Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Although if you ask me, this one also kinda sucks.

I excluded it from normal battle themes since it only plays against specific types of enemies but it isn't really a boss theme either so I guess you could say it's a normal battle theme.

Thankfully the Skell version of the Ganglion battle theme is so much cooler

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Guys, I... I actually completed two projects in one day! 

Good job!

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's more surprising that Xenoblade X just goes completely unacknowledged. No songs, no mii costumes, just a few Spirits.

Well I'm not surprised about it, per se, but it is unfortunate.

Since it came up in the presentation, I'm glad Pyra and Mythra have a unique victory theme since it wouldn't make sense for them to use You Will Know Our Names like Shulk does. But that reminded me of something else: Robin, Lucina, and Chrom have a unique victory theme that's remixed from Id (Purpose), which bugs me for a few reasons:

• It's specifically Robin's theme, so why do Lucina and Chrom get it?
  • Relatedly, Awakening mostly uses the usual Fire Emblem theme, so the Awakening characters don't really need their own. Corrin and Byleth's games have their own main themes (Lost in Thoughts and Edge of Dawn), so they have a good reason for having their own victory themes.
  • Ganondorf still uses the same victory theme as the other Zelda characters, which is a much bigger issue than his moveset being based on Captain Falcon's. He should get his own evil theme. Sakurai bias strikes yet again.

Thank you for letting me ramble about an irrelevant topic.

Alright council of Teehee, I need another Pokémon name, this time a Buizel. 10 characters and no swear words still, go!

Edit: No one responded quickly yet I want to keep playing so I will go with Arden for @Saint Rubenio.

Edited by Sooks

Okay, anyone ever experience getting a drop that makes 0% sense?

In spoilers because I'm the one person who currently gives a shit about TWEWY, you have every right to move on:

Spoiler

So, playing this for the completionist grind, do a chain of battles to get certain pins, go through the chain alright enough because it was set at the lowest difficulty (because drop by difficulty's a thing this game does) and then find I got 1 Shadow Matter.

It's a pin I should not have gotten. Because it's pretty much locked to the highest difficulty.

I just got one on the lowest. I have no idea what just happened.

Just now, Robert Stewart said:

pic_0002.png.27adc99e0645f9f7db8a21686e39efa2.pngpic_0003.png.fb1ef910d295b2650d1550d20f50ad41.png

...does this imply that not-Anna is part of the cult of Gerxel? :thonk:

I always knew it.

Update dropped, downloading it now.

48 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's specifically Robin's theme, so why do Lucina and Chrom get it?

Probably by association.

48 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ganondorf still uses the same victory theme as the other Zelda characters, which is a much bigger issue than his moveset being based on Captain Falcon's. He should get his own evil theme. Sakurai bias strikes yet again.

Yeah, I do agree he should get like a Gerudo Valley-esque victory theme. Or at the very least a darker rendition of the main theme like Ridley.

27 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I just got one on the lowest. I have no idea what just happened.

Sounds like a glitch, albeit I understand why it wouldn't be patched out unless it was part of a bigger package. It doesn't do anything bad, and it doesn't do anything brokenly positive.

47 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Well I'm not surprised about it, per se, but it is unfortunate.

Too late for 4, too soon for Ultimate. It wouldn't surprise me if X2 fell into the same hole, as deep as the Yawning Giant. It happens, right Pokemon generations without a rep? Not helping is the lukewarm reception, there isn't as much demand to have it in, XC2 had the demand.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

The lack of a KOS-MOS alt is surprising, in fact it's weird that KOS-MOS didn't get anything at all despite being Monolith's sort-of mascot.

Egads, is it possible the franchise is moving on from her? 

I don't exactly get why she'd be considered a Mii Gunner pick, her firearms don't seem like anything "Gunnery". But then again it's a silly costume, so it doesn't really matter that it doesn't. If Xeno had gotten a Gunner costume, Elma would've been my pick. Although like the Smash 4 Lloyd costume, it'd be a little odd to have her only use one gun when she dual-wields.

11 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

pic_0002.png.27adc99e0645f9f7db8a21686e39efa2.pngpic_0003.png.fb1ef910d295b2650d1550d20f50ad41.png

...does this imply that not-Anna is part of the cult of Gerxel? :thonk:

If she is, it has to be solely as an excuse for easy access to Dark Magic publishers and scribes. Orange Anna is a moderate believer in the Zoan faith, the Gwenchaosian hardliners aren't for her. Wealth is a sign that Gerxel loves us and wants us to be happy, so trade with the infidel is perfectly fine, even in times of war with the infidel.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah, I do agree he should get like a Gerudo Valley-esque victory theme. Or at the very least a darker rendition of the main theme like Ridley.

G-dorf has his own leitmotif that he plays on the organ in OoT.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alright council of Teehee, I need another Pokémon name, this time a Buizel. 10 characters and no swear words still, go!

Let me add a random name suggestion for a future poke, the name of one of the great heroes of my 6 smeargle challenge run (also on Platinum ironically enough), of Euripides. That brave Smeargle spent his first sketch on a non-attacking move, and his constant sacrifice to cripple pokes far too powerful for feeble Smeargle to handle made him a hero.

To reiterate, Euripides.

Also Azurda says "I want to see a good, clean fight, ya hear?" whenever a match starts on the Already stage, that's so cool.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

G-dorf has his own leitmotif that he plays on the organ in OoT.

True, they could've pulled from that.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Let me add a random name suggestion for a future poke, the name of one of the great heroes of my 6 smeargle challenge run (also on Platinum ironically enough), of Euripides. That brave Smeargle spent his first sketch on a non-attacking move, and his constant sacrifice to cripple pokes far too powerful for feeble Smeargle to handle made him a hero.

To reiterate, Euripides.

Well the only Pokémon left for my team is Gible. I already have Monferno, Staravia, Shinx, Budew and Buizel (all to be evolved, of course). I try to use the same team every time I try to play through Platinum because I have yet to finish Platinum, and on my first full play through of a not-remake game I like my whole team to be all new Pokémon from that generation, and those are the Pokémon I like.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like a glitch, albeit I understand why it wouldn't be patched out unless it was part of a bigger package. It doesn't do anything bad, and it doesn't do anything brokenly positive.

If it's a glitch, it's odd how it triggered once and I didn't see any suggestion it has happened elsewhere yet.

Alternatively there's a chance it got missed. Which is weird because the game's certainly polished enough that this would be the first glitch I've heard about for this game.

Azurda just comments on how the fight is going just like in the source game. I really love this detail.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Update is out now.

Important news: MYTHRA SAYS THE THING

Mythra's down taunt is the best in the game just for that.

Spoiler

71pgkn6s14l61.png

Extensive scientific research shows that this is the last image the human brain creates at the point of death. Could this be God herself?

(I was expecting this to just be a polished version of the concept art, but this is brand new! What a pleasant surprise.)

The update also sneakily added two non-Xenoblade spirits: Sophia from Persona 5 Strikers and Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins. They're available early if you get their games but will be released for everyone else later (like Partner Pikachu and Eevee way back during launch, and the Tockles for Dragon Quest XI).

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

They're available early if you get their games but will be released for everyone else later (like Partner Pikachu and Eevee way back during launch, and the Tockles for Dragon Quest XI).

Hold on, is there clarity on which games?

Asking because I have no idea.

This is cute as hell.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

(I was expecting this to just be a polished version of the concept art, but this is brand new! What a pleasant surprise.)

Yeah, I noticed that too. Her head is positioned differently than the portrait in Xenoblade 2.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hold on, is there clarity on which games?

Asking because I have no idea.

Persona 5 Strikers for Sophia and Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection for Arthur.

Some shots from my time in Tsushima so far. The world is gorgeous and the gameplay reminds me a lot of BotW. There's already a few things that Tsushima does better than BotW as far as open-world games go, tbh.

9mlCwkiI_o.jpg

1oAeFPZu_o.jpg

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

1oAeFPZu_o.jpg

The leaves in the wind in this still image, they feel unreal, and not in a bad way. I don't have a PS4, and usually I'm not huge on realism, but that does look beautiful. Wonderful to see a feudal Japan that is magnificently photorealistic instead of cel-shaded for a change.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

After playing for an hour and a half, I gotta say, I am super pleased with everything they did for Pyra and Mythra's inclusion. So happy to see my favorite game of all time properly represented like this.

Edit: I can't get over how hard they went in on the Tiger Tiger remix. Like listen to this

Now compade it to the original

Edited by Armagon