Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did he not know who she was? She should have been dead long before she ever had the chance to conceive a child 

Hide contents

(other than Seliph anyway)

is what I’m thinking. But then again I haven’t finished the game, so maybe there’s plot reasons.

Yes, you seem to be missing a big part of the puzzle. There's a reason Manfroy needed Deirdre to have a child with Arvis, but... Where are you again? Chapter 10? I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I've forgotten if you're supposed to know it by now. Can someone help me out here? I don't want to accidentally spoil anything for Sooks.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, you seem to be missing a big part of the puzzle. There's a reason Manfroy needed Deirdre to have a child with Arvis, but... Where are you again? Chapter 10? I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I've forgotten if you're supposed to know it by now. Can someone help me out here? I don't want to accidentally spoil anything for Sooks.

Manfroy needed Deirdre and Arvis to fall in love because they’re both half-siblings through their mother. Both have minor Loptous blood so when they had children one of them would be born with major Loptous blood, which Manfroy needed in order to revive the dragon in question via possession.

Edited by Wraith

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That being said, if you want a recruitment guide, by all means use it. All I'm saying is that I don't think it's really that vital. This game isn't Thracia 776. Heck, it's more on the easy side, you could probably beat it just with the prepromotes that the game hands you for free.

Yeah, I just like to recruit every character I possibly can, even if they will be on the bench for eternity.

With newer games (as in FE6 and onwards), there isn't really a need for guides (apart from Stefan and Karla but lol, Hector Mode) and I don't really think I used a guide for that in FE3 and 4 either but with the KagaSagas, I do feel like I might use some of it. Like in Vestaria, I never would've guessed that I had to keep the skeleton queen alive in order to recruit the blonde mage girl whose name i can't remember.

As a fun fact, in my first two Fire Emblem games, I missed out on a unit I could've gotten otherwise. I missed out on Donnel on my first run in Awakening because I was too lazy to level him up once in his paralouge (the game even tells you to do this). In my first run of Blazing Blade, I missed out on Renault because a bandit destroyed his village and I was fast-forwarding so I skipped his dialogue and couldn't tell if he was a unit.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

It's also worth noting that the swamp maps... really suck, just like in Echoes! They are literally the worst in TRS.

I actually didn't mind the swamp maps in Echoes. Hated the desert maps more.

45 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wait, Deirdre is a descendant of Naga!? Why the heck did Manfroy let her have a child with Arvis??? That makes absolutely no sense!

Spoiler

Because Arvis had Lopytr blood and they needed incest for at least one of their children to fully inherit it. One of the villages early on alludes to what would happen if incest holy blood happens.

What's actually dumb is that Julius tells Manfory to kill Julia since she's the biggest threat but Manfroy loses all of his IQ points and decides to keep her alive.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can someone help me out here? I don't want to accidentally spoil anything for Sooks.

He mentioned blocks of sleep staffbots so he's in the endgame.

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Manfroy needed Deirdre and Arvis to fall in love because they’re both half-siblings through their mother. Both have minor Loptous blood so when they had children one of them would be born with major Loptous blood, which Manfroy needed in order to revive the dragon in question via possession.

Yeah, I know all that, I just wasn't sure if Sooks should know yet. Oh well, guess it doesn't matter now.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, I just like to recruit every character I possibly can, even if they will be on the bench for eternity.

Fair enough. But really, people are exaggerating the difficulty of TearRing's recruitments. Save for a few outliers, they're really not that bad.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like in Vestaria, I never would've guessed that I had to keep the skeleton queen alive in order to recruit the blonde mage girl whose name i can't remember.

Accorte, yes. I almost missed her in my first run. The skeleton queen's quotes and behavior clued me in to the fact that I probably shouldn't harm her, but her companions weren't so lucky.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's one desert map in TRS, but you can skip the desert if you want, though there's a catch.

I agree with Lightcosmo that the swamp maps are by far the worst part of the game. On the other hand, they're all in one route, so you can keep the warper there and skip them all.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He mentioned blocks of sleep staffbots so he's in the endgame.

Yeah, probably at Edda. I don't remember him mentioning beating Arvis, though... Oh, well. I suppose it no longer matters, since two people have told him already.

Why does the Pyra and Mythra showcase have to be at 9 in the morning? The one time I give a shit about these character showcases (the only one so far I've ever watched live was Byleth's and that's because it was also a reveal), it's early in the morning.

Pour one out for my Eastern Hemisphere folks tho, they gotta wake up even earlier.

Anyways, we're likely getting Pyra and Mythra on the same day. Nintendo tweeted out in advance an upcoming Smash Bros update yesterday and these updates have a history of coming out two days after the announcements. Saito also tweeted out that Xenoblade 2 would go on sale on the fifth (the fourth for us). It's not a confirmation but it definitely suggests a same day release.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Accorte, yes. I almost missed her in my first run. The skeleton queen's quotes and behavior clued me in to the fact that I probably shouldn't harm her, but her companions weren't so lucky.

I think she refuses to attack, which would be a clue but I know I would be like "free EXP" and not notice that she doesn't attack.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why does the Pyra and Mythra showcase have to be at 9 in the morning? The one time I give a shit about these character showcases (the only one so far I've ever watched live was Byleth's and that's because it was also a reveal), it's early in the morning

I mean, it's not like they're going to be reading the chat. These things are pre-recorded, there's no reason to watch them live whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it's not like they're going to be reading the chat. These things are pre-recorded, there's no reason to watch them live whatsoever.

And that was honestly my reason for not watching them before. Well that and I always seemed to take naps right before they air so I just sleep through them haha.

But Xenoblade bias hits different.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, the ones in TRS take over an hour or two... or three, depending on your playstyle. If you want all the free EXP, then you'll be there for a while. Not to mention all of the misses your going to see trying to hit Mogalls. 

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And that was honestly my reason for not watching them before. Well that and I always seemed to take naps right before they air so I just sleep through them haha.

Still, no reason to fret over missing the live broadcast. Just watch it when you can, it'll be virtually the same experience. Well, unless you're that desperate to contribute to the chat, but... Well, Smash Bros. chat. Enough said.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, the ones in TRS take over an hour or two... or three, depending on your playstyle. If you want all the free EXP, then you'll be there for a while. Not to mention all of the misses your going to see trying to hit Mogalls. 

That may be true if you don't have fast forward in the emulator. With fast forward it's really not that unbearable.

Actually, that's something I should've mentioned, @Armagon. You see, the game suffers from being a PS1 game - it's slow. Not slow like PoR or RD, where the reason they're slow is that the animations take seven hours even with animations "off." It has loading problems, like sometimes when you order a unit to move they'll take a couple seconds to do it, portraits will take a few seconds to load when you open a unit's statsheet, things like that.

I really like TRS now, but I actually dropped my first run in, I think it was chapter 36? Because it was so slow and long that I just couldn't stand moving any further. That emulator, PCSX1, lacked fast forward (or at least I was unable to find it). For my second attempt, I used Mednafen, a much better and more accurate emulator that has a fast forward feature. With fast forward to power through the game's slowness, it became much more fun.

So yeah. If you're going to play TRS, make very sure to use Mednafen as your emulator. The catch is, this emulator has no UI. Don't worry, however, for there's an external UI that you can install called Medlaunch. Really easy to implement, and once you have it becomes very straightforward to use.

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with all this. Perhaps the slowness wouldn't be as much of an issue for you as it was for me (you like Tellius after all), but I want your TRS experience to be as pleasant as possible that you can, hopefully, hopefully come to enjoy another Kaga game.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That may be true if you don't have fast forward in the emulator. With fast forward it's really not that unbearable.

Shhhh! Gotta have a legit experience the first time!

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Shhhh! Gotta have a legit experience the first time!

The "legit experience" nonsense had me quitting the game on map 36 because it was taking so long. Not even the game's fault, either. The map went overboard with the reinforcements, but without the PS1 slowness it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. Also, Tellius. PoR was a lost cause, but RD might not have taken me like 6 weeks to finish if Dolphin's fast forward didn't blow dingus.

TRS is a fine game, I'll not have the experience ruined for anyone due to PS1 shenanigans if I can help it. Unless you want to argue that the PS1 loading difficulties were an intended part of it by Kaga, which... Honestly, he's evil enough for it, but let's assume it wasn't. Please.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, no reason to fret over missing the live broadcast.

Oh i'm not. If i miss it, i miss it.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For my second attempt, I used Mednafen, a much better and more accurate emulator that has a fast forward feature. With fast forward to power through the game's slowness, it became much more fun.

So yeah. If you're going to play TRS, make very sure to use Mednafen as your emulator. The catch is, this emulator has no UI. Don't worry, however, for there's an external UI that you can install called Medlaunch. Really easy to implement, and once you have it becomes very straightforward to use.

Got it. I do have ePSXe but that one also doesn't have fast-forward (not that Xenogears needed it).

I'll look into it whenever i get around it.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Got it. I do have ePSXe but that one also doesn't have fast-forward (not that Xenogears needed it).

Lol whoops, I meant to say ePSXe myself. I'm just used to PCSX2 because of Berwick. Sheesh, these names.

As far as I know, ePSXe and Mednafen are the only PS1 emulators. ePSXe is (or was, at least) the more popular one for some reason, but it's... actually kinda bad, you shouldn't use it. Mednafen has more features, and funnily enough, it's allegedly more accurate than Sony's own emulator that they used in the PS3. So yeah, ePSXe bad, use Mednafen instead.

I'll look into it whenever i get around it.

Please do. No rush, I'm just eager to see if you'll like TRS. A filthy casual admitting to like a KagaSaga game is a victory to Kaga elitists all over the world.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Stop keeping me in suspense, Venice. Release the update this instant! I demand it!

I think I'll be able to have it out on friday. I've got an absolutely insane week this week. Still, 'm gonna have, like, half an hour to work on it today, so it is possible that I can have it done today!

But there is a 96% displayed hit that it'll releasefriday.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I think I'll be able to have it out on friday. I've got an absolutely insane week this week. Still, 'm gonna have, like, half an hour to work on it today, so it is possible that I can have it done today!

Okay. No rush, no rush.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

But there is a 96% displayed hit that it'll releasefriday.

Son of a--!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It’s not about chat, it’s about the principle! I asked to start work later than usual so I could watch it live, but it turns out I’m getting a vaccine tomorrow so I have the day off anyway. And now I have more time for them if they do release tomorrow, so things turned out rather conveniently in the end.

You know, now that I think about it the books I’m reading through this month presents quite the ghoulish undertaking if I do say so myself.

Edited by Wraith

Hmm, i wonder how the combat for the new Trails game is gonna look like-

LoH-Kuro-no-Kiseki-Battle_03-03-21.jpg

Hey wait a minute, that's just Xenoblade 2, sort of.

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

but it turns out I’m getting a vaccine tomorrow so I have the day off anyway.

This is good, glad you're getting it.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Agreed.

Radiant Dawn may be my favorite in the series but the series did not really benefit from going 3D outside of SoV's smooth battle animations.

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll third this. I don't adore the spritework of any particular old FE, but with modern 2D capable of being very aesthetically beautiful and detailed, and FE in no way requiring 3D for its gameplay, I think it'd be fine if it went back to that. I doubt it would, because 3D is the only realm for AAA games, 2D is sadly deemed the realm of the less moneyed

I think you two missed the fact that i was meme'ing by making boomer pencil case say it XD

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think you two missed the fact that i was meme'ing by making boomer pencil case say it XD

I mean, that doesn't change the fact that the take is correct. FE going 3D only made it uglier for no good reason. Even the better-looking 3D FEs are nothing more than just kinda okay visually, and at worst you have something like Three Houses, which looks like a freeware Wii game and suffers from FPS drops in spite of the fact that it has a 30 FPS cap. You compare that to something like Berwick Saga and there's just no competition.

I know graphics don't matter, but it's always really funny to me how technically incompetent Three Houses is.

Edited by Saint Rubenio