Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

An art

your bread and butter in FC xD

That means I cannot use it! Only the worst arts!

nope, not in Sky. They overwrite each other

OK.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

OK.

Some things to note: Attacks have different delay values. Generally the stronger the attack the higher the delay (= you get a turn later). S-craft will let the bosses double or even triple turn you sometimes, so be careful.

After FC you get crafts that even have lower delay than normal attacks, and you get alot of different crafts and stuff, but FC isn't that advanced xD

Speed is the most important stat!

still searching for my arts guide post xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Speed is the most important stat!

Then this is FE! That means that Cassius the Badassius will die soon...

@Benice Here's a small explanation i wrote like a year ago, with some pics (from sky 3rd, but shouldn't have any spoilers)

Here we see Schera, she has a 6-1 Line, she can get access to alot, but she's a few sepith counts away from accessing even stronger stuff. Sepith Count/Elemental value can be seen at the top right

Spoiler

QtStRg4.jpg

On the other hand, Agate. He has 3 short lines, and can barely get support arts with his his sepith count being split apart like this

Spoiler

ED7tWX7.jpg

Then we have Olivier with a straight 7. He can pretty much access almost everything, even if the Mirage lock holds him back a bit. I also put a picture there of the Elemental Value EP 5 gives

Spoiler

bsbKz9n.jpg
2O89Qep.jpg

See how Silver Thorn needs 20 Mirage, 12 Space and 4 Time for example? It isn't that easy to get due to that, even with super long art lines, so if you want it, you have to set it up in a certain way.

Some Arts even require something like 25 Element 1, 12 Element 2 and 10 Element 3 haha. It can get crazy, but i always found the Quartztetris fun

TL;DR:

• Quartz give you elemental values. Elemental values in a line give you arts
  • Longer Lines = More Arts. Hence caster tends to have one super long line, or one long line + one short, while physical attackers tends to mutlipe shorter lines.
  •  Bracer Notebook has a list of Arts and what elemental values you need for them.
  • Cast Quartz reduce cast time by alot, so use them!

Hopefully that helps a bit! And don't be afraid to ask, as i basically know everything about these games, even after i left them behind xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, Quests are so much better in this game

Wow, not many have that opinion. As stated before, they are good in Torna, and rewarding. But in 2? Not really worth it for the most part.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, not many have that opinion. As stated before, they are good in Torna, and rewarding. But in 2? Not really worth it for the most part.

Well, i am comparing them to XB1, whose quests i really really really hated xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Well, i am comparing them to XB1, whose quests i really really really hated xD

I loved them in Torna, where they actually gave characters development during them, but normal 2's are still very similar in structure to Xenoblade Chronicles. 

Not to mention the much better rewards again...? Xd

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

already dropped them xD

It do be like dat.

But yeah, don't necessarily count out Common Blades just because they are generic. Some can have really good skills on them. Most famous of which being a Common-exclusive skill being the one that lets you apply Elemental Orbs by doing a Blade Special rather than completing a Blade Combo.

Of course, this only matters for specific builds and such but I'm just saying there's plenty of room for experimenting even after beating the game.

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also I am starting to get the hang of Nia. Heals for days xD

tenor_2.gif

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

tenor_2.gif

It do be like that

Yesterday i got her Nim as i said, which has a lvl1 heal special. Combine that with Old Tiger heal arts and specials...

And that's the only reason i survived the swarm of like 20 monkeys today, timing my attacks, positioning and heals to not die xD

So I just got a notification of this lady saying that she had trouble getting to my mail box but just barely got the mail in there and good luck getting it out... dPnnAAV.jpg

Am I missing something?

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yesterday i got her Nim as i said, which has a lvl1 heal special.

Nim also has a Lv.3 heal Special FYI.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And that's the only reason i survived the swarm of like 20 monkeys today, timing my attacks, positioning and heals to not die xD

I know what you're talking about, it's pretty easy to get swarmed there.

Sky 3rd is the best example that great RPGs don't have to be long. Character cast, plot and soundtrack were amazing, my favorite Sky game by far. The only issue I had with this game was the stupid fishing game which stopped me from getting all the story relevant doors. It is the only Sky game I have played multiple times. Still have to continue my nightmare run which I stopped halfway through.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I have quite negative thoughts on predestination personally, but this honestly just kinda undermines the point of it does it not? Nor does it mean that the repenter necessarily has to ensure their future actions are good as well. And on looking briefly it seems like that's not what Calvin said and the term double predestination refers to God choosing those who will be redeemed and those who will not. I am trying to be accurate on this, but just looking briefly at it it looks like he's arguing that predestination is not something that's really altered during life with statements like "...spirit of repentance and faith is not given to all" and that salvation is determined solely by god.

The book didn't really explain the concept that clearly, forgive me for the error.

The wording on the sentences explaining double predestination was tricky, I didn't quite understand it on a first read. Rereading it again, it sounds like the criticism of God being weak, was that the Elect were saved because it sounded as though God hadn't the power to save other people. Calvin's double predestination properly established God's true might by stating God saves the Elect, and damns the Reprobate.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

An aside, in discussions with my brother, he has argued that there was a particular mentality of those who were quite willing to exploit those around them, how this emerged in Switzerland (Calvinism did have a central presence in Geneva) and England (which is not a place where Calvinists held much presence long tern) and that predestination was something used as self-justification. I have my disagreements with this, not merely about the tying it to Protestantism specifically (trust me that this isn't him excusing Catholicism), but that in and of itself seems off. Of course when I mention Calvinism I refer to the movement which had John Calvin as its leading figure and the fact I had to tell him the term predestination in the conversation should be a sign.

Using predestination and the Elect to be arrogant sounds possible. Although predestination is infamous for being a source of anxiety as well, because "what if for all my acting as though I'm Elect throughout my life, I'm doomed to burn for eternity?".😬

The Thirty Years' War book I'm reading does mention militant fanatics in the big three denominations of Christianity in Germany at the time, though it speaks as much of moderates who tried to hammer out compromises. Calvinism's major flaw in this context being that they were a religious minority within the political minority, embraced only by the Elector Palatinate, since the majority of the political minority were Lutherans. Being founded by a Frenchman did help Calvinism in Bohemia and the non-German parts of the Hapsburg Monarchy, because Lutheranism was suspected by some as being a German conspiracy.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm calling out this in particular as I'd like to ask what about Barbarossa's first Reich, just as an example.

I have no idea what the author of that quote thought of Fred the Red. And I seriously need to find a good comprehensive yet digestible general history of Medieval Europe (I'll settle for just the Frankish realm if all of Europe is too much to ask for), specifically the High Middle Ages, I'm not so interested ATM in the Dark/migratory period.

What little I've learned from books on Frederick Barbarossa so far comes mostly from a general history of the Papacy I was reading. if the Pope wasn't on Frederick II's side, he would force him to take his side. And the Pope refused, then he would hunt him down no matter where he would flee to and install an Antipope to become the actual Pope when the Pope who refused to obey was finally dealt with.

Why would Frederick do this? The papal history didn't explain it. I'll assume he thought God to be on his side. And if God was on his side, then God would allow him to install a Pope approving of him God's blessed emperor. But then if Frederick knew God was on his side, why did he need the Pope to give approval? ...Because as a good Catholic, Frederick saw the Vicar of Christ as God's representative on Earth whose blessings were necessary for him? But if he was a good Catholic, wouldn't he have obeyed the Pope's injunctions against threatening his life? ...Frederick, go jump in a river, you're confusing me. Maybe if he lived in another era he'd have gone Protestant or atheist, but those things were centuries away.

The positive to come from that papal history was a complete shattering of any notion of all of Europe's great and powerful men being on their knees powerless before the Papacy. Of course, the individual man makes a difference, but the commonplace image of the Church being all-powerful in the Middle Ages is a fiction. Respect for the Papacy yes, nobody wants to be excommunicated, and the Church amassed great land holdings, but the Pope was in no way invincible and capable of playing almighty kingmaker. And it's better this way, because the premise the Church controls all is a tad bland.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Elemental values in a line give you arts

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

Longer Lines = More Arts. Hence caster tends to have one super long line, or one long line + one short, while physical attackers tends to mutlipe shorter lines

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

I didn't even notice the lines... Heh. 265 IQ plays.

Cast Quartz reduce cast time by alot, so use them!

Once I find enough Sepith for them, at least.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

even after i left them behind xD

Speaking of, is there anything that would make you play them again? (Or, do you think the series can be saved, I guess.)

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That reminds me, I still need to find a way to liberate the Pope from Byzantine Control. Oh the irony... but the Empire ain't Orthodox anymore, so eh...

So you'll need to defeat the Byzantine empire in an Unorthodox way?

Maybe...? I've been doing the usual stuff to take away territory from them, but not The Papacy so far.

Honestly, I don't even remember how the Byzantines vassalized the Pope. That's not something that can happen... usually. Maybe they deposed him via Anti-Pope, but I'm pretty sure that didn't happen... maybe...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

My inspiration of writing always comes in my sleep. Also I should count my words I write for my project from now since I think it's more than 1K per day. Btw good to see MarkyJoe being active and trying to gather more people together. He really is right that more artists are necessary for sprites and stuff.

There's also something else I want to do with my project. The soundtrack shall only consist of Kirby themes. I'm actually surprised how many good themes exist which could be easily used as event or map music in Fire Emblem.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Speaking of, is there anything that would make you play them again?

If the stuff i loved in the series came back and the stuff i hated goes away

Example:

Removal of the dating sim/Harem elements

Fun & Challeging gameplay (they already annoumced they are changing the system for next title, so shall see how that will turn out)

No more school setting. Never again.

Rean never seen again.

Actual good characters

And most importantly: a story with consequences.

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

No more school setting. Never again.

You can scratch this one off. For now at least, since they're going back to guild, sort of.

Doesn't rule out school setting several games from now but Falcon seems to like the guild concept a lot.