Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh, incidentally, Izerna just promoted in my Berwick Run. Chapter 5 hasn't even begun yet. I really underestimated her, didn't I? Owen just arrived the other day and she already matches him in most aspects. Really easy to get her there, far more than I expected.

That being said, I will stand by my opinion that Owen's gimmick does more good than harm. I've yet to seriously require Izerna's healing past turn 20 in any map, and Return is a huge boon in any escape map. My opinion of Izerna has improved, but Owen's still awesome.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So you meant specifically who’s in last?

Yeah, exactly. I mean, one of my favorite characters already ended up there. I'm excited to see if another one does, and then I can call myself the FE fanbase's number 1 hipster. Or something.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The most important debate of the century, Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, with other things but there are always five things going on at once. 

What Sooks means is that he thinks A Series of Unfortunate Events is the best children’s series of all time.

Edited by Wraith

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe but it was a good foundation to start things.

That doesn’t make it a good story or even a good book.

Yeah but I don't trust J.K Rowling to do that good. We already saw the absolute fucking mess that is Fantastic Beasts.

Yeah...

Also people need to stop giving J.K Rowling money. 

Yeah.......

I don’t want to admit it, but... yeah.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, exactly. I mean, one of my favorite characters already ended up there. I'm excited to see if another one does, and then I can call myself the FE fanbase's number 1 hipster. Or something.

And here I am liking Byleth. What does that make me, the ultimate gen z of fe?

32 minutes ago, kuromiko said:

Yeah

Welcome! We talk about what games we’re playing usually, and often that leads to casual talks about the games themselves, especially rpgs.

25 minutes ago, Wraith said:

What Sooks means is that he thinks A Series of Unfortunate Events is the best children’s series of all time.

Heresy.

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And here I am liking Byleth. What does that make me, the ultimate gen z of fe?

I mean, if I recall correctly, you haven't played anything older than Awakening, isn't that right? That's pretty much gen z for FE, right there. Your boomerness increases as you go back, until you reach ultimate boomer: the Kaga elitist.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh ALSO female byleth > male byleth.

I'd like to say this is a hot take, but... I don't know, like Corrin and Robin, Femleth is the one that gets all the horny fanart. People seem to have gotten over the pre-release anger at her design. So... Eh. Lukewarm take?

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20210126_112258.jpg

Barrel time.

ooh let me know how it progresses! I wanna get that game, obviously, so lemme know if it's worth the money!

Edited by lightcosmo

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, if I recall correctly, you haven't played anything older than Awakening, isn't that right? That's pretty much gen z for FE, right there. Your boomerness increases as you go back, until you reach ultimate boomer: the Kaga elitist.

>fe6

>fe7

>fe8

>fe1

>the remake of the second game for whatever’s that is worth

>tried a bit of berwick

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd like to say this is a hot take, but... I don't know, like Corrin and Robin, Femleth is the one that gets all the horny fanart. People seem to have gotten over the pre-release anger at her design. So... Eh. Lukewarm take?

Wait people were upset about the design? Why..?

49 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Originally my Gamestop told me 26th would be the release date on their site until I got a new message a few days ago with the corrected date of delivery, the 29th.

it appears to be available on the US eShop right now (EU release would be the 29th per Nintendo Life). Then again, I don't get paid until two days from now, so not getting it...yet.

Story- and gameplay-wise, would an Atelier neophyte like me be missing a lot by getting part 2 ahead of 1?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I’d respond but I don’t know what half of the terms are.

Better than nothing, I guess.

I know it's no Trails or Xeno talk. Those are the real conversation starters here.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Do I even bother to keep talking about CK2...

Yes! I read your posts! I just never have anything to contribute.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That doesn’t make it a good story or even a good book

I disagree but we're going in circles at this point.

2 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Story- and gameplay-wise, would an Atelier neophyte like me be missing a lot by getting part 2 ahead of 1?

Atelier stories are pretty simple but you'd probably get more out of the sequel if you play the first one first. Although so far, it doesn't seem necessary. Gameplay-wise, I'm already noticing some tweaks to the combat that improve on what the first game did so it could be better to play 1 before 2 in that regard.

F!Byleth, M!Byleth, no matter what you'll say about the design they're still the most disappointing and unnecessarily avatar avatars in the series.

I still think a character could have been made from them, but we could only be so lucky.

Also @Acacia Sgt, as one of the people with minimal Trails (CSIII demo) and Xeno experience (Tried Xenogears for a few hours), other things are nice to be seeing, especially a game I have played as far back as 2012.

^

Anyway, I might actually prefer male Byleth. Idk, regardless of which one I prefer my opinion on them is about the same. I gave female Byleth the edge because she can romance all the lords. It was something that small.

But her design is stupid, so...

Edit: double ninja’d. Fantastic.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>fe6

>fe7

>fe8

>fe1

>the remake of the second game for whatever’s that is worth

>tried a bit of berwick

Whoops... Forgive me, my memory's bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait people were upset about the design? Why..?

Mainly, because it's horrible-looking. The stockings look awful in the artwork and even worse ingame, the belly window makes no sense, what even is that white thing on her neck, why does she have only one kneepad, high heels on a mercenary... The design's a complete mess. Then there's also the fact that it's an oddly fanservicey design for someone who's supposed to be a teacher, but then again, it's the same teacher that can flirt with her students, so... Eh.

...You know a pet peeve of mine with both Byleth designs? The knife. Why do they carry that purple knife around? What's it for? It never comes up, nobody ever acknowledges it and they never get to use a weapon that is even similar to it. They just have an obnoxious bright purple knife hanging from their belt, for no reason at all. Why?

9 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

it appears to be available on the US eShop right now (EU release would be the 29th per Nintendo Life). Then again, I don't get paid until two days from now, so not getting it...yet.

I’m genuinely curious as to what JRPGS you’d recommend people should play Karimlan?