Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Bandits

Xb2 a fe game confirmed

If you wanted an SRPG with all units being two characters, to align with the Blade system, I think I know where to insert XB2... 

Spoiler

I skipped this and its predecessor, not enough characters I know and love, but, should I? The 3DS is over, and these aren't available on the eShop anymore (licensing issue I imagine), so it'd have to be the rare physical copy. But, it is slightly tempting.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Got partway through the CS3 demo.

I like the combat system, (I think) but the HP pools for both players and enemies felt a little too bloated. Story-wise, it had a pretty good start, at least IMO.

You mean they have too high HP bar?

It is because it is a demo of a midgame dungeon.

Party starts with way less HP.

Actually I planned to stay out from this place for sometime, but seeing people playing Cold Steel kinda drags me back.

@Acacia Sgt

I did not find either Project X Zone part in my e-shop, so apparently.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

6 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

You mean they have too high HP bar?

Yeah. Like, the combat system was really quick, but the amount of hits that enemies took kinda felt disproportionate to the pace, if that makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

It is because it is a demo of a midgame dungeon.

Ooooohhh.

7 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Party starts with way less HP.

That's good! CS also seems to have a pretty decently large cast, which seems good at first glance. Still, I have to play, like, every other Trails game before I get to that one.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah. Like, the combat system was really quick, but the amount of hits that enemies took kinda felt disproportionate to the pace, if that makes sense.

Personally I do not like it. Brave points make this broken and I prefer the orb system in the Crossbell series. The orb system in CS is the most simple, but not my favorite by any means.

That's good! CS also seems to have a pretty decently large cast, which seems good at first glance. Still, I have to play, like, every other Trails game before I get to that one.

The cast becomes traditionally bigger and bigger the further you make progress in a continent. Cold Steel III introduces "new" class VII and also "old" class VII later from the first two parts which will be merged. They make already about 15 characters. Cold Steel IV has more than 30 playable characters at the end. 

Just now, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Personally I do not like it. Brave points make this broken and I prefer the orb system in the Crossbell series. The orb system in CS is the most simple, but not my favorite by any means.

Haven't made it to Crossbell yet, but I will eventually.

1 minute ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Brave points

What are those?

1 minute ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

e cast becomes traditionally bigger and bigger the further you are advanced in a continent. Cold Steel III introduces "new" class VII and also "old" class VII later from the first two parts which will be merged. They make already about a 15 characters. Cold Steel IV has more than 30 playable characters at the end.

Oh, good. That should mean that Sky 2 and 3 also have bigger casts. Nice.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

What are those?

Points you can gain during battle and use for either team attacks or to use to get some buffs / invulnerability for your team for a certain amount of turns. Since the enemy cannot get these brave points, they make it very unbalanced to the player's advantage.

Oh, good. That should mean that Sky 2 and 3 also have bigger casts. Nice.

I do not remember Sky 2 having more characters than 1, but 3 has a few more.

Spoiler

Cold Steel has by far the biggest cast because III and IV feature pretty much the entire cast from Sky and Crossbell.

Points you can gain during battle and use for either team attacks or to use to get some buffs / invulnerability for your team for a certain amount of turns. Since the enemy cannot get these brave points, they make it very unbalanced to the player's advantage.

Oh. Then again, I suppose I could ignore them if they're that OP.

do not remember Sky 2 having more characters than 1, but 3 has a few more.

Hmm... Well, I'll not judge until I get farther.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh. Then again, I suppose I could ignore them if they're that OP.

On lowest difficulty, yeah, but definitely not on anything higher than easy. I think the enemies's stats take the player's brave points into account. The earlygame bosses are almost impossible to beat without using these brave points. It feels like the same as armatization in Tales of Zestiria for me which is the main reason I dislike this game. And it's also the reason Cold Steel III is my second least favorite part in the series. I only like it more than Sky FC because of the bigger character cast. Otherwise it was the "black sheep" in the Erebonian series for me. Cold Steel IV did brave points in that way better since characters's crafts were transferred into brave points, so they can't stuck anymore.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hmm... Well, I'll not judge until I get farther.

Sky 2 doesn't have more characters, per se. It just expands upon the characters from the first game in even more interesting ways.

There are more playable characters overall though.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>beast crystal

>another earth blade

Let's  bench for now until i get my next driver...

Wulfric. He's a good boy.

Who'd you get him on?

Capital highway  track...

:eargasm:

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wulfric. He's a good boy.

Who'd you get him on?

I didn't pop yet, checked online...

And got slightly spoiled on something ffs.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was Ganondorf.

Oh, yes, waking up as him would be... interesting. Even if you were him in the Zelda world it would still be hard to write because we don’t exactly know what his day to day life is like, regardless of which Ganondorf. Although maybe that’s part of the fun? Hmm...

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And got slightly spoiled on something ffs.

RIP.

You could get Wulfric now and just send him on Merc Missions until later and then Overdrive Protocol him to someone else.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You could get Wulfric now and just send him on Merc Missions until later and then Overdrive Protocol him to someone else.

I could, but overdrives are rare, even with dlc xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I could, but overdrives are rare, even with dlc xD

Tbh, Overdrives are something you'd do if you really want to. There is no bad Driver/Blade combination.

Only time i used Overdrives more than once is in my current run where i got three of the five Ice Rare Blades on one character and i didn't want that.

Anyways, you in Mor Ardain, right?

Hey, @Shrimperor, more questions for Sky 1: Are there any really funny meme builds you can do on anyone? (Such as setting up character to maximize evade to absurd levels, etc.) Also, which Arts should I shoot for first? I'm sorta lost with all the options.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, @Shrimperor, more questions for Sky 1: Are there any really funny meme builds you can do on anyone? (Such as setting up character to maximize evade to absurd levels, etc.) Also, which Arts should I shoot for first? I'm sorta lost with all the options.

If you want to suffer you could do physical builds for mages and vice-versa.

As for Arts, Aerial and Chaos brand are your bread and butter in FC

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Best area theme in the whole series imo.

Also when you reach Alba Cavanich in a few moments, you can buy Gold Cylinders there and that's how you can begin easy money grinding. 

Thanks for the Track and tip!

Track is simply fantastic :gasm:

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

If you want to suffer you could do physical builds for mages and vice-versa.

So, Fire and Wind-type orbs?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

As for Arts, Aerial and Chaos brand are your bread and butter in FC

OK!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Track is simply fantastic :gasm:

I'm not as far as you, but I can agree-So far, this game has been so good at making you just say "WOAAAAAHHHHHH."

Current Status after reaching the capital

Spoiler

yeRlVWo.jpg

Honestly wanted to continue, but eh, might have stuff to do in a couple hours xD

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

So, Fire and Wind-type orbs?

Crash course:

• Time (Action) goes to everyone, because Speed is the most important stat in the game. Cast to Casters
  • Fire (Attack) to physical as it gives ATK
  • Water (HP) to almost everyone so everyone can get access to heal. Mind goes to Mages as increases ATS
  • Wind to mages to get access to Aerial and Area heals

Of course check stats and see what fits with who.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Crash course:

• Time (Action) goes to everyone, because Speed is the most important stat in the game. Cast to Casters
  • Fire (Attack) to physical as it gives ATK
  • Water (HP) to almost everyone so everyone can get access to heal. Mind goes to Mages as increases ATS
  • Wind to mages to get access to Aerial and Area heals

Oh, OK. Thanks for the tip! I have no idea if I'd have a clue about what to do if you weren't helping.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, OK. Thanks for the tip! I have no idea if I'd have a clue about what to do if you weren't helping.

Npnp!

When in doubt -> Bracer Notebook. It has everything you need to know.

You can also ask any questions you have, we are alot of Trails players out here!

Also, make sure to AT manipulate well! Although that will be more important in SC (where the UI is better and helps with that quite alot)...