• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Shrow the easier way to recruit units by far is support rank. You can raise support with units outside your house by inviting them to meals, choir practice, tea parties (you need C support before you can do this) and having them do support-stuff in battle through mission assistance. Once you’ve gotten them to B rank (which is not hard), they have a random chance of approaching you during a week’s instruction to ask to be recruited, and the chance is pretty high so they’re almost guaranteed to ask eventually but if you want to be absolutely sure you can save before starting instruction for a week and just reset until you get them.

You can also get way more characters this way.

I don’t know if it applies to non-students, but it certainly applies to the students. Non-students not named Flayn or Gilbert (or Rhea) become recruitable at certain points in the story, and their recruitment is based on level so it’s pretty hard to miss. I can tell you who and when you can recruit them if you would like.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I forgot, this TH pic safe to show yet or not?

Reveal hidden contents

Opposite Reactions | Fire Emblem: Three Houses | Know Your Meme

No. It becomes safer after the beginning of chapter 5.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I forgot, this TH pic safe to show yet or not?

Hide contents

Opposite Reactions | Fire Emblem: Three Houses | Know Your Meme

Spoiler

When Ruben thinks about Three Houses and the fact that it's the most successful FE.

When Ruben realizes it's the game with Hanneman in it.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

y'all got me on a Ys roll i ain't stopping

That's okay, these are some fine tunes. Allow me to counter with one of my own. One of my favorites from Omori, because I love that game's soundtrack.

Yes, yes, I know. The footage is... interesting, for lack of a better word. Take my word for it, this is the most depressing game I've ever played.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

If my memory doesn't fail me that should be (a remix of) the Track of the next Area Armagon is heading into

That fellow's stache game is on point. What's up with the one bit of hair, though...?

I am going to shit in Isayama's onsen!

Good night for everyone.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait what? Have you tried that?

It's mentioned in game and most magic classes won't have the ability to equip them. Spoilers relating to specifics:

Spoiler

One exemption's a spoiler (EO) and one's DLC War Monk.

To be fair, dismounted a unit can use gauntlets, but Holy/Dark Knights still can't by the looks of it, but I might be wrong. Not sure on Trickster.

What's better than the final boss theme? Final boss theme mixed together with penultimate boss theme of another game

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That fellow's stache game is on point. What's up with the one bit of hair, though...?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

When you're as dope as Cassius, you can pull it off.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One of my favorites from Omori, because I love that game's soundtrack

nice!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Take my word for it, this is the most depressing game I've ever played

I take your word for it, doesn'T exactly look smile inducing xD

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hajime?

Attack on titan

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I am going to shit in Isayama's onsen!

Good night for everyone.

Might your dream be better than the worst ending ever we are getting

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hajime?

Yes. He had everything he needed to make SnK the literary masterpiece of the 21st century, but he fumbled.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Might your dream be better than the worst ending ever we are getting

Anything is better than the Fumbling arc.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I take your word for it, doesn'T exactly look smile inducing xD

It had me sobbing by the end. Not exactly my most shining display of masculinity, but it made for one of the most magical gaming experiences of my life, so I regret nothing.

This was all a ploy to produce an excuse to recommend Omori to everyone once again, honestly. RPG as though it may be, it's an incredible experience.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

True

Manga went from 8-9/10 to 3-4/10 in the last 20 chapters. What a nosedive smh

Let's pretend it ended at 123, with 130 and 131 as epilogues.

If it ain't clear Ys is pretty much my all time fav. that i've been taking a break from thanks to my Falcom meltdown a few months ago. Seems like i am ready to return to it!

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Let's pretend it ended at 123, with 130 and 131 as epilogues.

Yup.

And who knows, maybe some Fanfic writers will fill the hole, like a decade ago with naruto or something...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It had me sobbing by the end. Not exactly my most shining display of masculinity, but it made for one of the most magical gaming experiences of my life, so I regret nothing.

This was all a ploy to produce an excuse to recommend Omori to everyone once again, honestly. RPG as though it may be, it's an incredible experience.

I will keep my eyes on it, maybe someday i will try it

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

AS = Spd - (WT - STR/5)

Iirc the AS difference needed to double is 4 AS

Thanks I like being presented with the formula
So if I'm reading this right, the division of 5 means that having lots of Strength doesn't take off that much weight. 
Example a 5 STR, 10 SPD character, with a 10 weight weapon with only will take off 1 point with their STR but 10 STR will take off 2 points of Weight instead.

This is pretty clever because it means that characters with high strength won't be able to completely negate heavy weapons and double like crazy.

What happens to in between numbers though? Like 12 STR means a number of 2.4 minus the Weight. Does it get rounded up\down from half?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like going from Evangelion Ep24 to End of Evangelion?

Ah, I remember when I watched Evangelion. Episodes 25 and 26 were the kind of thing that I could tell was supposed to be really smart and introspective, but my brain isn't big enough, so I didn't understand a thing.

To be honest, I barely remember anything about those two episodes. It's a good thing End of Evangelion is absolutely amazing.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I will keep my eyes on it, maybe someday i will try it

Please do. It's decently fun for a regular RPG, and the story is something else.