• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

tenor.gif?itemid=19411800

WOO!

*ahem*

That was quite a battle, haha.

Small brain moment. I didn't realize his color also represented which elemental attack he was weak to.

One reset later, it's over.

Time to enjoy the ending.

grats!

51 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This goes both ways, starting a driver combo extends the time in which blade combos can be chained, when one is already started.

Yes, I mentioned that.

@Shrimperor just a word of advice, I know you're on Ch.3 rn but assuming you haven't left Gormott yet, I just wanted to let you know there will be a mild difficulty spike at the start of the next area. Shouldn't take long to get adjusted though, especially with BEXP.

You wanna start doing as many Fusion Combos as you can at this point btw.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

just a word of advice, I know you're on Ch.3 rn but assuming you haven't left Gormott yet, I just wanted to let you know there will be a mild difficulty spike at the start of the next area.

You mean the birds?

I stopped after the quest with a runaway couple 

Man, Quests are so much better in this game

Just now, Shrimperor said:

You mean the birds?

Let me guess, Sniping Brent got you?

But nah, I'm referring to something a bit later on. If you wanna be safe, Lv.17-18 is a good spot to be in when you leave Gormott. Though level penalties don't exist thankfully.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, Quests are so much better in this game

Interesting. They definitely are better to do, there's nowhere near as many, but apart from the Blade Quests and the few sidequest chains (and the runaway couple, that's like the one standalone sidequest that stuck with me), I did find the sidequests in the game to be....just kinda there.

But if you're primarily referring to the ease of doing the quests, then yeah, I agree.

If you're liking the sidequests in Xenoblade 2, you'll definitely like them in Torna and, should you get the chance, Xenoblade X (especially X).

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lv.17-18 is a good spot to be in when you leave Gormott.

I should be fine, as i am 16-17 atm and still doing stuff in Gormott

Sniping Brent

Yeah xD

I was actually doing fine against Bird Boss until a freaking lvl22 bird appeared and kicked my ass xD

I did find the sidequests in the game to be....just kinda there.

Still much better than XB1, where they were tedious, useless, and there was so many of them in one chapter more than whole games.

I did find some quests cool, though.

Like that eloping one i stopped at xD

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

❤️

A beautiful ending to a wonderful story.

If I were a crier, it'd probably have me in tears.

*slow clap*

Ayy you finished my fav. game in existence!

Hope you enjoyed it!

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ayy you finished my fav. game in existence!

Hope you enjoyed it!

I really did. It's one of the best games I've played, honestly.

I loved FC, but SC...

Man, SC was on another level. 10/10 for me.

Thanks to you and everyone else who recommended the Trails series.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I really did. It's one of the best games I've played, honestly.

I loved FC, but SC...

Man, SC was on another level. 10/10 for me.

Thanks to you and everyone else who recommended the Trails series.

👌

Glad you seem to have enjoyed it as much as i did 😄

Sky 3rd is also 👌, and has the best gameplay and boss fights in the series!

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

was actually doing fine against Bird Boss until a freaking lvl22 bird appeared and kicked my ass xD

Yeah, he calls for reinforcements.

On my current run, I got Percival (a Dark Katana Blade) very early so I was able to do Dark -> Dark -> Dark to inflict Seal Reinforcements and prevent Sniping Brent from calling for help. The Seal effects you get from Blade Combos are all very situational but Seal Reinforcements is easily the best one.

Speaking of Trails, I've had a nice time with Sky 1 so far. It has yet to knock off my socks, but I didn't expect it to, and I've enjoyed the time I've invested. I dunno if I'll keep going with the rest of the franchise yet, but I'm probably still at the beginning of the game.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On my current run, I got Percival (a Dark Katana Blade) very early so I was able to do Dark -> Dark -> Dark to inflict Seal Reinforcements and prevent Sniping Brent from calling for help. The Seal effects you get from Blade Combos are all very situational but Seal Reinforcements is easily the best one.

hmm

maybe i should pop a legendary core for Rex or something...

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, he calls for reinforcements.

why are they higher lvld though xD

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Speaking of Trails, I've had a nice time with Sky 1 so far. It has yet to knock off my socks, but I didn't expect it to, and I've enjoyed the time I've invested. I dunno if I'll keep going with the rest of the franchise yet, but I'm probably still at the beginning of the game.

Note: Trails games are really slow, as they take their time to build off the world and characters and then goes full hype

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Note: Trails games are really slow, as they take their time to build off the world and characters and then goes full hype

Ight. I don't intend to stop playing it any time soon, as I am enjoying myself a fair amount, though. The music is nice as well.

Now if only I hadn't spoiled Joshua's twiszt...

Also, I'm ultra suck at this game, so it's gonna take me a long time to beat it. Hehehehhehhuhhhfefiufyergfbhui it's the easiest entry in the series oh lord

Edited by Benice

Hey @Shrimperor, what does the "elemental value: [Sepith] x [number]" mean? I thought it meant that casting that art used sepith of that color, but I have none of the Time sepith, but Joshua can still use his arts.

Also, somewhat related, what does the Sepith Up battle powerup do?

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

maybe i should pop a legendary core for Rex or something...

If you want.

Though that generic Wind Knuckles he gets at the start isn't bad at all.

Don't be afraid to use Commons if there's a certain Art you'd like. For example, if Rex gets a Common Greataxe, it could be worth keeping because Greataxes are the only weapon type where Rex gets access to Launch.

That moment when you're too cheap to go stay at a hotel for 20 dollars so instead you go down into the sewers and find an altar to rest at.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, I'm ultra suck at this game, so it's gonna take me a long time to beat it. Hehehehhehhuhhhfefiufyergfbhui it's the easiest entry in the series oh lord

I don't think that's true though. Cold Steel in general is much easier than Sky from what I understand.

Anyway, random spoiler thoughts on Sky SC below, if I haven't gushed about the game enough...

Spoiler

I loved the chapter where you played as young Estelle. That really hit me in the feels.

I wasn't at all expecting Loewe's change of heart. A surprising, but satisfying conclusion to that side plot between him and Joshua. Fantastic.

Chapter 6's ending was just 👌 The romance between Joshua and Estelle always seemed very natural to me, but that was where it really seemed to fall into place, so to speak. Loved it.

Kevin ended up being a more interesting character than I initially gave him credit for, although I always liked him regardless. That last scene with Weissmann in particular was great though. I can see why Falcom wanted to give him his own story.

Joshua's backstory was also fantastic. He really felt like a co-protagonist in the latter half of the game. I liked his sharing the spotlight with Estelle once he came back.

So yeah. Great all around. Just had to talk about it, haha.

Edited by twilitfalchion

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

what does the "elemental value: [Sepith] x [number]" mean?

It's the elemental value that gives you arts. Check the bracer notebook on art information

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

somewhat related, what does the Sepith Up battle powerup do?

gives you more sepith

Cold Steel in general is much easier than Sky from what I understand.

Cold Steel Nightmare is like Sky normal, or even easier

Kevin

MC of Sky3rd btw^^

Man, you remind me of when i used to be a young Trails-ling before i became a bitter old ex-fan

it's like looking at a mirror

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though that generic Wind Knuckles he gets at the start isn't bad at all

I already dropped them xD

Only use the blade for field effects...

Also I am starting to get the hang of Nina. Heals for days xD

Edited by Shrimperor

gives you more sepith

Only on enemies you defeat that turn or through the whole battle?

It's the elemental value that gives you arts. Check the bracer notebook on art information

OK!

EDIT: Nine losses and I'm still in the prologue.

Hoo, boy...

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Only on enemies you defeat that turn or through the whole battle?

On attack. a Mutli hit attack drops more sepith.

Aerial + Sepith up is prime sepith farming material.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

OK!

I am searching for a small mini-guide i did a while ago. I will send you it if i find it!

Aerial

Um...

Ah well, I'll find that out on my own.

attack. a Mutli hit attack drops more sepith.

Good to know! Joshua's Dual strike is really good.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I am searching for a small mini-guide i did a while ago. I will send you it if i find it!

Thank you very much!

Sorry to keep pestering you with questions, but this is the last one: Do buffs stack? (I.E, if I use Clock Up twice on Estelle, does she benefit from the buff twice, or does it just last longer?)

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah well, I'll find that out on my own

An art

your bread and butter in FC xD

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Do buffs stack?

nope, not in Sky. They overwrite each other