• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I certainly don't buy games to finish them as quickly as possible.

Unless there's some challenge or prize tied to it. Like FFIX's Excalibur II.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I certainly don't buy games to finish them as quickly as possible.

Unless there's some challenge or prize tied to it. Like FFIX's Excalibur II.

But on replays when doing so is fun... 😈
I mean I’ve never done such a thing but there is a community dedicated to it.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But on replays when doing so is fun... 😈
I mean I’ve never done such a thing but there is a community dedicated to it.

Oh, sure, it can make for a fun challenge.

Just, I wouldn't turn it into my MO when playing games.

That moment when your strategy relies pretty heavily on racism.

I’m starting to see how Athens lost the war... aren’t they supposed to be wise?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What is the strategy again?

“If I put the Spartans in a situation that requires thinking they’re bound to lose because they’re mindless savages”

Anyway, I was only joking, the side quests probably didn’t happen and it was just the one guy’s idea from how he said it... not unless the Athenian generals later started listening to him.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“If I put the Spartans in a situation that requires thinking they’re bound to lose because they’re mindless savages”

Anyway, I was only joking, the side quests probably didn’t happen and it was just the one guy’s idea from how he said it... not unless the Athenian generals later started listening to him.

Yeah, if it's an Athenian saying that with regards to Spartans that's not really racism. Unless both cities exclusively harbored people of different races.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Reject rejection, embrace different playstyles!

AND THEN SHAME EVERYONE WHO PLAYS DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU

Edited by Benice

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

@Maof06

Hide contents

So I’m in another IRL segment as the girl who’s using the machine thing to look at Alexios’ memories or something and... do I need to read the stuff on the computer? Is any of that important for the game? There’s a lot on there. A looot.

Or is there anything I need to do at all? This segment feels important considering that the lady is like are you absolutely 1000% certain you want to go back?

No, you don't need to read anything.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reject FE, embrace CK2.

Reject CK2, embrace CK3. Damn, I can't even play it on my pc.

Edited by Maof06

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Reject CK2, embrace CK3. Damn, I can't even play it on my pc.

Let's wait for a couple DLC's more before saying that.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Let's wait for a couple DLC's more before saying that.

I'll wait until I get a better PC, which will probably take a long time. I wish Paradox released it on PS4 like Stellaris.

On 4/3/2021 at 10:36 PM, Armagon said:

I don't actually think Rodan is dead. They labeled him as "defeated" which is true, he was defeated by King Ghidorah and later Mothra.

I'm not sure why all the other Titans got labeled as "defeated" (apart from the ones that actually died) but they probably wanted to do the cool tournament bracket thing and you know what, it worked.

I see where you're coming from with the tournament bracket. Apparently one of the prequel comics explains that Godzilla had the other Titans return to hibernation after

Spoiler

he learned that Ghidorah's remains are still active, as Godzilla obviously didn't want them to come under Ghidorah's control again.

I expect licensing issues to be the reason we don't see Rodan and the other Titans probably wouldn't have fit in the movie. Which is fine, because this movie added some new Kaiju to the list.

I think Rodan and the other Titans were left out to avoid drawing attention away from the title characters and their fight. But apparently they considered including the unused Mothra scene from KotM or a different Mothra scene, which was probably left out or similar reasons and because they didn't know if there would be more MonsterVerse movies. Dr. Chen was also supposed to reappear in GvK but was absent from the final version, so her missing scenes were probably related to Mothra since she's the MV version of the Shobijin.

Spoiler

You know, i feel like this was glossed over. See, at the beginning, i just thought it was raining on Skull Island but then it's revealed that it's permanent.

I will also say that if there's anything disappointing about this movie, is that Ren Serizawa had like nothing to do and then they kill him off.

Skull Island was always surrounded by a storm in K:SI so it's not too farfetched that such a thing would happen, though I'm not sure if it happened before or after KotM. Speaking of, the novelization of KotM has a scene of Kong reacting to Ghidorah's summon, which he ignores because he doesn't care about the happenings outside Skull Island. Ren also got a mention in the novel before he appeared in GvK.

Ren's treatment is probably my biggest grievance with the movie, and if the MV continues I would prefer if they undid his death so he could be a recurring villain, or at least get a movie where he can be more important. Apparently he gets some more development in the GvK novelization at least.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reject FE, embrace CK2.

Dragon is historically correct. : CrusaderKings

Fire Emblem: you can marry a girl who can transform into a dragon.

Crusader Kings: you can marry just the dragon.

At least that's what i'm getting from this chart.

59 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Dr. Chen was also supposed to reappear in GvK but was absent from the final version, so her missing scenes were probably related to Mothra since she's the MV version of the Shobijin.

Yeah, from what i'm hearing, there was stuff we knew about from casting and such that just didn't make the final cut. 

Adam Wingard has confirmed he shot enough footage for a five hour cut but he has no plans of releasing it as he is satisfied with the final product. And that's how it should be imo, i do not think this movie needs a "Wingard cut" and certainly not one that's five hours. In my opinion, Kaiju movies are best when on the shorter side. Both Shin Godzilla and King Kong 2005 could stand to have like 20 minutes trimmed out, for example.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Skull Island was always surrounded by a storm in K:SI so it's not too farfetched that such a thing would happen, though I'm not sure if it happened before or after KotM.

My guess is it's after, since we know Kong rejected the call and was hunting down the Skullcrawlers who did.

Maybe they'll explain it more in Kingdom Kong.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ren's treatment is probably my biggest grievance with the movie, and if the MV continues I would prefer if they undid his death so he could be a recurring villain, or at least get a movie where he can be more important. Apparently he gets some more development in the GvK novelization at least.

Just a line explaining why he's siding with Apex would've been enough. A cliched "my father loved Gojira more than his own son" would've been fine but right now, he might as well just be some guy who just happened to have the last name of Serizawa.