• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

HA or Tsuki pls

Seiba deserves a faithful adaptation more than Avenger Caren. And Tsuki is already being remade although we probably won't see an english localization.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks! Right now I look kinda gruff, but well, I suppose that's just what happens when you don't mind your appearance much at all.

Hahaha, that's what happened to me too, and one of the reasons why I decided to shave it. I think you can only look good with long hair if you care about your appearance. If not, you'll just look like a hobo (although looking like a hobo was a bonus in my case).

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's called Don't Toy With Me Miss Nagatoro, and from what I've gathered, the title says about all you need to know.

Nagatoro is great.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, yes, Bleach... go Chad...

The floor is waiting for him.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Reminds me of what Adam Wingard said in regard to designing that guy in GvK: “The Transformers, they just looked like metal. They looked like a plane crash. So I thought, that's the thing I wanted to avoid. They were too complex. There are too many moving parts, and I couldn't latch on to anything. Nothing felt iconic with that Transformers design.” That guy ended up being inspired by the simplicity of classic Transformers instead.

Yep, i did read that. I have seen some complaints that Legendary MechaGodzilla kinda looks like a Bayformer and while i can kinda see where some people are coming from, Legendary MechaG still feels more faithful to the character than Bayformers ever were.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For this reason, I'm not sure if I like how much I'm jamming to the song.

You know, sometimes anime can have banger OPs and that's the one thing you care about.

My friend jams to the 3rd Black Clover OP but he thinks the show itself is generic shounen trash.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have some unspent money on the eShop and Ys Origins is on sale until tomorrow. What difficulty are you playing on? Because if bosses are much too brutal even on Normal, I'm out.

I played on Normal.

The thing about Ys Origin bosses, as i've mentioned, is that literally one level can make or break the fight. And i'm not a fan of how bullet hell-y they are (would be totally fine if there were health pickups).

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, I don't know. Most of "the cool swords" consist entirely of dishing out a thousand slashes in two seconds and calling it a super incredible technique, even though it's been done to death.

That's not the sword itself tho.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

So I take it that Origin isn't a good Ys game to start with then?

It's a much better start than Ys 7 at least.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

There's an Origin demo anyone can try 😉

Not on Switch.

Since you're done with Ys, obligatory reminder that Like a Dragon has a 97% positive rating on Steam out of the 6.5 k reviews.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep, i did read that. I have seen some complaints that Legendary MechaGodzilla kinda looks like a Bayformer and while i can kinda see where some people are coming from, Legendary MechaG still feels more faithful to the character than Bayformers ever were.

True, I appreciate that Legendary MG is essentially a fusion of the three previous live-action MGs. I also like Ready Player One's Mechagodzilla even if I was expecting it to use a previous design (incidentally both American Mechagodzillas had the same designer, Jared Krichevsky).

RPO_concept_5.jpg

Though it's pretty weird that the first American movie to have Godzilla's theme song didn't have Godzilla in it. It would be like giving Mothra's song to Battra or something.

*insert something about "Why did the Iron Giant fight Mechagodzilla, the whole point of his movie is that he isn't a weapon" here*

59 minutes ago, Benice said:

Since you're done with Ys, obligatory reminder that Like a Dragon has a 97% positive rating on Steam out of the 6.5 k reviews.

Ok but can Like a Dragon even run on my PC?

I would actually like to play more Ys games, i just have.....not amazing impressions yet. Well, the combat itself on both Ys Origin and Ys 7 is fine, the bosses just really don't do it for me.

50 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

True, I appreciate that Legendary MG is essentially a fusion of the three previous live-action MGs. I also like Ready Player One's Mechagodzilla even if I was expecting it to use a previous design

I also like how both of them are more thinner in terms of build. Was never really a fan of the bulky designs of Heisei MechaGodzilla and Kiryu (well Kiryu isn't as bulky but still).

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Contrary to expectations, that's all he did during his collab event.

Oh he's literally just there.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Question for Tearring: Which party should Raquel go with?

Holmes is pretty much her best bet since his side faces monsters more often. And since Holmes is the "train your units up" side, Raquel can be used to weaken enemies for EXP.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh he's literally just there.

Yep. He'd simply show up in the Tokyo map, walk for a bit through the bay, then submerge again.

To be fair, when everyone is flying aircraft, not much of something you can do with Godzilla. Fight him? Or Mecha or some other Kaiju. Or a special map where he'd fight some USEA ground forces or something while you provide air cover... would've been wild, hehe.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, when everyone is flying aircraft, not much of something you can do with Godzilla.

True. There wouldn't really be anything in Ace Combat that could actually stop Godzilla.

Still tho, would've been cool if he was like an extra unstoppable threat that would occasionally Atomic Breath you.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

True. There wouldn't really be anything in Ace Combat that could actually stop Godzilla.

Still tho, would've been cool if he was like an extra unstoppable threat that would occasionally Atomic Breath you.

I'd wonder...

Unless they could make the maps change from that sort of environmental damage, maybe that's why they didn't made him do something like that. If it's holding off an unstoppable force, Infinity already had the Butterfly Master for that. Like I said, maybe a special mission where you're helping him out or something. Like USEA having gotten hold of MechaGodzilla or something.

I didn't really get much of a chance to appreciate it in the game itself but

Man, this song is so beautiful. Since it's the world map theme, i didn't really hear it that much because but now that i'm listening to it in it's entirety, this song gives off the same vibes that some of the slower Xenoblade area themes do. Stuff like Satorl Marsh Night, Bionis' Shoulder, Sylvalum, Leftheria. This song is up there with those.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

NORTON HAS GOTTEN 3 SPD IN A ROW

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

Did that just- Is this the screen of a liar?

1184900189_THISISNOTADRILL.png.96a782719621e768c1bb8732b922a6af.png

LET'S GO NORTON IS A PART OF THE TEAM

Wait are you using ePSXe?

Named and recolored my final EOV team, it took too long. Cadenza Guild is incidentally too dark in coloration, more purple and blue than there should be, and I've quite a distaste for brightness and paleness apparently. Oh well, I'll get used to it, I don't want to go back and edit things. But, now I'm too tired to actually start the playthrough -and I just released I forgot to rename the hawk my Rover will be summoning.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

You can rename cities?

Yes, I forget how, because I haven't done it myself, but you can. You can name them whatever you want, in case you can't pronounce "Yucuñudahui".

I remember looking at screenshots from a player who go named two cities "Lautaro Is A Jerk" and "Lautaro Is Still A Jerk". The Mapuche (DLC) leader attacked him, then the player took one of his cities in return, Lautaro refused to accept peace. He took another Mapuche city, and Lautaro agreed to peace only if both cities were returned and he got an indemnity -despite him being the aggressor. Eventually Lautaro relented and ceded both cities and an indemnity to the player, and he lost a third city to England.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

First Abandoned rating i've made since making my account.

Darned that happened.

On Ys VIII, I forget how much HP the bosses had there, the final boss is a bit excessive, but the rest I don't remember being bad. Although there was one boss who flew out of reach too often. 

I thought I heard VIII is a refinement of VII, and that IX is more of the same as VIII. Shrimpy would know better.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ys 8 is a much easier game than Origins. Origins is the 2nd hardest game up there with Oath, and only because Oath has a Touhou final boss.

I would say Ys 8 Nightmare is on par with Ys Origins on hard, if you don't abuse items in Ys 8.

💀

I can get through some boss battles in the Metroidvania Castlevanias without using healing items nowadays not like you have much of a choice in Circle of the Moon, no shops and all. But this does not exactly sound survivable for me.😐

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I thought I heard VIII is a refinement of VII,

I've heard the same. 7 was the first "modern" Ys game iirc so it makes sense that 8 would refine it.