• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Isn't that kinda a tough call in Japan? I've heard they like the idea of "once a Seiyuu dies, you put the characters they voiced in the grave too". Though in reality as more and more things have been voice-acted, I suppose they realize they can't be so choosy. And operating on the premise the OG subseries is never going to end as long as SRW doesn't end, Excellen would need a new voice.

Oh, they certainly do that. Thing is, sometimes you can't since the character is still important or has a role to play, or you want to keep the character around for XYZ reason (popularity being one, for example). So yeah, with Excellen since she is a big player in SRW OGverse, they're not going to kill her or retire her. So the seiyuu change comes from necessity. And with it, comes having her show up for other stuff as a might as well.

So that's the first two chapters done. Yep, TearRing is Fire Emblem alright. 

I actually disagree with @Saint Rubenio that the game is slow.....mostly. As far as the movement and animations go, they go by fast if you have those settings turned on. It only feels slow because of the slight delay on some things. This is definitely more of the game than the PS1 because i played through all of Xenogears and parts of Final Fantasy 7 and Tales of Phantasia and i can't say i ever saw delay on those games.

I will say the game does slightly waste your time when choosing which enemy to attack. See, this is how it goes

Screenshot_2721.png?width=553&height=432

Screenshot_2722.png?width=561&height=432

Screenshot_2723.png?width=556&height=432

You can easily remove the second part in this sequence and it would be for the better. Because you're essentially choosing the enemy twice.

Other thing i noticed is that Kaga definitely forgot to include auto-end in this, considering it's been in all his games prior.

And then there's the most evil thing of all

Screenshot_2725.png?width=554&height=432

Years of muscle memory have been instantly fucked by this design choice.

WHY is "wait" the default option? Granted, i didn't notice until i went to use the staff to heal but accidentally ended up ending Enteh's turn because "Staff" is not the first option on the list. And now i can't stop thinking about it. This is worse than when the game (as in any FE/Kaga game, not this one specifically) always defaults your heals to however has the higher HP.

Anyways i finished Ch.2 at like turn 20 because i almost forgot about Plum so i had to send Enteh across the map to recruit her after i had killed the boss. I was so close to missing Plum right there.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you want to know what that  next to her name means, it means it's Game Over if Enteh dies, she is basically another lord, albeit a staffbot.

Imma be honest, i didn't even notice the star lmao. But yeah, i gotta be more careful with her then.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2719.png?width=554&height=432

@Benice @Saint Rubenio this is the guy y'all said i should pick?

Yeah... If you want the best combat unit, at least.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Years of muscle memory have been instantly fucked by this design choice.

WHY is "wait" the default option? Granted, i didn't notice until i went to use the staff to heal but accidentally ended up ending Enteh's turn because "Staff" is not the first option on the list. And now i can't stop thinking about it. This is worse than when the game (as in any FE/Kaga game, not this one specifically) always defaults your heals to however has the higher HP.

I feel you.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, just in case... SRW J when, Benice.

I intend to finally get to it after I'm done with watching The Song of Life, so...Reasonably soon!

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

So how do you load a save state with Mednafen? Online says press F5 to save and F7 to load but F7 doesn't load for me, instead it turns on airplane mode.

What? How strange. F7 works for me.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nope.

Yeah, i'm gonna play on ePSXe then. No fast-forward might be a bummer but i'll gladly sacrifice it over no easy save stating.

I can only hope you won't regret this choice in one of the later Holmes maps, like I did.

Then again, you like Tellius, and even the map that made me quit TRS once pales in comparison to, like, all of RD part 4, so...

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2719.png?width=554&height=432

@Benice @Saint Rubenio this is the guy y'all said i should pick?

If you're a bore, yes.

Honestly though, that guy is like, the best combat unit in the entire game. Good pick for a first run.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I actually disagree with @Saint Rubenio that the game is slow.....mostly. As far as the movement and animations go, they go by fast if you have those settings turned on. It only feels slow because of the slight delay on some things. This is definitely more of the game than the PS1 because i played through all of Xenogears and parts of Final Fantasy 7 and Tales of Phantasia and i can't say i ever saw delay on those games.

Oh yeah, that's what I was saying. The gmae itself isn't slow, but the loading issues might be problematic down the line. But perhaps it's more of a me being impatient problem than anything else.

Other thing i noticed is that Kaga definitely forgot to include auto-end in this, considering it's been in all his games prior.

I always have auto-end turns off, so I never noticed. A habit I developed from my LPs.

Hey, fair is fair - it's an improvement over Thracia. In Thracia wait was the default option all the time. In this game attack comes above it, at least 

But yeah, that sucks, be very careful. Mednafen has rewind, which I'll admit I've used for this reason more than a couple times, but ePSXe, well...

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Isn't fast forward on ePSXe just pressing F4?

If it is, I never found it. Well, it doesn't matter now. I've been using Mednafen for too long, not gonna change now. Still, that might be useful knowledge for @Armagon, so let me give him a quick ping.

And got Odyssey for Maker 2

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

the slight delay on some things

Yeah this delay really really stings imo.

Dunno about you, but for me it's super noticeable, especially coupled with the general slowness of the game-

Edited by Shrimperor

54 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nice. Enjoy!~

54 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah this delay really really stings imo.

Dunno about you, but for me it's super noticeable, especially coupled with the general slowness of the game-

Yep, that was the biggest gripe I had with it as well.

Morning all. waves

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Great trade-off, in my opinion. Odyssey is not without flaws, but I got a great bunch of hours out of it.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I've got to agree with you there. I truly began to love TRS when I got an emulator with fast forward. And rewind, for the occassional healer misclick.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And rewind, for the occassional healer misclick.

TRS is a game where you hardly even need healers, though. difficulty is very low, except in one situation. The chapter in the woods where they ballista snipe you, that chapter is hell.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

TRS is a game where you hardly even need healers, though. difficulty is very low, except in one situation. The chapter in the woods where they ballista snipe you, that chapter is hell.

This is an exaggeration, I would say. The game's difficulty isn't high, for the most part, but it's definitely not so hilariously low that you will never sustain any injuries at all, and healing items are expensive.

Still, it's true that the difficulty in TRS is interesting, to say the least. It has some spikes in places where it makes sense due to the story, but for the most part it is rather low. Though I must say, I find it rather commendable that the game can hold my interest as much as it does in spite of the low-ish difficulty. The interesting maps and really unique playable cast are the reason, I think. They're something that, say, PoR does not have, in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Don't try it!

EEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNGH

Seriously, Anakin's battle cry when he tried it was absolutely hilarious. He sounds like he's trying to take a massive shit, it's amazing.

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What does tuturu even mean? Good morning, that it?