Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You loss out on money next map (all your units get a certain amount of money on the next map for every castle remaining), and you lose out on rank.

Too much of a hassle to go back for it, but F nonetheless.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

....Does it actually progress from the end of Ep. 1?

Jeez, no wonder I'm staying in the wait camp.

I guess. It's more like an Episode 1.5 probably, if I had to guess.

It just sucks because they could've very easily made this for PS4 too. Instead they deadass said "we did not optimize it for PS4".

Again, this doesn't affect me personally because I think Final Fantasy is lame but it's more about the principle.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I guess. It's more like an Episode 1.5 probably, if I had to guess.

It just sucks because they could've very easily made this for PS4 too. Instead they deadass said "we did not optimize it for PS4".

I wasn't expecting the slap to be this quick honestly. From what it looks like, the game's doing a bit more with Yuffie that will likely end up poorly received. In the form of FFVIIIR1 Gaiden.

The moment FFVIIR was released when it was I expected the PS4 players would lose out, but it's here I see.

(smh nothing on Rift Apart, State of Play was weak)

Continuing on the disaster train here, lets gets some Fs for poor Holyn. What his death really came down to is how scattered my healers are, as I slowed Lachesis too much trying to milk some healing xp from the green goons around her as she walked, and Ethlyn was way too far behind by using her return staff to get others to the front lines soon, so Aideen was trying to keep the troops healthy, while they faced a hoard of swordsmen, archers, mages and cavaliers that were rushing in. Also my attempts to sneak in and kill the Ballita got fragmented before they could even start, as some of Erin's crew attacked them on their way to Evans, and I was honestly afraid they would fight me to the death there. Fortunately they didn't, and Lewyn recruited Erin just fine, but that left the ones that made the mountain trek with too little health to try for the Ballista kills. As one final note, Arden continues to miss the commander kills I try to setup for him...Well its turn 33 (104 overall), and we have taken Mackily...

Now for the unit review...

Spoiler

Sigurd   Lv 19.91  HP 51  STR 23 MAG 00  SKL 19  SPD 15  LCK 11  DEF 13  RES 04

Noish    Lv 10.85  HP 38  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 09  SPD 08  LCK 06  DEF 12  RES 00

Alec       Lv 07.96  HP 37  STR 09 MAG 01  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 06  DEF 08  RES 00

Arden    Lv 07.84  HP 38  STR 16 MAG 00  SKL 05  SPD 05  LCK 03  DEF 14  RES 00

Azel       Lv 10.60  HP 38  STR 00 MAG 13  SKL 09  SPD 14  LCK 03  DEF 04  RES 06

Lex        Lv 19.98  HP 47  STR 14 MAG 02  SKL 13  SPD 12  LCK 12  DEF 14  RES 00

Quan     Lv 15.30  HP 44  STR 22 MAG 02  SKL 12  SPD 14  LCK 06  DEF 15  RES 04

Finn       Lv 12.45  HP 37  STR 12 MAG 00  SKL 12  SPD 14  LCK 15  DEF 12  RES 01

Ethlyn    Lv 14.93  HP 35  STR 08 MAG 09  SKL 14  SPD 19  LCK 11  DEF 06  RES 09

Midir      Lv 10.75  HP 36  STR 12 MAG 01  SKL 11  SPD 11  LCK 04  DEF 10  RES 00

Aideen   Lv 11.40  HP 36  STR 00 MAG 13  SKL 08  SPD 10  LCK 16  DEF 01  RES 10

Ayra        Lv 11.73  HP 37  STR 12 MAG 01  SKL 18  SPD 20  LCK 04  DEF 10  RES 01

Jamke    Lv 13.83  HP 42  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 14  SPD 16  LCK 06  DEF 11  RES 00

Lachesis Lv 06.08  HP28  STR 10 MAG 08  SKL 11  SPD 13  LCK 06  DEF 08  RES 10

Lewyn      Lv 10.32  HP38  STR 02 MAG 12  SKL 14  SPD 20  LCK 08  DEF 05  RES 10

Sylvia       Lv 02.70  HP29  STR 03 MAG 00  SKL 04  SPD 12  LCK 07  DEF 01  RES 05

Beowolf   Lv 11.05  HP39  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 11  SPD 12  LCK 04  DEF 10  RES 00

Erin           Lv 6.00  HP 32  STR 11 MAG 01  SKL 12  SPD 18  LCK 07  DEF 09  RES 09

My bedroom calendar show that the Jewish holiday of Purim begins tonight, and continues through tomorrow.

I went to some interfaith event my university held once, because Purim was happening around the day the event was held, the rabbi at the event chose to speak about the holiday. According to the rabbi, the meaning of Purim has two answers.:

• Long Answer- Read the Book of Esther, and contemplate what is good and what is evil. Reflect on what justice truly is, do not take things as one or another on face value.
  • Short Answer- Dress up, party, get so drunk you can't tell the difference between good and evil.🍻

A Jewish professor I had said some Jewish holidays are no-fun and depressing. Purim is the fun Jewish holiday, they look forward to it.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Today I learned that there is a Yakuza game set in 1853.

*Double checks the date*

The beginning of the end of the Tokugawa Shogunate after 250 years of rule, with the arrival of US Commodore Matthew Perry demanding Japan open up to foreigners.

Sounds like an interesting choice of date, it's literally as late as Early Modern Japan gets. Although waiting maybe a decade for the Japanese insecurity and heavy pressures to open up and Westernize and the stability of the Shogunate in question would possibly be even better.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

It's a shame that the mod has been abandoned. Jugdral on CK2 would be 10/10.

Meanwhile, in Civ V:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=8930&searchtext=fire+emblem+mods&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=home

If I had this game and knew had to mod, I'd get to work ASAP on an XCX "Miran civilization/NLA" mod.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

What’s that Midir? You think Bridget is pretty? Well, I have nothing better to base my pairings on! Become lovers, sure! Unless the council of teehee has something to say.

Anyway, chapter 3 is cleared. The plot now is seeming pretty random, ngl.

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

No. You can't get it because they're together now.

Dangit! I’ll just look it up.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like an interesting choice of date, it's literally as late as Early Modern Japan gets. Although waiting maybe a decade for the Japanese insecurity and heavy pressures to open up and Westernize and the stability of the Shogunate in question would possibly be even better.

According to wikipedia:

"Set in the chaotic Bakumatsu period between 1853 and 1867, Sakamoto Ryōma is distressed resulting from conflicting pressures and uncertainty about one's self and role in the society. Being embroiled in the middle of a Tosa coup d'état and bent on finding the murderer who assassinated his mentor, Ryoma burrows himself with a hidden identity in the streets of Kyoto and joins the grim Shinsengumi."

(Further links if you are interested; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryū_ga_Gotoku_Ishin!, https://yakuza.fandom.com/wiki/Ryu_ga_Gotoku_Ishin!)

Thinking about watching Transformers G1. 

My only experience with the franchise are the bad Michael Bay movies and a few episodes of Transformers Animated, a show which I would like to rewatch to see if it still holds up or if it's just a dumb dumb show for children.

Well, Anphony has been seized. On to Mackily and the rest of the chapter tomorrow most likely. Once the chapter's done, I'll have some rings to pass around. Paragon will go to Lachesis. Not sure where the others are going.

Ch. 2 is a slog, but at least the map theme is excellent. *chef's kiss*

Reminds me of Conquest in a way. Soft music that helps me chill while I play. I kind of prefer map themes like that.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thinking about watching Transformers G1. 

My only experience with the franchise are the bad Michael Bay movies and a few episodes of Transformers Animated, a show which I would like to rewatch to see if it still holds up or if it's just a dumb dumb show for children.

Ey, classic Transformers is dope. The movie is fantastic too.

Better than anything Bay ever did, not that that's a high standard.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Better than anything Bay ever did, not that that's a high standard.

I used to think that first one at least was decent but then I watched this video and realized that those movies are kinda racist.

Eh whatever, the Bumblebee movie exists, which I hear is the only legitimately good live-action Transformers movie. I think I'll watch that before going into G1.

So chapter 2 ends on turn 48 (so 119 overall). I waited 3 full turns just to see the silly conversation between Sigurd and Sylvia, as they were never quite in the right place for it. As a side note Dierdre is safe, as she is too important to the plot to be killed, only capture. Much to my surprise I got the Knight's band from chapter 2, Ethlyn grabbed all the village loot Lewyn and Sylvia left behind, Jamke got the Chagall kill after continuing his mountain-climbing all the way to Augusty, Lex is high enough level to promote (but wont until the start of next chapter) and Zane's rider's bane made things a little uncomfortable for a while, but we made it through. I think that will be all for the day...

Now onto the unit review

Spoiler

Sigurd   Lv 20.71  HP 52  STR 23 MAG 00  SKL 19  SPD 15  LCK 12  DEF 13  RES 04

Noish    Lv 11.28  HP 39  STR 16 MAG 00  SKL 09  SPD 08  LCK 06  DEF 12  RES 00

Alec       Lv 08.30  HP 38  STR 10 MAG 01  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 06  DEF 08  RES 00

Arden    Lv 08.30  HP 39  STR 16 MAG 00  SKL 05  SPD 05  LCK 03  DEF 14  RES 00

Azel       Lv 11.46  HP 38  STR 00 MAG 13  SKL 09  SPD 14  LCK 03  DEF 04  RES 06

Lex        Lv 21.20  HP 49  STR 15 MAG 02  SKL 15  SPD 13  LCK 13  DEF 15  RES 00

Quan     Lv 15.66  HP 45  STR 22 MAG 02  SKL 12  SPD 14  LCK 06  DEF 15  RES 04

Finn       Lv 14.97  HP 39  STR 14 MAG 01  SKL 13  SPD 14  LCK 16  DEF 13 RES 01

Ethlyn    Lv 14.93  HP 35  STR 08 MAG 09  SKL 14  SPD 19  LCK 11  DEF 06  RES 09

Midir      Lv 11.20  HP 36  STR 12 MAG 01  SKL 11  SPD 11  LCK 04  DEF 11  RES 00

Aideen   Lv 14.80  HP 39  STR 00 MAG 13  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 19  DEF 02  RES 10

Ayra        Lv 11.73  HP 37  STR 12 MAG 01  SKL 18  SPD 20  LCK 04  DEF 10  RES 01

Jamke    Lv 14.07  HP 43  STR 16 MAG 00  SKL 14  SPD 16  LCK 06  DEF 12  RES 01

Lachesis Lv 07.69  HP29  STR 11 MAG 08  SKL 11  SPD 13  LCK 07  DEF 08  RES 10

Lewyn      Lv 10.32  HP38  STR 02 MAG 12  SKL 14  SPD 20  LCK 08  DEF 05  RES 09

Sylvia       Lv 03.80  HP29  STR 03 MAG 00  SKL 04  SPD 12  LCK 07  DEF 01  RES 05

Beowolf   Lv 12.30  HP41  STR 16 MAG 00  SKL 11  SPD 12  LCK 05  DEF 10  RES 00

Erin           Lv 9.71 HP 34  STR 11 MAG 01  SKL 12  SPD 18  LCK 08  DEF 09  RES 09

Actually, since we're on that subject, here's the absolute funniest moment (ironically) in the entire Bayformers franchise because of how questionable it is.

And like, it is a real law in some places but like, Michael Bay really wanted us to know this information.

Bay's movies were trash anyway.

Why am I seeing a romance subplot play out in a film about warring sentient robots?

Transformers was never about the humans. It was always about the bots.

War for Cybertron was such a great game. Shame it was delisted from Steam for licensing something or another. At least the physical versions are pretty easy to nab anymore.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

My question is how that even relates to Transformers at all...

It doesn't.

Gets even funnier when you realize the actress for the daughter in this movie was 19 at the time, her character could've easily been of age and the whole scene could've been avoided but nope.

For a movie franchise based on a toy line, these movies are not that appropriate. 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

another cosmonaut variety hour fan?

Wait, you're one as well?

075.jpg

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Transformers was never about the humans. It was always about the bots.

Though it does depend on the story, i'm inclined to agree. From what i know, there are some Transformers media that are exclusively about the robots while others do have noteworthy human characters in them.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It doesn't.

Gets even funnier when you realize the actress for the daughter in this movie was 19 at the time, her character could've easily been of age and the whole scene could've been avoided but nope.

.....what?

Bay why?

Was the daughter 17 in the original story or her original incarnation?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, you're one as well?

075.jpg

Excellent.