• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Tales of Symphonia really needs a system upgrade, not just a port.

You aren't wrong, the game was the first in the franchise to go 3D, and more than any other it feels stiff and primitive because of that. The breakout title of the franchise isn't the most refined. The EX Gems and the Tech vs. Skill choice when learning new Artes aren't really explained and are just kinda there too, they could use some improvement.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You aren't wrong, the game was the first in the franchise to go 3D, and more than any other it feels stiff and primitive because of that. The breakout title of the franchise isn't the most refined. The EX Gems and the Tech vs. Skill choice when learning new Artes aren't really explained and are just kinda there too, they could use some improvement.

It's still good dont get me wrong, but like you said it feels "stiff". Gameplay controls arent the greatest, they could stand to clean those up. 

Gameplay speed could use an increase as well, it feels like you move like a slug!

The story is fine, dont touch that. Dungeons are also fine, dont touch those either. 

Explanations could be helpful, I agree as well.

We are......three days after Godzilla vs Kong was originally supposed to come out. The movie is basically done, they just moved it back to May because of Covid.

.....there is still not a single trailer.

I just wanna see the big lizard fight the big monkey, is that too much to ask?

______

Anyways, fun fact: today marks Doctor Who's 57th anniversary. The longest running sci-fi series. It's had it's ups and downs but it's one of the two live-action tv shows that has captivated me enough to be invested in it. Looking forward to the Christmas special is always a treat.

Edit: I'm gonna post one of the best scenes from Doctor Who and it's something that will always be relevant.

Edited by Armagon

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

is there any incentive to play Valkyria Chronicles NG+ or is it just there for the sake of it?

Nah there's no incentive. Not any worthwhile one anyway iirc.

And Grats on finishing!

was really bad for snipers in the early game. How snipers had the worst accuracy for a while is beyond me.

In VC4 they are aloooooooot better. Not only do they have better accuracy iirc, promoted snipers have interception fire.

• I didn't know how to feel about it at first but EXP and equipment in this game is basically communism. You don't level up individual units, you level up their class, you don't buy individual weapons, buying weapons applies to every character in that class (though some unique weapons do exist). I like this but it obviously works with this context.

It's the same in VC4, but you need to use the characters to unlock paralogues and Skills.

Didn't really like that every map had 20 turn limit.

Did it matter though? Most maps are cleared at ~10 turns max iirc.

And one part that happens at the end of the game (spoilers)

yeah that part made me facepalm as well haha.

Edited by Shrimperor

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Everything gets setback nowadays. Dont be too surprised.

IMG_20201123_100520.jpg

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not only do they have better accuracy iirc, promoted snipers have interception fire.

Oh nice!

*Realizes this also applies to the enemy*

Oh no!

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Did it matter though? Most maps are cleared at ~10 turns max iirc.

Not really but I do think I came cutting it close in some maps.

I just didn't like, see the point.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We may never know the true meaning behind Wraith’s words...

I was annoyed, posted 'Ave Imperator' to help make myself less annoyed, and Draggy in his good nature took it to mean something else. 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have like zero money in conquest and units need to promote.

F

Were you too slow in Shura's chapter or something? You should relatively easily have gotten ~7k gold out of it

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

F

Were you too slow in Shura's chapter or something? You should relatively easily have gotten ~7k gold out of it

I got like 7500 on it.

I bought quite a few bows to forge a good one for Mozu in preparation for 17...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I bought quite a few bows to forge a good one for Mozu in preparation for 17...

....yeah should've done that a bit later when you get more money, especially if you need money for Master Seals, which are more important xD

You probably need like 14k or so for promoting, no?

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

....yeah should've done that a bit later when you get more money, especially if you need money for Master Seals, which are more important xD

17 seemed like the be all end all at the time xD

I vastly underestimated Charlotte + Xander’s power.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You probably need like 14k or so for promoting, no?

I mean I want at least Velouria and Sophie to promote, if not Midori and/or Kana as well. And I’m going to get Siegbert and Soleil, both of whom join at level 20 like Velouria.

Although if I wait a chapter they’ll come with offspring seals then... but I get better chances to train Sophie and Kana now...

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

mean I want at least Velouria and Sophie to promote, if not Midori and/or Kana as well. And I’m going to get Siegbert and Soleil, both of whom join at level 20 like Velouria.

Although if I wait a chapter they’ll come with offspring seals then... but I get better chances to train Sophie and Kana now...

You should wait since you have no money xD

I am waiting for Offspring seals for Kana and Nina, and most other Kids xD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You should wait since you have no money xD

I am waiting for Offspring seals for Kana and Nina, and most other Kids xD

Since you’re a Conquest expert, when is the next chapter where I get money (I’m at 18)?