• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And give Daisy some actual relevance while they're at it.

At least she actually starred in a game, which is more than we can say about Waluigi.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looking at Wikipedia, Mira is Latin meaning "wonderful, astonishing", from which English would get the word "miracle" and like words in Latin-based/influenced languages.

Well it's certainly very fitting then.

Although it's also funny because "mira" is Spanish for "look". "Mira esto" ("look at this").

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Haha, it was the opposite for me when I was playing through Trails.

Same with "Gnosis" and "Merkabah".

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least she actually starred in a game, which is more than we can say about Waluigi.

I think saying that Daisy “starred” in Super Mario Land is a bit generous, don’t you think? Unless you’re talking about Super Mario Run...

And Godzilla vs. Kong is officially only two weeks away, hooray! Maybe I’ll share revised predictions later.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shura: The least anime character in the game. The devs hate him for it. Still very anime.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the other hand, back in Super Mario Land Daisy was just a Peach recolor (or should we say "uncolor", given the game was on Gameboy and all?), and ever since she's been given the Waluigi treatment.

But hey, at least she's awesome in Mario Strikers. And Waluigi's too, actually. Everyone's awesome in Mario Strikers. They should make another Mario Strikers.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

think saying that Daisy “starred” in Super Mario Land is a bit generous, don’t you think?

Well at least that's still a mainline title.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and ever since she's been given the Waluigi treatment.

Waluigi isn't playable in Smash tho.

They should make another Mario Strikers.

They should make another Mario Super Sluggers while they're at it.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Waluigi isn't playable in Smash tho.

To the great chagrin of some people out there.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They should make another Mario Super Sluggers while they're at it.

Mario Basketball, too. What was that called, even? I cannot remember. Heck, Mario's been in everything! What's left at this point? Mario Cricket? Mario Boules? Mario Tax Forms? Not much!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I just got reminded we got another Mario Golf instead of something more worthwhile... like another Golden Sun game...

Implying Mario Golf wasn't the coolest thing about that direct if you weren't a Xenoblade fan

Okay Badtitle Strategy was a thing, but I mean, 2022

And the Miitopia port was okay too I guess, but no seriously, what else was there?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mario Basketball, too. What was that called, even?

Mario Hoops: 3-on-3. Which, on account of being made by Square Enix, had Final Fantasy characters in it (but none of the named ones).

White_Mage.png

White Mage in Mario Hoops was just proto-Rosalina.

Just now, Armagon said:

Mario Hoops: 3-on-3. Which, on account of being made by Square Enix, had Final Fantasy characters in it (but none of the named ones).

White_Mage.png

White Mage in Mario Hoops was just proto-Rosalina.

Oh yeah, I remember that. This and Mario Sports Mix both had FF characters. I loved Mix's dodgeball as a kid, played it a whole bunch, but having no idea what a Final Fantasy was, all those weird characters always mystified me.

Oh yeah, that was interesting.

Speaking of Mario - SE crossovers, there's also that Itadaki Street game, with Mario crossing over with Dragon Quest.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And why would starfish deliver babies?

To quote my would-be post:

"It is a common misconception that storks are the ones who deliver babies. However, this is provably false. Storks would have to deliver their own babies to themselves, thus leading to a variety of inefficiencies both within the delivery infrastructure and stork population. Modern scientific evidence suggest that it is starfish who deliver babies rather than storks due to the fact that they can reproduce simply by lopping off an arm, thus making them more efficient than storks."

'Morning!

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shura: The least anime character in the game. The devs hate him for it. Still very anime.

Least anime character in the game? Ruben, I thought you were an expert on hating the animoos! Shura is quite anime.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Implying Mario Golf wasn't the coolest thing about that direct if you weren't a Xenoblade fan

Okay Badtitle Strategy was a thing, but I mean, 2022

And the Miitopia port was okay too I guess, but no seriously, what else was there?

Skyward Sword HD.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Least anime character in the game? Ruben, I thought you were an expert on hating the animoos! Shura is quite anime.

Yes... I did say "still very anime", didn't I? However, he has two character traits instead of one, and he pulls off the "morally gray" thing better than the relevant characters who are supposed to be morally gray. Plus, he's old. Like, something around 30 years old, fucking ancient. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it, but I think plotwise he may be my favorite character in Fates, just because he's not as obscenely bad as everyone else.

...With the exception of Izana, but that's only because I find Izana's one character trait to be wonderful.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Skyward Sword HD.

Oh. Right. Yeah, that is pretty cool, I suppose. Blame that mishap on my complete lack of interest in Zelda.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh. Right. Yeah, that is pretty cool, I suppose. Blame that mishap on my complete lack of interest in Zelda.

56Bzf8K.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Even being a rickety old man by anime standards doesn't save you. I mean, heck, being a rickety old man period isn't enough. You can marry Gunter, after all.

Just now, Benice said:

56Bzf8K.jpg

And have to deal with Joycon drift because my pro controller can't do motion shenanigans? Fuck that.

And have to deal with Joycon drift because my pro controller can't do motion shenanigans? Fuck that.

There's a control scheme you can use that is exclusively buttons.

That said, I'm kind of on the fence about the game myself.