• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So I did all this experimenting thinking that I could just paste my OG essay in, get the same score, and then roll with that as my grade.

I deleted everything and then pasted in my earlier essay... and my score was 0.4 points lower than the original.

😤.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Tellius character ages are in the Tellius Recollection. Check here:

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/07/31/fire-emblem-por-tellius-recollection-scantranslation-compilation-post/
https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/fire-emblem-rd-tellius-recollection-vol-2-scantranslation-compilation-post/

On that subject, Sigrun is one year older than Tanith. Yeah, the short hair is making you think otherwise...

I know well about those ("apparent" in most cases) ages, but I can't take Bastian's seriously, he looks way older than 27 to me. Turns out I also forgot Renning.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On that subject, Sigrun is one year older than Tanith. Yeah, the short hair is making you think otherwise. The serious/stern look likely isn't helping either.

I think I'll drop Tanith from those considerations, though maybe I shouldn't. Either way I can see the two Holy Guard leaders getting hitched and Sanaki declaring them her goddessparents.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pent and Louise don't tho imo since neither of their children was born during the events of Blazing Blade.

There is that, but I know well their supports with Erk. They, Louise in particular, treats him as if he was their son. That blurs things kinda.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is that, but I know well their supports with Erk. They, Louise in particular, treats him as if he was their son. That blurs things kinda.

Hmm that does kinda blur things. I always figured that Pent and Louise were in their mid-20s. Maybe not.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know well about those ("apparent" in most cases) ages, but I can't take Bastian's seriously, he looks way older than 27 to me. Turns out I also forgot Renning.

Well, "apparent" is mostly the Laguz (designed age, basically) and branded (like Soren). Well, Look =/= Being. How one act, dress, etc. can certainly influence how people perceive their age to be.

I think I'll drop Tanith from those considerations, though maybe I shouldn't. Either way I can see the two Holy Guard leaders getting hitched and Sanaki declaring them her goddessparents.

Well, by RD they're both in their late 20's. Still doesn't count?

I mean, why else both showed up together for the Bridal Festival in Heroes. The whole "We're here to guard the Empress" is just a convenient cover-up.

Well, one can act like a parent towards someone younger without having the age gap for it. Which is likely the case between Pent and Louise and Erk. By Binding Blade they certainly qualify. Unless Pent by following Athos' footsteps has also become unconcerned on the matter of age...  and you can bet he'd make sure Louise ends the same.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

We should call this the "FE4 Thread".

FE4 Thread - The After Years

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Age is but a number!

Easy to say that in a giant robot. 😛

A little g-force aside, and reflexes for striking things dead and not getting struck dead, as long as the hydraulics (assuming giant robots would use them) are working and nothing jams up, piloting one shouldn't exert that much strain on the human body.

Reals would likely be more straining than supers, and of course the technology matters. "Conventional" techology would likely wear at someone physically more than a magical life-force system, or super hi-tech and possibly neural integration-upload stuff. Whether a heavier conventional-construction real would be worse than a lightweight conventional real on the human body? Not sure. Got some test subjects and mecha I could use to check? 

And thank you for reminding me of Sword That Smites/Cleaves Evil again. I keep telling myself to stay away from the SRWOGs soundtrack for when I finally get a gaming laptop to play it b/c it's been fan-translated now. I want leave some space so it can regain some freshness. And yet I'm too addicted to the bangin' Banpresto beats.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Easy to say that in a giant robot. 😛

A little g-force aside, and reflexes for striking things dead and not getting struck dead, as long as the hydraulics (assuming giant robots would use them) are working and nothing jams up, piloting one shouldn't exert that much strain on the human body.

Reals would likely be more straining than supers, and of course the technology matters, "conventional" tech would likely wear at someone physically more than a magical life-force or super hi-tech and possibly neural integration-upload stuff. Whether a heavier conventional-construction real would be worse than a lightweight conventional real on the human body? Not sure. Got some test subjects and mecha I could use to check? 

And thank you for reminding me of Sword That Smites/Cleaves Evil again. I keep telling myself to stay away from the SRWOGs soundtrack for when I finally get a gaming laptop to play it b/c it's been fan-translated now. I want leave some space so it can regain some freshness. And yet I'm too addicted to the bangin' Banpresto beats.

Hey, even in giant robots, you can face the reality of being old. As these guys had to deal in their anime of origin:

Still, no reason to not go on, aye?

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, for how beloved Transformers G1 is, the first three episodes are an awful first impression.

I didn't expect to be blown away but i expected a lot better.

Well the original Transformers cartoon mainly existed to sell toys, so it's not too surprising.

I'm sure there are some good Transformers shows out there (and probably some good episodes of G1), though I haven't seen much of them.

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm sure there are some good Transformers shows out there (and probably some good episodes of G1), though I haven't seen much of them.

From what I hear, Beast Wars and Prime are the best ones (although Beast Wars looks ugly. I know I know, don't judge a book by it's cover but the CGI has not aged well at all). I hear Animated is also pretty good).