• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ultimate Fire Emblem test i3ljwV4.jpg

Well look at these three brothers. Which one is playable!? Which one could it be guys!? I mean just have no idea...

Edited by Sooks

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I guess it’s fe4 time.

Now Sooks is joining in on the FE4 fun...This is getting kinda exciting...maybe I should take a Dark Souls 2 breather to play some good old fashion genealogy too...

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wait does he have capped sword rank? Sigood.

Yes, but weapon ranks work really differently in this game, as the are set by you class and holy blood...

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wait are there battle saves in this one? “Select a save file to record at the beginning of every turn.”

A good rule of thumb is one save for chapter start, one at each castle seize, and one for the autosave.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Okay no, maybe I'll just buy him a slim sword. I dunno, he's just dumb. And I've heard Ares is even worse!

If you flub up with Julia in the endgame, you may need those three swordsman (Seliph included...) trained up to deal with Julius...

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, Tristan's bad. Radney and Rodwhatever are fine, but Tristan's just horrible in every way. "Triste" in Spanish means "sad", so I guess it's fitting.

I seem to remember him having a strength boosting secret event to help him out. Its nothing like the +5 strength Dimna got last chapter from visitng his home castle, but it helps...

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think the game wants me to ship Aideen with Azel.

Jokes on the game, I don’t know how to do that!

You can't even start shipping in the prologue. Plus I prefer her with a bowman. Although you should try shipping Azel with someone for that brief ending mention of the Fire Emblem...

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Canon... pairings..?

There are certain pairing that get acknowledged in game with talk conversations, although there are generally multiple for each of the child bearing women, so how "canon" that makes them is up for some serious debate

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Not like Speed does anything for him, considering he has no Pursuit.

He does learn THE POWER OF PURSUIT (I know anyone who isn't being goofy should sell that thing off to one of their better units...)

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well, that’s the prologue done. That was fun. Should I be investing in Sigurd? I sort of gave him half the map.

Shrug. You can deploy everyone, and people have found a way to solo the first generation with everyone, so use who you want, and have fun. Sigurd is great, and if you want to use him, why not.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

It doesn't work for me and Yakuza

I know there were no biters for my Dark Souls talk either. If I had a Yakuza game I probably would have tried to join in, but I...don't have one..

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Now Sooks is joining in on the FE4 fun...This is getting kinda exciting...maybe I should take a Dark Souls 2 breather to play some good old fashion genealogy too...

We’ll make an fe4 cult bigger than the one that I think maybe shows up in gen 2.

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There are certain pairing that get acknowledged in game with talk conversations, although there are generally multiple for each of the child bearing women, so how "canon" that makes them is up for some serious debate

Is there a list of these?

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I know there were no biters for my Dark Souls talk either.

I am actually interested in playing a Dark Souls game, just when I have time to rage.

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If I had a Yakuza game I probably would have tried to join in, but I...don't have one..

Well, Yakuza 0 is about 20 USD on steam...And boy, that one's probably the best. (Well, IMO.) It's the prequel, so unless you're specifically looking for the turn-based mayhem of Like a dragon, 0 is the way to go.

@Interdimensional Observer @Shrimperor @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo so you remember that brief moment in Xenoblade 2 when you're fighting the Tantalese guards? It turns out those random-ass guards are voiced by the Adam Howden, voice of Shulk.

I just learned this because I'm catching up on Chuggaaconry's LP of Xenoblade 2 and he just casually mentions how he contacted Adam Howden to confirm this (even shows a screenshot of the text message).

Yes, it was pretty weird that they casted Adam Howden as a random generic NPC voice and no one else (besides the DLC anyway). And people say that XC2 has bad voice direction! I liked how Chugga said it was "rumored" even though I never once heard anyone say anything about it beforehand.

And I know nothing about casually contacting Xenoblade voice actors, why would I?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @Shrimperor @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo so you remember that brief moment in Xenoblade 2 when you're fighting the Tantalese guards? It turns out those random-ass guards are voiced by the Adam Howden, voice of Shulk.

I just learned this because I'm catching up on Chuggaaconry's LP of Xenoblade 2 and he just casually mentions how he contacted Adam Howden to confirm this (even shows a screenshot of the text message).

Huh, I never would have noticed that! He does a great job, then!

Last handful of book pages read, and I finished watching the longplay. Historical knowledge increased, reassessment of my treasured past circa 2004 completed  What didn't I do today- play a single video game.😑 

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It turns out those random-ass guards are voiced by the Adam Howden, voice of Shulk.

I guess they couldn't foresee their own demise?

As for a little something XC2 I randomly found an hour ago.:

"JPN: では ハナはとてもアダルトになるのでセクシーな服にして欲しいですも
So, since Poppi will become a big adult, Poppi wants sexy clothes!"

The officially localized English sentence above tones down the language. What I posted is a direct translation of the Japanese.

Found that here, although the link contains XC2 Chapter 8 SPOILERS!

“Village lore dictates that should that ever happen, calamity will befall the world.”

...inb4 Sigurd’s hormones cause the entire plot... *sigh*

Edited by Sooks

Became a Galactic Knight in Xenoblade X before starting Ch.5.

Early game definitely isn't as brutal the second time.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for a little something XC2 I randomly found an hour ago.:

"JPN: では ハナはとてもアダルトになるのでセクシーな服にして欲しいですも
So, since Poppi will become a big adult, Poppi wants sexy clothes!"

The officially localized English sentence above tones down the language. What I posted is a direct translation of the Japanese.

Found that here, although the link contains XC2 Chapter 8 SPOILERS!

Oh yeah, I did see this as well. Basically showing that Pyra saying "you gotta be modest" is an ironic joke in all versions.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

“Village lore dictates that should that ever happen, calamity will befall the world.”

...inb4 Sigurd’s hormones cause the entire plot... *sigh*

If only Siggy had listened to the sagely gentleman who warned him, eh?

The funny thing is that this was the best course of action. Dierdre was gonna be found sooner or later, considering she herself was leaving the forest that was meant to protect her anyway...

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Became a Galactic Knight in Xenoblade X before starting Ch.5.

Early game definitely isn't as brutal the second time.

I noticed that as well. Makes class selection seem a lot more forgiving and more flexible, if you have a mix & match weapons & skills plan in mind in advance, it doesn't take terribly long to put it into practice.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If Maera wanted kids, should've just adopted.

That possibility had actually escaped my mind. And being the religious type, why not start an orphanage? Ought to be plenty of survivors of the child hunts who didn't reach the point of their souls being sold yet, and who probably could never reunite with their parents.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I thought this plot was supposed to be good...

There is not a story in the world which hasn't been perforated with a 12 gauge shotgun at some point. And never without at least a modicum of fair criticism.