Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

’d thank you, but I’m 87% displayed hit sure that you were joking.

Nah, I was dead serious. You seem like you're in need of a little kindness right now. (It's also avaliable on PS4, but I don't think you can easily send a physical copy of Y0 as a gift.)

As for specs, according to steam, you need

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 | AMD FX-6300
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | AMD Radeon HD 6870
    • Additional Notes: GPU with a gpumark of : 2600 to 3100, CPU with a cpumark of 4500 to 6300
  • RECOMMENDED:

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nah, I was dead serious. You seem like you're in need of a little kindness right now. (It's also avaliable on PS4, but I don't think you can easily send a physical copy of Y0 as a gift.)

As for specs, according to steam, you need

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 | AMD FX-6300
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | AMD Radeon HD 6870
    • Additional Notes: GPU with a gpumark of : 2600 to 3100, CPU with a cpumark of 4500 to 6300
  • RECOMMENDED:

No, but thank you. Spend your money on yourself.

Just now, Sooks said:

No, but thank you. Spend your money on yourself.

Well, one thing I can let you know is that Ratchet & Clank (a 3D action-adventure game) is free on the PSN store for the Play at Home ad campaign Sony's been doing. Usually goes for $20, but is completely free for all PS4/PS5 owners for the month of March. I jumped on it myself. Might as well while it's available.

I just found out that IntSys are going to add Solon to the gacha.

What's wrong with them these days? I mean, wronger than usual. All these characters in the series that have yet to be added and they're adding minor bosses? I'll never understand them.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're making a new game called Skywalker Saga with all 9 of the movies in it. Built from the ground up, bigger than any Lego game to date, and... honestly, it sounds like it's going to be great. Provided they are reasonable with the DLCs. We know how these companies are.

It has been delayed multiple times, though. People are already getting antsy. You know, at least half of the twenty of us that are waiting for that game.

*watches trailer*

People waiting for the game count: +1

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

All these characters in the series that have yet to be added and they're adding minor bosses? I'll never understand them.

Hey, man, at least Solon of Athens, the character's namesake, was at least a pretty cool guy even if all his reforms got destroyed in his lifetime, sorry mate

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're making a new game called Skywalker Saga with all 9 of the movies in it. Built from the ground up, bigger than any Lego game to date, and... honestly, it sounds like it's going to be great. Provided they are reasonable with the DLCs. We know how these companies are.

It has been delayed multiple times, though. People are already getting antsy. You know, at least half of the twenty of us that are waiting for that game.

I've been looking forward to it myself. The Complete Saga on PS3 was a classic. Nice to see all of it being remade in a new game.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

*watches trailer*

People waiting for the game count: +1

Ayyy! The latest rumors say May of this year. There have been multiple delays already, however, so don't get too excited.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Hey, man, at least Solon of Athens, the character's namesake, was at least a pretty cool guy even if all his reforms got destroyed in his lifetime, sorry mate

That puts him ahead of generic pegasus boss, at least...

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've been looking forward to it myself. The Complete Saga on PS3 was a classic. Nice to see all of it being remade in a new game.

Starting brawls at the cantina was the best.

Still, I wouldn't call it a remake. It looks like its own thing, even if its partly based on the same movies.

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, one thing I can let you know is that Ratchet & Clank (a 3D action-adventure game) is free on the PSN store for the Play at Home ad campaign Sony's been doing. Usually goes for $20, but is completely free for all PS4/PS5 owners for the month of March. I jumped on it myself. Might as well while it's available.

This is the reboot right?

Can confirm the series as a whole's good, my brother's played the PS4 title and I don't remember him having issues with it.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's wrong with them these days? I mean, wronger than usual. All these characters in the series that have yet to be added and they're adding minor bosses? I'll never understand them.

I mean, I'm disappointed at the lack of GD, but let's be real they'd be doing much better if they had not chosen to give 50% of the banners to alts from the off.

Honestly the choice of a GHB unit being an enemy's consistent. If you care to answering (No obligation), who would you suggest out of Part 1?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Honestly the choice of a GHB unit being an enemy's consistent

I know that, but... Frigging Solon?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If you care to answering (No obligation), who would you suggest out of Part 1?

Thales, probably. Though I guess he's more of a part 2 guy, isn't he. He sorta kills the avatar at the end of part 1 though, I'd say he qualifies.

Unless you're doing Blue Lions. In which case he isn't, because you kill him in his disguise and the game doesn't bother to tell you. I'm still a bit peeved about that, not gonna lie.

Secondary villains just aren't Three Houses's strong suit. With Edelgard, Dimitri and Rhea all in the game already all they've left is a plethora of boring one-off caricatures. I guess in retrospect, Solon's not the worst choice. They could've gone for that fanservice that killed Dad in a rather unspectacular manner and then immediately died forgettably. That would've been even worse 

Oh, right.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Solon's not the worst choice. They could've gone for that fanservice that killed Dad in a rather unspectacular manner and then immediately died forgettably. That would've been even worse 

Oh, right.

>Implying Metodey wouldn't have been a worse choice.

No Miklan with Sylvain and we riot? Also Lonata would have been neat, him with Ashe makes sense (SEE? You're making me think about this! Bad Rubenio!).

Just now, Dayni said:

>Implying Metodey wouldn't have been a worse choice.

Metodey would've been funny enough that I could've given them a pass. Fucker is so useless it's a wonder he gets a portrait while people like a playable's frigging uncle are generics.

Just now, Dayni said:

No Miklan with Sylvain and we riot? Also Lonata would have been neat, him with Ashe makes sense (SEE? You're making me think about this! Bad Rubenio!).

Actually, you posted just as I was going to edit my post to suggest Miklan and Lonato. They're still really one-note and have four lines each, but they have connections to playables, and that was enough for Dithorba, so... Yeah, them. For sure.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Randolph has some glimmer of a character if you really look in there.

His character is having a sister so that after he's offed she can go insane and be a really dumb plot device.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is good, glad you're getting it.

Thanks. But it's a shame I won't be able to play as Pyra and Mythra all day.

Anyway, last minute presentation predictions/wishlist go!

Spoiler

Outside Pyra and Mythra's spirits, XC2 currently has six spirits (Rex, Nia, Tora, Mòrag, Zeke, and Poppi α). Here's some that would make sense:

• Dromarch, Brighid, and Pandoria (though their spirit battles might be considered redundant with their Drivers)
  • Poppi QT that enhances into QTπ
  • Akhos, Patroka, and Mikhail as a shared spirit
  • Jin though he won't be represented by Sephiroth
  • Amalthus
  • Lora
  • Addam
  • The legend spirit will be either KOS-MOS or Malos (Coffee with Milk probably won't happen because she doesn't have full artwork, though it would be nice if they made her some).
  • I don't expect any non-plot important Blades outside maybe KOS-MOS.

Min Min came with 18 ARMS songs so hopefully XC2 gets a good amount. Byleth only came with eleven, though FE already had over 40 songs when he was added. Besides the battle themes, hopefully we'll get remixes (Hero is the only character that didn't come with any) and a Drifting Soul remix.

For Mii outfits, KOS-MOS had a good chance of showing up as a Gunner, and Lora would fit the Brawler moveset well. Lloyd would continue the trend of the previous game's DLC outfits coming back. Elma could get one if they want to represent every Xenoblade protagonist and there are several swordfighter candidates (Jin, Mòrag, Zeke, etc.). And a few will likely be completely unrelated to Xenoblade. Could Fei get in as a brawler? Probably not.

Miscellaneous time! Pyra and Mythra's fighter spirits will use the artwork from their GoodSmile figures. We oddly haven't seen their alts yet, but who knows if there will be anything special with them (Gormotti cloaks? Coffee with Milk alts?). Sakurai will gush about the game and make some comment about good boys and girls again. He'll also explain why Rex isn't playable, though I don't think it will have anything do with him having a Mii costume already.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Playing so much fe4 in such a short amount of time kind of burnt me out on Fire Emblem. I don’t know what I want to do now.

Play CrossCode.

It's like $10 off on Steam right now.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I've been waiting for the new Lego Star Wars for months now, and it just hit me that it's my most anticipated game since, like, Sun God Wrath's release a year ago. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed plenty of games, but they were all games that were already out, so I just picked them up and played them. This is the only one I've been waiting on for a while now. How curious.

Ah yeah, that one. Loved Lego Star Wars as a kid. Everyone says Complete Saga was the best one but they're wrong, Lego Clone Wars was the best one.

I just wish these newer ones weren't voiced. The charm of the Lego games was that nobody talked.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

If my computer can’t load Berwick, it can’t run Yakuza, heh. I’d thank you, but I’m 87% displayed hit sure that you were joking.

Welllllllllllll that's not neccisarily the case.

When you emulate a game, you're essentially running something on hardware not designed for it. So your PC might not be able to handle emulated PS2 games but could handle PC games designed to run on that hardware.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They just had a Judgral banner like two weeks ago.

30 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Min Min came with 18 ARMS songs so hopefully XC2 gets a good amount. Byleth only came with eleven, though FE already had over 40 songs when he was added. Besides the battle themes, hopefully we'll get remixes (Hero is the only character that didn't come with any) and a Drifting Soul remix.

I wonder if they'll throw in Xenoblade X music in there, since there's a grand total of zero in the base game.

31 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

He'll also explain why Rex isn't playable, though I don't think it will have anything do with him having a Mii costume already.

I think that the Driver/Blade mechanic ultimately proved too complicated to implement.

31 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

(Coffee with Milk probably won't happen because she doesn't have full artwork,

This didn't stop Garon

maxresdefault.jpg

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>pay coins to skip annoying dungeon puzzles

10/10

Smh.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Play CrossCode.

It's like $10 off on Steam right now.

No money means spending money on video games is a no no.

Ah yeah, that one. Loved Lego Star Wars as a kid. Everyone says Complete Saga was the best one but they're wrong, Lego Clone Wars was the best one.

Based!!

I just wish these newer ones weren't voiced. The charm of the Lego games was that nobody talked.

And their little grunts and gestures... ah, memories...

This didn't stop Garon

maxresdefault.jpg

They made Garon a spirit in Smash!? Haha... they must have horribly run out of ideas.

Finally finished 12-main, onto 12-1 this weekend when I have more recording time. I looked at the intro dialogue, it doesn't look at all different so far, but it likely will be at the end of the mission. Also, more lowmanning! Woohoo!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They made Garon a spirit in Smash!? Haha... they must have horribly run out of ideas.

I mean

Smash has Spirits for basically everything. They just added Bravely Default 2 Spirits last week.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think that the Driver/Blade mechanic ultimately proved too complicated to implement.

Yeah that's what I think, and Pyra/Mythra were made playable instead because most of Rex's uniqueness comes from them. They seem to play basically as I hoped Rex would, so I think it was a good decision.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it was fine for Lego Batman 2 and the Lego Marvels because they weren't adaptations of anything, but it's rather pointless if they're just going to lift dialogue straight from the movies.

Speaking of which, Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 happens to share most of its voice cast with Xenoblade 2 (both use American actors in the UK, and both games had their voice recording done around the same time), so it's funny to hear Wasp sound exactly like Pyra (among other examples). I've been tempted to get it just for that.

Edited by Lightchao42

I just realized this year is my 10th anniversary of finishing High School.

... now I wonder if they will do one of those class reunions. Do any of them have a way to contact me anymore...? I... barely even remember them, for that matter...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/story_of_seasons_pioneers_of_olive_town_is_getting_patched_following_difficult_launch_in_japan#comments

Looking like the latest Story of Seasons is a total skip until maybe patches and paid DLC. Lack of varied dialogue sounds like a major issue to me, considering talking and characterization are so important in these things.

It seems to be the Pokemon Problem, it's so used to annual releases, it's so used to being the established and unchallenged leader of the genre, and it needs to go back to the drawing board and make a higher quality game.

Oh, and why settle when Rune Factory still looks to have creative vitality, and if you don't mind battle, a slew of other improvements? Waiting for RF5 is sounds much better.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wonder if they'll throw in Xenoblade X music in there, since there's a grand total of zero in the base game.

Black Tar would likely cause 30000 or so Smash players to instantly unbuy Smash Pass 2.

We know the XCX OST is divisive. Although maybe something less unorthodox could slip in. Uncontrollable is just as no, but Wir Fliegen could stand a better chance. I'd dismiss In The Forest's possibilities. Maybe the the first, lyric'ed half of The Key We've Lost, it's not as "crazy" as some would put it I think. NO.EX01 would be a more moderate candidate as well.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Oh I remember now, I did watch the Banjo showcase live. Because they did it immediately after a Direct and it's where they showed off Sans. How could I forget the second greatest moment in Smash history?

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

so it's funny to hear Wasp sound exactly like Pyra

I'm gonna need fanart of this.

Xenoblade 2 Avengers.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lack of varied dialogue sounds like a major issue to me, considering talking and characterization are so important in these things.

Oof.

I remember hearing Story of Seasons on 3DS had a similar problem. 

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, and why settle when Rune Factory still looks to have creative vitality, and if you don't mind battle, a slew of other improvements? Waiting for RF5 is sounds much better.

Honestly yeah.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Black Tar would likely cause 30000 or so Smash players to instantly unbuy Smash Pass 2.

We know the XCX OST is divisive. Although maybe something less unorthodox could slip in. Uncontrollable is just as no, but Wir Fliegen could stand a better chance. I'd dismiss In The Forest's possibilities. Maybe the the first, lyric'ed half of the Key We've Lost, it's not as "crazy" as some would put it I think. NO.EX01 would be a more moderate candidate as well.

You say this but Smash has Pikmin and Animal Crossing music, which is the most unfitting selection of music for a fighting game.

Xenoblade X OST may be divisive and an aquired taste but a lot of it would still fit a game like Smash.