Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right... Well, I suppose there's always piracy for the westerners.

This is such a funny statement. Especially with no context.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I need not hound others to remain secure in the supremacy of Kaga's magnum opus, for that is an indisputable fact in and of itself!

Glances at three houses rants

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anyway, I grinded up class masteries for Shamir and Catherine, but Shamir’s broken weapon was a bow, so I stayed in the battle way longer to grind up her bow rank. S rank bows, heck yeah.

Man, I cannot say I went that far before.

I assume she was A+ beforehand though.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is such a funny statement. Especially with no context.

Do what you want cause a pirate is free...

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Glances at three houses rants

You dare to imply I am insecure!?

...I have no rebuttal.

I think this is my new favorite underrated prequels line. I'm chuckling like a moron.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Man, I cannot say I went that far before.

I assume she was A+ beforehand though.

A actually. But sniper gives +3 to bow exp and she had the knowledge gem and I danced her every turn so she was getting 18 bow exp per turn.

Should I feel bad for grinding like that? Nah, because of her high bow rank and all my tutoring I would have been able to get her up that high anyway. On to S+!

The plan for her is bowfaire from sniper + bowfaire from S bows + bow prowess 5 + death blow + bow crit +10 + killer bow+ + hunter’s volley.

In conclusion, high weapon ranks good.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A actually. But sniper gives +3 to bow exp and she had the knowledge gem and I danced her every turn so she was getting 18 bow exp per turn.

I mean, I knew it'd wouldn't be you were doing it at 2 wexp or something like that, but it was still surprising to read that in Part 2.

Combined with every map having a time limit.

The weather is beautiful outside today, summer warmth but without the heat. One day only and I've been enjoying it. In part because high winds blew the power out, and then a brushfire caused an almost immediate second outage.

But, all is good now, and I've started playing a Highlands map with the Gauls on a Highlands map in Civilization VI to try out the New Frontier Pass DLC. I will cover the world in the most cultured mines ever and create a manspreading empire of production. A Science Victory is what I'll go for.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Also is it me or is eight blank Magnus too little? Felt this way in Eternal Wings too.

You should eventually receive more Blank Magnus this time, I forget exactly when though. I think there are two additional doling outs of 8 each, for 24 total, although at least one mandatory Quest Magnus you can't ever drop exists (I don't get why its a Magnus then). You should end up with three rows of Blanks, that I do remember well.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Side note but I'm assuming Origins shows more of the Baten Kaitos world because Hasaleh was not in Eternal Wings. I'm guessing Eternal Wings only showed what was relevant to that game's story.

Hassaleh is barely inhabited and has no End Magnus or anything else of value, it'd make sense it wouldn't be visited in Eternal Wings.

Some of the few fans of this game would speculate that Hassaleh and the Celestial Alps are somehow related, they look somewhat similar in geography, and have Caplins- those sheep with bat wings. 

Given there is another minor island not seen in Eternal Wings (which you won't be visiting for a long time), there is at least one other case of "unseen, but existed". 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer so i'm guessing restoring the Magnus Town of Sedna is Origin's version of the Star Map Restoration from Eternal Wings?

Correct. In Eternal Wings you had three big quests: Star Map Restoration, Quzman's Genealogy, and the Animal Campaign to Wazn. In Origins, you have a different big trio of: Magnus Town of Sedna, the Coliseum, and Pac-Man.

Sedna can't be finished until late into the game, and will require a search for a few immigrants to get one of the Sedna Magnus eventually sorry if that brings back Colony 6 trauma.

A few common enemies can drop Sedna Magnus. In Origins, only the last enemy killed has a chance of dropping a Magnus, so you want to save the Sedna culprits for last.:

• Magma Beast
  • Bar-Mool
  • Spell Shellfish
  • Lanocaulis

Are the rewards from Sedna worth it? Not really. But the town does look great, being claymation and all.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Wait, wha...? Why would they translate the games to English but only sell them in the places where people generally wouldn't need an English localization? What's the logic behind that?

What Acacia said is true but keep in mind the English quality of these "Asian versions" can vary a lot. In the case of SRW, it looks like there's actual effort put into the English translation. Granblue Fantasy Versus also had a fully English version, complete with the voice acting, released in Asian territories a month before the West, which is just weird.

More often than not tho, the English translations tend to be either very literal or just translated wrong and you end up getting some hilarious results.

Case in point

sao-09-011-1271x720.png

A very grave error, if you ask me.

There's a website that just has a whole bunch of translation errors and such documented but i forget the name of it.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think this is my new favorite underrated prequels line. I'm chuckling like a moron.

Prequels dialogue is so unintentionally hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In Origins, you have a different big trio of: Magnus Town of Sedna, the Coliseum, and Pac-Man.

PAC-MAN?!

Bro you can't just tell me there's Pac-Man in this game without context. I mean, i guess i'm not surprised considering there was a dungeon that was literally Tower of Duraga in the last game.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are the rewards from Sedna worth it? Not really. But the town does look great, being claymation and all.

Well just like the Star Map, i'll fill it in as i go but won't make it a goal to actually finish it.

None of it is missable, right?

This reminds me how the DS port of Chrono Trigger also had an English script in the Japanese version. Except it was seemingly the actual localized script the other versions would get. The NA release was only five days apart, so very likely they used the same one. Other than why put the English script in the Japanese version in the first place. Again, probably for those areas in East Asia that do speak English.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Case in point

sao-09-011-1271x720.png

A very grave error,

Str+15

Atk +20

Def +170

Hit -20

Dodge +50

Poison +25

Effect: Big horny in graveyards

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Prequels dialogue is so unintentionally hilarious.

I just love how the guy doesn't miss a beat. For all he knows the wifi just crashed, but he instantly assumes that the cause is "INVASION." Amazing. How could anyone hate these movies? They're the best.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

A joke like that would knock 'em dead, ngl.

I'm not sorry.

See, this is why translating is difficult. You need to take the context into account, the different meanings of words, so many things. You can't just focus on what's dead ahead of you.

A stretch, to be sure, but I'm no good at puns. This is as good as I can do.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

A joke like that would knock 'em dead, ngl.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, this is what translating is difficult. You need to take the context into account, the different meanings of words, so many things. You can't just focus on what's dead ahead of you.

I see we're all on the same wavelength.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just love how the guy doesn't miss a beat. For all he knows the wifi just crashed, but he instantly assumes that the cause is "INVASION." Amazing. How could anyone hate these movies? They're the best.

Funnily enough, this video uses that line as an example of why Prequel just sometimes doesn't make sense.

(The entire video is great but it's like an hour long so i just timestampped).

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How could anyone hate these movies? They're the best.

Then watch them! If all the lines are that funny to you you might like them. Maybe.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Funnily enough, this video uses that line as an example of why Prequel just sometimes doesn't make sense.

Hahahahahaha... It really doesn't make any sense. Next time the wifi goes down, I'm going to nab my parents and run to the basement for cover from the invaders' fire. I mean, what else could it be?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Then watch them! If all the lines are that funny to you you might like them. Maybe.

Awesome lightstick fights and hilarious dialogue? Sign me the fuck up, I really gotta one of these days!

I watched the Prequels when I was young, my thoughts were that the first one was boring until darth maul happens and *spoilers* bites the dust. I don’t remember much of the second one, but I liked the action-y parts again (assuming plural, there was this one part where they were at an arena or something, so I remember that one). I thought the third one was great because all the Anakin stuff was interesting.

I think I was six.

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

What did you do to break Shamir?

Death blow (strength +6 when initiating combat), bow crit +10, killer bow+, and hunter’s volley (brave combat art with some crit).

Oh and bowfaire from sniper.

Edited by Sooks

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Awesome lightstick fights and hilarious dialogue? Sign me the fuck up, I really gotta one of these days!

I think the “lightstick fights” were actually good in these movies though, not like Obi-wan v. Darth Vader level.

Edited by Sooks

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

PAC-MAN?!

Bro you can't just tell me there's Pac-Man in this game without context. I mean, i guess i'm not surprised considering there was a dungeon that was literally Tower of Duraga in the last game.

They invited Pac-Man?!

latest?cb=20180101004502

That cherry chasing dot muncher isn't even part of this series!

From what I've heard, the quest to get Pac-Man's card makes Ursula's quest look fast and easy. Good luck!

Relatedly, I don't know if you found it but the first game had a reference to KOS-MOS.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think the “lightstick fights” were actually good in these movies though, not like Obi-wan v. Darth Vader level.

Uh... Yeah, that's exactly what I think too. Wasn't being sarcastic there. They may look like dances more than fights, but damn those are some pretty dances.

Also Obi Wan kicking Grievous in the shin and screaming louder than Anakin at Mustafar is the funniest moment kn movies.

Alright, that’s chapter 15 cleared. The game might be back into lulling me into a false sense of security, that chapter was quite the breeze. Although it would have been very difficult without stride and warp since the boss moves toward the green unit you want to keep alive on the other side of the map. But she spawns very early, followed by enemies that can easily wipe the floor with her and will once they finish off the units that spawn with her. Which makes me wonder if this chapter was designed around such techniques, since there’s no way you can reasonably save her and then go for the boss.

And that was only 8 turns! Petra was MVP.

I’ve noticed that Ferdinand isn’t really pulling his weight, maybe I should reclass him? But he’s almost at Wyvern lord, so I’ll have him hang in there and see how he does in that class. If he’s still bad, it’s off to paladin for lancefaire with his swift strikes.

Well, maybe. It might be a little late for that.

Edited by Sooks