Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, not complaining about her own route. But she barely knows Byleth in the others, why does she seem to be heads over heels for them in those? In the final chapter of Azure Moon, if she targets Byleth she's like "facing you... I grow weak..." That kind of remark goes well past the idea of just wanting to use them for the fancy spine sword. It makes no sense! They spoke twice, and then Byleth picked the opposing side and did everything in their power to stop her! Why does she care so much?

That’s enough to say she fell in love?

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Sure, but when you consider the reason England got carte blance to invade Ireland was a papal edict, I still will argue they held an outsized influence.

I won't deny that. And we later have the Treaty of Tortillas Tordesillas, the Pope splitting the Old and New Worlds between Spain and Portugal.

It's not as black and white as "Almighty Pope, Submissive Princes" is what I'm saying. Medieval monarchs liked having some say over the ecclesiastical appointment process in their realm. And it seems the people of Rome revolted once a month against His Holiness in the Middle Ages, with the Roman elite's hateful factions dying to lay their hands on the Papacy. Although I'd say it might be worth separating Pope and Church here, since being in an era without modern means of travel and communication, the wealth and prestige of the Church outside of Italy wasn't entirely the Papacy's to realistically command. Church strong, Papacy claims to be strong and sometimes is (approving royal marriages of course), but others times not so much.

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean

We warned you xD

I am too stupid to understand warnings. You should've warned me harder.

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But i can kinda get your points.

Thank you for your understanding.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s enough to say she fell in love?

No, that was just a manner of speech, sorry. I'm not saying she literally was in love, exactly. I just don't understand why she showed such care for Byleth when she doesn't know them all that well. In the other routes Byleth's just that one teacher that was assigned to a different class, got the powerful sword and used it to aid her enemies and ruin all of her plans every time. She should hate Byleth's guts, not be acting like they're her best friend after those two conversations they had.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thank you for your understanding

Sorry for seeming kinds rude, if anything xD

It's also a playstyle thing, just like we talked a few months back when i mentioned some of the few problems i had with Berwick back then.

But that's the beauty of FE, isn't it? Everyone plays it a differently xD

Well, since I'm about to start my fourth Berwick run and my motivation to continue Conquest is nigh nonexistent, I figure I might as well place Conquest in my FE tier list and give some thoughts about the game now. Just in case I can't push myself to get to Takumi.

I really liked Conquest. The stances mechanic was fun, and I enjoyed the maps until the lategame. It was kind of an aggressive game, but in a fair way. Again, until the lategame. The story was hilarious, but the joke kinda got old... at the lategame. Frankly, a good summary of my opinion on this game would be "great, but lategame." Everything got shittier in the lategame, starting with Sakura. I didn't hate Sakura, but the cracks started to show there. And then Takumi's Fun Castle sealed the deal. That was the end of my enjoyment with this game. But that still means many chapters and hours where I was thoroughly enjoying myself and looking forward to returning to the game! So, overall, I do not regret picking up this game.

As for its placement among the rest of the series... For me, it's a pretty similar title to Thracia in some respects. Both are great games with unique and fun mechanics that ultimately fall from grace due to thoroughly unenjoyable lategames. After some pondering, I've decided that I like Thracia's mechanics a bit more and hate Thracia's lategame a bit less. Plus, Thracia has a legitimately good story, and I like its characters more. Thus, Conquest goes below Thracia. However, the mechanics and great early and midgame put it above Binding Blade, a game that I've a huge soft spot for, but that I cannot deny is a huge mess.

Now, don't get me wrong, my list isn't so clear cut. In fact, if you recall what my list looked like before, you may notice I swapped Thracia and Binding Blade before adding Conquest. In my list, Berwick stands tall above all else, New Mystery follows a bit behind, then every title from Shadow Dragon to Vestaria are very close. They're what I'd call the "group of great FEs", where my preferences are minimal at best. SS and RD have more noticeable flaws that knock them down, and then there's the bad group. If I had to put them into proper tiers, Berwick goes S, New Mystery goes A, the GGFE goes B, SS and RD go C, and the rest go D.

Except PoR. Fuck PoR. It gets an F for Fuck-all, which is the amount of fun I had with it.

What I'm trying to say is, ultimately, I enjoyed Conquest. As much as the lategame has disappointed me, it cannot deny the hours of fun that I had prior to it. I am certain I will one day replay it, and who knows, perhaps then, with the perspective and knowledge of a first run to back me up, I'll enjoy it more and my opinion will change!

...Oh, and the music is amazing. Credit where credit is due.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Sorry for seeming kinds rude, if anything xD

No, no, that's fine. I understand, it's a bit difficult to remain calm when someone arrives and starts knocking your favorite games. Props for hearing me out!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It's also a playstyle thing, just like we talked a few months back when i mentioned some of the few problems i had with Berwick back then.

But that's the beauty of FE, isn't it? Everyone plays it a differently xD

True enough, true enough!

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, since I'm about to start my fourth Berwick run

Is it gonna be any kind of challenge run, or a more normal playthrough? I'm curious. 

7 minutes ago, Spara said:

Is it gonna be any kind of challenge run, or a more normal playthrough? I'm curious. 

I'll do the Leticia event and use Volo and Izerna for the first time, since they're the only characters I've yet to use consistently. Beyond that, I think I'll try to use some of the units that I haven't used since my first run. Namely, Christine, Czene and Elbert. So yeah, just a regular run with some oddities to it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll do the Leticia event and use Volo for the first time, since he's the only character I've yet to see. Beyond that, I think I'll try to use some of the units that I haven't used since my first run. Namely, Christine, Czene and Elbert. So yeah, just a regular run with some oddities to it.

Nice! This might be a bit odd, but I miss when games had really odd hidden stuff like the Leticia event. You'll probably never see it on a normal playthrough, but hey, it's there, and it's cool. It felt like there was always more to discover and learn about the world, with hidden secrets scattered about to flesh it out and reward the player for exploring. 

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Nice! This might be a bit odd, but I miss when games had really odd hidden stuff like the Leticia event. You'll probably never see it on a normal playthrough, but hey, it's there, and it's cool. It felt like there was always more to discover and learn about the world, with hidden secrets scattered about to flesh it out and reward the player for exploring. 

Not odd at all. This kind of hidden secret is really cool. I do question the wisdom of hiding the edgelord's whole character arc behind the secret, but oh well, we'll see.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, I see Jotari is at it again, huh...

Is this that topic on an abuser doing nothing wrong? Sheesh, that was a bad statement.

The only character who ever did no wrong was Arvis /s

It's snowing here. Nothing heavy so far but I was out waking in it and I wonder how much more severe it'll be, pretty heavy fog from it too.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Then again, this also applies to the mainline Pokémon games. But those didn't nearly frustrate me as much as Conquest did. In fact, there was a time when I liked these, but nowadays, I'm like "Why?"

Pokemon is always that series where you liked it at first but then several games later, it's not for you anymore.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The lack of a proper enemy phase (player and enemy units move simultaneously) and the fact that battles end when someone gets hit make for a very player-focused game.

Too player focused, one could argue. From the bit i played of Berwick, i think part of the reason i couldn't get into it is because it completely clashes with the way i play SRPGs (and i don't just mean grid-based). All SPRGs should strive for player focus but at least for me, the way Berwick does it is a case of too much of a good thing imo.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I wrote a wall of text about Berwick Saga again...

You should see the wall of texts i write when someone asks me why Xenoblade 2 and Xenoblade X are so good.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Though, I must say, so far Conquest's dive is even worse than Thracia's. At least you can just warpskip that shitty-ass Reinhardt map. I don't like that that's the optimal solution, but you don't have to put yourself through the torture. And beyond that one map, the Thracia lategame is more tedious than anything else. This is... oof.

On the flip side, Conquest only made me wanna snap my neck sometimes where as Thracia made me wanna snap my neck all the time.

Thracia's the one FE i haven't completed (well i haven't completed FE1 and 2 either but shhhhh, those don't count) because i saw what was coming and said "nah bro".

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So, trying to beat Cloud Sea King Ken in BoC mode is giving me some troubles, haha. I expected this roadblock, really. 

Blowdown intensifies.

5 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Do you know how to make double RNG in the SRPG Studio?

rng-settings.js

Put this into your plugins folder; then go Database->Config->Difficulties and put in a keyword based on what you want the RNG to be like: for 2rn, write

{rng:"2RN"}

And you can also put Fates RN as well, but I'll have to check the keyword for that one, so let me know if you're interested in that.

Supports are also an option to buff hit, by the way!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Czene

I dare you to get the Thief's Charm from Ruby's paralogue!

Good morning, everyone!

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Blowdown intensifies.

This reminder is so painful! XD

His party meter depletion is off the charts for one, and Having to run back towards him, as you said, is a total pain. I'm not sure what approach to take here...

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Adel got a spear point in map 1.

Yes.

YES. Now, see if you can outpace my current Adel. Actually, you'd need insane luck and favoritism to do so, considering how mine is doing so far. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oooh she's a fun one!

I used her in my first run, and she was fun. I'll look forward to going over her character arc again.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Too player focused, one could argue. From the bit i played of Berwick, i think part of the reason i couldn't get into it is because it completely clashes with the way i play SRPGs (and i don't just mean grid-based). All SPRGs should strive for player focus but at least for me, the way Berwick does it is a case of too much of a good thing imo.

Well, I mean, to each their own. That's as valid an opinion as any.

...As any inferior, non-Berwick-loving vermin could have...

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the flip side, Conquest only made me wanna snap my neck sometimes where as Thracia made me wanna snap my neck all the time.

Hah! Fair enough. Thracia is a bitch. I like it because capture and scrolls, more than anything else. Capture should return. Proper Thracia capture, I mean.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

I dare you to get the Thief's Charm from Ruby's paralogue!

Oh yeah... That shitty thing. Pfft! We'll see.

YES.

VERY

Now, see if you can outpace my current Adel. Actually, you'd need insane luck and favoritism to do so, considering how mine is doing so far. 

Your Adel has the advantage of being one of 8 units that are allowed in the team. I'm going to have more units, and given what my Ironman's Adel was, he's low priority for this run.

...Ahh, who am I kidding, I'm going to keep him until chapter 10, at the very least. Vantaging is just too much fun.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is like the main reason i don't like Bringer of Chaos.

Yeah i totally agree with you, but i have to do this!!!! At least once!

Gotta salave some pride, after all...

Well? Any ideas?

My Adel got three points in the first map IIRC.

...But I stopped using him in chapter 8 because I wanted to use Esteban instead. Which made me sad, but I didn't have enough deployment slots.

(For those wondering, yes, I did get Esteban 14 levels in two chapters and a third's main mission.)

Edited by Benice