Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

What does Aurelio mean if it’s good for a Roserade?

Literally made it up. If it does mean something I do not know. I just think it sounds alright myself.

Been doing that with Pokemon ever since 2010. (Jeez, try Nuzlockes and this is the one thing that sticks to me?)

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh my God.

TRS spoilers, if you care.

Spoiler

rNQBp6W.png

I can't believe it's taken me 4 runs of TRS to realize the significance of this line.

Arkis, you useless fucking prick.

TFW you're playing TRS and you give someone the Canto skill, and dn't remember until halfway through the chapter that even though anyone can learn canto, only mounted units can use it.

>_>

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

TFW you're playing TRS and you give someone the Canto skill, and dn't remember until halfway through the chapter that even though anyone can learn canto, only mounted units can use it.

>_>

Ah yes, I learned that lesson the hard way when I tried to make Leonie even funnier. Honestly, that was a dickmove, Kaga.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Actually being able to play games not made for keyboards again, woo!

I've got a suggestion for your first one.

Just now, Benice said:

I've got a suggestion for your first one.

...Is it Yakuza? Turns out there might be one on my brother's PS4, so there's that. At least I think that's the case.

The whole point of getting this one is using a controller I know can be made compatible to get working for emulators on my laptop.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Almost positive. Unless there's some really Kaga surprise at some point that I forgot about, I can tell you that Vestaria did regular reinforcements. Or else I'm misremembering really hard.

They did a few times, but it was only in Chapters 8 and 14, where the game specifically tells you at the start "HEY BITCH THIS MAP HAS AMBUSH SPAWNS AT THE EDGES DON'T GO TOO CLOSE"

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

..Is it Yakuza?

Yep.

The whole point of getting this one is using a controller I know can be made compatible to get working for emulators on my laptop.

Good news: All eight mainline Yakuza games* are avaliable on PC and are controller compatible!

*worth playing; technically OG Yakuza 1 and 2 aren't avaiable, but due to Kiwami 1 and 2, there is no reaon to play 'em other than to see hwo far the series has come.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Good news: All eight mainline Yakuza games* are avaliable on PC and are controller compatible!

*worth playing; technically OG Yakuza 1 and 2 aren't avaiable, but due to Kiwami 1 and 2, there is no reaon to play 'em other than to see hwo far the series has come.

You do realise I'm one of the people not playing on a Windows OS right? Ah, but that might not be an issue anyways.

I know where to to start looking for 0 purchase. Also, 8? There's 0-6 and what?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, I learned that lesson the hard way when I tried to make Leonie even funnier. Honestly, that was a dickmove, Kaga.

That was exactly who I used it on!

I guess Norton can have it. :v

1 minute ago, Robert Stewart said:

That was exactly who I used it on!

Of course it is. I don't care what the LTC pros say, Leonie is TRS's funniest unit.

Well, aside from maybe Luca. Luca's really funny too, but in a different way.

1 minute ago, Robert Stewart said:

I guess Norton can have it. :v

Norton's a great choice too. The one man who can somehow beat Arden in sheer beauty deserves the world.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You do realise I'm one of the people not playing on a Windows OS right? Ah, but that might not be an issue anyways.

Have...Have I converted someone to the cult of Majima?

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, 8? There's 0-6 and what?

0-7.

0-6 are focused on Kiryu and co., while 7 (AKA Like a Dragon) focuses on Ichiban and is a turnbased RPG because the main character likes Dragon quest.

As for spinoffs, There's  Dead Souls (which apparently is pretty bad, but it does have a Majima song) and Judgement, (which is supposedly excellent, but I know nothing about it). There's also two for the PSP, (I don't think that they were translated, though) and Ishin! which also sadly has yet to be localized.

Edited by Benice

Also, if you want to get really technical, Berwick has ambush spawns in every map outside 6-1, as they can move on the same turn they show up, but it doesn't feel bullshit because you can still move first. 

Edited by Spara

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Also, if you want to get really technical, Berwick has ambush spawns in every map outside 6-1, as they can move on the same turn they show up, but it doesn't feel bullshit because you can still move first. 

You can move first, and reinforcements consistently have the lowest move priority in the enemy army. So long as there are other enemies on the field, the reinforcements'll always move after them.

Besides, due to how Berwick turns work, reinforcements appearing at the end or at the start of a turn would make no difference.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

7 (AKA Like a Dragon) focuses on Ichiban and is a turnbased RPG because the main character likes Dragon quest.

That is certainly a turn I wasn't expecting.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I doubt you have a cultist yet. Just saying I remembered there might be a copy available to me after all.

I checked ProtonDB, all but 6 are tested and confirmed to at least work somewhat. So, still better then Vestaria 😞

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Besides, due to how Berwick turns work, reinforcements appearing at the end or at the start of a turn would make no difference.

True. Like I said, it's nothing more than a technicality.

And also HSoS has (I think) ambush spawns on Chapter 4; that's where I am atm but I haven't had time to play it and Berwick and do school this week. So that's 3 Vestaria maps with ambush spawns. 

That is certainly a turn I wasn't expecting

Yeah, the series changes what it does frequently. Between the fact that part of Yakuza 5 is an idol game, another part is a hunting game and all the side content...

Also, if you're feelin' the turnbased RPG part, then you can start with Y7. There'll be SOME stuff that won't make sense, but overall, it'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

checked ProtonDB, all but 6 are tested and confirmed to at least work somewhat.

Yay!

I got my vaccine at a horse racetrack today, which must have something to do with Smash since we're getting a new character today. I predict the next character will be either Johnny Joestar or a Fire Emblem cavalier.

We got sixteen XC2 songs, which is a very good amount since only Terry and Min Min got more. I don't have much to complain about aside from the lack of Drifting Soul...

Spoiler

...though it is odd that we got Amalthus's battle theme, but not The Power of Jin or Song of Giga Rosa.

The Spirit lineup is... fine, though it's interesting that we got two (technically three) new Legend spirits, which is a first for DLC. I think Pyra and Mythra's alts are aesthetically pleasing even if they're not all references, though some think one of Mythra's alts is a reference to Xenogears. The lack of a KOS-MOS alt is surprising, in fact it's weird that KOS-MOS didn't get anything at all despite being Monolith's sort-of mascot.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

I haven't played Yakuza, but Majima is playable in Project X Zone 2 and he seems pretty cool there.

When you do reverse psychology on the universe.

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

though some think one of Mythra's alts is a reference to Xenogears.

Potentially a second one

IMG_20210304_183200.jpg

IMG_20210304_183202.jpg

But even if it isn't directly references Xenogears, those colors are still Gundam-ish, so it still pays tribute to the series' roots.

21 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The lack of a KOS-MOS alt is surprising, in fact it's weird that KOS-MOS didn't get anything at all despite being Monolith's sort-of mascot

I think it's more surprising that Xenoblade X just goes completely unacknowledged. No songs, no mii costumes, just a few Spirits.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

CiKUoIz.png

Yeah, Time to Fight in Xenoblade 1 and Battle in the Skies Above in Xenoblade 2 are the only normal Xenoblade battle themes I think are meh.

The latter at least plays in one short area as opposed to half the game.

52 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I haven't played Yakuza, but Majima is playable in Project X Zone 2 and he seems pretty cool there.

I dubbeth thee Honorary Majima Cultists.