• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Exe attacks aren't that strong in MegaNep, so no need to do that

I made them alot stronger on average. (Next Gen EXE formation skills have 10,000 base power now, as i believe you put in enough effort that it should reap a good reward)

EXE drives now have base power of 8,500 on average and 3,000 power on their boss version extra hits. 10,000 for HDD and 5,000 on the boss version, and 13,000 for Next Gen, with 8,000 base power on the boss version

Formation skills for HDD forms have 8,000 power now, some with status added. 

Physical/Elemental ratios have been adjusted for alot of specials/skills, making STR or INT setups much more important. (for example: Delta Slash has a ratio of 3:7, making INT more influential to it's damage output.)

Also: HDD and Next Gen skill wait cost is lowered. Vert has 20/10 Nep has 35/25 Noire has 30/30 and Blanc has 40/35.

Edit: sorry if my explenation is pretty terrible, i'm not great at it, i'll admit.

Edited by lightcosmo

And the day-trip is over. Another museum has been crossed off my list, I'm starting to run low on major places I've haven't been to in my area. Any walking I did has was counteracted by the caloric intake of...

• 2.5 doughnuts. (The creme brûlée was good but tiny, I could've eat four of them no problem, the burnt caramel provided a unique texture with the vanilla custard a good filling. The chocolate blackout was the very definition of the terms "moist" and "chocolatey". And someone didn't love their coconut cream, so I ate the other half and thought it fine.)
  • A pulled pork sandwich with fries and two mildly-hot buffalo wings (which is a peculiar smell to re-experience with every breath taken afterwards when you don your mask again).
  • And a double chocolate chip cookie with walnuts.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I look forward when discussing Endless Frontier and Soma Bringer, if i can actually get them running. And then eventually Xenosaga.

And so do I, -not to force it on you.

I've decided to watch an commentary-free LP of the first Endless Frontier yesterday. After playing through EF Exceed, it's hard to go back to the first, because BKO most things about the original system was overthrown, Exceed is more of the same with new bells and whistles helping to improve the first game's mechanics. Nonetheless, I wanted to revisit the plot, because it's been awhile and my memories needed an update.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh ok i get it now. So like, the EVAs would be "Super Robots" while.......you know, i'm not that versed in Mecha franchises so i can't think of another Real Robot example aside from Gundam.

If you want me to use Xeno, according to my understanding of the terms Real Robot and Super Robot, I'd break it down roughly as follows.:

• Skells- Real Robots. They are totally conventional, slim, and "realistic" in design. In fact, a Gundam designer designed the Skells. I'd consider even the Ares to be Real. Being able to transform its shape might seem Super, but it's not impossible for Reals to have that function.
  • Caladars- Close-range Reals is how I'd define them, maybe I'm wrong.
  • Vasara- You can have bulky Reals that imitate Supers, maybe thats what Vasara is.
  • Qmoevas, Galdrs, Seidrs- Real.
  • Rexoskell- Super.
  • Zu Pharg- Super-duper Super.
  • Almandal- I'll say a dodgy Super.
  • Vita- Lore-wise, this is absolutely Super, being made of unusual "Dark Matter" and being called the "vessel" for "the Great One", make it so.
  • Xe-doms- Can giant living organisms deserve to be classified as mecha? Maybe for a "living metal" being like a Xe-dom, which would be Super.
  • Xerns, Quos, Zigs, Pugiliths- These aren't mecha. They're machines, just not mechs, the Xerns are basically battleships/aircraft (or mecha) carriers with a non-ship shape.
  • Valara's and Nasca's Machina Armas- Super.
  • Seibzehn- Super, rocket fists are inherently very unrealistic and hence anything with them could likely be labeled Super. The bulkiness of Maria's Gear aligns with the general physical profile of Supers. 
  • Renmazuo- Seems more Real to me. Although the existence of the Ausenseiter in SRW Original Generations means it isn't impossible to brand it Super.
  • Heimdall/Fenrir- Their size contradicts their preference for melee, but weapon-wise, totally Super, so I'll go with that.
  • Brigadier/Andvari- Same issue as Heimdall/Fenrir, but their greater bulk makes me lean more towards Super.
  • The Yggdrasil-Kislev merger that gets used for a single short fight- Super.
  • Stier- If this isn't Super, it's a Real that trying to be one, like the Vasara.
  • Crescens- The nanotech might suggest Super, but nah, I'll pick Real.
  • Chu-Chu- Do giant living beings that are pure flesh and no steel belong to a mecha category?
  • Vierge & Regulus/Face Nemesis/Siren- I'll gonna go with Real for all of these.
  • G-Elements- If a mecha results from the combining of two or more other mechs, it definitely is a Super. 
  • Metal Face- Size-wise, it isn't that much bigger than Nemesis, but melee tends to equal Super, and MF relies on claws.
  • Yaldabaoth- Super.
  • Bionis & Mechonis- These are freakin' living "continents"! More locations than fighting robot, they'd be Super by default.
  • Weltall- I'm a little divided on, but considering this is considered Super despite the thin form:
Spoiler

I'm inclined to define Weltall as Super. And the Xenogears is definitely Super.

I haven't a clue on Xenosaga, but you've said they all call for co-pilots barring Jin Uzuki. Co-piloting means it's probably too big for just one person to manage, so I'm inclined to go Super without having seen them myself. Jin Uzuki reminds me of Sanger Zonvolt in OG2, where he as an elite veteran can pilot his personal Grungust Type 3 alone, the Grungust Type 3 a Super Robot demanding two people for its other two un-customized units. The original Ares being a two-person machine undermines this though, as size-wise, it's Real, no bigger than the dainty itty-bitty Fairlions of Original Generations.

Keep in mind that Real and Super can be less hard & fast categories as a "spectrum" or tendencies. In fact, the first playable original creation Banpresto the SRW company made, Cybuster, has been commented on as straddling the lines!

In gameplay, apart from lore, the perfect stereotype Super Robot is big, durable, close-ranged, and dependent on energy for attacks. While the Real Robot is small, dodgy, long-ranged, and dependent on ammo

The aforementioned Cybuster is dodgy, so thats one nudge towards Real in the gameplay department. Cybuster's weapon arsenal is a balanced mix, 3 ranged to 2-3 melee attacks and 1 AoE, being a mixture of ammo and energy, it's a draw. And yet, Cybuster is the "Elemental Lord of Wind", containing a top-tier wind spirit inside it who chooses its pilot, and said pilot must expend Prana -magical life-force- to use the Cybuster's full power. Cybuster ends up leaning towards Real in gameplay, but on the separate Real-Super divide of lore, it is wholly Super.

With this in mind, Gears and the Sirens using slave generators gives them Super Robot lore, regardless of whatever their physical shapes and fighting preferences make them.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

two mildly-hot buffalo wings

How can you only eat two Buffalo wings at once!? I either admire your self restraint or acknowledge your taste differing from mine. I hope you ended up enjoying your trip.

I came back from Godzilla vs. Kong and it was pretty good! I'll have to rewatch it to form a more concrete opinion, but here are scattered thoughts for now (spoilers obviously):

Spoiler

Getting the verdict out of the way, REDACTED definitively won, but REDACTED still got some credit for defeating REDACTED at the end. The final fight was absolutely CRAZY and fairly even, and it's not made very obvious who will win until the very end.

I spent the whole movie thinking they killed my boy Rodan offscreen, but it's not really explained what the other Titans are up to. I got the impression that they mysteriously disappeared at some point, so I thought they all ended up in Hollow Earth somehow. We don't see any of the Titans there, so the truth is still unclear.

Most of my predictions about the ending were accurate, but what I wasn't expecting was that Mechagodzilla is basically a resurrected King Ghidorah. It's not the Kiryu reference I was expecting, at least not directly, but is actually a reference to a manga where the Heisei Mechagodzilla is possessed by Mecha-King Ghidorah's programming and goes rogue. This is the first human-made Mechagodzilla to actually be evil, and I liked how it became self-aware and betrayed its masters at the end.

Kong doesn't become King of the Monsters (with the Titans being unaccounted for and all) but he gets to live peacefully in Hollow Earth. Skull Island being devastated is sad, because K:SI was a good movie and the natives were friendly despite their stoicness.

It's a bit weird that APEX ended up with Ghidorah's head when it was obtained by Alan Jonah at the end of KotM. Making a monster to destroy the Titans is the last thing Jonah would want, so maybe APEX stole it somehow? I guess they didn't want any loose ends since there are no definitive future plans for the MonsterVerse at this point.

Kong shoves something down Godzilla's throat yet again, 10/10 movie.

Godzilla lasers a hole into the center of the Earth. His atomic breath has certainly been buffed since G14.

"I sawed this Skullcrawler in half!" Poor Skullcrawler.

"Kong, this is the last of my Hamon! Take it!"

I could probably think of more things to say, but I'm a bit tired at the moment. The point is that Bowser vs. Donkey Kong is a good movie and you should see it at some point.

Edited by Lightchao42

But do they compare to the pinnacle of movie mastery that are the Titanic animated movies?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Let's not forget about Phoenix games.

This might be the worst thing I've ever seen, and I love watching low-quality media.

Edited by Benice

@Maof06 (ac odyssey spoilers)

Spoiler

Just as a heads-up, I followed your advice and didn’t kill Nikolaos. Considering what happens after that does seem important, although knowing how I play these games I certainly would have spared him anyway.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That looks like a creepypasta.

It's a real game. Liscenced by Sony.

(Timestamped to the start of the cutscenes.)

Also, this game is... more than a TAD racist regarding one character in particular. I have no idea HOW this abomination was allowed to be released, especially with the blatant descrimination. And low quality.

EDIT: Also, "This is my song/I'm going to sing it now" is the best lyric I've ever heard.

Edited by Benice