I am not a machine, man xD

Last i played Conquest was a couple years ago, don't forget that haha

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That made my day, thank you Shrimpy!

I needed a good laugh today.

Glad i was able to help and make your day brighter xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

It was out of a sense of exasperation. However I'm happy to hear you're doing well Draggy. 

Thank you!
Hope you're doing better yourself!

46 minutes ago, Wraith said:

@DragonFlames What's your My Castle code again? 

Here you go!
18446-11515
47270-30172
Granted, there's... not a lot to see right now. Just Gunter.

You can just go and seize the throne. There's no one on there. xD

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You should wait since you have no money xD

I am waiting for Offspring seals for Kana and Nina, and most other Kids xD

Iirc, you start getting these if you fetch the kids past Chapter 19 or 20.

Edited by DragonFlames

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Iirc, you start getting these if you fetch the kids past Chapter 19 or 20.

I think it's 18

Honestly i didn't wanna wait on Nina, but the shops don't offer enough Heart Seals for me to get the Skills i need atm xD

The 2 Heart Seals the shops offer will go to Severa to let hear learn Darting Blow then reclass her back to Lucina class

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think it's 18

That early? Oh!
Neat!

Honestly i didn't wanna wait on Nina, but the shops don't offer enough Heart Seals for me to get the Skills i need atm xD

I think I finally understand why I had so much trouble with Conquest on Hard besides the fact that I suck.
... I didn't reclass for skills. Like, at all.

The 2 Heart Seals the shops offer will go to Severa to let hear learn Darting Blow then reclass her back to Lucina class

Ayy! xD

I did the same on my Hard playthrough. Reclass Severa to Lucina's class, I mean.
Was pretty okay, but she sadly fell off a little towards the end. Screwy level-ups plus some unlucky misses that left her with no level ups at all in some maps did that.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Not only do they have better accuracy iirc, promoted snipers have interception fire.

I think it was only for one line of sniper rifles though, and IIRC, that R&D line has shortened firing range as the drawback. Although, you can choose which mass-produced rifle each character will use, and then designate one character as your standard long-range serial killer, and the other as your interception sniper.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Did it matter though? Most maps are cleared at ~10 turns max iirc.

If you play fast and don't save scum every hit you want to land. Less perfectionist/abusive play will mean maps take longer.

---

It's been years, but they finally announced a The World Ends With You sequel. Although on the surface of it, no Neku in sight, so is it not set in the same dimension? Or is this going to be a case where the truth that it's a direct story sequel is kept hidden for the sake of drama? The new guy looks manlier/more realistic than I expected given the thin and super "anime" Neku.

Game looks like it's making an acceptable aesthetic and graphical transition to 3D, thats good. Nothing can replicate the gameplay of the DS original, since nothing else has dual screens, but like with any gameplay setup, I hope it ends up being fun.

I'm not rushing to get the game day one, but I'll keep my heart open to purchasing it later.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

... I didn't reclass for skills. Like, at all

...you don't really need it, though xD

Not on hard, atleast

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Screwy level-ups

That's where Lunatic helps. Level ups are set in stone and resetting after a good lvlup doesn't mean good lvlup is gone, 

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think it was only for one line of sniper rifles though, and IIRC, that R&D line has shortened firing range as the drawback.

Iirc it's for most Rifles. They do have some drawbacks on the interception fire iirc, but not on the normal attack.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Watching my brother play Pokenon XD, Gale of Darkness and I realise how much they need to bring this series back. Cmon, stealing pokemon from people? What's not to like? 

Colosseum, and XD Gale of Darkness were underappreciated gems undermined by people expecting Colosseum to be Pokemon Stadium 3, and forgetting XD Gale of Darkness exists at all . Although Colosseum did the pokethief concept better, I mean just look at the opening cutscene

Spoiler

57 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I vastly underestimated Charlotte + Xander’s power.

Is Charlotte just Xander's backpack, or are you letting her terrifying combat stats shine through as well?

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Since you’re a Conquest expert, when is the next chapter where I get money (I’m at 18)?

You should get 10k from killing Zola in chapter 18, and another 5K from a mandatory enemy drop in chapter 19 as well.

So, am i the only one whose Silas falls off every run? 

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Welp, the "I suck" explanation it is, then. xD

I think it's less that and more that Conquest requires a (vastly) different playstyle than usual FE. Not only that, but every map needs to be tackled in a different way.

Most FE don't make you think about enemy skills, Map wide/changing events, the different stances, etc.

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

In my Hard Birthright run, I painstakingly got him to level 11 or 12... only to discover he still had his base Defense.
Everything was killing him in one round, because his speed was godawful, too.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

It's a good thing I'm not a fan of the guy.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Iirc it's for most Rifles. They do have some drawbacks on the interception fire iirc, but not on the normal attack.

*Checks the actual game*

You're right, every Sniper Rifle has interception fire actually, my preferred mass production of choice has B Aim, 1200 Range, 115 vs. Personnel, 72 vs. Armor, and 3 Ammo. The weapon's Intercept Fire stats being D+ Aim, 700 Range, 75 vs. Pers,  50 vs. Arm, and infinite ammo.

But I remember that Snipers didn't start with Intercept Fire, must've been gained on upgrade to Sniper Elite status then.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I've invested in Silas thinking "early Cavs are almost always great in FE!", but I've found that by promotion, he hasn't necessarily paid off. He was fine, but for all the investment... coulda been better. Maybe not a guaranteed CQ unit, though BR is a different story because Hoshido is the land of plenty -except horses (and Def stats). Thats a tad ironic, because, so I once heard, the katana originally became a curved, single-sided slashing sword, for the sake of mounted combat.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20201123-115126.png

LMAOOOOOOO

Even Twitter said "nah bro, not everything is a Persona 5 reference".

It's not the biggest surprise to me, when something makes it real big, it can become the lens through which much else is viewed. Consider the phenomena of some gamers labeling everything the "Dark Souls of X franchise" or the like.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In my Hard Birthright run, I painstakingly got him to level 11 or 12... only to discover he still had his base Defense.

I've less problems with Def and more with ATK and Weapon ranks

Not only is hit STR stat low, he comes with E Lances and D swords....

So Iron sword and Bronze Lance...

yay

Peri, whose guts i hate, appears a few chapters later with C and D Rank and better stats at same level, and if you wait a couple more chapters you get Xander, and i don't need to talk about that guy XD

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But I remember that Snipers didn't start with Intercept Fire, must've been gained on upgrade to Sniper Elite status then.

yup on Promotion

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"early Cavs are almost always great in FE!"

Meanwhile me: Only Oscar in PoR is the only good Cav i had in my time playing FE. Everyone else falls down hard, in my experience. In every FE game.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I've less problems with Def and more with ATK and Weapon ranks

Not only is hit STR stat low, he comes with E Lances and D swords....

So Iron sword and Bronze Lance...

yay

To be fair, thanks to Discipline, getting his skill ranks up doesn't take too much effort. You can get him to D lances by Mozu's Paralogue or Chapter 8.
And Bronze Lance means he won't have to worry about getting crit as much as long as he uses it.

... All of which doesn't mean much if he's slow as a snail and just as squishy...

Peri, whose guts i hate, appears a few chapters later with C and D Rank and better stats at same level

Also, she doesn't hit things. And she dies to a stiff breeze on top of that.
In my experience at least.

and if you wait a couple more chapters you get Xender, and i don't need to talk about that guy XD

Solid unit, yeah (if slow).
Although usually, I don't use characters I hate no matter how good they are as units. Had to make an exception for Conquest Hard, though, which... definitely contributed to my dislike of it.

Edited by DragonFlames

A 17 MT 90 Hit Axe

wth

Yeah 30% HP per use, but wth

i am so using it xD

Ah, I think this was the "Berserker's Axe", right?
Good weapon! HP penalty kinda sucks, but it combos nicely with some skills that require your HP to not be at max.

She has higher skl than my Silas

and only 2 less def xD

And I thought my Silas's's's's were bad. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, I think this was the "Berserker's Axe", right?
Good weapon! HP penalty kinda sucks, but it combos nicely with some skills that require your HP to not be at max

Yeah. Never got it before xD

And if it works like other weapons, it means penalty won't activate if unit is on the back during attack stance. Just like Silver and Brave weapons. Those are perfect use for attack stance

39 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think it's 18

It’s 19, I’m at 18 and they join at 20 but with no seals :(

29 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Is Charlotte just Xander's backpack, or are you letting her terrifying combat stats shine through as well?

You mean her mediocre stats and poor hit rates unless I wanna waste time with poor weapon ranks?

Xander’s backpack for the world.

29 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You should get 10k from killing Zola in chapter 18, and another 5K from a mandatory enemy drop in chapter 19 as well.

Good! Thank you!

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Absolutely not.

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

... I didn't reclass for skills. Like, at all.

SWEATS

I haven’t had much trouble so far though, although I know lategame is where it gets real.

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Screwy level-ups

Selena.png

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah. Never got it before xD

You get one guaranteed via My Castle rewards, I believe.
Requires you to do a few My Castle battles, though.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

And if it works like other weapons, it means penalty won't activate if unit is on the back during attack stance. Just like Silver and Brave weapons. Those are perfect use for attack stance

Can confirm.
Source: this is how I used it.

Just now, Sooks said:

I haven’t had much trouble so far though, although I know lategame is where it gets real.

I demand that you rescind the title of "Worst at Fire Emblem". xD
I was already about to give up on the game at the pot chapter.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I demand that you rescind the title of "Worst at Fire Emblem". xD
I was already about to give up on the game at the pot chapter.

That one took me a bit as well, but I also got really bad rng that chapter on multiple attempts, although I only won with no deaths because I got lucky that I could escape at a certain point where otherwise Selena would have died, I have no idea why Ryoma was like “they’ve breached our line! We have to fall back!” when he could have obliterated my entire army minus the escaped Corrin and Beruka xD

I also used pots like the least amount possible so...

I turtled the heck out of 17 with Xander on one side and Mozu/Beruka on the other..........

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That one took me a bit as well, but I also got really bad rng that chapter on multiple attempts, although I only won with no deaths because I got lucky that I could escape at a certain point where otherwise Selena would have died, I have no idea why Ryoma was like “they’ve breached our line! We have to fall back!” when he could have obliterated my entire army minus the escaped Corrin and Beruka xD

I took five tries to even get past Saizo and his gang.
And another three to even get to my least favorite lobster in all of video games.

... I had the patience of a saint back then.