Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

If anyone is looking for manga or light novel recommendations. I can name quite a few. If there are Manga I’ll recommend above all others they’re both Naruto and One Piece. Don’t watch the anime for those two. They’re not okay. Okay that’s a little cause the Naruto anime can do some really impressive shit in terms of animation quality.

Spoiler

But generally the manga is better. The sane goes for One Piece.

Other anime/Manga I’d recommend are:

-Kill la Kill although if excessive fan service is a turn off for you then I’d recommend skipping this one. It’s a really good show with great characters, story, animation, and that classic trigger charm but in having that charm it is also excessively horny. I love ya trigger I really do but you make it so hard to recommend your shows to people.

-BNA for a less fanservicey trigger show. It’s not as good as Kill la Kill but it’s a fun time regardless.

-Sword art online, okay now here me out. The first season is straight garbage but it gets better you have to trust me. If you can just slog through the first season then everything from GGO onwards is well worth it imo. Or you could just read the progressive novels. I wouldn’t blame you.

-Madoka Magica is probably one of my favorite anime of all time. It’s just your average cutsey magical girl anime nothing more to it. It’s a fun light hearted ride that I love a lot.

-Fate/Zero is just a beautifully written greek tragedy. Another one of my favorites that I love to no end. Kiritsugu is just a great character.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Back then when i was still into Trails, 

Fate, Steins;Gate and Trails were pretty much what i was addicted to xD

Trails fell out of favour after that mistake of an arc that's called Cold Steel

Fate went full Gacha

Steins;Gate i still love, but for the life of me i couldn't get into other stuff in the same universe like Chaos;Head (and i am talking about the VNs here). Maybe i should try Robotics;Notes one day

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Madoka Magica is probably one of my favorite anime of all time. It’s just your average cutsey magical girl anime nothing more to it. It’s a fun light hearted ride that I love a lot.

Hah! I'm a pretty huge anime noob, but not quite enough to believe this.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean look how cute the opening is

...Movie 4 fucking when?

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Shhhhhhh let’s not spoil the surprise for people who don’t know. Let’s try not to lose our heads here. And no, I am not above making those jokes.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean look how cute the opening is

...Movie 4 fucking when?

The opening is actually pretty fitting visually when you really break it down

6 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

-Sword art online, okay now here me out. The first season is straight garbage but it gets better you have to trust me. If you can just slog through the first season then everything from GGO onwards is well worth it imo. Or you could just read the progressive novels. I wouldn’t blame you.

I've heard about progressive, I'm not fully knowledgeable on it to make a statement.

GGO, now that I will say no on. I did not like it at the time, it did not convince me to look at the (I've heard was better) arc right after and it has that one recurring issue of Kirito, Mr accidental harem.

And I didn't think the first arc was terrible.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah, i see you are a part of the #HomuHomuDidNothingWrong Cult

Pffff hehe, yeah I guess they could continue it from how it ended. I'm just more of a fan of seeing new blood.

Also sometimes when things get continued they just become a shallow version of their old selves.

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

K-On season 1 - 8/10

Good, although after a while the niche of "cute girls doing cute things" gets a bit tired. Not much going on. Music is fantastic.

Season 2 is more of the same but it also drove home the point of how much God friends the five girls are and I really like it when the main cast are besties.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, and for cartoons, there's not even a list. It's one. One. See if you can guess it.

Avatar? Idk, feels like you might've seen it.

But yeah, I'm the same, my cartoon list is tiny. I mean, I've seen a lot growing up, but for ones I've actually completed or caught up with, there's:

The Clone Wars

Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated

Young Justice

Spectacular Spider-Man

....and that's it.

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Sword art online, okay now here me out. The first season is straight garbage but it gets better you have to trust me. If you can just slog through the first season then everything from GGO onwards is well worth it imo. Or you could just read the progressive novels. I wouldn’t blame you.

Disagree. The only kinda decent part in all of SAO is Mother's Rosario and that's only because Kirito has barely anything to do with it. Everything else ranges from meh to awful.

I used to treat the show like Michael Bay Transformers, where I'd watch it ironically, but just like Bayformers: The Last Knight, watching SAO ironically wasn't fun anymore.

Ah yes, animoo. I watched two at people’s recommendations, one of them was a generic romance thing but the girl secretly shipped all the guys with each other that was really generic otherwise (and by that I mean it didn’t really go beyond what it was, I have no experience) and a more popular, bigger “battle shounen” as Ottservia called it. That was cool I guess. Those are the only ones I completed all the way if we don’t count other seasons released as separate shows but continuing the same story, and even then I didn’t really like-

18 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Oh yeah. There was this one....

0/10.

12 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Shhhhhhh let’s not spoil the surprise for people who don’t know. Let’s try not to lose our heads here. And no, I am not above making those jokes.

I would like to know and have no plans if ever watching it!

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Missed this, but how could you!? Its not that bad...

It is the second worst thing about the game. Looking a characters performance behind a shitty minigame? The only other thing that is worse is...

- put in spoilers for story reasons -

Spoiler

Nias blade form. That was the single greatest "What the fuck" moment in my modest gaming experience. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah, i see you are a part of the #HomuHomuDidNothingWrong Cult

I mean she didn’t do anything wrong though. *sarcasm*

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I've heard about progressive, I'm not fully knowledgeable on it to make a statement.

GGO, now that I will say no on. I did not like it at the time, it did not convince me to look at the (I've heard was better) arc right after and it has that one recurring issue of Kirito, Mr accidental harem.

And I didn't think the first arc was terrible.

GGO was the first arc I feel like it was actually decent. Aincrad was okay if not for the blatent issues regarding its structure and pacing which alfheim fixes but that arc has its own issues which include but are not limited to distasteful use of sexual assault. Mother’s Rosario is one of the best things to come out of that series and you can’t convince me otherwise. Also Alicization is actually really good so yeah.

Also another PSA: go read Naruto and One Piece. They are my favorite manga series of all time and more people need to actually see how good they are. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would like to know and have no plans if ever watching it!

Hey if you want to know the surprise go watch it. I promise you won’t regret it. Just don’t lose your head by episode 3.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Sounds like the #Edelgarddidnothingwrong of anime, haha.

It’s not. It really isn’t. The only thing Homura and Edelgard have in common is that they’re both into girls.

Since we are talking about magical girls...

UDISkmD.jpg

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sounds like the #Edelgarddidnothingwrong of anime, haha.

Lol

accurate enough

Except Edelgard did more wrong than HomuHomu

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

It is the second worst thing about the game. Looking a characters performance behind a shitty minigame?

Tiger Tiger becomes much more manageable if you play on Easy but also, it is not necessary. Only time I actually invested into Poppiswap was in my main file. You do not need to do Poppiswap at all to make Tora good.

4 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

It is the second worst thing about the game. Looking a characters performance behind a shitty minigame?

Spoiler

What the fuck as in you thought it came out of nowhere or that it was dumb?

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ey, that was fantastic. I tend to forget about it, but it's close to Avatar for me.

A shame it got canned before it could finish.