• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Benice said:

That's because we all know how bad our language is.

Seriously,  we messed up the word "Pineapple." Why?

Anyways.

Happy very late birthdays to @1% Critical Hit, @bløød, @GlitchWarrior, @Maaka, and happy early birthday to @joevar

wow, this what you call ambush spawn. totally surprising me. is there even a birthday reminder feature in SF forum 🤔

thank you so much

On the subject of writing, I graduated college with a major in creative writing (which was my third major). Hopefully I'll eventually get some kind of writing job, but in the meantime I have two ideas for books (a sardonic sci-fi comedy and a fantasy trilogy); standalone books are apparently easier to get published so I'll probably focus on the former for now.

I finished the book I was reading! I don’t think I’ll read the fanfiction though, Acacia Sgt, just due to the complete lack of knowledge I have on (some of) the source material. It makes it hard to get invested.

Edited by Sooks

The battle system so far: too much like Berseria imo, which isnt for me personally. The gimmick of having the Seraphim able to swap in and out is fun, though. Makes for great two player action! Now if only that darn camera wouldnt zoom in one walls when we are fighting 80% of the time... would be great otherwise!

Also, anyone who has played both this one and Berseria: are Dezel and Eizen supposed to be the exact same person, just recreated?

Edited by lightcosmo

If 60 views and absolutely no feedback is common place, I doubt I would have had anything to say. Especially with me not knowing Sanaki or Sigrun.

Over 90 now, but still.

I might also just be lacking name recognition or something. Over 11 years here and it's not like I've really made something to stand out.

Recruited Jill to the Greil Mercs in Part 3. Mainly because it just makes sense for her character.

Honestly, I'd do the same for Zihark but I don't wanna use Edward lol.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, anyone who has played both this one and Berseria: are Dezel and Eizen supposed to be the exact same person, just recreated?

They are different people.

From what I can tell, the only truly difficult Dawn Brigade chapter is 3-13 because it's a defense map where your units will likely have flimsy defense. Although you do have Partner Units so that should help.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

it's a defense map where your units will likely have flimsy defense.

ARAN

Anyways, if you need to clear quickly, the Sleep Staff is your friend.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although you do have Partner Units so that should help.

They are nominally helpful, although more as meatshields.

Edited by Benice

I have to say
I never once saw that "3-13 Archer" that people meme about.
Once the ballistae ran out of ammo, all the archers were basically cannonfodder for the laguz that come to attack you, and they all died pretty swiftly, too.
And I played Radiant Dawn a lot. It's probably one of the games I've replayed the most.
And in exactly zero playthroughs have I ever had confirmed what the fanbase said about that one archer in that chapter. I don't even know which of the archers there people are referring to.

With that said,
good morning, everyone!

Edited by DragonFlames

14 hours ago, Benice said:

A bit of an odd request...But I have a school assignment where we're supposed to get many people to fill out this survey thing about our personalities. However, I have a social circle of about five people, and two of them are my cats and the other ones are my direct family. If you guys are okay with it, could you fill out this  survey-thing? (The website does look a little sus, but according to my teacher, it's just old.)

http://kevan.org/jh/benice

Hope my entry isn't too late for your assignment.

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EDIT: Oh shit the assailant is of a Hoshidan class. I wonder if this'll have any relevance.

That only matters in Revelations, because Fates forgets about the assassination in all the other routes...

Vbcnuvff o

I expect this game's rock solid writing to provide a reasonable explanation for why Kabbãge would go back to this guy.

None other than the Nohrian sibling refusing to visit you over the holidays if don't...

Gdjkkpuj o

I think Sakura cut Mikoto's corpse to pieces while nobody was looking.

...Those glitches really take this game to the next level of nonsense.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, and here's that jerkass Jakob too. Not gonna lie, I'd completely forgotten he existed.

You could have gone with a male Corncob, and been using "we've got trouble!" instead.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
P8bbutwn o

Y'know, maybe a class change seal wasn't the best choice for a first purchase. Kabbãge is unarmed and I don't know how to buy her a bow.

...Heh, this is going to be an interesting run isn't it.

Spoiler

I think the funniest part about this choice is that getting Shuriken Breaker from bowknight wont even be useful for chapter 25 because its on Corrin...

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In more lighthearted news, Arthur has arrived to carry the run. He proceeded to miss everything and have Effie kill his enemies for him, upon which he screamed, "THANK YOU, SIDEKICK!" I love this guy already.

Don't forget about Effie, she is an utter beast of a unit (plus getting Arthur to Berserker could be fun as well...)

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hope my entry isn't too late for your assignment.

Oh shoot, me too! I was in the middle of playing Bugquest when @Benice posted the survey, and then I forgot to do it. Okay, done!

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...Those glitches really take this game to the next level of nonsense.

Right? I'm so lucky to be able to experience the game in this manner. I'm just waiting for the inevitable moment when this game does one of its awkward zoom-ins on a character model and it's all glitched up. So far the closest thing was that Jakob made a dumb face and his head wasn't the same color as his neck.

K75mwomc o

He looks like a fucking mii. This game is something else.

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...Heh, this is going to be an interesting run isn't it.

I undid that, actually. @Shrimperor threatened to kill me if I didn't wait until level 10 to reclass Kabbãge.

...She's level 10 now, so next time I play I'll probably make her into the awful earlygame archer that she was always meant to be.

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You could have gone with a male Corncob, and been using "we've got trouble!" instead.

Oh, so if I had a male Kabbãge, that one brown-haired maid that has vanished from the face of the earth would've joined instead? That's... cool, I guess?

14 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Don't forget about Effie, she is an utter beast of a unit (plus getting Arthur to Berserker could be fun as well...)

Well, she does have the least bad design out of everyone I have right now. Besides, I like female armor knights. So yeah, she'll be getting use. Arthur is ridiculous, so he's in too, and Ninja Luigi as soon as he rejoins, for no better reason than I like calling him Ninja Luigi. Oh, and I like green. That's two reasons to use him!

Everyone else is kind of whatever. I'll keep them and replace them as I get characters that I like better.

One of the best songs from the entire Dynasty Warriors series.
*headbanging intensifies*

Also pictured: Draggy's personal favorite DW character.

And while we're on the subject, I have noticed something odd while playing Dynasty Warriors, or Warriors games with DW characters in them. In the Japanese dub, nearly every character just loves to say their own name whenever they enter a battle, challenge you to fight (when they're on the opposing side), conquer a base, or defeat an enemy officer.

The English translation tones this "say my name" business down a lot. The only character who says his name whenever he defeats an enemy officer is Pang De, who says "the enemy cringes in fear before Pang De" instead of "the enemy cringes in fear before me." The Japanese version?
90% of the characters just love to remind you what they're called.
Funnily enough, with Samurai Warriors characters, it's not as prevalent. Only, like, three characters apparently think their names are so forgettable that they feel the need to remind you every other line (that being Yukimura Sanada, Tadakatsu Honda, and Ina).

Where was I going with this?
Oh yeah!
This is something of an oddity, because I haven't played any other game that has this many characters announce their names on a nearly constant basis, and I was just wondering about the reasons for it. Maybe it's a cultural thing? I have no clue.

Edited by DragonFlames