Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Slept from 8:30 PM till 10:00 PM and from 4 AM till 5 AM thanks to inflamed bronchia. Have to report sick for today.

14 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

F

That sucks. That really, really sucks.

11 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Ooh, you have my sympathies, crashes or other errors that force you to close the game without saving are the worst. And boss rushes can be quite lengthy.

Maybe I let out the anger too much yesterday that I'm feeling sick right now.

Anyways this was a generic bug because exact same happened to me again when I redid the boss (as solo fight this time).

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

'll be honest, i've never really thought about ranking Zelda dungeon design so the only thing i can contribute is that Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask is the best dungeon in the series because of the visual lore surrounding that place and Ikana Valley as a whole. The one thing i'll never forgive the 3DS remake for changing something is getting rid of all of the implications of Ikana and Stone Tower.

What did they change? Making it less grim and dark?

For all the Zelda games I've played this is how I'd rank them.

Music:

1. Wind Waker
  2. Twilight Princess
  3. Majora's Mask
  4. Breath of the Wild
  5. Link's Awakening
  6. Spirit Tracks
  7. A Link to the Past
  8. Ocarina of Time
  9. Skyward Sword
  10. Minish Cap

Visuals:

1. Breath of the Wild/Wind Waker
  2. Skyward Sword
  3. Twilight Princess
  4. Spirit Tracks
  5. A Link to the Past
  6. Link's Awakening
  7. Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
  8. Minish Cap

Gameplay:

1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Wind Waker
  3. Twilight Princess
  4. Skyward Sword
  5. Link's Awakening
  6. Majora's Mask
  7. Ocarina of Time
  8. Minish Cap
  9. A Link to the Past
  10. Spirit Tracks

Story:

1. Wind Waker
  2. Twilight Princess
  3. Link's Awakening
  4. Majora's Mask
  5. Skyward Sword
  6. Spirit Tracks
  7. Ocarina of Time
  8. Breath of the Wild
  9. Minish Cap/A Link to the Past

Overall:

1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Wind Waker
  3. Twilight Princess
  4. Skyward Sword
  5. Link's Awakening
  6. Majora's Mask
  7. Ocarina of Time
  8. Spirit Tracks
  9. Minish Cap
  10. A Link to the Past

Lmao imagine playing Spirit Tracks lmfao

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Music:

4. Breath of the Wild

8. Ocarina of Time

9. Skyward Sword

This is just so sad....

On a completely unrelated note, to those that know the game, Awakening doesn’t have the problem where if you pick a male avatar and don’t marry a specific unit you’re locked out of a child, right?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What did they change? Making it less grim and dark?

In the original, there was a visual implication that the Terminians outright rejected the Three Goddesses in favor of the Four Giants and the path leading to Ikana Valley, as well as the Stone Tower Temple itself, suggests blasphemy. The pillars right outside of the Clock Tower east gate, as well as those moving blocks you use to get to the entrance of Stone Tower depicts the Triforce being licked and it's the only time you'll ever see the Triforce in the game.

untitled-1.jpg

snapofthetriforce.jpg

Stone Tower itself is basically just the Zelda equivalent to the Tower of Babel because in the starting section of the temple, if you look up, there's a portal that can't be reached by any means

thing5.jpg

And that portal doesn't resemble the one that you enter for Twinmold's lair, which suggests that the Goddesses foiled the Terminians' plans to enter the divine realm by sending them to a barren wasteland dimension instead.

It's worth noting that none of this has actually been confirmed and it's just fun theorizing but i remember being upset when the remake ended up getting rid of these details.

Click here if you want to read the entire theory.

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

It is a tragedy that they forced motion controls for that game. And Phantom Hourglass.

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

On a completely unrelated note, to those that know the game, Awakening doesn’t have the problem where if you pick a male avatar and don’t marry a specific unit you’re locked out of a child, right?

No, since child units are dependent on the mother (with the exception of Robin's child of course).

It does have a problem of its own, in that you can lose out on getting Cynthia since Sumia has a limited support options.

---

Oh, I remember that theory about Ikana.

Certainly a curious choice to remove the Triforce. Then again, it was a bit of a crass imagery, considering where exactly it was. Likely not spotted or fine in the late 1990's, not fine by the time of the 3DS version. Who knows.

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

It's better than Phantom Hourglass at least, that game screams "portable, touch-controlled Zelda" in a bad way. Though I will say neither is a great Zelda, they aren't terrible games though, just a little limited. Link's Awakening, Oracle, and Minish Cap, are all better portable Zeldas.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is a tragedy that they forced motion controls for that game. And Phantom Hourglass.

Ngl, the touch controls kill sword combat more than SS's WiiMotionPlus.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

And that portal doesn't resemble the one that you enter for Twinmold's lair, which suggests that the Goddesses foiled the Terminians' plans to enter the divine realm by sending them to a barren wasteland dimension instead.

It's worth noting that none of this has actually been confirmed and it's just fun theorizing but i remember being upset when the remake ended up getting rid of these details.

Click here if you want to read the entire theory.

Ah, that. Thats not so terrible a loss, compared to retconning the entirety of Termina to a creation of Majora's Mask that vanished from existence shortly after the mask was cleansed of evil by Link in the final battle in an art book.

Doesn't even make total sense, how can the mask have created Termina when the Skull Kid was there before he got possessed? -Okay it's not impossible, but why then would a mask create a parallel/pocket world?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It does have a problem of its own, in that you can lose out on getting Cynthia since Sumia has a limited support options.

Ok honest to God, i never knew it was possible to lose out on Cynthia. Mainly because of how insanely easy it for Chrom/Sumia to reach S-Support.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Link's Awakening, Oracle, and Minish Cap, are all better portable Zeldas.

Don't forget Link Between Worlds.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thats not so terrible a loss, compared to retconning the entirety of Termina to a creation of Majora's Mask that vanished from existence shortly after the mask was cleansed of evil by Link in the final battle in an art book.

When was this?

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't forget Link Between Worlds.

How'd I forget my one of my favorites!?!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

When was this?

March 1st, 2017. The day the The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia was published in Japan. The lines Zelda Wiki cites from its official English translation:

• When a Skull Kid steals Majora's Mask from a traveling mask salesman, the combination of the Skull Kid's burdened heart and the evil magic within Majora's Mask transforms the world into the land of Termina."  (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 36)
  • "Termina is a parallel world with its own distinct culture, which is perhaps influenced by Majora's ancient tribe. This land is also inhabited by races and people similar to those found in Hyrule, which were constructed from the Skull Kid's memories and delusions."  (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 36)
  • "The four giants were friends of the Skull Kid who, much like Termina itself, were created in a new form by the power of Majora's Mask."  (Encyclopedia(Dark Horse Books) pg. 37)
  • "While the hero's pure heart allows the world of Termina to momentarily revel in its salvation, as soon as he departs, that world ceases to exist." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 37)

I was more saline than the Great Bay when I found out about this over a year after it first became known. To the point I made a topic containing my entire gut reaction and various other thoughts.:

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

March 1st, 2017. The day the The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia was published in Japan. The lines Zelda Wiki cites from its official English translation:

• When a Skull Kid steals Majora's Mask from a traveling mask salesman, the combination of the Skull Kid's burdened heart and the evil magic within Majora's Mask transforms the world into the land of Termina."  (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 36)
  • "Termina is a parallel world with its own distinct culture, which is perhaps influenced by Majora's ancient tribe. This land is also inhabited by races and people similar to those found in Hyrule, which were constructed from the Skull Kid's memories and delusions."  (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 36)
  • ↑ "The four giants were friends of the Skull Kid who, much like Termina itself, were created in a new form by the power of Majora's Mask."  (Encyclopedia(Dark Horse Books) pg. 37)
  • ↑ "While the hero's pure heart allows the world of Termina to momentarily revel in its salvation, as soon as he departs, that world ceases to exist." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 37)

Ooh yeah, this is very undermining. I'm just not going to accept this as canon, mainly because Dark Horse is known to just get things wrong sometimes iirc.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ooh, dark.

Wind Fish: Been there, done that.

Don't forget that the Milk Bar has four Links at once, somehow happening without the Four Sword, play a tune thats called the "Ballad of the Wind Fish". Sure it sounds nothing like the original, but now it's a little ironic.

ya know, after Berwick i am thinking of doing a Thracia randomizer Ironman screenshot/video LP

I keep telling myself i need a break of FE though....

When i am home again today i shall tackle ch12!

Have been quite tired the last few days (24/7 headache) so haven't been playing at all

Edited by Shrimperor

7 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Kinda late but as others have said, Cynthia is the only one unless all of your units pretty much... die.

And of course you Always get Lucina whether or not you have any females alive. Of course she wont be to stellar, either.

8 hours ago, Teehee said:

Slept from 8:30 PM till 10:00 PM and from 4 AM till 5 AM thanks to inflamed bronchia. Have to report sick for today.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Have been quite tired the last few days (24/7 headache) so haven't been playing at all

Get well soon, both of you! 🙂

---

And hello, everyone! ^^

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Get well soon, both of you! 🙂

Thanks!

I asked my mom on the phone about it today and she told me to test my blood sugar level...

Will do it in ~2 weeks where i have an appointment with my doctor...

Hopefully nothing serious xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks!

I asked my mom on the phone about it today and she told me to test my blood sugar level...

Will do it in ~2 weeks where i have an appointment with my doctor...

Hopefully nothing serious xD

I hope so, too!

My grandpa has issues with his blood sugar level, and it's... not pleasant, to say the least. So here's hoping the cause is something else!