• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

TWEWY actually got a sequel.

2020 is a weird year.

The trailer is still only in Japanese, it's out for next year, I suspect it might be late 2021/early 2022 outside Japan, though the trailer with subtitles does say summer. And you don't even need a Switch (though sadly Japan forgot XBOne exists. Again.)

(For those who want to know nothing besides it existing, don't touch the spoiler.)

Spoiler

Minamimoto's playable. THAT'S SO ZETTA WEIRD WHAT IS THIS.

Soh Cah bleedin' Toa, I expected him to never be used after the end of the game. Kariya's also confirmed, but barring a few other small cameos this is not all that tied to the first game. It's in 3D for exploration, there we are. Combat's completely overhauled (in 3D space, party of four, pins are handled differently) and thank fuck because TWEWY's combat did not work on the Switch even half as well.

Also Rindo does need to demonstrate better mask etiquette.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

TWEWY actually got a sequel.

2020 is a weird year.

That is so strange. That game was the most DS an RPG ever has been to the point that the switch version just sounded baffling to me...and now they make a sequel for it...so strange

49 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Is there no one?

I have a US copy, but each save gets its own castle...so which would you want to face? I have a complete save on Hard and Lunatic of all three modes (note the Birthright Lunatic was a female only run, the Conquest was 10 unit no prepromoted Royal no pairup on defense run, and the Revelations one was a PMU), a Hard conquest on chapter 12 from a draft, and a Lunatic Conquest up to chapter 20 using 10 unit, specifically using Shadow Mir's terrible 3.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is so strange. That game was the most DS an RPG ever has been to the point that the switch version just sounded baffling to me...and now they make a sequel for it...so strange

Fair is fair, it does look like its own beast combat wise.

Man, today has gone by so fast. I’ve been done with school stuff for 2~ hours and yet it feels like I’ve only been awake for an hour.

26 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

specifically using Shadow Mir's terrible 3.

I’m curious, who are they?

31 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I have a US copy, but each save gets its own castle...so which would you want to face? I have a complete save on Hard and Lunatic of all three modes (note the Birthright Lunatic was a female only run, the Conquest was 10 unit no prepromoted Royal no pairup on defense run, and the Revelations one was a PMU), a Hard conquest on chapter 12 from a draft, and a Lunatic Conquest up to chapter 20 using 10 unit, specifically using Shadow Mir's terrible 3.

Which ever one you’d like.

Edited by Wraith

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m curious, who are they?

Charlotte, Nyx, and Arthur

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Which everyone you like.

Taking a quick look, that is an endgame team you have there...I think I will go with the endgame Lunatic Conquest, but I think I will still get slaughtered...

Address: 05131-41162

01294-92339

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Speaking of NoA, why do you prefer 1 over 2?

I love both games a great deal, but what makes me love 1 more than 2 is a few things, actually, most of which are related to the gameplay:

• In Nights of Azure 1, the world is split into two parts: the city area and the dungeons. And the city area connects to all of the dungeons and back to the hub (of course, once you are in a dungeon, you cannot leave until you beat the boss or find a warp gate to take you back to the hub, because they are one-way only). Nights of Azure 2 doesn't have a connecting area like that, and while the dungeons are a bit longer and not just one-way, I prefer the way Nights of Azure does it, because it makes Ruswal Island (where NoA1 takes place) feel like an actual world, and you have a sense of where everything is, which is kind of missing in 2.
  • Nights of Azure 1 does not have a time limit mechanic that makes it impossible to get everything on a first playthrough (which is sadly the case in 2).
  • Nights of Azure 1 has the more memorable boss fights (with the notable exception of the final boss which I vastly prefer in 2, though 1's is also excellent).
  • Arnice feels better to control in combat. Her movement is more fluid. And I prefer Nights of Azure 1's weapon switch system to Nights of Azure 2's, where different weapons are tied to different Servans that can transform into them.
  • Speaking of the Servans, Nights of Azure 1 has the better Servan system. Not just by virtue of having more of them, they also feel very much different from each other in gameplay; a huge part of NoA1 is finding a good Servan party to aid you in fights, and while the game is perfectly beatable with just the ones the game gives you in the beginning, some of the bosses and arena challenges are much harder than they would otherwise be. In addition, you can have up to four different parties of Servans and you can freely switch between them as the situation demands it.
  • Not to mention, while it is neat that NoA2 gave some Servans abilities that could open up optional paths to treasure and more Servans, this means you won't really be using any of the Servans without these abilities if you want all the optional stuff. You can also only ever bring 2 Servans and one human partner (the human partner system isn't in NoA1, to be fair, and I liked the addition of it), making it feel a lot more restrictive.

Now, some non-gameplay stuff:

• Nights of Azure 2 has Lucia, my all time favorite theme in video games (heck, favorite song in general), but overall, I find Nights of Azure 1's soundtrack to be better. Not that NoA2's soundtrack is bad, far from it, I just prefer the first game's.
  • Nights of Azure 2 tried to add some variety by introducing playable side characters (which constitute the human partners). However, after their introduction, they sadly don't matter much in the grand theme of things outside of their own character side quests.
    Nights of Azure 1 is very much the story of Arnice and Lilysse, and it makes that clear from the beginning, but it does a better job at keeping its side characters relevant even without them being playable.
  • While I really like Aluche, I find Arnice to be the better protagonist overall (well, she IS my favorite protagonist in gaming, so...).
  • On PS4 at least, Nights of Azure 1 runs a lot better. 2 has some framerate issues, and in general, it looks like it had a smaller budget behind it than the original game.
    This is not exactly a dealbreaker, but I found it worth mentioning nonetheless.

Now, again, I love both games to death, Nights of Azure 2 is still one of my top ten favorite games ever, but I think this about covers it.

Now some things I find NoA2 does better, so that it doesn't look like too bad a game:

• The antagonist and final boss are much improved from the first game
  • Nights of Azure 2 has selectable difficulties
  • The Servans are predetermined and all you need to do to get them is to find them in the world;
    getting the items to summon Servans in Nights of Azure 1 can be quite a hassle, although once you have the item, you WILL get the Servan associated with it and you can have multiple of the same Servan. I still prefer 2's method in this regard, however. Servans in Nights of Azure 2 have more fleshed out personalities because of this (like the boomer dinosaur, for example). In Nights of Azure 1, each "type" of Servan has the same personality and voice (Fay-type Servans are all pranksters, for example).
  • While I prefer the way Nights of Azure 1 presents the world to you (as seen above), I do like the dungeons in 2 more. They are longer and have more optional stuff to find and discover, whereas Nights of Azure 1's dungeons are for the most part admittedly linear. Not to mention, you can actually go back and forth in areas and even unlock warp gates to use as shortcuts (as their function isn't just to take you back home anymore).
  • In Nights of Azure 2, the enemies that appear in the different areas will change depending on how far you are in the story. In Nights of Azure 1, they will always stay the same for the most part, with some exceptions being areas you have to revisit in the postgame.

Phew.
Sorry for the wall of text. XP

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This video is very helpful and of course there's plenty of people here that can also help. I bring this up because Xenoblade 2's in-game tutorials are actually pretty bad. I've seen some people say that the tutorials were the reason they weren't having fun with the combat and it wasn't until they actually learned what to do that they were like "oh I get it now".

Great! I hope that I'll get it today.

Also they said driver so much that I thought they were talking about Golf.

15 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Taking a quick look, that is an endgame team you have there...I think I will go with the endgame Lunatic Conquest, but I think I will still get slaughtered...

Address: 05131-41162

01294-92339

Good game.

Hmm maybe I should look more into arpg gameplay... I’ve written them off as not my thing, and while watching combat instantly makes me think that they play atrociously, maybe I don’t know that much about them...

Reading my post again, I hope there aren't TOO many spoilers in there for Kasumi...
Although then again... it is way too late for that, as I've chronicled my Extreme difficulty playthrough here in plain view for anyone to see, because I didn't think anyone would actually play it, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, man. Nights of Azure 1's soundtrack is so good. Like this track.

This is the theme for the very first boss you fight.
v82YXbl.jpg

This guy.
And it's hecking amazing!

Edited by DragonFlames

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, and this gem. A hecking jazz band.

Best theme for best girl!

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Be Me
>get a Bluetooth headest
>It mutes everything else when you try to talk

lol. Wth

And through googling it seems like it's a problem with any Bluetooth headset

Kek.

ffs i am actually angry

F
That sucks.

But good to know. I was also gonna purchase a headset soon (the mic built into my laptop is... not that great), so now I know what to avoid like the plague.