Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not Laguna. Siefers gang, Raijin and Fujin, yes. 

Vivi, Squall, Tifa, Cloud, Aerith, Yuffie, CID, Setzer, Moogles, Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Zack.

Though Laguna was planned to appear. Basically, it was between him being in Dissidia Duodesum, or KH. They went with Dissidia. I believe they put Zack in his place. Not role-wise, however. Laguna was gonna be the caretaker of BBS's Mirage Arena.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Though Laguna was planned to appear. Basically, it was between him being in Dissidia Duodesum, or KH. They went with Dissidia. I believe they put Zack in his place.

Well, Zack was the MC on Crisis Core for PSP, so it was appropriate that he showed up on the PSP game.

Oh and of course Noctis for KH3 DLC, lol. 

This is a joke, but considering Yozora and Noctis look pretty much identical, its humorous. And of course the cutscene after you win or lose gives that feeling.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, Zack was the MC on Crisis Core for PSP, so it was appropriate that he showed up on the PSP game.

It might've not been an either of. But yeah, considering this was around the time KH decided FF characters were no longer as needed, if they had to only keep the one, best for Zack I guess.

It might've not been an either of. But yeah, considering this was around the time KH decided FF characters were no longer as needed, if they had to only keep the one, best for Zack I guess.

But the FF characters are in the DLC for KH3.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

But the FF characters are in the DLC for KH3.

After years of FF being pretty much non-existent in KH. Even KH3 shoved them to the DLC, in spite how at least Leon and his gang were quite important in the early games. 3 only had the statue cameos in the Olympus intro as the only acknowledgment FF had a role in KH. BEfore the DLC, that is.

After years of FF being pretty much non-existent in KH. Even KH3 shoved them to the DLC, in spite how at least Leon and his gang were quite important in the early games. 3 only had the statue cameos in the Olympus intro as the only acknowledgment FF had a role in KH. BEfore the DLC, that is.

I cant say for certain why they added them in, but they really dont much either way. 

But I thought it was at least fair to mention that they were at least present.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Lazy? More like a restrain. Otherwise... again. Djinn Storm followed by Charon. You'd want to face that? Cue spamming Lull...

Let me rephrase things... 100% scripting is "lazy". Semi-scripting is permissible, as in allowing for a random choice from a set of actions to be chosen from on a given turn, excluding certain actions the boss may use in other instances, but which is cannot or should not spam. To apply this to Dullahan,

• It could have a 33% chance of using Formina Sage (wonderful mistranslation) or Spark Plasma or a standard critical hit on turn 3.
  • But Djinn Storm could only be used on turn 1 and every 10th turn thereafter, and Charon on the 2nd turn, and every 10th turn after the 2nd thereafter.
  • If you have stat boosts applied, then Break has a 25% chance of being used on turn 3, reducing the above three options to a 25% each.
  • What of turns 4-9? Well they could be semi-random too. But some or all of them could draw from a different set of skills than the turn 3 set. Maybe turn 4 gets rid of Spark Plasma and Formina Sage and adds Haunt and Mother Gaia.

This is possible. I've seen it done before. Just Scylla, the Blizzard King, and the Eternal Tyrant to name a few.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So would that be a likely-yes on squads and fleshed out home bases in a Genealogy remake?

IS's new dilemma, what constitutes keeping Genealogy "traditional"?

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not Laguna. Siefers gang, Raijin and Fujin, yes. 

Vivi, Squall, Tifa, Cloud, Aerith, Yuffie, CID, Setzer, Moogles, Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Zack.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yuna, Rikku, Paine. 

Thank you for the list.😀

Lots of VII, VIII (but why no Rinoa if her lover and jealous wannabe lover are around?), a fan-favorite of IX, Nomura's VI creation, X and X-2. 

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Oh and of course Noctis for KH3 DLC, lol. 

This is a joke, but considering Yozora and Noctis look pretty much identical, its humorous. And of course the cutscene after you win or lose gives that feeling.

I don't want to get into who is more to blame, Square management for entrusting Nomura with too much, or Nomura himself for being "boundless" in his creativity. But this tells you he was hurting at the loss of the Versus XIII painting he never got to finish. Dreamers can be nice people, but economics are a reality, and video games are not the cheapest artistic medium to work in.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I cant say for certain why they added them in, but they really dont much either way. 

But I thought it was at least fair to mention that they were at least present.

To be fair, as more and more OC's were added, FF was feeling a bit superfluous. Zack was the new FF char they've added, and it's been years since then.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(but why no Rinoa if her lover and jealous wannabe lover are around?)

I think it's implied she does exist, via that letter Leon receives at the end of KHII... but yeah, no actual appearance yet if ever.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for the list.😀

Lots of VII, VIII (but why no Rinoa if her lover and jealous wannabe lover are around?), a fan-favorite of IX, Nomura's VI creation, X and X-2. 

Ummm, probably cause the fan bias?

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't want to get into who is more to blame, Square management for entrusting Nomura with too much, or Nomura himself for being "boundless" in his creativity. But this tells you he was hurting at the loss of the Versus XIII painting he never got to finish. Dreamers can be nice people, but economics are a reality, and video games are not the cheapest artistic medium to work in.

I cant say for certain, but he is definitely Noctis 2.0

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, as more and more OC's were added, FF was feeling a bit superfluous. Zack was the new FF char they've added, and it's been years since then.

This is true. Sad, but true. 

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Ummm, probably cause the fan bias?

More like Nomura only added characters he designed. Hence why Setzer is in. Vivi was demanded to be in, but otherwise, it was Nomura's creation or bust.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Vivi was demanded to be in, but otherwise, it was Nomura's creation or bust.

It took literally best character being pushed to get something that wasn't designed by Nomura.

I didn't know Vivi was in it at all.

Huh.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More like Nomura only added characters he designed. Hence why Setzer is in. Vivi was demanded to be in, but otherwise, it was Nomura's creation or bust.

I was kinda making fun, there, I didn't actually mean it.

But maybe? I dunno, although that doesnt explain why they needed Noctis and crew 2.0 that would be, Cor and the other person I cant remember.

25 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I was kinda making fun, there, I didn't actually mean it.

But maybe? I dunno, although that doesnt explain why they needed Noctis and crew 2.0 that would be, Cor and the other person I cant remember.

Are you wondering why Yozora exists instead of just using Noctis? It's probably because Nomura is using Kingdom Hearts as a medium to remake Versus XIII, even if he acts like he isn't.

Though as a Xeno fan, I probably shouldn't judge him too much for that. At least Takahashi made a new series when trying to redo Xenogears.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Are you wondering why Yozora exists instead of just using Noctis? It's probably because Nomura is using Kingdom Hearts as a medium to remake Versus XIII, even if he acts like he isn't.

Though as a Xeno fan, I probably shouldn't judge him too much for that. At least Takahashi made a new series when trying to redo Xenogears.

I mean, I'll admit, he is a much more badass version of Noctis, at least. And his VA did an amazing job as well. 

And yeah, we all know he wants to make Versus XIII happen someday. Maybe it'll be the next KH game!

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @Shrimperor @lightcosmo so i came across this bit of trivia from Xenoblade 2's art book that i didn't know before, mainly because i never saw it translated (but it does have visual spoilers)

Spoiler

EutKxRzVoAAxcTv?format=jpg&name=medium

You've probably seen this image before but CHOCO (the illustrator) did put in her own personal headcanon regarding the meaning of this image.

EutLF8gVoAI1tR0?format=jpg&name=large

""From a past much more distant than 500 years, a Driver engaged with KOS MOS and T-elos challenged themself to reach the top of the World Tree, failed in their pursuit, and perished. Thus, the pair fell down into the Cloud Sea of Alrest"

This is then followed up by the last conversation KOS-MOS and T-elos have before returning to their Cores

KOS MOS: "T-Elos, unfortunately it appears the information regarding my memories of you are disappearing."

T-elos: "We have an unbreakable bond..we will meet again."

It's funny because T-elos is super antagonistic towards KOS-MOS in Xenosaga 3.

But like i mentioned above, CHOCO considers this more of a personal headcanon rather than something that actually happened. 

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @Shrimperor @lightcosmo so i came across this bit of trivia from Xenoblade 2's art book that i didn't know before, mainly because i never saw it translated (but it does have visual spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

You've probably seen this image before but CHOCO (the illustrator) did put in her own personal headcanon regarding the meaning of this image.

""From a past much more distant than 500 years, a Driver engaged with KOS MOS and T-elos challenged themself to reach the top of the World Tree, failed in their pursuit, and perished. Thus, the pair fell down into the Cloud Sea of Alrest"

This is then followed up by the last conversation KOS-MOS and T-elos have before returning to their Cores

KOS MOS: "T-Elos, unfortunately it appears the information regarding my memories of you are disappearing."

But like i mentioned above, CHOCO considers this more of a personal headcanon rather than something that actually happened. 

Wait, CHOCO is a woman?

I have seen that before, yes. I actually collected some interesting trivia from the artbook, but I never posted it. Here are some particularly interesting facts, you can let me know if you want to hear anything about a specific character:

• Rex and Pyra were the first characters designed, though Saito considers Pyra's design to be the "smoothest." Despite being designed earlier, Pyra was designed with being Mythra's other half in mind.
  • Dromarch was given a mane for Nia to grab while she's riding him.
  • Mòrag originally had a cape, but it was cut for being hard to animate.
  • Zeke originally had a katana, but he got a larger sword instead because Jin already had one.
  • Jin and Malos were designed with contrasting color schemes (Jin is white, Malos is black).
  • Though Malos's personal Siren is just called "Siren" in-game, the artbook calls it "Black Siren".
Spoiler
  • Pneuma has a ponytail because Saito wanted to give her long hair while also distinguishing her hairstyle from Mythra's.
  • Poppi QTπ is based on Pneuma.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Wait, CHOCO is a woman?

*Googles*

Well.....TIL that CHOCO is a man.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Dromarch was given a mane for Nia to grab while she's riding him.

Now this i didn't know before. That's kinda cute.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ooooh, thanks for sharing this! Will comment later, tired now, haha.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Neat. Something to connect the duo, even a headcanon that doesn't really seem to contradict the overall world, is nice. The one issue is explaining how Kossy's core ended up in Gormott/other early place where a lucky bastard got her waaaaaay sooner than expected.

44 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Zeke originally had a katana, but he got a larger sword instead because Jin already had one.

Although, a big sword does mean Zeke has some overlap with Rex, I was slightly annoyed by the sameness. But I guess this means there is room for only one Katana Badass per Xeno.

Not sure what I'd give Zeke instead if I had to change it. Morag is already dual-wielding. Zeke with a cannon/rifle would be too different.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer