Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Oh god, I can't even beat my own chapter because the allies loved to miss with +90% à la Thracia 776.

Musse died...

Hahah... Well, don't feel too bad about it. The RNG giveth, the RNG taketh away...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good start for the map. Four entrap users that joink away four members of my team and there's virtually nothing I can do about it. At least the enemies have the decency not to move the first turn, but... You know, for how horrible they are, at least if you look up where they are you can sidestep the Thracia warp tiles. No such luck with this crap.

The usual strat is to pairup everyone in the hallway with units that synergize with each other where if one side has a problem with one of the enemies they are entrapped with, you can switch sides to deal with it. Alternatively you can have the people in the hallway enter the corridors, as they don't target people that are in the side rooms. OK, in case this is necessary I will mention a detail I noticed about the area they wont target, it extends all the way into the thin entryways to the rooms in the southern ones, so that the units that start in the south can enter them if you desperately need that, but you need to be fully in the room in the northern ones where your army starts, so don't retreat from there...

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every passing moment, my attempts to convince myself that this game's lategame doesn't drag it down quite as much as Thracia's feel less and less convincing.

What the hell is this garbage? Am I just too bad, dumb and ugly to comprehend this game's godly design? Can someone please tell me the strategy to kill units with a bazillion defense when the entrap bitches take away my heaviest hitters every single time and there's nothing I can do to prevent it?

Are you talking about the  guys that march down with the corridor that have the spendthrift skill? Usually I avoid them by using the stairways at the back of all the rooms; they open up when you kill all of the units in whichever room it is, and you might need to bait them down a bit to give you the time you need to deal with Garon. I took them down once in a Hard run, the trick is finding a way to tank them until they run out of gold to use that spendthrift skill.

If you mean Garon and his dragon skin skill, usually Corrin's personal sword helps a lot as its isn't as penalized as other weapons, but that isn't an option for you...I think you are just going to have to deal with it the hard way, just powering through him with the best units you have...

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've had enough. I'll try again tomorrow.

Sorry I wasn't around to share advise while you were playing through it, as it sounds like the team you ended up with made the endgame a lot harder on you than it had to be.

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Are you talking about the  guys that march down with the corridor that have the spendthrift skill?

Yeah, those. Guess I'll try going through the side corridors this time, and pray that I can beat the map fast enough that Benny and Ignatius don't get destroyed.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sorry I wasn't around to share advise while you were playing through it, as it sounds like the team you ended up with made the endgame a lot harder on you than it had to be.

That may be, but if so, I'll consider it a flaw all the same. I like my FEs best when I can use whoever I like and get away with it. If this game becomes this much of a horrible experience just because I don't like the Nohrian royals, that's a pretty crippling issue, in my opinion.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahah... Well, don't feel too bad about it. The RNG giveth, the RNG taketh away...

Do you know how to make double RNG in the SRPG Studio?

Not that I absolutely want it, but just out of curiousity.

Anyways chapter is done.

This one was really slow.

At least Musse got the boss kill with exact dealt one damage

Spoiler

but only because I forgot set throne boosts.

Here is the footage:

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For all the complaints I heard of everyone loving the shit outta Corrin for no reason, at least the Hoshidans had the "siblings" excuse to sorta half-heartedly excuse it, and the retainers + Yukimura all despise them. Edelgard just hopelessly falls in love with Byleth even in the routes where they're not her teacher. Seriously, why is she all like "you're the last person I ever wanted to fight" in friggin' Azure Moon? I don't know you, you dickhead! We spoke twice!

Byleth when Edelgard starts hitting on him in AM/VW.

I mean, she does indicate she wanted to work with Byleth in her plans regardless, but still.

14 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Not that I absolutely want it, but just out of curiousity.

Sorry, I never cared to find out.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hahahahahahaha... Yes, basically.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, she does indicate she wanted to work with Byleth in her plans regardless, but still.

Yeah, she does, but... why?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

That may be, but if so, I'll consider it a flaw all the same. I like my FEs best when I can use whoever I like and get away with it. If this game becomes this much of a horrible experience just because I don't like the Nohrian royals, that's a pretty crippling issue, in my opinion.

Not quite what I meant there, as I get through most of my runs without royals (well baring Elise, because I like how her personal skill, and stat spread, plays). It just sounds like you have such a strange team of units, and keep running into walls in the endgame, which most teams have the tools to deal with.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Not quite what I meant there, as I get through most of my runs without royals (well baring Elise, because I like how her personal skill, and stat spread, plays). It just sounds like you have such a strange team of units, and keep running into walls in the endgame, which most teams have the tools to deal with.

Ahh... Well, you know what? I was going to wait until endgame, but I'll share my team right now, and you can draw your own conclusions.

Spoiler
8nmqj4li o

Utterly worthless.

Ih0lkzgx o

Dancer bot.

K8oht3sf o

Wall. He deals no damage, but takes none in return.

Hhz742vk o

Not that amazing against things that aren't flying, but he's mostly a healer anyway.

Ig4ahaig o

Niles 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Hwvphgos o

Pitiful damage against anything that is wearing more than robes.

V8xlep9g o

Worthless in combat. Support bot for Effie.

Prvsgvcc o

She one shots things, but her defenses are the lowest of the tanks.

Obmnwcye o

Can you spell MVP? This guy's my best unit. He kills shit, tanks reasonably well, and whatever he fights becomes a sitting duck. Awesome.

X8zusgcs o

Kills things with lightning and occassionally nosferatanks. She's good.

Rf9lqnm4 o

He's fallen off, I'll admit, but his damage is still pretty good, so there's that.

Nwqzy1ec o

Slightly worse wall than his dad, slightly better at combat than his dad. That's about it.

W2yif1fu o

Better combat archer than her dad and his clone, but her durability is fuck all.

Yniwi8c9 o

Magical nuke that staffs.

V4um2zct o

Filler. 20~ guaranteed damage from entering combat is great utility.

Dcy0llvi o

T H E   M E M E

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, she does, but... why?

There's of course the selfish aspect of them having the SotC, she has some inclination to Byleth's origins and she can probably empathise with that because of what happened to her, which she does kinda bring up if they are with her in CF.

It's not as thoroughly explored, but it's only an issue o the route which never gave the choice to join her (imagine betraying Dimitri for Edelgard. That would be some drama)

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wall. He deals no damage, but takes none in return.

>No damage

>Deals 1 less Atk with a Fates Javelin than your Corrin with the weapon of legend.

......Sure he's not Effie or Haitaka, but still.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Come to think of it...
A lot of games and game series that are beloved around here, I'm... not exactly fond of
Xenoblade 2 wasn't for me, neither in its gameplay, nor entirely in its story (it was good until Chapter 6, then it just lost me completely for some reason)

Hey the story does have its problems i can admit that. (Such as everytime you win a boss fight, you lose in the cutscene, and it happens alot.) 

Some parts feel like they are tacked or simply drag on with hardly any dialogue going on at all.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

S-craft is Sadist Whip?

"Somebody's been naughty!~"

Discredit Cold Steel all you want: This never gets old. xD

A world where the bland protagonist can romance any woman he wants? Where have I seen this before...? XD

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, random music post of the day:

I want to play Dynasty Warriors 7 for the music alone... but my stupid PS3 doesn't work anymore, and the PS4 has no backwards compatibility, which is a huge Richard Relocation on Sony's part.

slaps on some headphones and jams 🤘

It's your favorite game.
It happens!

Indeed. I could *cough* go on about my favorite games quite a bit. >.>

If people cared, that is

I care about it.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

No regrets.

E-edelgard! W-what are you d-doing?

--------

Morning everyone. *waves*

8163_KaguyaWave.png

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh... Well, you know what? I was going to wait until endgame, but I'll share my team right now, and you can draw your own conclusions.

Three things (kinda four) jump out to me, first is the lack of anyone with shelter (the level 10 skill of cavaliers, and acts similarly to the old rescue command, which has a lot of very useful properties...), second is the absences of the defensive support skills that are normally on the troubadour line (demoiselle/gentilholme and inspiration, although at least you have defense rally, and while Izana's peacebringer, and Azura's voice of peace skill might be used to compensate for this lack both of them needing the enemy to be within two spaces of them to function makes them incredibly harder to use...), the terrible Corrin (which I was kinda expecting...but oof), and the kinda is the lack of lunge (the level 10 wyvern rider skill although most people don't appreciate that skill in the players hands despite how lifesaving having that option can be...).  Also all of your slightly tanky units either have a weapon weakness, or can't support (which locks them out of a bit higher defense with pair-up buffs, and one of the only defensive support skills you have in Kabbage's personal skill), which looks like the big part of your problem with the Berserker+General room...funnily enough if you had another generic Hero like Roland you could have used the cheesy way of dealing with the Berserker half of that room with double axe-breaker dodge tanking...

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
confusing typo

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

>No damage

>Deals 1 less Atk with a Fates Javelin than your Corrin with the weapon of legend.

Yes. Exactly. That's the problem. The lategame enemies are so stat-inflated that someone like Benny deals single-digit damage to everything. It takes a Haitaka/Effie/Kumagera to deal any decent damage.

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Three things (kinda four) jump out to me, first is the lack of anyone with shelter (the level 10 skill of cavaliers, and acts similarly to the old capture command, which has a lot of very useful properties...), second is the absences of the defensive support skills that are normally on the troubadour line (demoiselle/gentilholme and inspiration, although at least you have defense rally, and while Izana's peacebringer, and Azura's voice of peace skill might be used to compensate for this lack both of them needing the enemy to be within two spaces of them to function makes them incredibly harder to use...), the terrible Corrin (which I was kinda expecting...but oof), and the kinda is the lack of lunge (the level 10 wyvern rider skill although most people don't appreciate that skill in the players hands despite how lifesaving having that option can be...).  Also all of your slightly tanky units either have a weapon weakness, or can't support (which locks them out of a bit higher defense with pair-up buffs, and one of the only defensive support skills you have in Kabbage's personal skill), which looks like the big part of your problem with the Berserker+General room...funnily enough if you had another generic Hero like Roland you could have used the cheesy way of dealing with the Berserker half of that room with double axe-breaker dodge tanking...

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah I figured not using any regular mounts might be a bad idea.

Good morning!

12 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I really did. It's one of the best games I've played, honestly.

I loved FC, but SC...

Man, SC was on another level. 10/10 for me.

Thanks to you and everyone else who recommended the Trails series.

....silently adds to backlog......

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Edelgard just hopelessly falls in love with Byleth even in the routes where they're not her teacher. Seriously, why is she all like "you're the last person I ever wanted to fight" in friggin' Azure Moon? I don't know you, you dickhead! We spoke twice!

Spoilers, that’s why.

Well, on her own routes anyway. I have no idea why they didn’t change the dialogue.

2 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

You can with a script. I added it to my own little project.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think you you went out of your way too much to cripple yoursef too much and didn't expect the game to punish you for it. Game is hard yet it gives you the tools to overcome the challenges, however you insisted on using the worst units possible and not using any of the tools.

There's a difference between not using Royals and only having 5 good units. You need atleast 10 good units by late game, which is normally possible. Getting kids helps alot in that case as well, and is Fates way of giving you strong units late game with offspring seal in case your army falls off.

Biggest sticking point here is your Corncob, which i know you made for the memes, but Conquest isn't the game to meme, especially not on a first run. Also your units bssically having no supports due to being mostly generics...

You are also understimating skils quite a bit.

While Conquest had big numberd, the usual case is that your units have the numbers as well, so it comes down to skills, weapon uses and smart stance and staff use.

Ofc with weak units you will feel like ememies stats are inflated (which they aren't) and might be the main reason why you prefer def stance.

Just my 2 scents.

Oh wow how did I make that typo

@Saint Rubenio

27 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Three things (kinda four) jump out to me, first is the lack of anyone with shelter (the level 10 skill of cavaliers, and acts similarly to the old rescue command, which has a lot of very useful properties...)

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh my god uwawawaeawa

Where did you get this?

Someone on the Falcom discord used it, but it's not an emote from that server. Saved it to use whenever.

It's from a private one, so I don't know the original server it's from.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, on her own routes anyway. I have no idea why they didn’t change the dialogue.

Oh, not complaining about her own route. But she barely knows Byleth in the others, why does she seem to be heads over heels for them in those? In the final chapter of Azure Moon, if she targets Byleth she's like "facing you... I grow weak..." That kind of remark goes well past the idea of just wanting to use them for the fancy spine sword. It makes no sense! They spoke twice, and then Byleth picked the opposing side and did everything in their power to stop her! Why does she care so much?

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

however you insisted on using the worst units possible and not using any of the tools.

I insisted on playing my way. I got away with playing my way in New Mystery lunatic. If I can't do it in Conquest hard without the game becoming a slog, that certainly will sour my opinion of the game.

Biggest sticking point here is your Corncob, which i know you made for the memes, but Conquest isn't the game to meme, especially not on a first run

This is true. I should've known better. Then again, the game becoming this awful because of a suboptimal Corrin is... I don't know, I can understand it in the top difficulty, but hard?

You are also understimating skils quite a bit.

Fair point, this is also true. If I knew this was coming I would've kept a cavalier or a wyvern lord in my team. But how could I have known that the difficulty would spike like this? I went in mostly blind! I used what I felt worked, and it did, until the game went "nope, fuck you, now the entire enemy team has 30 defense!"

Ofc with weak units you will feel like ememies stats are inflated (which they aren't) and might be the main reason why you prefer def stance.

I don't know, man. If the stat benchmarks are so strict that a team where just about everyone has at least a couple of stats in the 30s is terrible, that sounds like a classic case of stat inflation to me.

Meh. Once again, maybe I'm just bad, but I haven't enjoyed the game since Chapter Sakura. I won't put it in the bad FE camp, don't get me wrong, it's far from being bad. But the lategame will knock it down a few spots.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm mostly there for the emotes, haha.

788888377109118997.png?v=1

...how long have you been there? Because if for looong you might've seen me at my worst xD

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But how could I have known that the difficulty would spike like this?

I mean

We warned you xD

But i can kinda get your points.

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

..how long have you been there? Because if for looong you might've seen me at my worst xD

I rejoined only a week or so ago, so I'm sure I missed whatever you're thinking of.

Edited by twilitfalchion