Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Despite what I said about Hades earlier, I have decided I will beat this game because it's gonna bother me if I don't.

I can relate to this. A lot.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

54 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hmmm, Hyperdimension got super hard out of nowhere again. Am I doing something wrong?

game getting harder as expected xD

Unlock more plans and dungeons to get more quests!

2 hours ago, Benice said:

That's what she said

Personally never seen the humor in this joke, but okay.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

game getting harder as expected xD

Unlock more plans and dungeons to get more quests!

I understand that, but assuming I'm the right level, should I be getting party wiped in basically 3 rounds?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean, i can understand demos just not working for specific kinds of games. Like i'll be honest, i'm not sure how a Hades demo could work. But cases like these would be few and far between.

There are demos are the beginning of the actual game, with the data carrying over to the actual game if/when you buy it. If the problem with a Hades demo is "what if it wasn't long to see you reach a point where you died? If you never die once, you can't know if you'd actually like it" then I postulate the solution would have to be to make the demo long enough that it'd be expected most players would have died at least once. If thats feasible that is. Not sure for a game I haven't played.

Yet, it is possible in principle to have very long demos. I didn't play the famously-long DQXI one, but I did read where it precisely ends. I think a fair rough equivalence you'd understand would be... after Gormott and before going to Uraya, or stopping right at the Bionis's Leg entrance to Colony 6. I did play the DQ Builders II demo, in which I had invested about... I'm not sure, but it felt like at least five or six hours? I have no idea when it would have ended, I concluded the game wasn't for me before that point and deleted it immediately afterwards. But I guess the demo would've been finished when I was done Minecrafting With A Defined Mission on the first island, the first island of ~5 total that comprise the entire game. That would be very substantial I would think.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Fucking finally

IMG_20210115_230935.jpg

62% damage reduction is doable for me, I guess I'll go for the true end after all, which requires beating the game nine more times (though you only have to fight Hades eight more times).

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If the problem with a Hades demo is "what if it wasn't long to see you reach a point where you died? If you never die once, you can't know if you'd actually like it" then I postulate the solution would have to be to make the demo long enough that it'd be expected most players would have died at least once. If thats feasible that is. Not sure for a game I haven't played.

It's more of how do you make a demo for a roguelike? Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has a few demos but those games are still more traditionally structured than a normal roguelike.

44 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I understand that, but assuming I'm the right level, should I be getting party wiped in basically 3 rounds?

Check your equipment, and unlock more plans and dungeons!

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Kaden just died to an attack with a (displayed) 35 hit. The one time I needed a dodge...

F

(Also, in Fates, anything below 50 is 1rn, in case you didn't know.)

I don’t know if anyone else has ever thought this, but Birthright has some really really good paralogues. Like Kiragi, Mitama, and Asugi all have phenomenal maps.

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

F

(Also, in Fates, anything below 50 is 1rn, in case you didn't know.)

What don’t I know about Fates? 😉

Reading myself through the last pages is really not pleasant - sickness everywhere. I literally got sick reading and having this. Get well everyone who is ill right now! I spent one night in the hospital with some breathing tool (mask), but thankfully I could leave yesterday morning again since the values became better. Still having this thing on the nose which causes noise is not so comfortable.

Well, let me change topic 

I was also a bit productive yesterday since I was written sick:

Spoiler

H5Ei0WS.jpg?1

finally after like 40 attempts

Actually the true arena - despite being the longest by far - was not that bad. Overall the bosses were not too hard with the exception of triple Dedede and Galactic Knight. The recovery system became less flexible, but in exchange taken damage is less than in former Kirby games, so you could come along without recovery item for a bit. Of course hammer was the key to success. I saw someone doing ice within less the half time I needed - wtf!? Overall I needed as much time as for KRTD's and TD's true arena together. The big amount of cutscenes for changing phases - which do not include the time - make this bossrush even longer. I guess it took me 35 minutes overall. Still a pleasant result for me beating this.

Spoiler

Finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Honestly it was rather a disappointment for me. Whilst the characters are well written, the gameplay was unbalanced for me. I do not like the session system - not only because I have not fully understand yet how these are made - the one more is definitely a more fun system and easier to understand too. The music was mediocre aside of the singing perfomances, especially Yashiro's. It was not a bad game, but not a great Shin Megami Tensei game for me.

Lysithea's Gambit: Prolog

Spoiler

I would appreciate, if all fans of Lysithea would watch it and give me feedback regarding story and characterization.

(yes, I also could need some tips how to make a YT-video properly, but I have no real time to do this too right now, much less this project will be the only project I will ever make videos, and this only privately; also since copyright I must not publish the video in this condition as it is right now by using OST and art)

1 hour ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I would appreciate, if all fans of Lysithea would watch it and give me feedback regarding story and characterization.

Would you like someone to have a read through the vocabulary? I definitely think how the sentences are written could do with refining. It was understandable throughout, but changes could help to make it clearer or to use. Characterisation wasn't bad, but it's been a while since I played 3H, much less used Lysithea, so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

As for trying to improve the recording, I'm not sure what you'd need to do with SRPG studio, but what were you using to record? Asking to see what options you could use with that before looking at alternatives.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Would you like someone to have a read through the vocabulary? I definitely think how the sentences are written could do with refining. It was understandable throughout, but changes could help to make it clearer or to use. Characterisation wasn't bad, but it's been a while since I played 3H, much less used Lysithea, so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Sure, I would appreciate, if any kind of faults could be corrected. Thanks in advance!

As for trying to improve the recording, I'm not sure what you'd need to do with SRPG studio, but what were you using to record? Asking to see what options you could use with that before looking at alternatives.

It's called OBS, someone recommended me. As you could see I'm totally unfamilar with this.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...To be honest, I'm making it out to seem worse than it really was. In retrospect, aside from the three masters of arms, Hinata's shitty archer and Takumi, I didn't have that much trouble. It just felt like a bit of a sudden difficulty spike. Enemy density was a bit higher than I would've felt comfortable with.

I will point out that you can avoid Hinata and his group if you have a flyer (plus messing with the enemies across the gap early also triggers some reinforcements early in a way I think makes them easier to handle). Also, if you had a Sorcerer at level 15, (that is something you need to focus on to get in time...) they would have bow-breaker which makes dealing with Takumi very reliable.

The main complaint I've heard about DSFE is that the story is bad. In second place, that the artstyle and visuals are bad. Gameplay complaints are less common in my experience.

Both the DSFE are really different games to the point that it is hard to clump complaints like this together (other than the artstyle/visuals). I have some solid complaints about both the gameplay, and story of Shadow Dragon, and I have seen complaints that other people have made about New Mystery from both gameplay and story as well. If you want more of a breakdown see spoiler tag

Spoiler

For Shadow Dragon's story my big complaints are as follows:

1. First Marth's face isn't expressive. He will these elegant speeches with this robotic emotionless look of his, and its hard not to think they dropped the ball when compared to the expressive faces of Blazing Blade (or even the blandula twins of Sacred Stones... heck New Mystery managed to even add an actual smile to Marth's repertoire of faces). This same sort of issue continues with the games us of CGs, which come across as wasted potential

2. Far too many scenes are of Marth's emotionless face being talked to without saying a single word...

3. No supports is the big elephant in the room for Shadow Dragon.

4...ish I feel like this could fit in either story, or gameplay, but Marth being unable to fight Medeus without being slaughtered on the higher difficulties, clashes heavily with the games whole legendary sword narrative...

For Shadow Dragon Gameplay:

1. You have to tediously break enemy weapons on some of the early game bosses on the highest difficulties.

2. Wolf and Sedgar are both broken in a way that is game warping

3. Forged effective weapons are broken in a way that is game warping

4. The gaidens punish you by restricting content, unless you suicide a majority of your army

5. The Prologue is removed from all but the easiest mode, and two characters along with it

6. The latter parts of the game were not balanced around the weapon triangle, and sword wielder suffer even more than they normally do because of that.

7...ish I feel like this could fit in either story, or gameplay, but the low restrictions on reclassing made the characters even less...characterized (and they desperately needed some after supports were cut...)

As for New Mystery complaints for the story (I will note I am reiterating the complaints of others here

1. Kris

2. The support conversation end abruptly, and too few of them are between characters other than Kris...

New Mystery gameplay

1. The gaidens are gimmicky and obnoxious

2. The maps are focused too heavily on small scale challenges separated by save points.

3. The margins for error on the highest difficulties make it extremely luck, and save scum reliant.

I know those are less extensive, and numerous than the Shadow Dragon complaints, but they aren't my complaints...as I kinda love this game.

On the other hand, I'll get bragging rights if I beat this game with Corrin as the worst unit in the team. Including the generic.

...chapter 25 is going to VERY interesting with your terrible Corrin...

47 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Reading myself through the last pages is really not pleasant - sickness everywhere. I literally got sick reading and having this. Get well everyone who is ill right now! I spent one night in the hospital with some breathing tool (mask), but thankfully I could leave yesterday morning again since the values became better. Still having this thing on the nose which causes noise is not so comfortable.

My heart goes out to all of you on here having health issues in this thread, and hope you all have a swift recovery. I wish there was more I could do to help...I may have been fortunate enough to have been fine so far, but my mother is going into surgery next week, which is a frightening prospect in these trying times.

1 hour ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Honestly it was rather a disappointment for me. Whilst the characters are well written, the gameplay was unbalanced for me. I do not like the session system - not only because I have not fully understand yet how these are made - the one more is definitely a more fun system and easier to understand too. The music was mediocre aside of the singing perfomances, especially Yashiro's. It was not a bad game, but not a great Shin Megami Tensei game for me.

Yeah TMS:#FE takes a very different approach from most of the Shin Megami Tensei games (and Fire Emblem games for that matter...), both tonally and in the gameplay. It sucks that the Session System didn't grok with you, as it really is a central mechanic to the combat, that I ended up enjoying.

3 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

It's called OBS, someone recommended me. As you could see I'm totally unfamilar with this.

I'm not familiar with OBS, given I've recorded my screen less than I've fingers on my hand in a decade, so can't help you there, apologies.

4 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Sure, I would appreciate, if any kind of faults could be corrected. Thanks in advance!

Alright then, how are we going about that?

20 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I know those are less extensive, and numerous than the Shadow Dragon complaints,

You forgot ambush spawns. Which is a legit complaint, even if I do feel they handled them as well as they possibly could've.

but they aren't my complaints...as I kinda love this game.

Hah! I can relate.

...chapter 25 is going to VERY interesting with your terrible Corrin...

Please don't say things like that.

Okay, so Sakura and Possessed are out of the way. Two royals down, two to go. Today, it's Hinoka's time to not die, like every other character in this game.

Except Kaden. Fuck Kaden.

I still have no idea why Iago, Hans and Garon agreed to keep Sakura as a hostage. They're not using her for anything, and now Iago's outright saying that he wants the Hoshidan royalty dead. It really was just an excuse to not kill off the cute little sister, wasn't it...?

...But then why include Yukimura in the deal?! I mean, I like the guy, but he's not a waifu! It makes no sense for IntSys to spare him, I thought they despised old men with a passion!

On a different note, why do people call Iago a Gharnef, again? At first I thought he'd be the "knows more than he lets on" kinda villain, but so far he just seems like a regular idiot who follows Garon just because he's an evil bastard. He doesn't even seem to really know anything about Garon's true nature. There's nothing Gharnef'ish about him. He's just kinda there to be a dick.

39 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

My heart goes out to all of you on here having health issues in this thread, and hope you all have a swift recovery. I wish there was more I could do to help...I may have been fortunate enough to have been fine so far, but my mother is going into surgery next week, which is a frightening prospect in these trying times.

I hope your mother will be fine. 

My current health is caused by my parents (-> passive smoking)

Yeah TMS:#FE takes a very different approach from most of the Shin Megami Tensei games (and Fire Emblem games for that matter...), both tonally and in the gameplay. It sucks that the Session System didn't grok with you, as it really is a central mechanic to the combat, that I ended up enjoying.

I mean I like the idea of sessions, but it felt too broken for me when the enemy could benefit from it. If you fight against group who attacks an ally with an effective attack, it's pretty much 1RKO'ed before it can act. Good thing is that the game offers mirror weapons which I used a lot instead of like rakukaja since even buffed defense didn't work out for me. So it became the hardest SMT (spinoffs included) game I have played yet, even harder than SMTIV.

Though I have to admit the game gives (good) characterization to the performas they didn't have in their original game. Tharja became a likable character for me and I got to know that Cain is rather reluctant being a womanizer.

Unrelated if TMS gets a sequel, it should be rather like Devil Survivor being a roundbased tactical RPG. Would suit more to me.

Oh God, what was that cringey-ass cutscene with Hinoka? Was that really necessary? I mean, I loved it. Between Hinoka randomly jumping off the bird to play helicopter with her spear and the horrendous bit of voice acting, it gave me a good laugh. But why?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, what was that cringey-ass cutscene with Hinoka? Was that really necessary? I mean, I loved it. Between Hinoka randomly jumping off the bird to play helicopter with her spear and the horrendous bit of voice acting, it gave me a good laugh. But why?

By your fury they shall know the Emperor’s name!