• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What? How strange. F7 works for me.

F7 is the airplane mode button on my laptop so I guess that just takes priority over load state.

The gmae itself isn't slow, but the loading issues might be problematic down the line. But perhaps it's more of a me being impatient problem than anything else.

Understandable. The game really wants you to know what chapter you're on, that it's the enemy's turn, that you just entered a house, etc.

I always have auto-end turns off, so I never noticed. A habit I developed from my LPs.

This is like having light-mode turned on when night-mode exists.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it is, I never found it. Well, it doesn't matter now. I've been using Mednafen for too long, not gonna change now. Still, that might be useful knowledge for @Armagon, so let me give him a quick ping.

I haven't tried that yet but I will attempt it on my next play session.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And got Odyssey for Maker 2

Nice nice.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

F7 is the airplane mode button on my laptop so I guess that just takes priority over load state.

Unfortunate. You could've rebound it by pressing F2, but it's too late now. No matter.

Understandable. The game really wants you to know what chapter you're on, that it's the enemy's turn, that you just entered a house, etc.

I don't know, I find the loud-ass door sound when you enter a village to be positively satisfying.

This is like having light-mode turned on when night-mode exists.

When you're doing a screenshot LP, it's handy so you can take screenshots of what things are looking like by the end of a turn. Nowadays, I just enjoy being able to take a look around after I'm done. Pressing end turn is not that terrible, for me personally.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then he proceeds to get none of them because he's a 5 move liability that serves no purpose beyond seizing. You want your supports on better units.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Cecilia is the original Byleth.

No, because Roycilia doesn't exist and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Except Cecilia is actually much older than Roy, unlike Byleth compared to their students.

...pretty sure the reasons that student grooming is frowned upon have nothing to do with the teacher's age.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, BrightBow said:

...pretty sure the reasons that student grooming is frowned upon have nothing to do with the teacher's age.

It's hardly grooming when the teacher treats their students like a friend and only initiates a romantic relationship once they're all fully adults.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

It's hardly grooming when the teacher treats their students like a friend and only initiates a romantic relationship once they're all fully adults.

...that's exactly what grooming is.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunate. You could've rebound it by pressing F2, but it's too late now. No matter.

I mean, I can try that and just migrate the saves.

I just don't know how to rebind the button, I didn't see any options for it.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't know, I find the loud-ass door sound when you enter a village to be positively satisfying.

It's the Shrek "somebody once told me" but in reverse haha.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Bro if I had $10 for everytime you've said this comment or something similar, I'd have bought my own house by now.

Just now, Armagon said:

Bro if I had $10 for everytime you've said this comment or something similar, I'd have bought my own house by now.

Hey, I was just trying to shit on the older games for a change.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just don't know how to rebind the button, I didn't see any options for it.

While ingame, press F2, then press the key that you want to rebind. Of course, that'll trigger airplane mode, but once you've rebound load state to something else, you won't have to press F7 ever again if you don't want to.

That's the Mednafen way. There's a proper menu in Medlaunch, but I'm not sure if you installed it or not. If so, I can send you a screenshot of where it is.

Great, two resets in Fort Balt. Piece of shit Mahovah is to blame every time. I'm going to enjoy his demise...

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is an exaggeration, I would say. The game's difficulty isn't high, for the most part, but it's definitely not so hilariously low that you will never sustain any injuries at all, and healing items are expensive.

Still, it's true that the difficulty in TRS is interesting, to say the least. It has some spikes in places where it makes sense due to the story, but for the most part it is rather low. Though I must say, I find it rather commendable that the game can hold my interest as much as it does in spite of the low-ish difficulty. The interesting maps and really unique playable cast are the reason, I think. They're something that, say, PoR does not have, in my opinion.

Just use Vega, no healing needed. Xd

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Just use Vega, no healing needed. Xd

Not quite true. Vega takes little damage with his sword, but he takes damage. He's going to be in trouble if he fails to dodge one too many times.

...Now, Shigen, on the other hand...

Cecilia wasn't Roy's teacher either when they started bumping uglies. Doesn't make it any better, though. ...although I suppose unlike Byleth I'm sure she at least didn't see Roy as an object of sexual lust.

Still, it's not like the game actually seizes this setup as an opportunity to explore that kind of relationship. She is just another girl in Roy's harem. Which kinda highlights the ugly meta implication that someone simply thought a "milf" humping a "shota" was hot, so they just threw it in with no consideration on how this reflects on the characters involved.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the Mednafen way. There's a proper menu in Medlaunch, but I'm not sure if you installed it or not. If so, I can send you a screenshot of where it is.

Please do. I actually don't know if I have that installed but I'd like to know what to look for.

Edit: I mean, I have Medlaunch installed, yes.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Cecilia wasn't Roy's teacher either when they started bumping uglies. Doesn't make it any better, though. ...although I suppose unlike Byleth I'm sure she at least didn't see Roy as an object of sexual lust.

The whole point of Byleth is that you don’t know what they see. Like at all.