• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

who are trying to be woke and think that the Spanish language needs "helping" because it's a gendered-language.

I have no words. I don't speak spanish, but I know french, and I know that they're kind of cousin languages... And yeah, that makes no sense at all. "Ils" (They) applies to any group so long as they're not all female, (In which case Elles is used) so I don't get why that needs to be changed if it's all-inclusive to begin with...

My, how White Man's Burden of them. Or is it Anglo-Saxon Man's Burden...?

Also... oooooh, so that's why that term exists.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

VGA results were predictable. Can’t speak about TLOU2’s gameplay but even if I had a PS4 I wouldn’t have bothered because I really dislike the story. There’s also the whole crunch story to TloU2 and giving a reward to Naughty Dog feels like you’re approving of crunch. It would’ve been nice if they said “Tlou2 would’ve won if it weren’t for the crunch”. It would’ve been a strong statement. Same goes for Cyberpunk next year really.

———

The Game Of The Year and Player’s Voice results are different for the second time. Seems like gamers and game critics will never agree will they.

Edited by Strullemia

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

"Latinx" is a term invented by the white gringos (gringo is what a lot of Hispanics like to call Americans, I usually don't say it but "Latinx" pisses me off so the Hispanic in me is coming out) who are trying to be woke and think that the Spanish language needs "helping" because it's a gendered-language. They use "Latinx" as an all-inclusive term except they fail to take into account that "Latino" and "Latina" are all-inclusive depending on the context and that "Latinx" completely fucks with with the linguistics. By replacing the "a" or "o" at the end of "Latino/a" with an x, the implications are that you can do this to other words, which just completely destroys the language. You cannot add an x to "amigos, nosotros", etc.

Most Hispanics don't know "Latinx" exists and the few that do despise it. There are a few Hispanics who use it but these are usually people who don't actually speak Spanish, they just simply happen to be of Hispanic descent.

That hurts my brain just thinking of how that would change everything. I only took two years of it in HS, but that would confuse the heck out of me, not to mention how it breaks the flow of the spoken language itself.

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, folks!
... Well, that's a lot of new pages.
What did I miss?

Uh, let's see....

Shrimpy's doing a Conquest PME, we were chatting about the Game Awards, and...I think that's it?

--------

Morning, everyone. *waves*

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

753311592376172630.png?v=1

visible confusion

Danganronpa being a visual novel-style game, you can interact with your classmates before they either die or kill someone and then die, and as such, you can give them presents.
This is one of those.

I think someone on the writing team just had a little too much fun. xD

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

rlHaUGV.jpg

What the hell?

Hmm... Sounds like it'd be a problem if you were wearing pants, the sudden laser-charred hole and all. If theres a girl in a skirt not wearing underwear, give them to her, or that fat guy who is a zealous nudist.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Is A1 the Phoenix games/LJN of the animation industry?

The what of the animation industry?

Looks at Phoenix games and LJN

Oh..:

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

What I don't like is that new Ahsoka show they announced. Ahsoka's one appearance in The Mandalorian was fine, she doesn't need her own show. Especially because she already had her own show, it's called The Clone Wars.

I mean she’s beloved for a reason, right?

7 hours ago, Benice said:

And yeah, that makes no sense at all. "Ils" (They) applies to any group so long as they're not all female

This is also true of any masculine grouping words in Spanish, unless there are some exceptions I don’t know about.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, folks!
What did I miss?

Sephiroth from final fantasy is in smash

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Draggy you are a light of purity in this Teehee ridden den of madness. 

I can second the first part!

50 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think someone on the writing team just had a little too much fun. xD

The other scene you shared agrees with that, yeah

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Is A1 the Phoenix games/LJN of the animation industry?

In a way yes but I definitely wouldn’t say they’re that bad. As one anituber so eloquently put it they’re like the mcdonalds of anime. They’re just a very weird studio. It’s hard to explain if you’re not too deep into anime circles though. Cause they don’t universally make garbage. They make good shows. Kaguya-Sama love is war was a recent production of theirs and I certainly thought it was pretty good. A lot of other well regarded anime also comes from that studio like erased, seven deadly sins(even though I think that one is just okay), watakoi, etc. so they’re definitely not an awful studio. Best way to describe them is inconsistent if that makes sense. They lack any real sense of identity or brand as it were. Like show me anything from KyoAni or Ufotable and I can recognize it in a heartbeat. With A1 though, I’m usually shocked when I see their logo in the opening credits.

So today was the midterm exam in Spanish and when I got to the part where you type out your answers there was something new: letters corresponding to each answer above the text box (so like a. los b. la c. el d. las) and since I had never seen that before I assumed we were supposed to type the letters in the box instead of the actual words... so I did that for every question and apparently we were supposed to type the words... I messaged my teacher but I feel like this doesn’t bode well. I would be stuck with a 32 out of 40 (assuming my paragraph I had to write gets all 5 points).

I would also like to point out that, had the letters been the correct answers, I would have gotten every one of those questions right.

32 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I've done it again. 

And it is?

6 hours ago, Strullemia said:

The Game Of The Year and Player’s Voice results are different for the second time. Seems like gamers and game critics will never agree will they.

It's cause the votes don't actually matter. The thing with award shows is that the victors are decided by 90% judges, 10% audience votes. Maybe even less.

It's like an even more skewed version of the Electoral College.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, folks!
What did I miss?

Sephiroth got into Smash and killed Mario

IMG_20201211_101750.jpg?width=777&height

As for my thoughts on his inclusion:

• Cool
  • Kinda disappointing that both of Final Fantasy's reps in Smash Bros are from the same game
  • Let him be the last third party we get please. Even with my KOS-MOS bias, i would be disappointed if this season pass was filled with third party characters again.
    • Not actually disappointed at the characters themselves tho, more of the decisions.
2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

That hurts my brain just thinking of how that would change everything. I only took two years of it in HS, but that would confuse the heck out of me, not to mention how it breaks the flow of the spoken language itself.

The worst part is that it's trying to extend into other languages. According to some Filipino friends on Discord, woke Americans are trying to make "Filipix" a thing and i don't need to speak Filipino to know how that breaks the language.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

rlHaUGV.jpg

What the hell?

This feels like it could be a Nyan Cat reference

95a.gif

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I mean she’s beloved for a reason, right?

Yeah but this new spin-off shows feels so unnecessary. It just comes across as creatively bankrupt which *looks at the whole wave of Disney announcements yesterday* is an understatement.

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

As one anituber so eloquently put it they’re like the mcdonalds of anime.

Though i heavily dislike anitubers, i do agree with this explanation. If a manga you like is getting an adaptation and you see "studio is A1", you'll probably like "ok cool" but it won't pull the same reaction as reading "studio is KyoAni" for example.

Of course, there are worse options than A1. If A1 is McDonalds, then Silver Link is Burger King.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So today was the midterm exam in Spanish and when I got to the part where you type out your answers there was something new: letters corresponding to each answer above the text box (so like a. los b. la c. el d. las) and since I had never seen that before I assumed we were supposed to type the letters in the box instead of the actual words... so I did that for every question and apparently we were supposed to type the words... I messaged my teacher but I feel like this doesn’t bode well. I would be stuck with a 32 out of 40 (assuming my paragraph I had to write gets all 5 points).

If it's matching, it should count as long as what you typed was correct.

Some teachers are specific tho.