Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I actually lost to him first try

RIP

Nia AI doesn't spam heals

She will prioritize it though, should your HP ever get low. It's why I like to have at least two heal Arts on her, so that at least one is always on standby.

Also when the screen shattered classic rpg style i thought we are getting a meme fight or something...

Though screen shatter is nothing new, considering Zeke's character, lots of people see this as a Xenogears reference, which had screen shatter intros for fights and one of the party members, Bart, is the OG Zeke

Bart.png

He's not as chuuni, but if Bart and Zeke ever met, they'll do their version of the pointing Spider-Man meme.

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She will prioritize it though, should your HP ever get low. It's why I like to have at least two heal Arts on her, so that at least one is always on standby

Yeah but when i control unit i really go wham with spamming heals including specials

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He's not as chuuni, but if Bart and Zeke ever met, they'll do their version of the pointing Spider-Man meme.

Ooh i see!

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

You really don't have much choice about who's in your party until endgame, without spoiling anything. You'll almost always have at least three members in your party beyond the prologue.

Aww.

Don't get your hopes up.

Gotta say though. I love her CS redesign.

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20180421060413

Dang. She cute.

She survives until CS? Aw man...

Also how is she a bimbo

Speaking of which, I like the artstyle a lot in Sky FC. The portraits are all so expressive!

...And, not to say I dislike the music in this game, but Bose's city theme is slowly driving me insane...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So I just finished The Mark of Athena, meaning I'm only two books away from finally finishing Heroes of Olympus.

As of now, I am in uncharted territory because I don't think I've actually read past this point. I can't recall a single thing from The House of Hades and I know I never read The Blood of Olympus.

Nice! I'm not a huge fan of the Heroes of Olympus series, but House of Hades was the outlier there, mostly 'cause it often focused more on the characters I liked.

Finally 100%'d Age of Calamity! It was a really fantastic game. Presentation was good, story was really entertaining and the gameplay was great. Overall, I'd give it 9.33/10.* I didn't like how some bosses had too much HP and how often you fought Sooga, but that was about it.

As for the characters, least favourite to favourite, gameplay-wise. (Spoilers. And also a Gaming in the Clinton Years level of quality.)

Spoiler
  1. Calamity Ganon. I think I used it once. While the gimmick of a Malice Gauge was cool...It was just so slow to charge that it was impractical. Also, its story presence was great. Just complete a random quest, and boom, no explanation or anything, he's playable. And nobody seems to care... I didn't even get to use his Mastery ability due to his join time.
  2. The Great Fairies. Everyone else was at least level 60 by the end of the game. The fairies joined at level 32 and finished off at level 34. I didn't really get them, and they were kinda horrifying. As with Calamity Ganon, their mastery skill wasn't ever used, although mostly because they scared me.
  3. Revali. At least to me, he was really bad. Part of the problem was that he got screwed over by weapons pretty badly, but he just was waaay worse than everyone else. His flight gimmick also sometimes didn't work properly, resulting in him randomly going under the ground or attacking in the middle of nowhere. His mastery ability was laughably bad was well, damaging enemies a tiny bit as he flew past.
  4. -Quality gap-
  5. Monk Maz Koshia. His pointless unique ability in tandem with his only decent combat made him a bit of a unfavored character, but I still used him.
  6. Riju. She was a little too simple to play for me, and even though she was pretty dang cool, she lacked the power to really make use of her mobility. Her Mastery skill was kinda neat, but I didn't use it much, unfortunately.
  7. Yunobo. I liked his gimmick, I liked his moves...But something about him just kinda felt lacking to play. Most other characters felt amazing to play, but he felt minimalistic to some extent. Still, I enjoyed using him from time to time. And...I don't actually remember what his Mastery ability was.
  8. Zelda: Bow of light. Her regular moves were pretty fun, but what kept her from being amazing was Luminary Mode. While it felt like you wielded godlike amounts of power... You couldn't dodge, so it was practically pointless most of the time. Still, had some nice redeeming features. I stopped using the Bow of light in favour of the Shiekah slate, so I didn't get to see the Mastery ability.
  9. Hestu. He was hilarious and had some good moves, but he didn't really stand out in any way. His runes weren't very good and his speed was a little too low, but hitting things as a tree is an experience I will not forget. His Mastery ability was mostly unnoticeable, although it probably helped.
  10. Urbosa. Her moves were really fun, it was simply the charge time that held her back for me. I'm certain that a good player would be able to loop her charges really well, but I didn't get that far with using her. Her mastery ability was kinda cool, but a tad impractical.
  11. Lonk: Lance. There was nothing really wrong with lances...They just didn't really feel good to play, I guess. The unique ability being pointless didn't help too much. Still, pretty good. I didn't use the Mastery Ability much, and I actually don't even remember what it was...
  12. -smol quality gap-
  13. Terrako. Barely used him due to his jointime, but he was pretty fun in the short time I used him. Mastery ability was sadly pointless, but I could have just been playing him wrong.
  14. Daruk. A bit like a cross between Yunobo and Riju in his flaws, he simply wasn't quite strong enough and didn't quite make it in terms of feel. Still, I did have quite a soft spot for him...For whatever reason. I liked him a lot. His mastery ability was basically pointless, but was a bonus from time to time. His runes were also pretty good.
  15. Lonk: One-handed weapons. Fun to play. Nothing much to say about them, other than the fact that I almost never used these after I found the glory of Two-Handed weapons. I didn't actually use their mastery ability for that reason.
  16. Sidon. I liked him a fair bit, and his Optimism gimmick was hilarious. His mastery ability being bad and his Bomb being lackluster was what held him back, but still great.
  17. -Favourites!-
  18. Zelda: Shiekah slate. This was for basically for two reasons, those being her fantastic bomb rune and one of her combos. I really liked her. Mastery ability was also quite good.
  19. King Rhoam. I don't have too much to say about him. Just was super fun overall. Very well-balanced in terms of aspects of him that I liked.
  20. Teba. He was SOOOOO much fun to play. He felt like such a power trip without actually breaking the game, it was fantastic. One of my go-tos. Mastery ability wasn't great, but not bad at all.
  21. Link: Two handed weapons. I loved these so much. They felt amazing to play, and even though Link's weapon had subpar might for the end of the game, (85) he still absolutely blew every boss in his path away. My one problem with it was the mastery skill, which made him a bit harder to play.
  22. Impa. She was almost too powerful. She was a power trip and a half, it was great. From start to end, she was unstoppable.
  23. Mipha. She was really, really fun to play, really powerful and had an insane weapon-She had over 60% extra damage on flurry rushes. She somehow ended up as one of my strongest people and carried the end of The Siege of Fort Hateno, a side mission that was incredibly hard.
  24. -THE ONE AND ONLY TOP CHARACTER IN THE GAME...-
  25. Master Kohga! I didn't think much of him at first... But he quickly became my favourite, and not just because I loved his character. Unexpectedly, his gimmick was ridiculously broken, making him extremely potent once I figured him out. Hands-down, my favourite character in the game, both on and off the battlefield. (His mastery ability was kind of pointless, but I didn't care.)

*Despite my ratings for FE, I am otherwise extremely positive regarding video games, so it takes quite a lot for me not to enjoy one.

14 hours ago, Benice said:

rng-settings.js 1.77 kB · 1 download

Put this into your plugins folder; then go Database->Config->Difficulties and put in a keyword based on what you want the RNG to be like: for 2rn, write

{rng:"2RN"}

I downloaded this file and sent it to the plugins folder.

jDv0jmj.png?1

Is this the menu you were talking about?

I'm a bit confused right there.

Do I just to have renaming it and ignoring everything else in this menu?

Anyways I'm out now, I won't be able to reply until tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Is this the menu you were talking about?

I'm a bit confused right there.

Yep! Just go click on Custom Parameter and put in {rng:"2RN"}

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Who?

Yes, exactly. There's a reason the guy lost the popularity poll. You could count the amount of fans Frost has on the fingers of one hand.

Him I can understand. Genealogy NPCs, I can understand too. What I've never understood is why Glade lost the first poll. I mean, okay, I know back then nobody had played Thracia, but... Glade's a kinda important character in Thracia! Why him and not someone like Alba or Kane, who have no dialogue? How in the world did Ralph get more votes than Glade? I cannot come up with anything!

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Like I said, the timing has to be right. But as the game progresses and you level up Arts and such, it does become easier.

Break has made fighting Scout enemies easier.

I thought he meant when they are already coming at you, haha. In that case, you cant do much but suck it up and fight it out.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>chain attacks

About time ayy!

Have fun! Xd

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Now, two tips: first, because of how Chain Attacks work, some people think they should try to have all eight elements equipped. Rookie mistake and this will end up restricting your choices. In the first place, a Full Burst only requires five Orbs to be destroyed but three is usually enough.

I actually found getting alot on useful in BoC mode though! Otherwise, I agree it's just not necessary and by the time you finally do, the fights gonna be over.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah but when i control unit i really go wham with spamming heals including specials

Careful when blowing through your healing arts, the enemy can easily break you or blow down you right out of em. It's happened to me many a times and caused me to scramble to get my healing arts back. (And their recharge rate are almost always above the 10 area to begin with).

I guess you dont have to worry about it as much if your using Corvin, though... 

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Aww.

Actually, it's a very good thing, since switching out party members lets you experience a variety of different story beats and character interactions.

RPGs really aren't about just winning or progressing. They're about the journey, and savoring every little bit of it along the way.

She survives until CS? Aw man...

You wanted her to die?

Also how is she a bimbo

She's awful in combat, I guess. Idk, really.

Speaking of which, I like the artstyle a lot in Sky FC. The portraits are all so expressive!

It's probably one of my favorite artstyles in any game. I love it to bits. Glad you're enjoying it!

233690244606722048.png?v=1

And, not to say I dislike the music in this game, but Bose's city theme is slowly driving me insane...

:MariSad:

What do you not like about Bose's theme?

Well, at least you'll (probably) like the Zeiss theme. That one's great.

Morning, everyone. *waves*

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Careful when blowing through your healing arts, the enemy can easily break you or blow down you right out of em. It's happened to me many a times and caused me to scramble to get my healing arts back. (And their recharge rate are almost always above the 10 area to begin with)

That's why i have 2 blades with healing special on her xD

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I guess you dont have to worry about it as much if your using Corvin, though... 

Not using him just yet!

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Nice! I'm not a huge fan of the Heroes of Olympus series, but House of Hades was the outlier there, mostly 'cause it often focused more on the characters I liked.

I think the only books I didn't really care for in the whole series are Sea of Monsters and Titan's Curse. Idk, those just felt less interesting to me.

I have heard that Blood of Olympus kinda fumbles the ending but we'll see.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

actually found getting alot on useful in BoC mode though!

The problem with Chain Attacks in BoC is that they are actually detrimental, especially later on when Rage Strikes become more common. It takes so long to build up Party Gauge and it the enemies have so much HP that using a Chain Attack will likely end with you dead once it ends.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think the only books I didn't really care for in the whole series are Sea of Monsters and Titan's Curse. Idk, those just felt less interesting to me.

Ironically enough, sea of monsters easy easily my favorite Percy Jackson. I didn’t really care for the rest of the series, although book 4 was kinda cool I guess. But I don’t remember much happening in Titan’s Curse...

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have heard that Blood of Olympus kinda fumbles the ending but we'll see.

I don’t think it does!

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Did you like Percy Jackson?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The problem with Chain Attacks in BoC is that they are actually detrimental, especially later on when Rage Strikes become more common. It takes so long to build up Party Gauge and it the enemies have so much HP that using a Chain Attack will likely end with you dead once it ends.

That's why it's my last resort when I'm pretty damn sure i can end the battle with one! 

Especially when someone is going to get killed, I whip those out if i need to. I would rather not have to revive someone.

For average, with every orb on, I get around a 515% damage boost on full burst, which is decent considering.

I agree with you, they arent useful, but I think they are fun to use in XC2 so I like to go for em, haha. Dumb, i know.

I suppose its alot easier in Torna, though. As you only need to trigger a special for an orb to be put on. 

Edited by lightcosmo

House of Hades is done. We're in the endgame now.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

don’t think it does!

I hope not, I've been enjoying Heroes of Olympus more than the first series.

Though the ending would have to be really doodoo dogshit to sour my opinion.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

suppose its alot easier in Torna, though. As you only need to trigger a special for an orb to be put on. 

Simultaneously a bit harder if you're fighting certain UMs, due to Elemental Awakening.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I hope not, I've been enjoying Heroes of Olympus more than the first series.

Though the ending would have to be really doodoo dogshit to sour my opinion.

It’s been a while, but I don’t remember it being anything stand out. Really standard affair.

I’ll look up the criticisms.

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

@Armagon since you were waiting for it for so long.

It looks good. I have waited for this.

Godzilla was the hero for the last two movies he was in so I'm curious to see what changed. Although, if I gotta make a prediction, I feel like we might revisit the Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla plot point where the latter impersonates Godzilla and one can't tell the difference, hence, the conflict. Assuming MechaGodzilla is actually in this.

EDIT: HE IS, I SAW IT! I ONLY MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME BECAUSE IT SHOWS UP FOR A SECOND OBSCURED BY DEBRIS!

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It looks good. I have waited for this.

Godzilla was the hero for the last two movies he was in so I'm curious to see what changed. Although, if I gotta make a prediction, I feel like we might revisit the Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla plot point where the latter impersonates Godzilla and one can't tell the difference, hence, the conflict. Assuming MechaGodzilla is actually in this.

I considered that, but I think people would be disappointed for Godzilla and Kong to have a rematch only for "Godzilla" to actually be Mechagodzilla for most of the movie. It seems for now that Godzilla is being provoked by something, but we don't know what yet (which may or may not be Mechagodzilla).