Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh my God Ovo. Third round of reinforcements and I only managed to kill one bolting bastard. At least it was the commander... That'll make the other two slightly less reli-- Oh, never mind, there goes Ares.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Deirdre just got kidnapped right next to the entire army and went inside Alec and no one did anything.

Cheating on Sigurd on her way out? Smh.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Cheating on Sigurd on her way out? Smh.

I mean she might have just gone through the horse if she’s really short. But someone should have said hey, the evil cult leader is kidnapping a party member. Even though everyone could see anyway and could have attacked, regardless of her new semi-permeability.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I mean she might have just gone through the horse if she’s really short.

Well that just makes it even worse.

It almost looked like I'd won for a second. Then Blume sniped Finn.

Fuck it, I'll do it tomorrow. Guess I'll have no choice but to withdraw, wait them out and focus on Ovo this time... and let the brigand eat up a second village. Sigh...

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

THOSE PROMOTION BONUSES

SEVEN STRENGTH

The weapon ranks are amazing too...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God Ovo. Third round of reinforcements and I only managed to kill one bolting bastard. At least it was the commander... That'll make the other two slightly less reli-- Oh, never mind, there goes Ares.

Alright, that is getting kinda funny.

Time for the next ironman update. We have our first death, in what can only be described as a dumb move I accidentally waited with Dierdre instead of having her use the Silence staff like intended, which led to Dew being roasted with siege magic. I ended up doing that two more timed over the coarse of the map(thankfully no extra casualties, but I did get to see the Dierdre and Sandima battle convo thanks to that blunder), playing it a little slow to make recruiting Jamke safer, and wasted all of the silence uses being a goofball trying to give the Sandima kill to Arden (he missed both attempts I gave him, so Ayra got it instead. Also spent an extra turn warping Lex's brave axe, Jamke, and Dierdre back to the main castle for extra arenaing, so I finish it at...turn 51 (so 71 overall)...

Well here is the unit breakdown

Spoiler

Sigurd Lv 14.33  HP 46  STR 21 MAG 00  SKL 17  SPD 14  LCK 09  DEF 11  RES 04

Noish  Lv 07.65  HP 36  STR 13 MAG 00  SKL 08  SPD 08  LCK 05  DEF 11  RES 00

Alec     Lv 05.46  HP 35  STR 09 MAG 00  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 05  DEF 07  RES 00

Arden  Lv 06.61  HP 37  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 05  SPD 04  LCK 03  DEF 14  RES 00

Azel     Lv 06.72  HP 35  STR 00 MAG 11  SKL 08  SPD 12  LCK 02  DEF 02  RES 06

Lex      Lv 12.60  HP 40  STR 13 MAG 01  SKL 11  SPD 11  LCK 10  DEF 12  RES 00

Quan   Lv 09.08  HP 39  STR 20 MAG 01  SKL 12  SPD 12  LCK 05  DEF 13  RES 03

Finn     Lv 07.70  HP 35  STR 11 MAG 00  SKL 10  SPD 12  LCK 12  DEF 10  RES 00

Ethlyn  Lv 09.93  HP 33  STR 06 MAG 09  SKL 12  SPD 16  LCK 11  DEF 06  RES 07

Midir    Lv 07.42  HP 35  STR 11 MAG 01  SKL 09  SPD 10  LCK 03  DEF 08  RES 00

Aideen Lv 08.60  HP 33  STR 00 MAG 13  SKL 08  SPD 09  LCK 14  DEF 01  RES 10

Ayra      Lv 08.88  HP 35  STR 12 MAG 00  SKL 17  SPD 20  LCK 04  DEF 10  RES 01

Jamke  Lv 10.97  HP 40  STR 13 MAG 00  SKL 14  SPD 16  LCK 05  DEF 10  RES 00

Dierdre  Lv 07.51  HP 28  STR 01 MAG 16  SKL 09  SPD 13  LCK 07  DEF 03  RES 20

15 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alright, that is getting kinda funny.

It's entirely my fault, too. I just let Ovo run because the healers kept blocking Finn. Goodness, what a nuisance.

16 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Dew

Good luck with chapter 4. That's going to be fun.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, it would be possible to revive him.

Oh yeah, that's true. Save the Valkyria to save yourself 100 extra turns at Silesse.

Unless Claude dies. Sucks to be Eltosian if that happens.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well that just makes it even worse.

You blame her for suddenly being a ghost!? Shame!

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It almost looked like I'd won for a second. Then Blume sniped Finn.

Fuck it, I'll do it tomorrow. Guess I'll have no choice but to withdraw, wait them out and focus on Ovo this time... and let the brigand eat up a second village. Sigh...

Use a save state!

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The weapon ranks are amazing too...

She now has a silver axe, silver bow, and silver lance, and is now my second best unit if her arena performance says anything. Thanks for telling me to use her (and @Benice too I think, thank you).

which led to Dew being roasted with siege magic.

F

At least it was a character who didn’t have a character... and who’s introduction and integration into the cast and overall role in the plot are bad from my point in the story, both from what’s already happened and what I think will happen. 

Edit: I thought you said Deirdre. The whole thing is now irrelevant.

Edited by Sooks

Today I learned that there is a Yakuza game set in 1853.

And also they turned a rock song into this:

I don't know how to feel about this.

(For reference, the original:)

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Use a save state!

Why would I need to? I've got saves at the start of every turn! I can just try and try again as many times as I want!

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

At least it was a character who didn’t have a character... and who’s introduction and integration into the cast and overall role in the plot are bad from my point in the story, both from what’s already happened and what I think will happen.

Believe you me, it doesn't matter who he is or how bad a character he is - he is vital. Vital. It is imperative that he lives to chapter 4, at the very least. I wouldn't be telling you if it wasn't something that you absolutely need to know. We'll go back to that when you get there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Why would I need to? I've got saves at the start of every turn! I can just try and try again as many times as I want!

Right of course. I load save states just because they’re faster... and also use them mid turn. >.<

Believe you me, it doesn't matter who he is or how bad a character he is - he is vital. Vital. It is imperative that he lives to chapter 4, at the very least. I wouldn't be telling you if it wasn't something that you absolutely need to know. We'll go back to that when you get there.

....I read Dew as Deirdre...........

Just now, Sooks said:

....I read Dew as Deirdre...........

Yeah, well, Dew is more important than Deirdre. It is no exaggeration to say that he saves you like 40 turns of just walking through a mountain. You need him.

Yeah, well, Dew is more important than Deirdre. It is no exaggeration to say that he saves you like 40 turns of just walking through a mountain. You need him.

I wasn’t planning on letting a unit die anytime soon...

Is it just me or is "Thunderclap"...

...a variation of Silence?

Although that rhythm seems to show up in a lot of the game's songs. Wish I knew a thing or two about music, so I could notice all those subtle aspects that went into the soundtrack.

Edited by BrightBow

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If the mistake you make is mid-turn, you'll find the save states quite useful. I do anyway.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Is it just me or is "Thunderclap"...

...a variation of Silence?

Although that rhythm seems to show up in a lot of the game's songs. Wish I knew a thing or two about music, so I could notice all those subtle aspects that go into a soundtrack.

Hi, thank you for the views.

Now that you mention it, they do sound kinda similar. I don't know, I'm not musical expert myself. Leitmotifs seem to be used quite liberally in Berwick Saga, so it wouldn't surprised me.

All right, I have been just charging through this, but here we are 13 turns into chapter 2 (84 overall) and Heirhein is seized. The Nordian Knights are still alive (for now, they have been charging in, and taking up more of my healing resources than I would like, and one is at 2 health...), and I am probably a turn or two too slow for the bargain band (you really really have to rush it to make it, but I am going to be close..) I haven't even tried to have the infantry keep up, and even sent Ayra and Jamke (those two might end up as a pair...which is fine, as I don't think I have used that pairing either...)

Now for the unit recap...

Spoiler

Sigurd   Lv 16.77  HP 48  STR 23 MAG 00  SKL 17  SPD 14  LCK 10  DEF 11  RES 04

Noish    Lv 09.44  HP 37  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 09  SPD 08  LCK 05  DEF 12  RES 00

Alec       Lv 06.99  HP 36  STR 09 MAG 01  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 05  DEF 08  RES 00

Arden    Lv 07.23  HP 38  STR 16 MAG 00  SKL 05  SPD 05  LCK 03  DEF 14  RES 00

Azel       Lv 09.74  HP 37  STR 00 MAG 13  SKL 09  SPD 14  LCK 03  DEF 04  RES 06

Lex        Lv 16.72  HP 44  STR 13 MAG 02  SKL 12  SPD 12  LCK 10  DEF 14  RES 00

Quan     Lv 12.88  HP 42  STR 21 MAG 02  SKL 12  SPD 13  LCK 05  DEF 14  RES 04

Finn       Lv 10.66  HP 36  STR 11 MAG 00  SKL 11  SPD 13  LCK 14  DEF 12  RES 00

Ethlyn    Lv 12.21  HP 35  STR 08 MAG 09  SKL 12  SPD 19  LCK 11  DEF 06  RES 08

Midir      Lv 09.22  HP 36  STR 11 MAG 01  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 04  DEF 09  RES 00

Aideen   Lv 09.60  HP 34  STR 00 MAG 13  SKL 08  SPD 10  LCK 14  DEF 01  RES 10

Ayra        Lv 11.62  HP 37  STR 12 MAG 01  SKL 18  SPD 20  LCK 04  DEF 10  RES 01

Jamke    Lv 13.45  HP 42  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 14  SPD 16  LCK 06  DEF 11  RES 00

Dierdre    Lv 08.45  HP 29  STR 01 MAG 16  SKL 10  SPD 13  LCK 07  DEF 03  RES 20

Holyn       Lv 13.82  HP 41  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 18  SPD 17  LCK 01  DEF 11  RES 01

Lachesis Lv 03.33  HP26  STR 06 MAG 08  SKL 09  SPD 13  LCK 06  DEF 07  RES 09