Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Did they rewrite the male health exam event? My memory of it is that it was fairly plain, it was more absurd than that. I know the casual wear they were wearing for the occasion has to be new to Record Breaker, and I like it. 1 million Macca to the people at Atlus who decided to make perv event optional, though it does mean the next three bonding events you fill your schedule with will be with guys or Makoto.

Otome's voice... Celica of XCX? It's that or she's Bravely Second's Yoko, or both if they're the same VA. Has that hushed tone to it, and I don't mind it, I was expecting a little more mature, but it entirely fits with her character. And at last, the Anguished One, it works, thank goodness.

Looks like my demon stock is running low now, I need to Free Battle up and fuse up again. If a demon lasts a day, it's done its a job well done, if it lasts two days, you've milked it for all it's worth and more.

If you don't mind "anime" and have a 3DS laying around, I will once again recommend Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker. If SMT is usually too dark for you to handle, then I can understand skipping the first Devil Survivor, but DS2 never goes a day without mixing lighthearted humor into the apocalypse around you. I haven't tried the Blessed difficulty they've added, but it should make things easier than what I'm experiencing on the standard Apocalypse difficulty.

24 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Thank god snow doesn’t have terrain effects in this game. glares in fe7

Snow wasn't that bad. It's for one map (you do get two others with rain, but one is final chapter Lyn mode lol). It slows movement for both sides for a few turns, and it doesn't affect movement indoors.

Although, I will add I usually get Kenneth's Pale Flower of Darkness, the Jerme rout version is bigger and more scattered, I can see snow being more of a chore there.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

PSA for anyone willing to try Etrian Odyssey:
Do.
Not.
Use.
A.
Ronin.

That class is like, straight up terrible.
Terrible HP, terrible TP efficiency, way too much setup required to be useful when other classes can access their best attacking skills immediately without having to go into a stance first, and despite being a front-line class, they have the survivability of a crippled cow in a cage full of starving tigers.
Their damage output with their skills might be higher than some other classes, but the risk involved is really not worth the reward.

I've heard criticisms of the class before, and I'm not using one in EON (where they nerfed it further overall it looks), but I did use one in EOU1. Sure I had a Protector to help with its low defense, and I had a Troubadour, whose Taboo Rondo lets you extend the duration of buffs including the Stances there by 1-3 turns (and thanks to a glitch, level 9 gives you 3 turns without the increased level 10 cost). But with those two teammates the Ronin was pretty good, Swallow Strike was great damage and the elemental skills let you work around physical resistances. I'd probably use a Protector in with it case I ever did a U2 run with one.

Also, maxing a Stance gives a 33% chance of it activating at the start of a battle in U2, and for EON, at any level is a Stance guaranteed to activate on the first turn of a battle provided you weren't ambushed.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

tfw you dodge one FOE, but run into another and now you're trapped between the two of them
Stamp273.png

Never forget the almighty Ariadne -I forgot to buy another!?!

🌱

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've heard criticisms of the class before, and I'm not using one in EON (where they nerfed it further overall it looks), but I did use one in EOU1. Sure I had a Protector to help with its low defense, and I had a Troubadour, whose Taboo Rondo lets you extend the duration of buffs including the Stances there by 1-3 turns (and thanks to a glitch, level 9 gives you 3 turns without the increased level 10 cost). But with those two teammates the Ronin was pretty good, Swallow Strike was great damage and the elemental skills let you work around physical resistances. I'd probably use a Protector in with it case I ever did a U2 run with one.

Also, maxing a Stance gives a 33% chance of it activating at the start of a battle in U2, and for EON, at any level is a Stance guaranteed to activate on the first turn of a battle provided you weren't ambushed.

That would probably be for the best.
For me, I'm using it mainly because I never had the opportunity to (in Nexus, I used an offensive Shogun instead - really good!), but as I keep playing I keep realizing that it was probably not the best choice.

Maybe it's because I haven't gotten all the stances yet and my level is still rather low, and maybe the Ronin is actually a latebloomer and I just complained for nothing again.
Wouldn't be the first time. XP

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never forget the almighty Ariadne -I forgot to buy another!?!

🌱

"Forgot the Warp Wires, F.O.E.!!!"
XD
Luckily, I still had one on me.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is it bad that I find Arcadia to be a rather palatable desert map...? Yeah. I feel it's not that bad, as far as desert maps go

I like it too, but I don't wanna get crucified.

I think the best desert map in the series is FE8's. I really like that one. 

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Yeah, the desert in that one serves a purpose beyond "fuck you, now you're slow", since there's two separate parties to manage on opposite sides of the desert and it's not that easy to get them to reunite. Good idea, I think.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Same on this. Theres no rush or FoW -as in Elibe- nor is the map entirely desert as in Tellius. Overall it's not a bad or tediously slow map barring collecting all the treasure.

The one change I'd like is, for the highest difficulty only, to have Caellach and Valter start moving after a certain number of turns have passed. Because a flier in the desert with a Killer Lance, high stats, Pierce and no bow weakness is fun! But the Condor Squad is not.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The one change I'd like is, for the highest difficulty only, to have Caellach and Valter start moving after a certain number of turns have passed. Because a flier in the desert with a Killer Lance, high stats, Pierce and no bow weakness is fun! But the Condor Squad is not.

I think that Caellach should move, but maybe not Valter. Caellach isn't a threat at all since he doesn't move and doesn;t have any threats with him, so maybe movement and one or two promoted enemies would mae him more of a force.

4 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

the name change of this topic is quite appropiate

You, too? The LP squad is taking over this thread!

Exactly as planned...

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That'd make Valter legitimately terrifying.

Good. I like it.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Exactly as planned...

well, I do follow you. So I get notifications of whatever debauchery you plan here.

On that note, I saw Yubello being epic, that's nice. How's Lunatic going so far for you?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you don't mind "anime" and have a 3DS laying around, I will once again recommend Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker. If SMT is usually too dark for you to handle, then I can understand skipping the first Devil Survivor, but DS2 never goes a day without mixing lighthearted humor into the apocalypse around you. I haven't tried the Blessed difficulty they've added, but it should make things easier than what I'm experiencing on the standard Apocalypse difficulty.

Devil Survivor 2 is my favorite 3DS game because it's how a Shin Megami Tensei game has to be done for me (despite being a spinoff). I definitely prefer tactical JRPGs over action RPGs and the tactical part of Devil Survivor 2 is executed splendid in my eyes. The mix of different mission objectives (rout, escape, rout in time) is great. Since I never really have got into contact with anime when I played this game (it hasn't changed today), I can't really argue here. Though I can say that the characterization of the characters is great. I only dislike one character of this cast for obvious reasons, but it's not because they have been written poorly, it's just that I don't share their view. Also one more reason I prefer 2 over 1 (aside of having more features) is the well balanced difficulty imo. I have played the games on the two lowest modes yet, but I found it fair at any time. I remember 1's endgame chapters tended to be very unforgivable even on lower difficulties. I remember having trouble with one of the chapters against a Bel (forgot which one it was). 2 is more beginnerfriendly in this regard. 

Edited by Julian Teehee

39 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

well, I do follow you. So I get notifications of whatever debauchery you plan here.

D-Debauchery!? Perish the thought!

37 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

How's Lunatic going so far for you?

I beat chapter 8 yesterday. It was kind of a mess... For some reason I decided to go get Bantu. Then I had to use a rescue charge to be able to dance for Marth so he could seize after speaking to Jeorge.

Still, Bantu was quite useful. He was so bad, the sniper who could kill Matthis decided to go after him instead because he could kill him harder. Amazing. Not gonna lie, that was the most useful he's ever been in any of my FE12 runs. Dying to save Matthis.

As for Yubello... he's at 15 defense now. He stands a good chance of capping before promotion. As a fighter. A fighter! 17 speed, too! What is happening!?

29 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Since I never really have got into contact with anime when I played this game (it hasn't changed today), I can't really argue here.

I've never watched anime myself, barring a smidgen of stuff as a child which I soon lost interest in. But as I'm told the game is "anime", I'll believe it, it doesn't stop me from enjoying DS2 one bit.

And stay away from the DS2 anime! At a certain point it gets game-defiantly grisly I've read.

19 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

lso one more reason I prefer 2 over 1 (aside of having more features) is the well balanced difficulty imo. I have played the games on the two lowest modes yet, but I found it fair at any time. I remember 1's endgame chapters tended to be very unforgivable even on lower difficulties. I remember having trouble with one of the chapters against a Bel (forgot which one it was). 2 is more beginnerfriendly in this regard. 

DS2 did take some lessons from what the first game didn't do right. Like actually letting you use most of the characters in the game prior to the very last day, instead of being stuck with the MC and their two friends plus maybe two others for the rest of it. While I've never played it on either, DS2's easier difficulty setting looks like it makes things easier than DS1's easy mode too.

15 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I only dislike one character of this cast for obvious reasons, but it's not because they have been written poorly, it's just that I don't share their view.

I think I know who you're talking about, thats very understandable. 

The one character that I think is poorly written is Ronaldo. Having an internal struggle between standing up for the people and wanting revenge! is fine, but Kuriki slingshots from one to the other too wildly, it makes him seem like he has no self-control. And he has a problem, not unfamiliar, to FE where the optional developmental bonding you can do with him doesn't affect him in the main narrative either (Makoto to a smaller extent shares this flaw).

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never watched anime myself, barring a smidgen of stuff as a child which I soon lost interest in. But as I'm told the game is "anime", I'll believe it, it doesn't stop me from enjoying DS2 one bit.

And stay away from the DS2 anime! At a certain point it gets game-defiantly grisly I've read.

...Actually I watched an episode of the Devil Survivor anime. It was the sign for me not to dip further into anime. Tales of Zestiria X was the other anime I have ever watched for a little bit which was......... ok. These two videogame animes are the only animes I have "watched" yet.

I think I know who you're talking about, thats very understandable. 

The one character that I think is poorly written is Ronaldo. Having an internal struggle between standing up for the people and wanting revenge! is fine, but Kuriki slingshots from one to the other too wildly, it makes him seem like he has no self-control. And he has a problem, not unfamiliar, to FE where the optional developmental bonding you can do with him doesn't affect him in the main narrative either (Makoto to a smaller extent shares this flaw).

Yup, Ronaldo is the only one I dislike. And the worst part is that all my favorite characters follow his path. His path is the only one I haven't played yet. Since I can reach the required link to re-recruit his allies it's no issue.

IMG_20201014_142552.jpg

I waited for him to leave before starting the quest boss and he came back before I finished because fuck me I guess.

Edit: he doesn't show up at night which is ok. Doesn't excuse putting this quest boss in the middle of a Tyrant's path tho.

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201014_141953.jpg

The moment I heard Uncontrollable start playing, I knew I had already lost.

Very cool how this quest boss takes place smack in the middle of a Lv.65 Tyrant's path.

Not entirely sure, but I don't the Vigents are active at night, the non-Tyrant ones in Oblivia at least aren't.

Well, damn. Chapter 9 is done.

The now-Astramless free company appeared way sooner than I expected. Arran sacrificed himself to protect another. I... couldn't have imagined a better death for him, to be honest. He had already fallen off, and finding his end in battle was his one true wish, after all, so I carried on. Had to use a rescue charge (Etzel delayed Marth a bit too long), but I managed it. Godspeed, Arran. You did well.

I'm so close to the dragon arc. Someone please save me.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not entirely sure, but I don't the Vigents are active at night, the non-Tyrant ones in Oblivia at least aren't.

Yeah I already found that out in the following post. But it's still bad design putting it's path right through there imo, especially since changing time isn't as quick in this game.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Snow wasn't that bad. It's for one map (you do get two others with rain, but one is final chapter Lyn mode lol). It slows movement for both sides for a few turns, and it doesn't affect movement indoors.

Although, I will add I usually get Kenneth's Pale Flower of Darkness, the Jerme rout version is bigger and more scattered, I can see snow being more of a chore there.

I know it wasn’t tHaT bad, but the map I had just played (18 in Ilia) was entirely snow, and chapter 14 had given me enough no movement for the game. 

OHHHHH THAT’S RIGHT you’re only slowed when it’s actually snowing, not by the snow on the ground. Ohhhh yeah. And btw, I have never played Jerme’s Pale Flower of Darkness.

2 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

the name change of this topic is quite appropiate

Indeed.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will resist!