• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

...writing is hard...

Can confirm.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There is a Fire Emblem you think is worse than Three Houses?

We are united in our hatred for Path of Radiance!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There is a Fire Emblem you think is worse than Three Houses?

Frankly, the reason I hate Three Houses so much is because it has a few things that I really enjoy about it, but its gigantic flaws keep me from liking it as much as I would want to. That's why I'm more vocal about my hate for 3H than the other FEs I'd consider "bad" - it's because the game frustrates me more than the others.

PoR is boring and tedious enough to put an insomniac into a deep coma, Mystery is Kaga's least remarkable game and also boring and tedious as fuck, and Echoes's map design is about as bad as Conquest's story; but Three Houses has some genuinely solid and interesting ideas that I so wish were better executed. Heck, not even that - I wish those ideas at least were in a game where the map design didn't suck ass and the difficulties weren't "piss easy" and "bullshit hard that clearly wasn't playtested."

I've given it three chances, in vain hopes that I would at some point like it. It's not like those other games, where I played like half of them once and went "yep, I never want to touch that shit ever again." I want to like Three Houses, and that's why I despise Three Houses.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Me with modern Trails. Exact thoughts lol

Don't say things like that! At the moment I can still say that I don't hate FE, just its most recent installment. I want to believe that there's a chance IntSys might redeem itself in my eyes yet...! Let me believe!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't say things like that! At the moment I can still say that I don't hate FE, just its most recent installment. I want to believe that there's a chance IntSys might redeem itself in my eyes yet...! Let me believe!

If I were you I think I would believe. Just do yourself a favor and don’t play Awakening...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I honestly think IS might redeem itself in your eyes for one reason: They are willing to experiment every title.

They didn't just ride on Fates' success, but did change quite a alot of stuff from fates, mostly for the better except map design.

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Sooks said:

If I were you I think I would believe.

I do try.

Just now, Sooks said:

Just do yourself a favor and don’t play Awakening...

Ahahahahahahah... Heck, at this point it's just Awakening and the NES FEs that I've yet to play. But Awakening looks so unappealing from what little I know of it that I might never give it a shot.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I honestly thing IS might redeem itself in your eyes for one reason: They are willing to experiment every title.

They didn't just ride on Fates' success, but did change quite a alot of stuff from fates, mostly for the better except map design.

That is true. I'll take a hit-and-miss franchise over a consistently bad one. I'm willing to give them a chance that Three Houses may've just been a miss.

Sure as hell ain't buying the next FE at release, though.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

honestly think IS might redeem itself in your eyes for one reason: They are willing to experiment every title.

They should experiment with a Berwick remake!

I mean, it's never gonna happen...but I can dream. 

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Licenses.png

WE CAN THREATEN KAGA AT GUNPOINT TO GIVE IS LISCENCES

Just now, Benice said:

They should experiment with a Berwick remake!

I mean, it's never gonna happen...but I can dream. 

Fire Emblem: Berwick 616

Now with an avatar that can marry everyone, an even more insufferable Volcens, a fully-modelled Navaron you have to walk through that's the size of GTA5!San Andreas, a female Herman with big tiddy and funni anime moments with Sylvis. Oh, and Roswick dies for dramatic effect, his killer is dealt with the following map and nobody ever mentions him again.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I doubt he holds them xD

Wait, you mean to tell me Kaga didn't singlehandedly develop every single aspect of TearRing and Berwick Saga? That referring to their developer teams by the all-encompassing name of "Kaga" is a bad habit that unfairly belittles the contributions of many people around him? Preposterous!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, you mean to tell me Kaga didn't singlehandedly develop every single aspect of TearRing and Berwick Saga? That referring to their developer teams by the all-encompassing name of "Kaga" is a bad habit that unfairly belittles the contributions of many people around him? Preposterous!

But funny!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I will rise you a better: Volcens is the avatar

Oh my God. That is horrible enough that I almost want to see it.

...Okay, actually, never mind. Volcens being the avatar means everyone would love him in spite of his... his being him. I don't think I could handle that.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But funny!

I mean, yeah, it's always funny to blame the evil old man for everything that happens in his games.

Okay but like if you just give me an empty table and say have fun how am I supposed to know exactly what “solution #1” and “solution #2” mean?

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But Awakening looks so unappealing from what little I know of it that I might never give it a shot.

Yeah, some maps are kinda lame and pair-up is uber-busted but the reclassing is very good and i know you like it when you can do reclass shenanigans so you might get enjoyment out of that.

As far as the actual difficulty goes, you might(?) like Lunatic. I don't because i generally hate the highest difficulties but you might find enjoyment in there. Lunatic+ is bullshit tho, don't do that. 

At any rate, you have the means to emulate (unintentional funny glitches round 2?), so you can try it out and if you don't like it, you lose nothing.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

the reclassing is very good and i know you like it when you can do reclass shenanigans so you might get enjoyment out of that.

Huh. Well, there's something to consider, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As far as the actual difficulty goes, you might(?) like Lunatic.

Very much doubt it. I like when my FE is challenging, but... Well, only when that challenge is well done. Awakening seems to be like Three Houses (choices are "really easy" and "badly designed hard") but somehow even worse.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At any rate, you have the means to emulate (unintentional funny glitches round 2?), so you can try it out and if you don't like it, you lose nothing.

Hahahahah... Funny glitches again would be entertaining, but I do stand to lose my time, and I like my time. Now excuse me while I RNG abuse for 20 minutes to get Hannibal to kill FE4's final boss.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very much doubt it. I like when my FE is challenging, but... Well, only when that challenge is well done. Awakening seems to be like Three Houses (choices are "really easy" and "badly designed hard") but somehow even worse.

Ya like ambush spawns? How about hordes of them on open route maps?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ya like ambush spawns? How about hordes of them on open route maps?

...Wait, Awakening does that too? I thought Three Houses was the one that revitalized ambush spawns!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Wait, Awakening does that too? I thought Three Houses was the one that revitalized ambush spawns!

Ahahaha, he thinks Three Houses was bad with ambush spawns!! Ahahaha! You... you’ve seen nothing!! Hah... 

*ahem* What I mean to say is that Awakening genuinely makes me think that Three Houses’ ambush spawns are a non issue. That was an extreme reaction...

Edited by Sooks