• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Is Alec x Sylvia good? I mean, Alec isn’t, but actually talk, so...

..ehhh nevermind, I’m fine with Claude.

Edited by Sooks

Oh hell fucking yes. Leif promotes. Now nothing will get in the way of him and his angst.

Johalvier and Julia promote as well. Not too bad. Johalvier was actually the first to reach level 20. Who said Johan was the better brother, again?

Just now, Sooks said:

Pretty sure it's awful. Alec does absolutely nothing for his son, and Sylvia's daughter is worse than her substitute, so...

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, is it just me or is Cairpre's design in this game kinda weird? In his brief appearances in Thracia he wears about what you'd expect. Priestly vest and a cloak. Regular stuff. In Genealogy though? He wears a pajama shirt with... ropes hanging from his shoulders? What's up with that?

I'd assume it's some kind of vestment, but none of the official artworks have included them I think. Not even the first:

Spoiler

Page-87.jpg

Now that I think about, I remember having symbolic cords hanging around my neck during college graduation, I think.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pretty sure it's awful. Alec does absolutely nothing for his son, and Sylvia's daughter is worse than her substitute, so...

Look at my intuition being good! I thought about it and realized Claude is very mature so maybe hopefully he can help make Sylvia a better person. Plus they’re predestined, so sometime somewhere someone relating to the pairing is gonna have a talk with him I think. My intuition wasn’t about gameplay, but still.

Besides, I ship Alec with Arden.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Like Sylvia with anyone at all?

She's basically the Serra of FE4. I don't mind her that much.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

..ehhh nevermind, I’m fine with Claude.

That's actually the pairing I had in mind first, tbh.

You know, for all I was scared of trying to max out tactics in 11-main of MinRec?

Well, until recording it, I forgot I had that vanishstone from the wyrmspeaker....

Glad I remembered or I'd still be losing my sanity over it. 

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd assume it's some kind of vestment, but none of the official artworks have included them I think. Not even the first:

Hide contents

Page-87.jpg

I like how that Cairpre artwork looks nothing like Cairpre. Heck, that's closer to how he looks in Thracia 776.

Also, wow, Hannibal's absolutely majestic in that artwork.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now that I think about, I remember having symbolic cords hanging around my neck during college graduation, I think.

I guess that's it? Honestly, I kinda dig it, if only because it's unique. Just... a kid in his PJs with a rope on his shoulders, why the hell not.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Look at my intuition being good! I thought about it and realized Claude is very mature so maybe hopefully he can help make Sylvia a better person. Plus they’re predestined, so sometime somewhere someone relating to the pairing is gonna have a talk with him I think. My intuition wasn’t about gameplay, but still.

To be honest, gameplay-speaking, the best option is to just let Sylvia suffer a terrible accident before the end of gen 1. Both her substitute children are better than her regular children. Not by that much, but they have a couple of key advantages.

That being said, I've heard good things about Claude!Caipre, so by all means knock yourself out.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Besides, I ship Alec with Arden.

Bahahahahah! Best ship, right there.

Just now, Spara said:

You know, for all I was scared of trying to max out tactics in 11-main of MinRec?

Well, until recording it, I forgot I had that vanishstone from the wyrmspeaker....

Glad I remembered or I'd still be losing my sanity over it. 

Ohhhhhh, well, that's fortunate all right!

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

She's basically the Serra of FE4. I don't mind her that much.

At least Serra was good with Oswin.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's actually the pairing I had in mind first, tbh.

Which one?

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The Flash's next season comes out soon! That's something I'll be watching, hopefully its good!

Have you kept up with the rest of the seasons?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, gameplay-speaking, the best option is to just let Sylvia suffer a terrible accident before the end of gen 1. Both her substitute children are better than her regular children. Not by that much, but they have a couple of key advantages.

Do they marry villagers if you keep them alive but single?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bahahahahah! Best ship, right there.

I was actually being serious.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Pairing Alec with Sylvia gives us this.

Bwahahahahahahah... The new translation changed the second part of the translation.

Honestly, I think it was a loss.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Do they marry villagers if you keep them alive but single?

Uh... Kind of. You'll see. It's difficult to keep people from marrying, in any case. I was actively trying to avoid it and everyone still married behind my back. I had to kill everyone off at the end!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was actually being serious.

So was I.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Am I supposed to be able to make sense of the holy blood chart that comes up when I look at a unit?

Pretty sure it impacts growths or something, and if the holy blood is shining real bigly the unit can use the corresponding legendary weapon. Beyond that, I've no idea.

29 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

must be bad then...

Nah, I just ship it.

I think that it's a mediocre pairing, but a dancer is a dancer.

And I think Coipre just kinda sucks regardless. But he can use Forseti now, so that's a thing that happens.

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On the other hand, if they weren't lovers yet, you might've accidentally triggered a secret conversation between Erin and Sylvia and automatically makes Sylvia marry Lewyn. Lewyn doesn't even get a say in the matter, it's hilarious.

No. That convo simply gives Fury + 25 points with Levin and Sylvia 50 points.

There is a conversation between Levin and Fury after the conquering of Silesia that will instantly hook them up. Nothing secret about it, though.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, time to recruit Hannibal. I've heard it can be difficult, so wish me luck. No matter what it takes, I am not leaving chapter 9 without a general.

It's most certainly harder if Celice isn't mounted yet.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Have you kept up with the rest of the seasons?

Of course, why else would I bring it up? Xd

I'm pretty hyped for it, as I thought that the story has been solid so far, although season 1 is still top imo.

Ahh, man. Here we go. I put myself in a horrible place already. And it would've turned out okay, if Shanan hadn't decided to Astra Hannibal, because that's exactly what I wanted him to do. Bah...

Well, I'm not resetting. Took me 40 minutes to get through the arenas, I'm not doing it again. I'll just redo this turn until Hannibal survives it.

Maybe I should sacrifice Tristan.

Just now, Wraith said:

Everyone’s talking about FE 4, yet I’m almost completely indifferent about it.

You say that as if it was anything new.

Three siege tome users right next to each other? Why Kaga?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Of course, why else would I bring it up? Xd

I'm pretty hyped for it, as I thought that the story has been solid so far, although season 1 is still top imo.

Yeah, season 1 was really good. I’m one of those people who lost interest after the next two were a bit too similar, though. I watched season 4 and I liked that one more, so maybe I will watch this one. Although I kinda forgot if there’s any overarching plot other than Nora? I think is her name.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You say that as if it was anything new.

Sometimes I’m just surprised by how much I’ve changed in the decade since I beat FE 4, my favorite game in the series.