Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Played a bit Super Mario 3D World online.

It was........a DISASTER! It was lagging all the time. Precise jumps weren't possible; mainly was teleported through the entire stage when I was alive. After two stages I quitted. This was really unfortunate.

Sorry to hear Nintendo ruined it for you with their terrible online.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Idr, but was it possible to keep everyone alive? For some reason I had the (probably wrong) memories that the survival event of two characters overlapped, so you had to pick one. I think it were Jungo and Keita because I couldn't keep both alive in the very same playthrough. Though I guess I just screwed it up on my own end. Keita was a character Idc for anyways.

Ye,  it possible to keep everyone alive. Getting the "golden ending" of Triumphant Restorer demands you keep everyone from dying and that everyone (except the one exception which gives me anguish) is recruited on Saturday.

Nobody ever died for me, and from what I'm told, it is the case that several possible character deaths are intertwined. If Keita dies; Makoto can't, if Jungo dies, Io can't; if Joe dies, Otome can't. There is no story reason for this, it is all for the sake of gameplay come the lategame route split. If you didn't notice, the above paired killable characters pick the same side, letting only one of them die assures you'll have a minimum of 4 leader characters to start come Saturday.

Keita is the easiest to kill off, I'm surprised he didn't die for me first time, the requirements for him are by far the most stringent and least transparent. No getting sidetracked, you cannot view any events other than those which are absolutely mandatory before meeting with him again. 

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, kinda funny how HM/SoS has let us marry the Harvest Goddess for long, but RF has yet to do something similar. I think. I know it has its share of unusual marriage candidates, but not on the level of what the HG is in her home series.

Weren't interactions with the Harvest Goddess kinda threadbare after marriage the few times you could do it? And the same for similar candidates like Kappa, the Gourmet, the Harvest King, and Inari. It reads like that was the case. 

A magical trophy spouse sounds cool, but it better have some good written interactions as payoff.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Weren't interactions with the Harvest Goddess kinda threadbare after marriage the few times you could do it? And the same for similar candidates like Kappa, the Gourmet, the Harvest King, and Inari. It reads like that was the case. 

A magical trophy spouse sounds cool, but it better have some good written interactions as payoff.

In the older games certainly, but I think they've since actually added more. Maybe. Like how in Hero of Leaf Valley has the HG actually live with you for a change.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ye,  it possible to keep everyone alive. Getting the "golden ending" of Triumphant Restorer demands you keep everyone from dying and that everyone (except the one exception which gives me anguish) is recruited on Saturday.

Oh, I didn't know about that ending. Might be a serious reason to replay this game, a game I definitely would like to replay at someday.

Nobody ever died for me, and from what I'm told, it is the case that several possible character deaths are intertwined.

That's clever, but also logical. Would be kinda dumb if you have less playable chracters than open slots since routesplit chapters were pretty tough from what I remember.

I have to think about who's saved from dying in DeSu2 aside of the three group leaders:

• Airi
  • Fumi
  • Hinako

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry to hear Nintendo ruined it for you with their terrible online.

Hm, I wouldn't go that far yet since some other games worked fine for me (unless it depends on the game). I will play another round with someone else to test if the issues remain or not.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right... Does the controller have motion controls? If not, how do you do the pointer thing, to stop enemies and move platforms? Just asking because I'm not sure if motion controls are required for this game.

My controller has motion controls.

It gives me question what's the "pointer thing"?

Anyways made it up till the end of world 3 - game is fun so far.

Would make even more fun if I could play it with other people.

Splatoon 2 online worked great for me, I only ever had the occasional disconnection.

But Smash? Hah... ahahahaha...... no. 

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My experience with Splatoon 2 was weird. When I was on my free trial week, it went without a hiccup. Seriously, it was perfect, I almost couldn't believe it. This convinced me to pay up (had the foresight not to fork over the full 20 bucks, thankfully). That's when it started becoming worse and worse, until for every three matches the game kicked me out of two because "connection was lost," and I couldn't even enjoy the few matches that the game let me play because I was expecting the connection loss the whole time.

I know, it sounds like a crackpot conspiracy, but I swear that's what happened. A splatfest was starting when I paid, so perhaps the influx of players was what killed Nintendo's servers hamster running in a wheel, but still, that's just inexcusable when there are plenty of online games with far more players at once that don't shit themselves for it.

Switch Online doesn’t have any dedicated servers, actually. You’re paying $20 to connect with other people’s Switches.

Chapter 5-main was intense, but I was able to get everything. Even got Ruby to capture Lyarc, allowing her to reach level 10. And thanks to a savvy investment in quality furnishings (namely, the porcelain vase), Knight's Pride is unlocked already! With 18 weapon ranks and 19 shield rank, Free Clifford is going to be recruited in record time!

...Also, Ruby has 8 defense. I have no idea how or when it happened, but it happened. Nice. Maybe she'll actually be a decent long-term unit this time around...

59 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

It gives me question what's the "pointer thing"?

When you point at the screen to activate platforms, paralyze enemies and other things. Back in Wii U you did that using the gamepad's touch screen. You can an example here.

It's not usually necessary, but the Captain Toad levels and a few regular ones require it to progress. My pro controller has no motion controls, and I'd rather not bother with the Drift Cons, so I'm worried that this game will not be worth the investment, if I pick it up at some point.

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Switch Online doesn’t have any dedicated servers, actually. You’re paying $20 to connect with other people’s Switches.

Hahahahahah...

I know. I just like making jokes about the hamster in a wheel, but the truth is, there isn't even a hamster in a wheel. Even if their peer-to-peer was functional (which it isn't because their netcodes are horrible - that is the true culprit behind Ninty Online's shittiness, as I've read around), it wouldn't change the fact that Nintendo takes 20 bucks from you in exchange for... NES and SNES ROMs that they may very well have picked up from the internet, and cloud saves that everyone else offers for free and that don't even work on every game. In other words, absolutely fuckin' nothing that they need extra money to provide! And since there's no servers to maintain, that money just goes straight to Nintendo's pockets. What a deal!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When you point at the screen to activate platforms, paralyze enemies and other things. Back in Wii U you did that using the gamepad's touch screen. You can an example here.

It's not usually necessary, but the Captain Toad levels and a few regular ones require it to progress. My pro controller has no motion controls, and I'd rather not bother with the Drift Cons, so I'm worried that this game will not be worth the investment, if I pick it up at some point.

I see.

Haven't noticed it yet, but can't deny at the same time if controller supports pointing. Then again I don't see myself any benefit from using it. I already hated to play Super Mario Wii with the Wii-mote since it didn't support gamepad, so I'm glad 3D World supports it (assuming each Switch game supports gamepad).

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

And this is where their issue lies. 

Their netcode and this are both going to ensure that your online experience will be crummy for most of the time. 

The switch sadly doesnt have enough power to run the proper netcode either.

Hahaha... Cervantes moved in to my city that’s almost on the border of Spain’s nearest... If that’s not a good reason for Spain to declare war I don’t know what is, heh.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Splatoon 2 online worked great for me, I only ever had the occasional disconnection.

Same. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe also works wonders in my experience.

That said, i could not get into Splatoon 2 tbh. Liked the single player but i was too much of a scrub to get into the multiplayer.

Man

AoT so bad, it's making me think i should give something i absolutely hated another chance (which i already gave many chances)

And makes me feel like i should apologize to the fans of a certain character...

ro7mTL7.jpg

Edited by Shrimperor

Yeah, MK8D has almost always been an issue-free experience. And despite my limited experience, Splatoon 2 has been great too.

MonHun has always been flawless as well. In both Rise and GenU.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

AoT so bad, it's making me think i should give something i absolutely hated another chance (which i already gave many chances)

DON'T DO IT! DO NOT SUBJECT YOURSELF TO COLD STEEL AGAIN!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

image0.png

C'mon man, don't do this to me when I could be forcing you to play games I want you to play instead of games you don't like...

That said, if you do think you can repair your relationship with trails...Well, that'd be great.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

C'mon man, don't do this to me when I could be forcing you to play games I want you to play instead of games you don't like...

That said, if you do think you can repair your relationship with trails...Well, that'd be great.

Honestly, i don't think imma do it. I still hate modern Trails way too much for that.

But atleast i can listen to Trails music normally again without feeling like it's a sin against myself and humanity xD

Or that Rean is the worst thing to exist, because he is a king compared to fucking Eren.

Thanks for that atleast, AoT

fEltBMB.png

I am even watching some of my old Trails vids!

Edited by Shrimperor