Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ok but can Like a Dragon even run on my PC?

Well, the specs say this:

Spoiler
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 | AMD FX-8350
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB | AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB
    • Storage: 40 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Requires a CPU which supports the AVX and SSE4.2 instruction set
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-6700 | AMD Ryzen 5 1400
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 3 GB | AMD Radeon RX 580, 4 GB
    • Storage: 60 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Requires a CPU which supports the AVX and SSE4.2 instruction set

I haven't the foggiest of ideas as to what that means, buuuuut the game looks really good, so...Probably not, but it is also on all non-Wii U/Switch whatever the heck this gen is consoles, (stuff like PS4). I dunno what consoles you have, though.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

When you put in a few hundred hours of grinding and the PS4 decides

:sorry, your save data is corrupt! Hahahahaha! 

Me: *Neps internally*

OOF

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I remember how I had leveled Cress to like 140 in Tales of Phantasia GBA version yes I hate myself, save data corruption before I could go and complete the lower floors of the mineshaft. And when my first PS3 died, I lost my Tales of Graces data, which was in the second-to-last dungeon I think.

So, my sympathies. 

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I remember how I had leveled Cress to like 140 in Tales of Phantasia GBA version yes I hate myself, save data corruption before I could go and complete the lower floors of the mineshaft. And when my first PS3 died, I lost my Tales of Graces data, which was in the second-to-last dungeon I think.

So, my sympathies. 

That’s what you get for playing a GBA game in a form that doesn’t allow for save states. /s

49 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I once 100% Smash 4 on 3DS and a rage quit online lead to corruption of my save.

Pain and suffering.

43 minutes ago, Benice said:

I dunno what consoles you have, though.

As far as consoles go, Wii U and Switch is all I have.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I once 100% Smash 4 on 3DS and a rage quit online lead to corruption of my save.

Pain and suffering.

As far as consoles go, Wii U and Switch is all I have.

Ah.

Well, it's possible that Yakuza 3, 4 or 5 remastered would run on your computer.

I played the demo of the new Monster Hunter game yesterday since a few people really praised the multiplayer mode. Until that I didn't even know what this series is about. Originally I thought it'd be something kinda similar to Pokémon like catching some random things which haven't any personality. However when I started the game I was surprised positively. The overworld and the design of the mosters looked quite a lot like Xenoblade. Unfortunately in the first mission I already noticed this game is nothing for me. Failed and this killed my motivation to go any deeper in this game.

Well, since I'm a crazy masochist I decided to start again with Victoria 2 HPM.

3i3S1W3.png

Eeyup... little did the Central American rebels that shattered to pieces the FRCA knew they were making themselves vulnerable to the claws of the Golden Eagle...

The one upside of HPM, starting as a Presidential Dictatorship and with the Reactionary party in charge means I can start building factories right off the bat. Just my luck, the Santa Anna Captured event didn't fired, so good news I didn't had to worry about that, bad news means I'll have that Santa Anna modifier for a while...

The sad thing is that even becoming a Great Power won't save me from Manifest Destiny triggering. Damn mods and their railroading...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I played the demo of the new Monster Hunter game yesterday since a few people really praised the multiplayer mode. Until that I didn't even know what this series is about. Originally I thought it'd be something kinda similar to Pokémon like catching some random things which haven't any personality.

There is a spinoff series that is kinda like pokemon, called Monster Hunter Stories...

3 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Unfortunately in the first mission I already noticed this game is nothing for me. Failed and this killed my motivation to go any deeper in this game.

Sorry to hear that. If you want to give it a second chance, I suggest to play around with each of the weapon types a little to try and find one you like, as what type of weapon you are wielding changes the feel of those games...

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On Ys VIII, I forget how much HP the bosses had there, the final boss is a bit excessive, but the rest I don't remember being bad. Although there was one boss who flew out of reach too often. 

Yup, that is true. Ys 7 bosses are really sponges, and Ys 8 is much much better in that regard (except sponge of life)

Older Ys bosses might be bullet-hellish, and you can't use heals on oath and origin, but they also die in 3-7 minutes

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But this does not exactly sound survivable for me.😐

Try the steam Demo! It should give you an idea on hoy Ys Origins is like

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait are you using ePSXe?

PCSXR.

I just leave the frame count on.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...Wow, that is going to be an interesting run isn't it

Esther's also doing well. plenty of good levels so far.

Maruj has no magic (but he is fast), Julia has no Str (and somehow 7 Def), Sasha has 10 Mag and 7 Str (Oh boy let's buy thunder swords), Narron has never levelled Spd or Def, it'll be interesting to see where things go.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Fuck that sucks.

Was it just this that was lost?

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah i 100% understand, that's why i started with Swords that attract each other to create some cool more grounded thing 😉

Hah! I imagine the victim of such a technique would be quite grounded after all's said and done, yes.

It's not swords that are the problem, it's how they are used

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's not the sword itself tho.

Yes, that's true. To be fair, I was making big, sweeping statements and arguments yesterday, but I'm full of shit - truth is, as long as a fight is well executed and neither party feels like some sort of undamageable superman, I'll most likely enjoy it, swords or no swords.

10 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Nagatoro is great.

I do not doubt it, but it does not look like the sort of thing I'd enjoy.

...I don't think, anyway. Her facial expressions are a work of art, I'll give it that much.

I'm in love with the opening, though. There's no denying that.

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

HOLY FUCK NORTON LEVELLED SPD TWICE IN A ROW.

He gets the next Knight Crest, sorry Estelle.

YES!

YES!

NORTON!

R O C K   S O L I D !

A R D E N   2 :   E L E C T R I C   B O O G A L O O

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

1184900189_THISISNOTADRILL.png.96a782719621e768c1bb8732b922a6af.png

LET'S GO NORTON IS A PART OF THE TEAM

Okay this is just beautiful. Heck, I think he might be looking better than my Ironman's Norton - and my Norton was the most epic shit ever!

4 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Oof, I noticed that the pointclick or however it's called is necessary to do the Captain Toad stages. I think Rubenio already mentioned it. Welp, it sucks, especially since it offers more green stars than a normal stage.

Yes, it's necessary for those stages, as well as a handful of regular stages (not many, though - I think it's only like three?). I must say that I enjoyed these things better back in the Wii U version. The gamepad was wonderful for it. Plus, the automatic elevators were static and you had to blow on the gamepad to make them raise. That was such a cute detail.

55 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Maruj has no magic (but he is fast)

Ah, yes. Some things never change; Maruj being utterly miserable is one of them.

55 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Narron

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Why no Luca, man? Why no Luca?

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sorry to hear that. If you want to give it a second chance, I suggest to play around with each of the weapon types a little to try and find one you like, as what type of weapon you are wielding changes the feel of those games...

The demo also offers multiplayer mode as far as I understood correctly, so I do it before I will give a judgement to this game. However even if it should be positive fun, I won't buy it until it's on sale since I don't want to pay a full price of a game I'm not 100% convinced of and I also have to lower my backlog list.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, it's necessary for those stages, as well as a handful of regular stages (not many, though - I think it's only like three?). I must say that I enjoyed these things better back in the Wii U version. The gamepad was wonderful for it. Plus, the automatic elevators were static and you had to blow on the gamepad to make them raise. That was such a cute detail.

Actually the pre R button of my gamepad activates pointmode, but I haven't figured it out yet how to use is properly. It's very shacky to use.

R O C K   S O L I D !

Just now, Zan Partizanne said:

Actually the pre R button of my gamepad activates pointmode, but I haven't figured it out yet how to use is properly. It's very shacky to use.

Does this "point mode" let you use the joystick to move the pointer around, or is it purely motion controls? If not, that's wonderful news! I mean, sure, it'd be awkward as all hell, but the feature is used sparsely enough that all I'd really need is a quick fix so I don't have to swap to my drifty joycons for those levels.

2 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

R O C K   S O L I D !

I heard a lot of talk about this game as a kid. Never quite played it, but it sure seems... Interesting.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does this "point mode" let you use the joystick to move the pointer around, or is it purely motion controls? If not, that's wonderful news! I mean, sure, it'd be awkward as all hell, but the feature is used sparsely enough that all I'd really need is a quick fix so I don't have to swap to my drifty joycons for those levels.

Ok, I figured it out. You have to control the hand (target symbol) by moving the gamepad like you would control the wii-mote of the wii and press ZR when you got the target (idk how to explain it better).

I heard a lot of talk about this game as a kid. Never quite played it, but it sure seems... Interesting.

Good for you that you didn't because it's rated R. This game is fun (only watched several LPs) with lots of good references to movies, but it deals with lots of content >18. It's basically like playing Banjo Kazooie for adults.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

Ok, I figured it out. How you have to control the hand (target symbol) with the gamepad like you would control the wii-mote of the wii (idk how to explain i better).

Motion controls it is. Such a shame... My controller does not have support for those. Oh, well. Too bad.

Good for you that you didn't because it's rated R. This game is fun (only watched several LPs) with lots of good references to movies, but it deals with lots of content >18. It's basically like playing Banjo Kazooie for adults.

So I heard, yes. Perhaps one day.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why no Luca, man? Why no Luca?

Its the only way he doesn't get killed off.

Okay this is just beautiful. Heck, I think he might be looking better than my Ironman's Norton - and my Norton was the most epic shit ever!

Once he starts levelling Def we'll really see him tear it up.

Ah, yes. Some things never change; Maruj being utterly miserable is one of them.

He is speedy, so if need be powerful tomes should make up for it somewhat.

12 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Not enough rave music in the clubs smh

4 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Also do you have a Nintendo 64?

I'd be a bit jelly, if you had.

Nah. I've mostly used emulators my entire life.

Was a big mistake to sell it...

F

Just now, Dayni said:

Its the only way he doesn't get killed off.

The Dakruon exists. You have no excuses!

Just now, Dayni said:

He is speedy, so if need be powerful tomes should make up for it somewhat.

Powerful tomes won't bring his grandfather back.

They can, however, show Alicia out. So that's something.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah. I've mostly used emulators my entire life.

I assumed so.

Actually I stopped with emulating (aside of FE4 and FE5) because it feels better for me having an original copy of that game.

Not enough rave music in the clubs smh

I was a bit shocked when I heared this theme, shocked in a positive way. Never expected the N64 would play music like this. I mean I'm not fond of this kind of music, but it was hilarious to hear a theme like that in a videogame. 

By the way this song is played

Spoiler

when Conker has to pie on male disco visitors.

Anyways I should finish Super Mario World 3D now since freetime's over soon, so jambuhbye for now!

Edited by Zan Partizanne