• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, I initially hated the hat because I read it's a stripper hat and thought "ah, IntSys at it again",

What how?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not great. I know the original FE1's art was kinda sucky, but have you seen the old TCG art? It's actually really good! Why not use that? It has that old school vibe that suits FE1 like a glove, while not being as, uh... unpleasant as the original game's own artwork!

Speaking of the old TCG art, I find it amazing that it basically served as the de facto official art for a lot of FE3/12 characters, especially 12 because FE12 official art does not exist.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nothing says a Fake can't beat the original 😉

You're right.

But I still don't see Leif anywhere near the top!

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

especially when the original is only good in smash

That's not even true.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What's so wrong with the original artwork?

H1ZNQT6b_o.png

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love it, but I can see why they'd rather forget about these.

Especially when you compare them to their TCG counterparts...

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What how?

Yes, apparently it is a stripper hat. With that in mind, I was afraid that she'd be the next Camilla. And she kinda was, in a way, though at least her character's built around it.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of the old TCG art, I find it amazing that it basically served as the de facto official art for a lot of FE3/12 characters, especially 12 because FE12 official art does not exist.

It helps that most of it is badass and better than the actual game's OG artwork. I think Thracia is the only one with artwork better than TCG's, and that's because Mayumi Hirota was a genius.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I think that's just natural. FE original artwork is from, what, 1990? While TGC 's is from 2001~.

I don't find it unlikeable anyway.

Oh I agree, I agree. I just understand why they would put something else in the artbook. But they definitely should've stuck to TCG, Heroes artwork is too inconsistent in both quality and style.

Just now, Armagon said:

I see. Well I, for one, would prefer to look at it as the Jotaro hat.

I've never watched Jojo's so... I really have no way to refer to it.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Resetting several in game Sims days for a 2% chance... what is wrong with me...

You're a FE fan, through and through.

Is 'Stripper Hat' like an actual patented design or what...? Looks like a hat I'd see on like, a mailman, or paper boy, or sidekick to a Sherlock Holmes expy. Chimney Sweeper from Edwardian London too.

Unless they all come from some weird Village People themed male stripper group, then....

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, apparently it is a stripper hat.

Well, when everyone thought of it as the Jojo's hat, it stuck. And frankly I'm okay with this.

And considering Jojo's, I wouldn't be surprised if Jotaro stripped once......

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I've never watched Jojo's so... I really have no way to refer to it.

You're not missing too much, though it's fun to know the memes. The first three parts aren't good, but Part 2 is at least kinda funny. Part 1 is just ughhh and Part 3 is thirty episodes too long. Parts 4 and 5 are good though.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is 'Stripper Hat' like an actual patented design or what...? Looks like a hat I'd see on like, a mailman, or paper boy, or sidekick to a Sherlock Holmes expy. Chimney Sweeper from Edwardian London too.

Hey, don't ask me. Like I said, that's just what I read online. People loved tossing that piece of trivia around in the days prior to the game's release.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

jotaro-kujo-19368.jpg?t=1397848313

I dig it.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't live under a rock. I knew what Jotaro's hat looks like, haha.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

You're not missing too much, though it's fun to know the memes. The first three parts aren't good, but Part 2 is at least kinda funny. Part 1 is just ughhh and Part 3 is thirty episodes too long. Parts 4 and 5 are good though.

All right, then.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

The first three parts aren't good, but Part 2 is at least kinda funny. Part 1 is just ughhh and Part 3 is thirty episodes too long.

I only agree with the bolded part.

Part 1 isn't amazing by any means but it's nice, simple and short. Part 2 is probably my favorite Part because Joseph is one of my favorite anime/manga protagonists, he embodies the JoJo spirit the most imo.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Part 2 is probably my favorite Part because Joseph is one of my favorite anime/manga protagonists, he embodies the JoJo spirit the most imo.

Joseph is by far the biggest reason why I enjoyed Part 2 - he's so hammy and ridiculous and is always super enjoyable to watch. I didn't like much of the rest of it, so while I don't think it's good, I think he alone makes it enjoyable. I should also specify with Part 1 that it has a few solid episodes of foundation and a good ending but the other 5 episodes of it... I don't remember at all. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I didn't buy a single tapestry xD

Hence why i had so many weapons hoarded for late game xD

You aren't a real Berwick Saga fan if you don't buy at least one piece of furniture.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just because...

Oh shoot, Captain Harlock! I've always wondered if it's mere coincidence that his name is so similar to Captain Haddock.

I know absolutely nothing about the fellow beyond his name.