Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Shrow said:

I'm just gonna share this here
After so long I've finally gotten around to Fire Emblem Three Houses.
I'm pretty happy with it so far

Congrats! I’m glad you enjoy it.

How far are you? What house did you pick?

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hope I won't regret this, but Carmal has an Ishs courser for sale. I probably should be saving my money for quality furnishings, but a +1 move horse is always great to have... What do you think, fellow Berwick players? Should I?

The funny one.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love this video.

Anyway, yeah. Please enjoy. Use Hanneman!

I can recruit professors? Dang that's cool but don't tell me anything else.
I want to avoid Wiki's and Serenes forest for this game until I beat it once.
I wanna learn stuff on my own, its not a big deal if I miss stuff because if I like the game enough i'l replay it and find all the secrets.
Thanks ❤️

Just now, Armagon said:

Understandable. Even if I do want to replay the game, doing it it multiple times in a row is something I'd rather avoid.

I agree with this. I don't think I've ever played a game twice in a row. Heck, not even Berwick. That's just asking to get burnt out and never play the game again.

Just now, Shrow said:

I wanna learn stuff on my own, its not a big deal if I miss stuff because if I like the game enough i'l replay it and find all the secrets.
Thanks ❤️

Ah, shoot! My apologies. I should've realized you were going in blind. I will not say anything more.

I played Awakening three times back to back when I first got into FE. Can't say I'd do it again for another game unless it were short enough to do multiple playthroughs or I liked it enough.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The funny one.

Ergh...

I mean, the funny one is to save my money for more quality furnishings, but that horse is so nice... Ahh, decisions, decisions...

I played Three Houses back to back Three Times as well.

I mean, they were different routes but we all know how different Three Houses’ routes really are. Though I used a different team for all of them.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Congrats! I’m glad you enjoy it.

How far are you? What house did you pick?

I just beat the bandits at Red Canyon and helped children commit their first kill.

I picked Golden Deer, and am making everyone learn and use bows.

Ah, shoot! My apologies. I should've realized you were going in blind. I will not say anything more.

Nah its good, actually i am curious about a few things.
Do all characters that have a support with Byleth, recruitable? Include Seteth's little sister and byleth's Father?
Also are classes weapon locked in game? Can I make any combination like a swordsman that also shoots a bow uses white magic and can be on a horse?

Nah its good, actually i am curious about a few things.

Ask away, then! I'm not the biggest expert on this game, but I'll answer what I can and leave the rest to the others.

Do all characters that have a support with Byleth, recruitable? Include Seteth's little sister and byleth's Father?

Every playable character in the game has a support with Byleth. They can also marry anyone they like.

Also are classes weapon locked in game?

Nope. Anyone can use any weapon they want. Not magic, though. Each unit has their own personal magic list, but to use magic you have to be in a class that can wield magic.

Can I make any combination like a swordsman that also shoots a bow uses white magic and can be on a horse?

You can make a swordsman that shoots a bow and can be on a horse, but not magic. Unless you go for the mounted magic class, dark rider, but of course, it's a master class. That's going to take ages.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hang on, are we even talking about the same Guardians of the Galaxy? Because I get what you're saying, I'm just really, really confused at you bringing up GotG.

it's the author who brought it up tbf, so..

xD

8 minutes ago, Shrow said:

I picked Golden Deer

#DeerGang DeerGang!

9 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Kinda, there are exceptions, but well, spoilers

And i recommend you not recruit anyone from the other Classes if you want to enjoy the Story to it's fullest

12 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Nice on following the traditions of the alliance, but good luck making Marianne and Lysithea usable.

Bad on picking the worst house though.

Do all characters that have a support with Byleth, recruitable? Include Seteth's little sister

Yes, every character that has a Byleth support is recruitable with the exception of Rhea.

Of course, there’s also route exclusive characters but they won’t support Byleth outside their routes.

Also are classes weapon locked in game? Can I make any combination like a swordsman that also shoots a bow uses white magic and can be on a horse?

No, they are not weapon locked. So yes you can be all of those things, but only some classes can wield magic.

Yoy can check whether or not they do in the class description.

Although you can’t only tutor someone so much, so you might want to have them be less broad.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every playable character in the game has a support with Byleth. They can also marry anyone they like.

But not if that character is the same gender as Byleth, unless that character is Edelgard, Rhea, Mercedes, Dorothea, Sothis, Yuri (DLC), Linhardt, Alois, Gilbert or someone who’s recruitment is a spoiler. @Shrow

So who will Byleth marry?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ergh...

I mean, the funny one is to save my money for more quality furnishings, but that horse is so nice... Ahh, decisions, decisions...

Would you still be able to get l the furniture?

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Would you still be able to get l the furniture?

Maybe? I'm not sure, actually. Furniture is hilariously expensive. In total, I'll need exactly 236,000 denarii to buy it all. I can't afford to waste much cash on trivialties such as war horses, equipment and payment for mercenaries if I want to be able to get what is truly important: A fancier bed for Reese. Because Reese is a terrible leader with horrible priorities.

But, again, +1 move horse. That's just amazing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I don't own the game, I'm borrowing from my brother.

Its a weird thing but I don't tend to get around to new games in general till 2 years after.

I mean, I was lucky enough to find a limited edition for half price, so that's why I had it in less than a year.

It still took me 6 months from launch because I didn't have a Switch.

2 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Cool.

8 minutes ago, Shrow said:

#Cheerthedeer

The most I'll say is solid pick.

Mounts are locked to classes, magic isn't available to every class but weapons are mostly free (mages can't use fists)

Most characters are recruitable and they'll either do so automatically or you can ask them to join. They'll have requirements to do so which you can see by asking to recruit them.

Maybe? I'm not sure, actually. Furniture is hilariously expensive. In total, I'll need exactly 236,000 denarii to buy it all. I can't afford to waste much cash on trivialties such as war horses, equipment and payment for mercenaries if I want to be able to get what is truly important: A fancier bed for Reese. Because Reese is a terrible leader with horrible priorities.

But, again, +1 move horse. That's just amazing.

I wouldn’t if I were you, since I think all the furniture is the goal of your run.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

(mages can't use fists)

Wait what? Have you tried that?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ask away, then! I'm not the biggest expert on this game, but I'll answer what I can and leave the rest to the others.

The weapon triangle is gone in this game right? What's the difference between each weapon now?
The weight on a weapon, does it affect speed or does it work different?
How much is require to double an enemy?

For recruit able students, the game only list that they would be interested in (strength, bows) but that doesn't really tell me much. Do I need to have like 20 strength and B in Bows? Is this even based on my Byleth's stats or is it something else.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Each unit has their own personal magic list

Yo! So it's just like SoV? Dang I maybe I should use the wiki...

Thanks you everyone for the assistance so far.

Just now, Shrow said:

The weapon triangle is gone in this game right?

yes, however there are skills that have the same effect as weapon triangle that are learned at B rank of each weapon

1 minute ago, Shrow said:

What's the difference between each weapon now?

Combat Arts and Stats

1 minute ago, Shrow said:

AS = Spd - (WT - STR/5)

Iirc the AS difference needed to double is 4 AS

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now imagine if Ys Origin had:

Ys Series - Digital Emelas on Twitter: "[1/2] It appears some newer #Ys  fans are unfamiliar with the classic Bump System. The learning curve takes  mere moments, and once you get the

5 minutes ago, Shrow said:

The weapon triangle is gone in this game right?

Yes. There's a couple of skills that sorta reimplement it, but they're not worth equipping, in my opinion. For the most part, it's just out.

What's the difference between each weapon now?

Nothing.

...No, really. There's not much. Bows are amazing, the main three just sort of blur together aside from their respective combat arts. Use whatever will help your unit get into the classline that you want for them. That's really it.

I'll leave this one for someone else because I never bothered learning the formula.

I think 4 AS does the trick.

For recruit able students, the game only list that they would be interested in (strength, bows) but that doesn't really tell me much. Do I need to have like 20 strength and B in Bows? Is this even based on my Byleth's stats or is it something else.

More or less, yes. Keep the stats and weapon ranks that your student wants high. If you get supports with them, by eating meals, taking them along to maps or whatever means you can find, you'll lower the thresholds.

Yo! So it's just like SoV? Dang I maybe I should use the wiki...

If you wish.

Thanks you everyone for the assistance so far.

You're welcome! I'm not fond of this game at all, but I truly hope you will be.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Shrow said:

The weapon triangle is gone in this game right? What's the difference between each weapon now?

Might, hit and weight. Axes are still the most powerful with the most might and the most might with the lowest hit, lances are still in the middle and swords have the least might with the least weight and most hit.

All gauntlets have a brave effect (you attack twice when starting combat), bows can always attack from 2+ range and magic targets resistance.

There are also varying combat arts for each unit and weapon type.

But yes the weapon triangle is gone.

It’s calculated with Strength to determine whether or not you double or get doubled by determine attack speed (AS). More weight requires more strength to not be doubled.

4 more AS.

The skill level and stat requirement depend on where you are in the game, you really should use a wiki for that part.

But they are based on Byleth.

Edited by Sooks