Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You guys don't go to beaches, do you?

I mean, I don't blame you, the beach sucks. 

The sight and sound of the roaring waves upon the sandy shores, perhaps with the sun rising in the distance, that’s good. Maybe the smell of the ocean, maybe some people watching with binoculars too, they might be nice things.
But...

• Blazing sun in the summer weather.
  • Blasting winds of either temperature.
  • Gritty sand on my feet and in my shoes.
  • Having to cake oneself in smelly, yucky sunscreen during the summer.
  • Getting wet with seawater that dries into a crust upon my clothes and body.
  • The busyness of peak tourist season.
  • Me being too easily discomforted to enjoy reading physical books, and too caring of their paper tomes to risk exposing them to sand.
  • Me also being too caring to risk electronic devices to risk exposing them to the shoreline elements, and being unable to read said devices anyhow due to so much solar glare.
  • Having to lug around beach chairs and towels and umbrellas, because sitting on the sands midday without shade is utterly uncomfortable.

And altogether, it says “maybe a monthly visit in the morning or evening, sticking just inland of the sands where I can see everything without beings on it” is enough for me. The idea of the beach > the reality of the beach. And it is perhaps for that very reason of liking an idea over a physical existence that you find me posting on a video game forum.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Radiant Dawn Part 1 Endgame be like "let's give the player two unstoppable Gods".

I killed one of them.

I'd say, I've only been to a beach like... once, or so. Back when I was a kid. A beach beach, as otherwise I've been plenty times to the coastline. Back when I'd go whale watching during these winter months, when the gray whales pass by.

I mean, I live in a desert. I already have the heat, already have the sand to an extent (though it's more dirt as it were)... just about missing is the ocean itself. Which... no thanks.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I'm pale as a sheet. I don't tan. I burn.

All you'd need is a green wig and then Leo would fall for you instantly then. Marrying into the royal family: Successful

Edited by Gordin

44 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, to me it's just rude. If you're winning, I don't need it rubbed in my face, so to speak.

Okay, nice then. Thanks.

Yeah, I agree.

Everyone plays differently! Dont worry about it!

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

I killed one of them.

I benched one of them. He had too little move, and I was more interested in dragging Meg around and feeding her kills for the sake of memes.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I benched one of them. He had too little move, and I was more interested in dragging Meg around and feeding her kills for the sake of memes.

I mean, you could do that, but if you're not a masochist, you can just let him sit at the start of the map to guard against the reinforcements.

16 minutes ago, Spara said:

I mean, you could do that, but if you're not a masochist, you can just let him sit at the start of the map to guard against the reinforcements.

Spara, please. You've read at least one of my LPs. That should not be a question you need to ask me.

Besides what are you talking about you're playing Berwick Saga with 8 units

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Besides what are you talking about you're playing Berwick Saga with 8 units

True, true. 9 now, because Aegina showed up.

And I'm also doing an LTC draft, where I got Ruby, Clifford, Esteban, Sylvis, Arthur, Enid, Kramer, Izerna, Burroughs, and Marcel. One of the other players and I stupidly let our third player have Dean, Sherlock, Volo, and Sherpa. That means now I'm doing two simultaneous playthroughs without any axe users. 

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

True, true. 9 now, because Aegina showed up.

And I'm also doing an LTC draft, where I got Ruby, Clifford, Esteban, Sylvis, Arthur, Enid, Kramer, Izerna, Burroughs, and Marcel. One of the other players and I stupidly let our third player have Dean, Sherlock, Volo, and Sherpa. That means now I'm doing two simultaneous playthroughs without any axe users. 

Hey, at least you got Clifford, Enid and Burroughs. That's not terrible.

Finished Tempest of Heaven and Earth's main story today. Definitely worth grabbing while it's still on sale. :Lilina:

Now time to play something else...or I could do the boss rush and grind out the in-game achievements. 🤔

Good boss theme, but her third pattern is an absolute nightmare.

Why did Tales of Graces and tales of Berseria remove the TP cost from artes? I personally liked this aspect of the game, as it makes it so it's not always spam strongest artes because they can be strapped with a high cost. 

I mean, if Yuri could just Azure Edge + Azure Storm and win for free, what would be the point? It wouldnt be any fun, in my opinion.

Oh fuck, that's right. Today's the Doctor Who New Year's Special.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was originally gonna train Meg because if I can train Sophia, I can train anyone but she got two-shotted or something and I decided it wasn't worth training a Knight with such weak defenses.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Why did Tales of Graces and tales of Berseria remove the TP cost from artes? I personally liked this aspect of the game, as it makes it so it's not always spam strongest artes because they can be strapped with a high cost. 

You couldn't span the strongest Artes in Berseria anyway.