Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Npnp!

Yeah, I just know that Trails is a bit of a sad subject for you, sooo...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, make sure to AT manipulate well!

AT? I should know this stuff already, shouldn't I?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

AT? I should know this stuff already, shouldn't I?

Don't worry, i went through most FC and didn't really know, but that knowledge is really important in SC as it's prologue is known to send grown man crying on anything higher than normal xD

Crash course:

Each attack/craft has a base delay. Character's Speed and action delay determines when you will get your turn next. S-crafts for example have huge delay.

There are crafts out there that can delay the enemy. Like wise, the enemy can delay you. Well, unless [RESIST], but that doesn't happen often in FC xD

For Arts you have a Cast Time and After Delay. It's different from Art to Art. That's why Cast quartz is so important, it lowers the cast time and allows you to more safely cast Arts. Note that Casting can be stopped with [Impede] crafts. So if you see an enemy casting something, you can impede to stop them.

With this knowledge you should be able to manipulate the turn order to your advantage.

Some tips: Heal Arts have extremly low cast time. You can use that to steal turn bonuses from the enemy. 

You can S-break any time you have more than 100CP to steal turn bonuses, but beware the huge after delay.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, I just know that Trails is a bit of a sad subject for you, sooo..

DW. I will try and stop being negative about the subject and just evade all talk about the modern games unless directly asked.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah.

Absolutely banger desert themes is a Xenoblade specialty. 

O:

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

it's prologue is known to send grown man crying on anything higher than normal xD

My friend...You have made a grave mistake by telling me this...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Each attack/craft has a -snip-

Ah, I see! Does the game (or future games) ever actually tell you, or is it more of an experimentation thing?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You can S-break any time to steal turn bonuses, but beware the huge after delay.

I love doing that.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah, I see! Does the game (or future games) ever actually tell you, or is it more of an experimentation thing?

SC and Sky3rd kinda tell you by showing you arrows of when you will land in the turn order.

From Crossbell onward you see the exact delay amount of your action, and how much you would delay an enemy if you use a delay Craft/Art on them.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

My friend...You have made a grave mistake by telling me this...

Just FYI, SC is much harder than FC, and is generally seen as the hardest game in the series.

It's like going from PoR to RD, or even more extreme.

SC hard, especially early on, requires that you know how to perfectly all the knowledge i just imparted on you. Prologue boss traumatized people and is basically a ''If you can't pass me, restart the game on normal, you noob'' move from Falcom xD

Even i almost restarted on normal lol...

And the difficulty designer wanted to make the games even harder, the mad man xD

He isn't in charge of difficulty anymore, which explains alot....

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

SC hard, especially early on, requires that you know how to perfectly all the knowledge i just imparted on you.

Did I say "hard"? I meant PLEASE SPARE ME AAAAAA

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's like going from PoR to RD, or even more extreme.

Ah, reminds me of my first run of RD. I'd finished FE8 normal and loved it as well as Eligood normal mode and...Not loved it, so when I got RD, I was all "Aw yeah, I can play normal mode for this!"

It was...Quite the learning curve. Soooo many resets...

Still, it really did make me appreciate RD. Plus, I got Elincia's Gambit first try with no deaths, which is among my crowning achievements as a player of FE.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And the difficulty designer wanted to make the games even harder, the mad man xD

Kaga's Crazy Cousin.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

Kaga's Crazy Cousin.

I don't have the source anymore well, i could find it but then i will have to dig into old arguements i don't wanna visit, but the guy was like

''No challenge no fun''

Good guy.

Also help can't stop listening to Mor Ardain theme

*Insert Rex 'dancing' gif here while Pyra is doing her Lvl3 Blade Combo Special, and that's me while listening to mor ardain theme*

Morning thought: The reason we are not getting classic paper mario is because XB2 absorbed it

Edited by Shrimperor

Alright, it's 1353AD now. Next ending period for the Crusade cooldown. But also, I'm at now 100 years before the game finishes. It's the Endgame!

ZA WARUDO

lVZOrOi.png

Don't be fooled. At this point the Mongol Empire is becoming a Paper Tiger... maybe. It's still strong, but usually faces multiple wars at the same time. Ineffectual and stretched thin rather than weak, perhaps. The much weaker Udayid realm has just won a Holy War against then, for example. We'll bring that realm down another peg this next Crusader I bet...

Still, that's only mostly when they're on the defensive. Offensively, since every vassal that can are more than capable on launching their own individual wars, and they can still win. So far, I've had to protect Suomi twice, but they were able to subjugate Bavaria into the Empire. I expect the Exclave rule will make de jure Bavaria split, but most of the rest will remain under them.

China just went through a civil war. New dynasty in charge. Back to Han, after centuries of Jurchen rule.

Amusingly, briefly England became ruled by an Irish Queen. Making all four kingdoms of the isles ruled by Irish. Except she got under assault by claimant revolts, was also excommunicated and forced off the throne, her son inherited but lost England due to claimant revolt. Now only has the Scotland title (currently named Alba), but holds few land as England kept the rest since the revolt was formed by practically almost every Anglo-Saxon vassal. Oh the irony, Anglo-Saxons revolting due to Irish rule... He still holds on to the Westminster/London area, though.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

*Insert Rex 'dancing' gif here while Pyra is doing her Lvl3 Blade Combo Special, and that's me while listening to mor ardain theme*

And there's me, who doesn't like that theme one bit! Xd

My favorite area theme from XC2 is probably Tantal, my favorite scenic wise is easily Uraya. Not that Tantal isn't great, i mean, i love what they are trying to portray there, it does it's job perfectly. Gormott is only okay, and i'm not a fan of Mor Ardain much. 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This theme fits the area sooo well, imo.

Also note that the night version isn't too bad, either!

This gives me very vague apex of the world vibes. I like.

Now do I have $60 lying around...

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

another area theme i like, but simply because it has such a nice, relaxing tune to me.

And this gives me slight Zelda vibes, what a nice OST.