Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very much doubt it. I like when my FE is challenging, but... Well, only when that challenge is well done. Awakening seems to be like Three Houses (choices are "really easy" and "badly designed hard") but somehow even worse.

Awakening's difficulty is weird because you can either trivialize it or you can not trivialize it.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Wait, Awakening does that too? I thought Three Houses was the one that revitalized ambush spawns!

Tbf, Awakening's ambush spawns exclusively spawn from forts and stairs, which you can just stand on and block it (the game even tells you to do that). I don't remember ambush spawns ever coming from the shadow realm unlike in some other games.

Idk, it's been forever but i don't remember feeling like i got fucked over by them.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh they are fairer than other games’ ambush spawns, I don’t remember them ever coming from anywhere other than stairs or forts.

No no, the problem is that they are constant in open route maps that are covered in forts or stairs, with spawns coming from them so often that you have to leave many many units behind to not have to deal with them that you only have a couple free, and that’s ignoring some maps where there are so many and so spread out that it’s not really an option (the chapter right before you kill the conquerer guy). It’s just so annoying and tedious. Every chapter.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No no, the problem is that they are constant in open route maps that are covered in forts or stairs, with spawns coming from them so often that you have to leave many many units behind to get rid of them that you only have a couple free, and that’s ignoring some maps where there are so many and so spread out that it’s not really an option (the chapter right before you kill the conquerer guy). It’s just so annoying and tedious. Every chapter.

Again, maybe i just don't remember because the last time i played Awakening was when i was 15 but i don't remember that being an issue either. I do agree that Awakening's obsession for rout maps is an issue but i don't remember constant ambush spawns.

Also

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

and that’s ignoring some maps where there are so many and so spread out that it’s not really an option (the chapter right before you kill the conquerer guy)

This and the next chapter are Kill Commander maps, so the complaint doesn't really apply.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This and the next chapter are Kill Commander maps, so the complaint doesn't really apply.

I didn’t mean to imply that you have to kill them, I should have clarified. What I meant was that they still get in the way, the commander is on the other side of the map, which already has lots of powerful enemies that take a bit to deal with iirc.

“The things I learn at this school reflect multiple cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, and identities.”

?? What kind of a school survey question is that? It’s basically just are you taking a foreign language..?

And how it’s talking about how teachers treat students. This was clearly designed pre covid times, I have no answers to any of these questions...

Well, either avoiding or postponing that survey, I’m free to play fe4 now.

Edited by Sooks

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Idk, it's been forever but i don't remember feeling like i got fucked over by them.

I remember being fucked over by them every single time. And they are in every single map.

Knowing the spawn locations isn't all that helpful as long as you don't know what's gonna spawn and when. Not that the game is always clear about the locations anyway.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, it’s that Hilda everyone was talking about! Neat.

That's what everyone's favorite pigtail waifu (no, not that one, the copycat) will be in a few years. Enjoy.

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

RD also has one ambush spawn I'll n the chapter where you burn the supplies in part 3. The swordmasters appear on enemy phase.

I don't remember that. Then again, the supplies map was an Ike map, right? Ike's team is so obscenely overpowered that I can totally see myself forgetting about any ambush spawns, because they probably would've gotten shredded anyway.

You know, I just realized that there aren't that many outdoor final maps in FE. It's... Actually just FE4 and two of Three Houses's routes, as far as I know. Maybe Awakening, too? I'm not quite sure. Anyway, just a fun fact.

Let's go beat up the final boss of FE4, and then I can post my final thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I just realized that there aren't that many outdoor final maps in FE. It's... Actually just FE4 and two of Three Houses's routes, as far as I know. Maybe Awakening, too? I'm not quite sure. Anyway, just a fun fact.

Path of Radiance? Unless a castle courtyard doesn't count.

I suppose Vestaria Saga is also somewhat unique in that you start on the outside.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Path of Radiance? Unless a castle courtyard doesn't count.

Right, I forgot about that.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose Vestaria Saga is also somewhat unique in that you start on the outside.

Yes, I considered that one, but most of it is indoors. Still, the fact that it's the whole castle and not just one part of it is unique in itself.

Deadlords are Deaderlords now. Only the big boy himself remains. He... will be easy.

I must say, rather underwhelming final confrontation. My units are so good, even the substitutes, that nothing in this final map stood a chance. Well, with the notable exception of Brian. Brian was absolutely amazing. 40 defense and almost 30 resistance on a boss that moves and has a ranged option that one-shots half the army? Jesus, good thing he disintegrated upon losing his home...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Deadlords are Deaderlords now. Only the big boy himself remains. He... will be easy.

Btw, the final boss didn't have Awareness back during his early appearance in chapter 10. So you can actually kick his ass with just a few crits there.

Edited by BrightBow

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It’s three of Three Houses’ routes. And even the one that takes place primarily indoors has a courtyard area in the one corner.

Edited by Sooks

Wow. That was so easy. Guy would've gotten one-rounded if she hadn't missed. The miss allowed me to finish the game in the most boring way, by having the protagonist slice him a new rear with the big sword.

Hahahaha... Sheesh, why don't I hear this guy being trash-talked more often? That was Idunn levels of sad. I mean, I guess unlike Idunn, there's only one unit that can utterly trivialize him, whereas everyone else can't do much of anything. That raises him to, uh... Jacharam's level. A little tougher than Jacharam, since Jacharam wasn't immune to crits. On the other hand, Jacharam's map was so much harder than this stomping. Hah! I am a little underwhelmed, but oh well. On to the ending.

Also the finale of Revelation takes place in space, so it's technically outdoors.

It's similar as in Awakening where they clearly just cared about a cool backdrop but couldn't give less of a shit on how the story got to that point.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow. That was so easy. Guy would've gotten one-rounded if she hadn't missed. The miss allowed me to finish the game in the most boring way, by having the protagonist slice him a new rear with the big sword.

Funnily enough that seems to be the canon outcome too, considering one of the demo sequences that gets unlocked as you complete a run shows Celice being the one to deal the final blow.

Worth noting that Julius has 3 different death quotes depending on whether he dies to Celice, Julia or anyone else. You might notice that his speech when Celice kills him is very similar to the one by Medeus in Mystery of the Emblem.

Edited by BrightBow

I like how the ending makes a point to acknowledge that Arion is still a complete dumbass. Also, way to make me feel bad about Lene being single. I tried, I really tried to get her with Hawke, but the game said "turn 50," and that was the end of that.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Worth noting that Julius has 3 different death quotes depending on whether he dies to Celice, Julia or anyone else. You might notice that his speech when Celice kills him is very similar to the one by Medeus in Mystery of the Emblem.

I noticed. It... it kinda ruined the moment for me, not gonna lie. The visuals of his death are awesome, but then he started parroting Medeus's corny-ass death spiel and I just gave it a light chuckle.

Didn't help that the game suffered a stroke immediately after the cutscene ended.

I like how Jungby and Freege's endings kinda broke because there's only one person left for each country. Amid and Lester were both like "welp, gonna take care of things back home, see ya" and that was it.

Though I must say, Arden's son inheriting his one true love's country is the perfect ending as far as I'm concerned.

Also, Oifey's ending was so wholesome. My favorite part of that whole thing.

...Too bad it was immediately followed up by the game making me feel bad about Rodolbahn dying five minutes after marrying Femina. Funnily enough, this made me realize that there hasn't been even a mention of Tristan. Nobody cares about Tristan. Fuck Tristan.