• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I started to play a bit of Devil Survivor 2 again. This reminds me why Tokyo Mirage Sessions didn't use DeSu's gameplay. Since it features "demons" of a tactical roundbased RPG series, it would be the perfect opportunity to take DeSu's roundbased gameplay. Instead it became a dungeoncrawler like a classic Shin Megami Tensei game. A missed opportunity imo. Anyways I have played about a handful of maps in DeSu2 again. I have to think about who can't die in this game:

Spoiler
  • protagonist
  • Airi
  • Fumi
  • Yamato
  • Ronaldo
  • Aina (not sure)

I have played the game twice yet and couldn't rescue everyone in either run. In my first run I lost Keita (not a big loss for me tbh), and in my second run I lost Jungo who has a superadorable passion for cats. I try to get better this time.

I just noticed that my latest four games take place in one and the same place, Tokyo.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Hello, hello, everyone!~

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I took the Beast. I'll be on the lookout though for Troubadours at the Grimoire trades, I'd so well with some Fantasia and Prelude.

And thus my team is complete:

Reveal hidden contents

Sword!Dark Hunter- Yuri:

Portrait_eo2u_dark_hunter_03.png

The face of an underdog, they're angry and they're struggling, but they're determined to get through it! Cute. And, they're a shirtless guy, can't say no to that.😋 Named after the white-haired Yuri of Infinite Space, I came to love his character. 

Palm!Alchemist- Hypatia:

Portrait_eo2u_alchemist_02.png

Named after this historical woman:

"In the year 416 AD, a mob of Christian radicals stormed a carriage in the streets of Alexandria, dragged the women within into a nearby church, where they beat her with roofing tiles. Thus died Hypatia, the first great female scholar of mathematics, astronomy, and philosophy. She was, at the time of her death, head of the Neoplatonic School in the cosmopolitan city … but declared a Hellenistic pagan by the bloody-minded mob.

Daughter of a mathematician, she was born in Alexandria c. 370 AD. Being quite brilliant, she was sent off to be educated in Athens, returning to her home around 400 to become head of the well-respected school in Alexandria. There she lectured on mathematics and philosophy, assisted her father in his monumental commentary on Ptolemy’s 'Almagest,' and herself produced a new version of Euclid’s 'The Elements.'

But it was her dabbling with pagan tools such as astrolabes and musical instruments, as well as her willingness to accept anyone – including non-Christians and foreigners – into her school that brought approbation. Church leaders ranted about her “Satanic wiles” and worse, she ignored all those Biblical pronouncements about the proper behavior of women.

It all came to a head when Cyril (later “St. Cyril”) was appointed patriarch of Alexandria in 412, and promptly became a bitter political rival to Orestes, the Roman governor, as the church and state fought for control. Hypatia happened to be a friend of Orestes, as well as the city’s leading intellectual light … and female. She soon became the focal point of riots and fighting between Christians and non-Christians, and her murder soon followed."

Tanking!Beast- Ungnyeo:

1-beast4.png

Finally, I use the panda artwork! I did a quick lookup for bears in mythology and named it after the bear-turned-woman who became the mythical mother of the founder of the first ever historical kingdom in Korea- Gojoseon.

Medic- Hariti

c24754fc96ba1e241002f8de4e426097.jpg

I wanted the motherly figure for some reason. I realize the blonde female Alchemist is practically her twin, but I didn't want to take advantage of that. Named after a Buddhist goddess of parenting.

Hexer- Aphra 

Portrait_eo2u_hexer_02.png

Named after a famed English female writer, poet and playwright of the 1600s. Hardly anything is known of her life, but she did serve as a British spy for a time and was buried in Westminster Abbey. Spies are underhanded, so are Hexers. I had to pick the loli Hexer, I know, I apologize for wanting cuteness.

Some class considerations I had made:

• I was really considering the War Magus, but I felt the Beast was served somewhat better by the Medic.
    • While War Magus has synergy with the Sword!Dark Hunter, the food that assures ailments last 3 turns doesn’t exist until the postgame, and until then, do I want to wait another turn to use Soul Liberator and risk missing my chance because the ailment wore off? Too much of a risky headache.
    • A Whip!Dark Hunter would be more perfectly synergistic, due to the Whip Hunter relying on Binds and thus being able to leave Ailments in place, and the power of Displace + Chained Benefit/Stigmata. But I used a Whip Hunter in EOU, so I wanted to try a Sword Hunter here now that it is better.
  • The Palm!Alchemist is in no way optimal, but I really really wanted one! What other EO has such a thing? It did mandate the Beast and thus limit my offense to 2 characters, but I don’t mind too much, because it gives me an assured victory in a certain fight that’ll give my team issues.
  • Haven’t used a Medic in a while either, and Chase Heal is made for the Beast in multi-enemy fights. A Medic has a higher STR + TEC total than a War Magus, so though it can’t get it to 20, the Medic is capable of a good Ailing Slash if I want it. All I need is to backline the Beast on the turns I use it.
  • I read some EO maniac made a Palmchemist-Sword Hunter-Protector-Hexer-Troubadour team work for their first run. Whilst items and Grimoires exist, the convenience of a healer class is too good for me to skimp on one. And some say Protector isn’t enough to save the frontline Palmchemist on Expert, so the Beast it is.
  • I’ve got the Highlander DLC, so maybe if I get super-lucky I could Grimoire Trade for a level 10 Stigmata. I don’t have any other paid DLC, but spending the $2.50 for the Hot Springs DLC for the Bikini Armor would be wonderful for my Beast. And no, I’m not interested in the topless Arianna and Chloe artwork that you can then set as their in-battle portraits.

Guild name is Kalmar, after the Kalmar Union of the 1400s which brought the three Scandinavian kingdoms of Norway, Denmark, and Sweden (which included Finland) into a personal union (shared monarch, but otherwise separate governments).

Cafe name is Andenes, after the terrace farms of South America, which enabled the Incan Empire to create a populous empire in the harsh high altitudes of the steep Andes Mountains. Cafes serve food, not the worst possible connection.

So far, almost at the 5th floor, things are going well at level 10. No Game Overs yet on Expert, though a few close calls and some deaths.

• Looks like I miscalculated, level 18 is the minimum for Soul Liberator, though getting it to 10 needs me to reach 27. That will be all Yuri aims for for now.
  • Hypatia has mastered Palm Mastery to get Additional Palm, which effectively doubles her very damage. I intend to master Additional Palm and then afterwards invest in the Fire/Ice/Volt Palms themselves. Hypatia gets 2HKO'ed when defending, so the Beast must be here. But I can use a Palm every turn no problems because they cost so little.
  • Ungnyeo intends to get Preemptive Roar mastered first (only 5 SP), because stacked with a Grimoire of the skill, it has a 100% chance of activation. Haven't decided whether to go Protect on the grounds I want to keep the Beast alive- too many hit redirections could stop that- and I think my Dark Hunter can survive without help, or to invest in Hit-Taker instead. Protection Vow is a long way off, but could work alright in randoms with Chase Heal. Bosses...
    • Protection Vow at 20 can proc 6 times with an 8% decrease in its activation rate per successful proc, meaning the sixth proc would have an 60% chance of activating. Though if I'm against a single enemy with a target-all attack, I need only 4 procs and I don't really need any proc after the one for the Palmchemist.
  • Hariti has put 7 into Heal Mastery to learn Chase Heal, though it isn't great at a minimum. Got Line Heal for some crowd restoration, and is now working towards 1 SP into Revive for the convenience (Revive doesn't get better until at least 5, I don't feel like invest more this early into it). After that it'll be Chase Heal again or Healing, not sure if Line Heal was a good idea actually or if the first Salve would've been better. No biggie though, heals are always great.
  • Aphra has a very simple course of progression, no tough decisions. Venom Curse to 9 or 10 (almost done), finish Curse Mastery. Curb Attack Up, Chained Benefit, and then my choice of the myriad of curses.

Nice, nice!
And I see you put a lot more thought into your guild than I did. XD

I wish you good luck, though if you've reached the fifth floor at level 10 on Expert, it should work out well!
My own group is level 15 now, but... I'm honestly scared to face the Chimaera. I don't know why. >.<

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Ight, imma start EO2 (3ds) today or tomorrow! Looking forwards to it!

Enjoy!
If you don't, that's fine, too! As Interdimensional Observer said, that kinda game isn't for everyone.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>Grade S in Mario 35

yay!

Am i finally getting good at Mario?

Congrats! ^^

Speaking of Fate, I had a listen to the OST of Fate/Extra CCC recently.
Since I'll probably never play that game, because I don't understand a lick of Japanese (no fan translation T.T), I thought I'd just listen to music from it.
Gotta say... pretty amazing!

Being Sakura is suffering... even in music, it seems.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oof.
Poor girl.

In Fate Shirou goes and becomes an idiot of justice

in UBW her sister steals the man she loves from right under her nose and goes with him to the UK

and Zouken is alive in both routes

And shinji is alive in UBW

And it's only 10 years after FATE/UBW they dismantle the grail

:sip:

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

In Fate Shirou goes and becomes an idiot of justice

in UBW her sister steals the man she loves from right under her nose and goes with him to the UK

and Zouken is alive in both routes

And shinji is alive in UBW

:sip:

Yep. Being Sakura is suffering, alright.
qcgJeEn.png

And even her Moon Cell version isn't exempt from this, as far as I've read Extra CCC's plot. And she isn't even a real person in the Extraverse, but a digitally created medical A.I.!

uuv7ojG.png?1

This was certainly a long bossbattles run.

Anyways this is Tokyo Xanadu Ex's boss rush on hard.

The half of the overall time went to Mist Witch which I had to replay about ten times.

This is by far the hardest boss in the game.

Considering I've played this game on lowest difficulty, I'm actually proud of myself for beating bossbattles mode on second highest difficulty (hard).

It was a very good experience.

I learned to dodge more efficiently.

Now I'm 100% done with this game.

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

uuv7ojG.png?1

... This was certainly a long bossbattles run.

Anyways this is Tokyo Xanadu Ex's boss rush.

The half of the overal time went to Mist Witch which I had to replay about ten times.

This is by far the hardest boss in the game.

Now I'm 100% done with this game.

Nice! Congrats! ^^

Nothing to start off the day better than a desert map you have to beat in 25 turns while getting treasure scattered about...

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>Grade S in Mario 35

yay!

Am i finally getting good at Mario?

Wait this exists?? How have I not played it yet??