Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Out of the blue question for any Smash players: Who is the character or characters you dislike facing off against most? As in just a boring matchup, frustrating personally, anything! I'm curious to see if anyone shares opinions on characters.

• Joker. Good Jokers are annoying because they rely on the cheat comeback mechanic that is Arsene
  • Palutena can just Nair you across the stage and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • Space Furries. Yeah.
1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I kinda main Zelda and never play her like that xD

Same. If anything, i like to use 「 T H E   P H A N T O M 」a lot more.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Wario. I fucking hate his shoulder special thing

Well good news because Wario got fucking murdered with this latest patch.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same. If anything, i like to use 「 T H E   P H A N T O M 」a lot more

Yup. Space enemies with projectiles or back air and then the power of [STAND] To keep em away along with side special (which murders at right % and direct hit).

And thanks for new wallpaper 😄

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well good news because Wario got fucking murdered with this latest patch.

Niccccccce xD

Edited by Shrimperor

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's for this same reason that i don't think we'll get King Ghidorah but King Ghidorah is also too iconic so we'll see.

• Then again, Ghidorah was the hero once. They could go the GMK route again.

Since Godzilla is being promoted as the big bad monster corrupting everything, either there's a twist where "King Ghidorah is really behind everything" or (more likely) he'll get a tease at the end of the last episode and he'll be saved for a future season. King Ghidorah was only a good guy in GMK because Anguirus and Varan weren't marketable enough, and since he's best known as Godzilla's nemesis I don't think we'll get a heroic Ghidorah again. Speaking of, I'm glad that Singular Point is giving lesser known monsters some attention. 

If/when Ghidorah does show up in SP, I wouldn't mind if they went really out-there with his concept. The MonsterVerse has the peak "traditional" Ghidorah so it'd be interesting for something new next time.

On the topic of Smash, one thing I realized is that Pyra and Mythra dodged a bullet by not being the last character. The last character will inevitably get flak for not being *insert popular request here* no matter who they are, so I'm glad they avoided that baggage. I considered beforehand that XC2 might be saved for the last character if it got one (like Byleth), but Pyra and Mythra were announced now so that wasn't an issue.

Edited by Lightchao42

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm gonna pass out at work... of boredom...

Oof. I'm sorry to hear that...

Just now, Benice said:

Oof. I'm sorry to hear that...

Eh, could be worse. Could be actually exhausting. Really, the only problem is when I stay for eleven hours and a half. It's just too much time doing simple if monotonous stuff...

Screenshot_2758.png?width=559&height=432

Ok let's try this again.

I like how Garo says "fun times Runan, but i'm going back to Holmes now" and there's nothing stopping you from keeping him in Runan's army.

I sent Raquel over to Holmes so she can help train the weaker units.

Also i found the Knight Crest. It was in Esther's inventory. Gonna promote Narron ASAP.

Both armies are nearly even, there's just a one unit difference because Zeek is dead lol.

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of, I'm glad that Singular Point is giving lesser known monsters some attention. 

Same. These monsters did get some good attention in the comics but comics are a niche medium compared to TV and movies.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

On the topic of Smash, one thing I realized is that Pyra and Mythra dodged a bullet by not being the last character. The last character will inevitably get flak for not being *insert popular request here* no matter who they are, so I'm glad they avoided that baggage.

And at least in my case, since Pyra and Mythra were my most wanted characters, now that they're in, the rest of the DLC is just bonus. 

Casual Mode made the High Entia Tomb boss fight too easy, my characters still ran low on HP at one point, but it was bearable. I didn't want to be roadblocked, so I accept my stooping to that low. The boss of Prison Island by contrast a cinch even without Casual Mode, took damage real fast and spent most the short fight Topple-locked. Three on one, fun. Three on more, my face to the floor. I think this applies to Xenoblade bosses (and common enemies) as a whole, and probably JRPGs in general.

29 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

On the topic of Smash, one thing I realized is that Pyra and Mythra dodged a bullet by not being the last character. The last character will inevitably get flak for not being *insert popular request here* no matter who they are, so I'm glad they avoided that baggage. I considered beforehand that XC2 might be saved for the last character if it got one (like Byleth), but Pyra and Mythra were announced now so that wasn't an issue.

I know the Switch is getting older and Sakurai is eternally brought the verge of metaphoric organ failure by the toil imposed on him by Smash, but is there any realistic chance of a Fighter Pass 3? Perhaps on a smaller scale? -Not saying I want it, I don't as a non-owner of Smash U, just pondering.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Both armies are nearly even, there's just a one unit difference because Zeek is dead lol.

Since Maruj is with Holmes, stop by Mars Temple again. 😉

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Out of the blue question for any Smash players: Who is the character or characters you dislike facing off against most? As in just a boring matchup, frustrating personally, anything! I'm curious to see if anyone shares opinions on characters.

As someone who mains Marcina and plays a good bit of Ike as well, my biggest frustrations come from projectiles and getting combo'd.

G&W, ROB, and Falcon mains can beat the crap of out me before I have a chance to respond. Granted, my skill isn't great, but sometimes I feel locked out of even having an opportunity to come back. Terry Bogard can be like this too.

I can just lump all projectile mains in together, but some of the worst ones are Link mains (all of the Links) and Ness mains (PK fire!).

And Joker. I hate fighting Joker because of how flipping broken Arsene is. Get him on the ropes and bam, he can come back from a losing situation because of his OP powerup.

Re: Smash, I have one thing to say, since I don't own it and don't play it that much:

Joker's appearance in smash has ensured that I will never play Persona 5!

Just now, Benice said:

Re: Smash, I have one thing to say, since I don't own it and don't play it that much:

Joker's appearance in smash has ensured that I will never play Persona 5!

Why?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Why?

ARSENNE MAKES ME WANNA USE THE ARSON I INHERITED FROM MY GREAT GANDPA AND GREAT GREAT UNCLE

Man, for some reason i feel like writing some of my fav. Characters storming a magic castle together....

Thanks, Origami King, now that Plot Bunny will not leave my head for the next week thanks to your final dungeon xD

I still weep for the dead of my writing time...

Though yesterday I still managed to finish a chapter for one of my projects.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know the Switch is getting older and Sakurai is eternally brought the verge of metaphoric organ failure by the toil imposed on him by Smash, but is there any realistic chance of a Fighter Pass 3? Perhaps on a smaller scale? -Not saying I want it, I don't as a non-owner of Smash U, just pondering.

Sakurai said during the Pyra/Mythra presentation (and the subsequent Famitsu column) that there are only two characters left, so probably not since he would know by now if there's going to be more.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but is there any realistic chance of a Fighter Pass 3? Perhaps on a smaller scale?

I fairly doubt we'll get a Fighters Pass 3. Not ruling it out but considering Fighter Pass 2 was never intended in the first place, I feel like this is it. We got two more characters to go.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
  • Joker. Good Jokers are annoying because they rely on the cheat comeback mechanic that is Arsene
  • Palutena can just Nair you across the stage and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • Space Furries. Yeah.

Agreed on the first two, but what do you mean by Space Furries? Do you mean the Star Fox crew? 

44 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

As someone who mains Marcina and plays a good bit of Ike as well, my biggest frustrations come from projectiles and getting combo'd.

G&W, ROB, and Falcon mains can beat the crap of out me before I have a chance to respond. Granted, my skill isn't great, but sometimes I feel locked out of even having an opportunity to come back. Terry Bogard can be like this too.

I can just lump all projectile mains in together, but some of the worst ones are Link mains (all of the Links) and Ness mains (PK fire!).

And Joker. I hate fighting Joker because of how flipping broken Arsene is. Get him on the ropes and bam, he can come back from a losing situation because of his OP powerup.

Well, for Lucina, Dolphin Slash should be used as a common combo breaker when needed.

Agreed on ROB, he can be pretty rough. 

I also agree on Link and sorta Young Link, but Toonie isnt that big of a threat, projectile wise.

Joker is simply a lame character, no offence to the Joker fans. 

Also, protip for you Armagon since I assume you main Pyra/Mythra. Foresight shuts Falco down hard. Multi hit attacks are his game, and Mytha can turn the tables sooo easily against him.

Not that I dont love Mythra but I think they should tone down on the Foresight mechanic a bit. It is kinda insane that it shuts down any multi character. Maybe make it a bit less effective after a few uses (like Shulks vision)

It's just a get out of jail free card, lol.

TRS Ch.11 pretty stinky ngl.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not that I dont love Mythra but I think they should tone down on the Foresight mechanic a bit. It is kinda insane that it shuts down any multi character. Maybe make it a bit less effective after a few uses (like Shulks vision)

It's just a get out of jail free card, lol.

Nah, you still take damage if you use it. I say it's fine.