Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I admit a great deal of my more recent posts have almost entirely dedicated to commenting on Armagon's Baten Kaitos runs. But to be fair, those old games have a certain place in my memories, and I've never actually had a chance to talk about them to others, which is useful in formulating and reformulating my own perspectives on the games.

And it was a fun time. 

I look forward when discussing Endless Frontier and Soma Bringer, if i can actually get them running. And then eventually Xenosaga.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, this has got to be a bad joke.

If I press X to look at my units' statsheets on the prepscreen of this auxiliary battle, the HUD disappears and the game softlocks. I can turn the camera around, but the game is just done.

But.....how?

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

God, I'd forgotten everyone gains experience at the speed of Path of Radiance in this difficulty.

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons Maddening is a no-no for me. Slowing down EXP gains is just bad difficulty.

At least PoR had BEXP.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

God fucking damnit. What is my luck?

So, @Armagon, remember how I told you to tell me what happened in King Kong vs Gozilla because there was exactly 0% chance I'd watch it?

Turns out, a friend of mine is spending her Easter break in the area, and decided to invite me to go to the cinema to watch... Yep, Godzilla vs King Kong.

The first time I go to the cinema in like 4 years, and it's to watch the one movie I've spoiled for myself.

Goddamnit.

Son_of_Godzilla_Minilla.jpg

Well, at least you actually get to see it happen now.

I mean, the movie is still a spectacle either way (especially on the big screen) but.......damn, that sucks.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But again, that's just me. Also, you might want to check out the optional units. Some you may end up like using, too.

Which ones are the funny units because that's a good way to get Ruben to use them.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Which ones are the funny units because that's a good way to get Ruben to use them.

Funny how?

---

On that subject, my mom wants for us to go to the movies this weekend. She is interested in the Godzilla vs Kong one, but I don't actually. If we were to go, maybe go see that Violet Evergarden one. The best part is that ever since we went to see Your Name apparently I turned my mom into a fan of anime movies, so it shouldn't be hard to convince her to switch.

By some strange sorcery, it's been a day since Pyra and Mythra's figures went up again and they're still taking preorders. Have they finally found the stock to match demand? I'm still not sure if I'll end up buying them though, maybe I'll just get one or settle for their amiibo instead. Or maybe I can wait and see if they'll make a Coffee with Milk figure? Hmm...

In other news, I'm finally seeing Deimos Sauros vs. Territorial Rotbart today. Hooray! Does everyone in this thread already know what happens? It reminds me of the episode of Evangelion where everyone knows who Unit-03's pilot is except Shinji...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Funny how?

Uh......good question actually?

Idk, i guess like they're funny to use.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If we were to go, maybe go see that Violet Evergarden one.

They're still playing that in theaters?

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

In other news, I'm finally seeing Deimos Sauros vs. Territorial Rotbart today. Hooray!

Have fun! There's no post-credits scene btw so you don't have to stick around once the movie's done.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It reminds me of the episode of Evangelion where everyone knows who Unit-03's pilot is except Shinji...

Oh, this guy?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

They're still playing that in theaters?

Don't know about other places, but here in Mexico it only just hit theaters on the 1st.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't know about other places, but here in Mexico it only just hit theaters on the 1st.

Oh ok, i guess that makes sense. I was confused because we got it last year.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, this has got to be a bad joke.

If I press X to look at my units' statsheets on the prepscreen of this auxiliary battle, the HUD disappears and the game softlocks. I can turn the camera around, but the game is just done.

Yep, it is no exaggeration to say that Three Houses is the most technically incompetent game I've ever played. And I've played Bethesda games. Even those didn't pull shit like this.

ummm

that's definetly you

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Have fun! There's no post-credits scene btw so you don't have to stick around once the movie's done.

Got it, thanks. Unless there is a post-credits scene that's only shown in theaters, but I'll take your word for it.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, this guy?

That one. It's a shame that Unit-03 was possessed and destroyed immediately after it activated, though I'm not sure how much of a help it would've been against the remaining Angels.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image_2021-04-03_113530.png?width=769&he

Beast_from_202C000_Fathoms_poster.png

I think it's really neat that SP is referencing a movie that directly inspired Godzilla.

Cool, it would also be neat if Godzilla fought another one of his inspirations, King Kong... wait a minute.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep. Consistently, the same exact bug, after like 5 soft resets.

Well, I tried it.

Quick start on NG (I apologise for not going in Maddening), got to the fight, having recruited Sylvain and all. Went into the prep screen, pressed X. And it loaded the stats screen. No crash.

I am willing to retry in Maddening, but I have a feeling if you had a save from before entering the map preps it could see something different. Maybe.

Unfortunate I didn't replicate it.

And worse the team I was watching while doing this lost.

Edited by Dayni

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

That one. It's a shame that Unit-03 was possessed and destroyed immediately after it activated, though I'm not sure how much of a help it would've been against the remaining Angels.

I've seen many discussion on the subject. And SRW doesn't count since you have much more than just the Evas fighting the Angels there.

I'd say even just one more Eva on the battlefield would be making quite the difference already. And then not just the Eva, but him. Just think on the Kaworu situation alone if Touji was actually there.

Woo! 6.5/11 boxes done! This break is well earned, I think.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

God fucking damnit. What is my luck?

So, @Armagon, remember how I told you to tell me what happened in King Kong vs Gozilla because there was exactly 0% chance I'd watch it?

Turns out, a friend of mine is spending her Easter break in the area, and decided to invite me to go to the cinema to watch... Yep, Godzilla vs King Kong.

The first time I go to the cinema in like 4 years, and it's to watch the one movie I've spoiled for myself.

Goddamnit.

F

FFF

FFFFFFFFFFF

All because I made a meme. Life is a David Cage game.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You should've known it was inevitable when I announced my intention to play Three Houses maddening. Let's be honest, the chances of that happening were slim.

But I made a meme for the play through! Everyone knows that’s legally binding!

Well, that was King Kong vs Godzilla. Or was it the other way around? I cannot remember.

Anyway, I am pleased to inform that the spoiler did absolutely nothing. Either Armagon wasn't entirely forthcoming or I forgot parts of it, because the movie went in a way that I was not expecting. Either way, I'm happy.

As for my and my friend's impressions; we knew full well what we were getting into. We wanted to watch big things beat each other to shit, and that's what we got. Every single human except, like, the little girl and the fat kid with the glasses was a complete, useless dumbass, and we had a few nitpicks by the end (super duper top secret base has no cameras and only two dudes with rifles walking around as their security? Really?), but that's okay. None of that was the reason we were there. The action was entertaining and spectacular, and the visuals were excellent. So I'd call it a success.

Also she thought Kong was adorable. I personally liked Godzilla a tiny bit more, but they were both rad.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, the flip side is that, since SRW is more character and story driven than FE is, the ratio of mandatory vs optional recruits is closer to 95:5 than 60:40 or so. Also, no permadeath. So even playing absolutely blind you really won't be that disadvantaged. I'd still recommend consulting the guide and unlock them. If only for the sake of storytelling. SRW as a whole are basically fix-fics, so on principle I like to go that extra mile. But again, that's just me. Also, you might want to check out the optional units. Some you may end up like using, too.

Right... Well, this being my first SRW run of all time, I'd rather just go in and see what happens. But we'll see.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahahaha

That was you when I decided to play Three Houses over SRW.

But then the plot twist happened.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

But.....how?

You're asking me?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Son_of_Godzilla_Minilla.jpg

Well, at least you actually get to see it happen now.

I mean, the movie is still a spectacle either way (especially on the big screen) but.......damn, that sucks.

Don't worry. It had no impact whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

ummm

that's definetly you

Me? I didn't do anything! Three Houses decided it didn't want to be played by me after all my trashtalking, so it shut down in an attempt to make me go away.

It has succeeded.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

F

FFF

FFFFFFFFFFF

All because I made a meme. Life is a David Cage game.

Your choice had no impact on the plot of my life at all. The spoiler did nothing.

So yes. You are completely correct. Life is a David Cage game.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

But I made a meme for the play through! Everyone knows that’s legally binding!

Sorry, I value my enjoyment above memes, and now that I've played a couple of chapters of Three Houses maddening again, I realize I'd rather pass my time looking at a wall.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That was you when I decided to play Three Houses over SRW.

But then the plot twist happened.

"¡Y regreso!"

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Me? I didn't do anything! Three Houses decided it didn't want to be played by me after all my trashtalking, so it shut down in an attempt to make me go away.

So, no comment on my "poor" luck in finding the glitch?

Just now, Dayni said:

So, no comment on my "poor" luck in finding the glitch?

Sorry, forgot.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, I tried it.

Quick start on NG (I apologise for not going in Maddening), got to the fight, having recruited Sylvain and all. Went into the prep screen, pressed X. And it loaded the stats screen. No crash.

I am willing to retry in Maddening, but I have a feeling if you had a save from before entering the map preps it could see something different. Maybe.

Unfortunate I didn't replicate it.

That's odd. I mean, I wouldn't expect it to be a very widespread bug, or else we'd all have heard of it by now, but... Well, I swear, it happened to me! In fact, let me see if I can replicate it. With my luck, now that I intend to record it it'll decide to work, but it's worth a shot.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

And worse the team I was watching while doing this lost.

G U U U A

Yep, just as I thought. Now it works. I can't get proof so I don't sound like a madman hellbent on slandering Three Houses.

Oh, well. Worse things could happen.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep, just as I thought. Now it works. I can't get proof so I don't sound like a madman hellbent on slandering Three Houses.

Oh, well. Worse things could happen.

Yeah, it seems like a bug that'd be hard to replicate if it wasn't common enough for it to come up in discussion.

But thanks, now I know there's a possibility it could happen in future.

Watch it be because of a hardware defect in your cart

Just now, Dayni said:

Yeah, it seems like a bug that'd be hard to replicate if it wasn't common enough for it to come up in discussion.

But thanks, now I know there's a possibility it could happen in future.

Be sure to save often! But careful where you do, or else your saves might be corrupted because Three Houses is a well made game!

Just now, Dayni said:

Watch it be because of a hardware defect in your cart

In all probability, the card wasn't inserted correctly. Oh, well.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Be sure to save often! But careful where you do, or else your saves might be corrupted because Three Houses is a well made game!

Not unique to this game I'd argue, but yes, saving is important!