Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

By the way this song is played

Reveal hidden contents

when Conker has to pie on male disco visitors.

I assume it's not to throw pies at them, but I'm going to pretend that's what's going on.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw you want to play something but you don't feel like playing anything

I know of a certain game... B. Saga. Ring any bells? It would be a great way to pass the time.

8 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I assumed so.

Actually I stopped with emulating (aside of FE4 and FE5) because it feels better for me having an original copy of that game.

I suppose so. To each their own - I'm content emulating, personally. It'd feel wrong to do it with systems that are currently being sold, but for anything else, it's not like I could repay the developers for their efforts anymore.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I once 100% Smash 4 on 3DS and a rage quit online lead to corruption of my save.

Pain and suffering.

Yeah... that sucks too.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Fuck that sucks.

Was it just this that was lost?

Yeah, but sadly it was FFX, one of the most grind heavy FF games.

Beaten Super Mario World 3D.

Now I have to get best character...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose so. To each their own - I'm content emulating, personally. It'd feel wrong to do it with systems that are currently being sold, but for anything else, it's not like I could repay the developers for their efforts anymore.

If it's for a "dead" console, I can totally understand.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I assume it's not to throw pies at them, but I'm going to pretend that's what's going on.

Your assumption is correct.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, but sadly it was FFX, one of the most grind heavy FF games.

OOOOF.

I played it years ago on PS2. I got stuck in the area before Zanarkand, didn't use the right equipment for it. Not exactly a game that's easy to return back to wherever you were.

I brought the tiger band I got from Boltz to chapter 6-main so I could give it to Perceval. I thought, surely, that would be enough.

Guy had 89% hit. He missed both strikes.

How. How does he do it.

Anyway, it's complete. Once again, I completely forgot to buy an escapestone for Daoud, so I was forced to leave him behind. I'm super good at this game, man, you truly believe I've played it 5 times now.

36 minutes ago, Dayni said:

OOOOF.

I played it years ago on PS2. I got stuck in the area before Zanarkand, didn't use the right equipment for it. Not exactly a game that's easy to return back to wherever you were.

Well once you get to the point to where your just trying to get things like Fortune Spheres, Dark Matter, etc. It just becomes a chore.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Try the steam Demo! It should give you an idea on hoy Ys Origins is like

Steam is compatible with Mac, -but I want to (well, someone else wants me to) keep this computer "clean". So no joining that for now, not until I shell out for my dedicated gaming laptop.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I get that.

Sometimes I'm tired, but not so tired I want to go to sleep. Other times, it's me not having the right mindset for any of the games I'd want to play.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Well once you get to the point to where your just trying to get things like Fortune Spheres, Dark Matter, etc. It just becomes a chore.

And some of the Crests/Sigils for the ultimate weapons. When it turned out I missed out on Anima (Really? An easily missable Aeon?), that sealed the deal on me never attempting the postgame stuff, the bosses sound like poorly thought out HP bloat too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Is this the hard mode?

No. Historical Project Mod.

Compared to other Paradox games, Victoria 2 is quite barebones, and it's been years since its development ended, with no Victoria 3 in sight. Thus, modders have done lots of mods that, well, try to enhance the experience and make it up to par with other games like Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis 4.

Also, funny thing, but as I played I noticed that Rio Grande do Sul won its civil war against Brazil. That like, almost never happens if left to the AI to duke it out. I'm impressed.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When it turned out I missed out on Anima (Really? An easily missable Aeon?), that sealed the deal on me never attempting the postgame stuff

What?

Anima is not missable. The only temple you can't revisit to activate the Destruction Sphere is Bevelle's, but that one you have to use the Destruction Sphere to proceed, so you don't miss out.

The only problem that can arise is if you're playing International/HD version, and didn't do Besaid's Destruction Sphere, since after a point you will have to deal with Dark Valefor before you can enter Besaid again.

Ah, FFX. Was like, the second FF game I tried out, after X-2. Yes, I played them out of order.

Got stuck on Evrae for a LONG time.

I should play it again. I think I have a still-unfinished playthrough in my PS3...

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

This!!

I think I’ll just start a game of Civ after food though, and see how that ends up. Might go for domination, I think Alexander was good for that. Maybe. Or that girl whose name I forgot.

Edited by Sooks

Screenshot_3005.png?width=192&height=432

Screenshot_3004.png?width=191&height=432

Dr. Stone out here having two incredibly based seasons in row.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The sad thing is that even becoming a Great Power won't save me from Manifest Destiny triggering.

Dread it. Run from it. Manifest Destiny still arrives.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

PCSXR.

I just leave the frame count on.

I hope you're fast-forwarding at least because some of those later maps😐

30s especially is gonna be hell if you can't fast-forward.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I heard a lot of talk about this game as a kid. Never quite played it, but it sure seems... Interesting.

Lots of parents bought this game for their kids not realizing what the actual content was.

There's a remake on Xbox 360 iirc but for some reason the Xbox version censors all the swearing iirc. 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guy had 89% hit. He missed both strikes.

360.png

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

360.png

Yes. Absolutely. You like to complain about Berwick hitrates, but believe me - you know nothing. You did not reach Perceval. You do not know what suffering is until your life depends on that man landing his thunderstrikes.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also what even is that? Is that a thing that exists? Google seems to think it doesn't...

It shouldn't. I just tried to make up something that sounds like your usual trash Light novel xD

Everyone should play Final Fantasy X at least one time, it's the best in the series.

Good morning.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I hope you're fast-forwarding at least because some of those later maps😐

30s especially is gonna be hell if you can't fast-forward.

It isn't too much trouble yet.

Except for that time the framerate dropped to 19 for about half a minute for very little reason (I had something else loading, but that hadn't caused it before)

Fast forwarding is in the emulator, but I haven't assigned it on the controller because every button's used (Because I can't click on the trackpad as a button.). I just need to remember where on my keyboard for when it's too slow.

Screenshot_3005.png?width=192&height=432

Screenshot_3004.png?width=191&height=432

Dr. Stone out here having two incredibly based seasons in row.

So you would say the story's a stable bedrock for every character involved and the animation's closer to chiselled marble than collapsing mud?

There's a remake on Xbox 360 iirc but for some reason the Xbox version censors all the swearing iirc. 

All the big three with their weird censorship stories apparently.

Though I can't say I've heard much from Microsoft in fairness.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Everyone should play Final Fantasy IX at least one time, it's the best in the series.

Just, let me put an I there.... Good.

This isn't to knock FFX, still in the upper half of the series imo. I'd debated getting a remaster, but I've actually got the originals, so eh.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Just, let me put an I there.... Good.

This isn't to knock FFX, still in the upper half of the series imo. I'd debated getting a remaster, but I've actually got the originals, so eh.

I used to think IX was the best FF too, but recently I noticed that the combat is sluggish. Every time I select a command it takes a long time for the character to act, and it really drags down. I also think X's story is stronger.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That lady’s name was Tomyris. She leads Scythia, which admittedly doesn’t ring a bell...

Figured it was her. That woman clones horses. It's hilarious. She turns the game into Genealogy of the Holy War.