• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Man, Lionel got another Mov level up in Map 38.

pic_0033.png.e85b35deee53bbbe4526214c3bd13211.png

This man can just not be stopped. :v

6 Move base, 1 point on promotion IIRC. Comes at level 5, with a 5% growth, so 3 procs over 23 levels, awesome. Personally I felt he was a little squishy, but Lionel is still plenty good.

14 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

They should have given Hagar Warp.

Hahahahahahahaha... That would've been absolutely amazing. If only...

Come to think of it, what actually happens if a Woodshooter uses the Movement Potion in Ballistician mode?

Huh. Good question, actually. I might give it a try if I can get my hands on a ballista.

7 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Man, Lionel got another Mov level up in Map 38.

pic_0033.png.e85b35deee53bbbe4526214c3bd13211.png

This man can just not be stopped. :v

Yeah, but is he T O U G H   A S   S T E E L ?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

6 Move base, 1 point on promotion IIRC. Comes at level 5, with a 5% growth, so 3 procs over 23 levels, awesome. Personally I felt he was a little squishy, but Lionel is still plenty good.

Pretty sure he only has 5 move at base.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

SF must have an old error in his list data then. The culprit being his innate City Fighter/Urbanite being factored in.

An easy mistake to make. If you take a look at Ezekiel's data, they made the same mistake with him - he is listed as having 5 move, when really has 4. Whoever wrote the Serenes pages for TRS must've looked at the two of them in Marlon's room of recruitment and left it at that, without realizing Urbanite triggers there.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

@lightcosmo Mythra is evenly tied with Limit Cloud, is faster than Marth/Lucina, I think evenly tied with Roy/Chrom (I could've tested that wrong tho) and against some non-swordies, looks to be tied with Fox and leaves Pikachu behind in the dust.

So yeah, just by this alone, I have to disagree with Mythra's run speed being just "ok".

Yeah, I should have combined run speed and air speed, since both are essential. 

I can say that she isnt as fast as Roy, air speed included.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That being said, the biggest problem of TRS's ballisticians, more than the ballistae restricting their movement, is the fact that ballistae are extremely rare, and without them artillerymen (that's the proper name of the class) are units with 3 movement, colossal terrain penalties and bows as their only means of attack. Ballista or no, it's nigh impossible to make use of them.

Translation: Artillerymen all deserve an instant one-way ticket to the bench. 

LeaSmug.png

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, seriously. How can you look at this image

JRd0USK.png

and not go "I want that on my team"?

Wait, is the tank the ballista or is that just what artillerymen look like? If so, do they get out of the tank to man the ballista and exchange their 3 mov for 0 mov but a lot of attack range?

30 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Mythra's air speed is still good tho.

30 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

She's probably close tho.

Tfw you watch a trailer new XB2 expansion with new Story and gameplay, with a focus on Brighid and someone else as MC and it all taking place before TtGC...

Tfw you react online, XB fanbase in huge cheer, get ready to download it and then...

You wake up from your nap

tenor.gif?itemid=14046382

Why did it all feel so real, damn it...

Edited by Shrimperor

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, is the tank the ballista or is that just what artillerymen look like? If so, do they get out of the tank to man the ballista and exchange their 3 mov for 0 mov but a lot of attack range?

They don't use the tank with their ballista (They do get out), so yes that's what they usually look like.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Translation: Artillerymen all deserve an instant one-way ticket to the bench. 

LeaSmug.png

Yep. Both of them are obvious joke units. Tom is a reclass joke before reclassing was a thing, he's a hunter who was forced to use the tank by the bad guys for... some reason. He has skill and speed-focused growths and shit defenses and strength (I'm talking 10% defense and strength) despite being on a bow armor class with armor bases. Hagar arrives in chapter 34 with roughly the same stats as base Tom in chapter 7. He has like two scenes and in both of them he's being made fun of.

Sooo yeah. Benching's the intended approach, I think. Tom has very situational utility, Hagar is completely useless.

Except they're literal tanks in FE, so you gotta use them, because tanks are cool.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, is the tank the ballista or is that just what artillerymen look like?

The tank is how they usually look. They get out of the tank when you make them use a ballista.

BWmS4VMO_o.png

IMG_20210306_130001.jpg?width=216&height

So it might be hard to tell through the picture but

That's a wasp. Somehow, a wasp got inside the balcony. Which means it is now off-limits until it gets out the way it came or it dies because i'm legitimately terrified of these things.. The only thing between me and that abomination of a life-form is the sliding door. 

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw you watch a trailer new XB2 expansion with new Story and gameplay, with a focus on Brighid and someone else as MC and it all taking place before TtGC...

Tfw you react online, XB fanbase in huge cheer, get ready to download it and then...

tenor.gif?itemid=14046382

Why did it all feel so real, damn it...

IMG_20200913_220228.jpg

24 minutes ago, Dayni said:

They don't use the tank with their ballista (They do get out), so yes that's what they usually look like.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The tank is how they usually look. They get out of the tank when you make them use a ballista.

BWmS4VMO_o.png

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Kaga may have done tanks first but IntSys did it better because Fates Ballisticans don't need to get out to use the ballista. They are the ballista. I mean, they can't actually kill with it but still.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mythra's air speed is still good tho.

She's probably close tho.

Mythra has the fifth fastest dash speed (behind Sonic, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and Sheik) and the eleventh fastest air speed. Conversely, Pyra has the sixth slowest dash speed (ahead of Mii Gunner, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Robin, and Incineroar), while her air speed is tied with Joker's for 37th place.

Both of them are middleweights, though Mythra is slightly lighter. The jury's still out on if Pyra is heavier than Tora though.

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If it makes you feel better, Pyra and Mythra being in Smash is basically a Xenoblade 2 expansion.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kaga may have done tanks first but IntSys did it better because Fates Ballisticans don't need to get out to use the ballista. They are the ballista. I mean, they can't actually kill with it but still.

I mean, yeah. I never said these guys are well made.

You know what they are, though? Free. As opposed to, y'know, fucking DLC for one class.

(At least I think it was like that, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what they are, though? Free. As opposed to, y'know, fucking DLC for one class.

Fair. Although it's not just for one class, any male unit can reclass into Ballistician if they want. You can potentially have an entire army of them if you want.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fair. Although it's not just for one class, any male unit can reclass into Ballistician if they want. You can potentially have an entire army of them if you want.

I mean yeah, but you have to pay for access to the class. That's really shitty. Classes aren't a big enough concept to warrant being paid DLC, in my humble opinion.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean yeah, but you have to pay for access to the class. That's really shitty. Classes aren't a big enough concept to warrant being paid DLC, in my humble opinion.

On it's own yeah but it comes with a map.

Now the Overclass DLC in Echoes. That was shitty because all it is is just the reclass statue. No map, no dungeons, just the statue.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We’re all ballisticans in the eyes of the God-Emperor Rubenio...

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200913_220228.jpg

Yeah imagination can be wild sometimes.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, yeah. I never said these guys are well made.

(At least I think it was like that, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Correction here: you can get 1 free balista per run in fates

Just now, Armagon said:

On it's own yeah but it comes with a map.

Ahh, I didn't know that. Depending on the map and the price, it might be... tolerable.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now the Overclass DLC in Echoes. That was shitty because all it is is just the reclass statue. No map, no dungeons, just the statue.

Ahh, yeah... the Echoes DLCs. The map packs were... all right, but wow some of that other shit was too much.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Correction here: you can get 1 free balista per run in fates

What? How?

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

We all suck in the eyes of the “God-Emperor”?

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Why am I God-Emperor now? I mean, not complaining, but how did that happen?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We all suck in the eyes of the “God-Emperor”?

That's not true! You're all armor knights in my eyes. Not one horseman among you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Depending on the map and the price, it might be... tolerable.

I actually do not remember how good the map was or even what it was lmao. I do remember that the Witch DLC came with a recreation of a map from Gaiden. Which is funny considering SoV ended up being a thing.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, yeah... the Echoes DLCs. The map packs were... all right, but wow some of that other shit was too much.

Easily the best part about Echoes' DLC was the Cipher characters and I am so mad that it was just a one-and-done thing.

My opinion on Three Houses' DLC would legitimately be more favorable if there was Cipher DLC, featuring both the original four and the new Cipher OCs that got introduced after SoV had come out.

Edited by Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

SoV DLC never got a discount smdh. Of all the DLC that would need a price cut to justify that one's definitely up there.