Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'm sure at the time it did a good enough job to make people wonder how Jugdral related to Akaneia. There is most certainly plenty of ambiguity in that regard. Like how the description that Levin gives of Narga and Salamander match Tiki and Bantu, but of course there is no reason the original Narga and Salamander couldn't have looked like that. And of course the continent Bishop Galle traveled to is not called by name either.

Then of course there is the random mention of Velthomer having a "Fire Emblem".

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

88izogsr o

Slander! Slander of the highest caliber! How dare the pages of history record such great heroes in such a way?! Scandalous!

Mm8sexe8 o

Ahhh, that's probably right, though.

Well, that's FE4 done. I got a D. My only good ranking was experience. Survival and combat were Es, tactics was D. Hah!

So... I enjoyed that far more than I expected to. What a pleasant surprise. The game offered interesting challenges, an above-average FE story even in gen 2, neat gameplay twists... It was fun, far more than I expected. However, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. It suffered from all the walking sections, the difficulty was a bit all over the place, and I don't think there's much replay value to this. Sure, there's the children, but gen 1 is the same every time, and I think on a replay all the walking would get too unbearable.

Also, Tristan. The game had Tristan. Oughta shave a point or two off of it for that. Fuck Tristan. Even his sister didn't give a damn that he died.

Where does the game land up in my ranking? If you direct your eyes to my sig... well, I haven't updated it yet, but... I thiiiiiiiiiiink maaaaaybe below Vestaria? Or maybe below Binding Blade, just about. Not entirely sure yet. Either way, it's on the lower end of the Good FEs, but it's very much one of the Good FEs. I've said before how all those FEs are really close to each other, and I think Genealogy has earned that much. It's not like Radiant Dawn, where I was struggling through the entirety of parts 3 and 4, desperate to finish the game because, damn, that had been enough FEs I'd left unfinished.

So yeah. Genealogy good. Not the best, but good.

Praise be to the general class. Best class, right there.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

So I guess "losses" refers to fights that didn't end with killing an opponent?

Nah, it's just battles you lose. That's accurate amount of times I've lost at the arena.

...Nah, actually, you may recall @Spara warned me a while back about a bizarre glitch that happened if a unit with canto killed the final boss. Well, I forgot to dismount Seliph, so now everyone has 116 losses for some undiscernible reason.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

The old translation would always crash on the map screen. So I don't really know what happens afterwards.

I figured. You gotta try out the new one, man.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Nah, actually, you may recall @Spara warned me a while back about a bizarre glitch that happened if a unit with canto killed the final boss. Well, I forgot to dismount Seliph, so now everyone has 116 losses for some undiscernible reason.

If you hadn't killed all the Gen 1 parents out of spite, I would say "RIP survival rank," but, uh...

Also, for Awakening, earlygame Hard is kinda great? But then the rest of the game after like Chapter 13 or so is just ass. 

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Also, for Awakening, earlygame Hard is kinda great? But then the rest of the game after like Chapter 13 or so is just ass. 

This is my exact opinion but I think chapter 11 is the first really bad one.

That’s why I said I hope this game doesn’t become an awakening, and now that I’m at chapter 10 I can say it didn’t.

Just now, Spara said:

If you hadn't killed all the Gen 1 parents out of spite, I would say "RIP survival rank," but, uh...

Oh, the survival rank has to do with the losses?

And what do you mean, "out of spite"? It's not my fault I completely forgot Erin because I'm an absolute moron and had to take meteors all map long! It's also not my fault that they all decided to marry behind my backs, disobeying my strict orders of celibacy! They had it coming, all of them! Each and every one!

Just now, Spara said:

That's even worse than an all around bad game. PoR also started kinda decent-ish. Then it took a huge dive and I found myself having wasted my time.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They had it coming, all of them! Each and every one!

Quite literally, in fact.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's even worse than an all around bad game. PoR also started kinda decent-ish. Then it took a huge dive and I found myself having wasted my time.

I guess? Well, there're a couple lategame maps that are pretty decent, but 14-20 all suck, and 24-Endgame are also terrible. Really, just P-13 and 21-23 are enjoyable, the rest is just not good. 

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

I guess? Well, there're a couple lategame maps that are pretty decent, but 14-20 all suck, and 24-Endgame are also terrible. Really, just P-13 and 21-23 are enjoyable, the rest is just not good. 

Really? I didn’t enjoy a single late game map other than 21.

I think the only paralogue I enjoyed was Laurent’s.

With PoR you could at least say they were at least trying to have interesting maps. There is something vaguely resembling effort and care there.

But in Awakening, the actual maps are virtually indistinguishable from the game's random encounters, in the way it seems like it's just random enemies plastered all over the place.

The earliest maps are different in that regard. But they are also just your standard FE6+ early-game maps. Nothing to really see here.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Really? I didn’t enjoy a single late game map other than 21.

22 is the Deadlord map, which was okay, and 23, the Flavia and Basilio map, was also okay. 21 is good though.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe Awakening, too?

Awakening's endgame is also outside. Revelation's endgame is technically outside.

TMS' endgame is also technically outside.

Oh yeah I enjoyed Aversa’s paralogue. But that might have been because I could make it easy by deploying everyone who was on the bench and soloing with Chrom, since at that point I really really really just wanted to be done with the game.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Ngl Earth dungeon was pretty cool

And now i am facing some weird origami alolan dynamax squirtle or something

Cool track though

Pokemon has dungeons? That's actually pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ngl Earth dungeon was pretty cool

Yep, this is the part of the game where it slowly begins going away from traditional Mario stuff.

You might remember I said a while back that the beginning of the game is super slow. This is that ends, or at least the transition between the slow-ass beginning and the greatness that is the rest of the game.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

He's talking about Origami King.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

weird origami alolan dynamax squirtle

This is a bizarre description.

Is it green with an orange shell, somehow made of folded paper and massive?

@Benice PMD would like to ask how you forgot it.

(I have no real comments on Origami King, ignore meeeeee)

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He's talking about Origami King.

Oh.

Ahaha...

Sorry.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

@Benice PMD would like to ask how you forgot it.

What?

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

What?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

A whole spinoff series of randomised dungeon crawling.

As for others, some of the caves could count as dungeon-esque (Like Cerulean Cave, which TIL was called Unknown Dungeon in Japanese, so I'll count it.).

Edited by Dayni

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

A whole spinoff series of randomised dungeon crawling.

pokemon has dungeons!

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahahah... Hahahah! Really?! Did that really just happen? Did the Bleg sisters really just try to fight Shanan at melee range?

...Okay, actually, they were surprisingly successful. Meng and Mabel survived with a sliver of their health, and Bleg herself somehow hit the guy critically before keeling over. Not bad, not bad at all.

...wait did they actually pull off their triangle attack, or is critically being used figuratively here? I know they CAN use the triangle attack (hence why they try melee attacks...), but they always canto in a way to mess up the formation, so I have never actually seen it...

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn, the end of Genealogy kinda snuck up on me. I was expecting it to at least take me another day, but instead I'm already up to the final boss. I'll have to stop because of my class, but tonight I'll finish the game.

...When was the last time that happened with a FE that wasn't a fangame? Sheesh... I don't think I've finished my first run of any FE since I first played Radiant Dawn. And I had to push myself really hard to finish that one. No such thing has happened here. I really wasn't expecting this one of all FEs to be the one to break the curse, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Well, I am glad you enjoyed it enough to finish it. (too bad about Conquest...)

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very much doubt it. I like when my FE is challenging, but... Well, only when that challenge is well done. Awakening seems to be like Three Houses (choices are "really easy" and "badly designed hard") but somehow even worse.

That is only fully the case if you know how to break that game, as everything below Lunatic+ is trivial, and Lunatic+ only isn't due to utter bullshit. If you aren't breaking that game Hard tends to be the closest to a good difficulty setting you get...

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

“The things I learn at this school reflect multiple cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, and identities.”

?? What kind of a school survey question is that? It’s basically just are you taking a foreign language..?

I feel like this is targeting history classes, and is the how Euro-centric was it question...

Hahahaha... Sheesh, why don't I hear this guy being trash-talked more often? That was Idunn levels of sad. I mean, I guess unlike Idunn, there's only one unit that can utterly trivialize him, whereas everyone else can't do much of anything. That raises him to, uh... Jacharam's level. A little tougher than Jacharam, since Jacharam wasn't immune to crits. On the other hand, Jacharam's map was so much harder than this stomping. Hah! I am a little underwhelmed, but oh well. On to the ending.

Partially because he is extremely difficult if you don't use the one who slaughters him, and if they are low enough level things can get kinda close... although seeing the alternate death quote he has with Seliph is kinda cool.

Didn't help that the game suffered a stroke immediately after the cutscene ended.

Oh, you didn't dismount Seliph...

88izogsr o

Slander! Slander of the highest caliber! How dare the pages of history record such great heroes in such a way?! Scandalous!

Mm8sexe8 o

Ahhh, that's probably right, though.

Yeah, that is unfortunate.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is that ends, or at least the transition between the slow-ass beginning and the greatness that is the rest of the game.

I am looking forward to it then, because honestly my first session was very meh, but today was really fun, and the boss fight was 👌

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, caves do count as dungeons, right?