Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not everyone. Once is enough for me, maybe more if I could just jump to Gen 2 with whatever breeding I wanted. But Gen 1's story can't get me to run through it again, the gameplay is a bit too boggy for that.

Saint Rubenio, Sooks, Twilit and think Benice seem to be playing it. Me? I busy reading classic literature. Right now I’m in the middle of The Jungle Book, before I move on to other books like Gulliver’s Travels and White Fang.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Wraith said:

Saint Rubenio, Sooks, Twilit and think Benice seem to be playing it. Me? I busy reading classic literature. Right now I’m in the middle of The Jungle Book, before I move on to other books like Gulliver’s Travels and White Fang.

Eltosian Kadath as well.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sometimes it's a good thing to step away from the electric screen and engage in a little menial labor. All the shoveling this month from the snowfalls was tiring yet exhilarating good for me.

You'd think that.

I ended up thinking on Berwick on my walk out of nowhere today. And no, it was not me gushing about everything.

I just accept when I'm not the most positive when out walking in fairness, usually gets me to elaborate on things to myself honestly. A way to declutter something without bothering at home. But I am unsure how the topic of my ire happened today to be honest, I can't think of any real reason for it and I wasn't reading about it earlier.

What I find interesting is besides Karl Edward Wagner and Junji Ito’s modern horror stories, I’m actually going back and reading some classic literature. It’s a nice break from all the fantasy and Ballard’s short stories I’ve been reading lately.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Awakening is distinct

ly bad. The map design is good awful, and the Fates map designers know what fun is, so shouldn’t they be counted separately? Awakening is so bad it’s its own entity, incomparable to Fates 😛

It goes where no fe goes in terms of quality, that’s pretty distinct/new/original.

Ahahahahahahahahah... A part of me wants to concede the point. I'm still all too unfamiliar with the game, however. And, honestly? The way everyone speaks of it, I think it'll stay that way for a long time.

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not everyone. Once is enough for me, maybe more if I could just jump to Gen 2 with whatever breeding I wanted. But Gen 1's story can't get me to run through it again, the gameplay is a bit too boggy for that.

Yeah, I don't see much replay value to Genealogy, to be honest. Gen 2 has the substitutes, at least, but Gen 1 is the same every single time. Not to mention, I imagine all the backtracking would feel even worse on a replay.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Finn just saved himself by dodging a 66 and a 67. Very nice.

If his health is 10 or below he gets extra hidden evade from the Prayer skill; +10 avoid for every point his health he is below 11, so +10 at 10 HP, up to +100 for 1 HP. That only lasts for the turn he is dropped to that level of health, so being at 1 HP doesn't make him invincible, and you can't cheese it with the arena either....

Asaello is a funny name.

Jeez, though. Blume's pulling all the stops, isn't he? He threw Chagall's bastard son at us, he threw one of the three minor bosses with a unique portrait at us, he threw the dumb sisters at us again, he threw funny name man at us, and now...

...Oh, God, no. Not her. I've heard things about her! No!

Ahhh Finn can take her.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

What if i like 3H and Berwick, though? What does that make me?

An anomaly.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Oh, God, no. Not her. I've heard things about her! No!

If it is who i think it is, then yeah she was trouble.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

An anomaly.

Considering how i like the modern games and Kaga games while hating the GBA/DS ones...

Yeah, you might be right. Not many hold an opinion similiar to mine xD

Wait-- She took the legendary weapon from Blume?

Hahahahahah... Hell fucking yes. The old man's a sitting duck now! Thanks, Ishy! Now, be a darling and walk yourself to the sharp end of Finn's brave lance.

I am more and more starting to feel like the only person who doesn't like the pixel-smoothing filters here. 

1 minute ago, Spara said:

I am more and more starting to feel like the only person who doesn't like the pixel-smoothing filters here. 

The what?

It's kinda funny, since I basically like 1/2 FEs: I enjoy 2, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, BR, 15.

*I have not tried 1, 3, 12, 13 or CQ.

Julia just started speaking really slowly and ominously and explicitly warned me not to fight her.

Okay, maybe Finn can't take her... But that won't stop me from trying! Ahahahahahahah...! I'm going to regret this, am I.

...Oh fuck, she's following Asaello around, how am I supposed to recruit him like this!?

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

To join in the FE4 posting...

From time to time i go and randomize FE4. 
Yhhc6GQ.png
Ruben's fav. got a pony

Yes. Now he's viable. Perfect.

6 minutes ago, Spara said:

I'm rather picky with my pixel-smoothing filters. There's this very precise sweet spot that satisfies me, and everything else looks awful. Shrimpy's filter, for instance, makes the game look like the screen is wet. Usually every time I set up a new emulator it takes me a bit of time tinkering with the filters to find the right one.

Then there's Berwick Saga, which I play on native resolution. Upscaling the game makes the pixels stand out far too much among the smooth magic effects and HUD, and it causes glitches on my end, so I just turned bilinear texture filtering on. I'd rather have a somewhat blurry game than a bunch of pixels, personally.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Oh fuck, she's following Asaello around, how am I supposed to recruit him like this!?

Oh yeah, he's not a unit who can 1-shot Ishtar.

Oh, that will be fun /s

Spoiler

You can wait her out.

Ares might also be an option. Although I don't know if yours is that strong.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My Ethlyn was a boss killer. Every time i send her to weaken some boss she just wrecks them with her Light Brand XD

Nice.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This is not the person I expected to hear tanking Ayra.

Nice.

It was a very welcome surprise to me, ngl. Now to have her become my boss killer as well, haha.

Fuck yeah, uber sage got distracted by Oifey's attempt to sneak past her and stopped tailing Asaello.

The only problem is that the upper village is going to die, no questions asked. Oh well. Couldn't be anything too important, right?

Also, she's still in the way. I hope she leaves soon, I'd rather not be waiting here the rest of my life. Or worse, have to backtrack.