• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have encountered Olivier!

...He looks eerily like the Olivier I know IRL.

You've just met one of the best boys.

Who also has one of the best themes.

And some of the best quotes.

Edited by twilitfalchion

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And literally everyone agrees we were robbed. The designs on the left and right fit her personality far more.

Except, her accent is country girl, not princess. I'm fine with the choice of VA and I don't have a problem with assigning it to a snow maiden design, but... theres something that clashes with her. 

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And speaking of Dahlia, this is her concept art

Wow that middle one

Why didn't they choose that?

Also is there any way to stop reinforcements without seal reinforcements? Had like to fight 20 wolves or something and they kept calling for more until i decided to escape...

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

ou've just met one of the best boys.

Who also has one of the best themes.

And some of the best quotes.

I like how he's all

Olivier: Peace and love, Baby!

Also Olivier: OP SPELLCASTER

...And he has a gun too.

Edited by Benice

Oh my god he one shots everything

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

great in combat.

B e n c h e d

...Or not. We'll see who else joins the party. I want Josette because I know she'll be bad.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also is there any way to stop reinforcements without seal reinforcements? Had like to fight 20 wolves or something and they kept calling for more until i decided to escape...

Nope, otherwise, what would be the point of seal reinforcements? Xd

Well, you can climb something and get out of battle that way as well. 

Edited by lightcosmo

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except, her accent is country girl, not princess. I'm fine with the choice of VA and I don't have a problem with assigning it to a snow maiden design, but... theres something that clashes with her. 

True, the country girl accent isn't an exact match with those other designs but it's still better.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wow that middle one

Why didn't they choose that?

Likely cause it was too similar to another Ice Rare Blade.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Breaking an enemy cancels whatever Art they were using, including one that calls for help. This is easier said than done because the timing has to be right, especially if the Break Arts are on your AI party members but it can be done.

Did you bond Dahlia to Rex or Nia? If it's the latter, make sure she has Acrobatic Bomber set, because Nia gets Break with Bitballs.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

No there definitely is another way, as I explained above. It's just a bit harder to do early on.

Just now, Benice said:

B e n c h e d

...Or not. We'll see who else joins the party.

You really don't have much choice about who's in your party until endgame, without spoiling anything. You'll almost always have at least three members in your party beyond the prologue.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I want Josette because I know she'll be bad.

Don't get your hopes up.

Gotta say though. I love her CS redesign.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180421060413

Dang. She cute.

HOW'S THAT?!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Gotta say though. I love her CS redesign.

CS Josette gets long hair, therefore, good.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I guess so? Not what I read it as.

Like I said, the timing has to be right. But as the game progresses and you level up Arts and such, it does become easier.

Break has made fighting Scout enemies easier.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Breaking an enemy cancels whatever Art they were using, including one that calls for help. This is easier said than done because the timing has to be right, especially if the Break Arts are on your AI party members but it can be done.

Kinda like the evasion-during-execution Arts? Stagger & Stun in XCX might be comparable as well.

I like on paper these precision Arts, they force you to pay attention in real time, but I never learn to use them properly myself. 😄

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Did you bond Dahlia to Rex or Nia? If it's the latter, make sure she has Acrobatic Bomber set, because Nia gets Break with Bitballs.

Rex

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...once i get a 3rd slot i should try getting a dark blade

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sounds tough xD

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kinda like the evasion-during-execution Arts?

Yep, though those are a bit easier to time cause they last the entire animation whereas Break Arts inflict Break when the attack lands.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Sounds tough xD

Like I said, it does become easier to do later. Although I usually have Crossette awakened as one of my first Blades since that way, Nia can always have a Break and heal Art on standby for these early chapters (that and having a second Fire Blade is just really good) so even at this point, I was dealing a lot of Breaks.

Break is actually just the best status effect in the game because Fusion Combos and other things.

*Insert Spiderman meme here*

H1cCKaI.png

Gotta love... whatever this is...

Spoiler

Nah, it's simple. There's the Kingdom of Ghana, and the Duchy of Ghana. Both titles are held by different people, and their lands are not interconnected. Thus the game puts the realm name on every single piece, creating this. This can also be seen with Mali, split in two due to that Niani realm in-between.

Oh, it's covered by the mini map, but there's also a sixth Ghana just east of Songhay. You can barely see it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Yesterday afternoon was for the corpse. Lied in the bed with headaches and sore throat since back then. At least night was good and I am feeling alright again, good enough to visit my aunt today whose birthday was a couple of days ago.

14 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

You can with a script. I added it to my own little project.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

rng-settings.js 1.77 kB · 0 downloads

Put this into your plugins folder; then go Database->Config->Difficulties and put in a keyword based on what you want the RNG to be like: for 2rn, write

{rng:"2RN"}

And you can also put Fates RN as well, but I'll have to check the keyword for that one, so let me know if you're interested in that.

Supports are also an option to buff hit, by the way!

Oh, that's awesome, thanks!

However I am afraid I won't be able to do it today.

In my project I have an instant partner support between Lysithea and Byleth identical to the instant one between Micaiah and Sothe.

I'm not sure yet, if I will add a support system.

Would be nice to have it though, I guess.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

So I just finished The Mark of Athena, meaning I'm only two books away from finally finishing Heroes of Olympus.

As of now, I am in uncharted territory because I don't think I've actually read past this point. I can't recall a single thing from The House of Hades and I know I never read The Blood of Olympus.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>chain attacks

About time ayy!

20181028_114722.png

Best part: no RNG. Well ok, I guess there is RNG on the occasional event that a Driver doesn't have any opposing element but even then, it's not as bad as Xenoblade 1 Chain Attack RNG.

Now, two tips: first, because of how Chain Attacks work, some people think they should try to have all eight elements equipped. Rookie mistake and this will end up restricting your choices. In the first place, a Full Burst only requires five Orbs to be destroyed but three is usually enough.

Second tip, Overkill bonus. You maybe got this but if you kill an enemy during a Chain Attack, you can keep adding the damage until the Chain Attack ends. Higher bonus means more EXP, WP and SP. You can actually level up twice from a good Overkill bonus.

So tl;dr, don't worry about not having every element and using Chain Attacks against regular enemies for Overkill bonus is valid.

Also Dahlia has increased usefulness now because one of her battle skills gives her a chance to hit two Orbs.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So I just finished The Mark of Athena, meaning I'm only two books away from finally finishing Heroes of Olympus.

As of now, I am in uncharted territory because I don't think I've actually read past this point. I can't recall a single thing from The House of Hades and I know I never read The Blood of Olympus.

The House of Hades is really good. Enjoy!

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is what happens in the Rare event that you lose to him

Screenshot_20210124-011057.png

Never knew about this until Chugga's let's play.

I actually lost to him first try (because i was leading with Tora and Nia AI doesn't spam heals), but i had a sidequest active F

XD

Also when the screen shattered classic rpg style i thought we are getting a meme fight or something...

Lost opportunity tbh

Edited by Shrimperor